Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Many Married Men Are Unhappy... - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Many Married Men Are Unhappy... (45152 Views)

Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely / What Do You Do When Are Unhappy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 4:55pm On Jun 15, 2012
dayokanu:

You should know that Lepa is waiting for me (Ronke you embarrased me How can you type Lepa as leper-Person with leprosy)

Which State is she, Send my details to her. She would fall in love at first text

Nigger! It is like you are always hiding behind a door to snatch my meat. grin

Anytime we hear women, dayokanu can smell it from any thread he is on. grin
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 15, 2012
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by dayokanu(m): 5:10pm On Jun 15, 2012
ronkebp:

grin grin grin grin grin my sister would have killed me if she saw the leper instead of lepa......chei...i fall my own hand sef....

Anyways....why am i even talking to you? you that do not want your girl or wife to come and visit you in the office, is the one i will give my sister to?, i dey mara smiley smiley

Ronke no worry she fit dey come my office that rule doesnt apply to your sister. She we can even live inside my cubicle sef. na part of love

Send me her contact dont let her miss on this opportunity. The girl you think doesnt send would soon tell you "-Dayo is all I live for"

chaircover: Dont mind that Dayo. He was chasing after my sister before before ooooo!

Saggy, you can have my sister instead jare. She is pepper hot hot hot . . . .Ask Jaybee. lipsrsealed (eerrrm to the dirty minds, its not what you think)

I dey beg you for 3 yrs now as per your sister you dey form shakara for me, You go give jaybee, And na me first ask, later we go say Farouk Lawan corrupt. This chaircover corruption pass Obasanjo sef. Well Me and you na Oluyole we go resolve our issue.
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by ronkebp(f): 5:14pm On Jun 15, 2012
dayokanu:

Ronke no worry she fit dey come my office that rule doesnt apply to your sister. She we can even live inside my cubicle sef. na part of love

Send me her contact dont let her miss on this opportunity. The girl you think doesnt send would soon tell you "-Dayo is all I live for"

I dey beg you for 3 yrs now as per your sister you dey form shakara for me, You go give jaybee, And na me first ask, later we go say Farouk Lawan corrupt. This chaircover corruption pass Obasanjo sef. Well Me and you na Oluyole we go resolve our issue.

You will have to join the queue....no chancing!!! send your resume to me....meanwhile...you are sniffing everybody's sister, i don't wnat a serial cheat for my sister oooo, she is too good for that type. smiley wink
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 15, 2012
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by dayokanu(m): 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2012
ronkebp:

You will have to join the queue....no chancing!!! send your resume to me....meanwhile...you are sniffing everybody's sister, i don't wnat a serial cheat for my sister oooo, she is too good for that type. smiley wink

Sniffing wetin? That Chaircover na 3 years ago and she has decided to do "Ojusaju" and give to jaybee because they are both londoners, make we Americanas sef dey do our own.

Resume?
My name is my resume. Adedayo. Thats enough How many times do you see a 6ft5 Nigerian. Everywhere I go I stand out. Ma soro ju.

Kosoro cool Make I no too yarn before those nairaland girl begin dey chase me all over trying to follow me like i'm freaking twitter
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by dayokanu(m): 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2012
chaircover: LOL see this dayo ooooo!

Did you bring the items on the list ni? abi you think that aburo cc is free?

I no give Jaybee ooooo. Jaybee has his own beautiful hot babe. Jaybee can only testify that my sister is Hooooooooottttttttt grin grin

Where is the list? Hope you dont have Ghana must Go on the list.

Me staying single is whats giving a lot of Nigerian single ladies hope. Once I get hitched millions would drop their head that the most eligible Nigerian guy is gone
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2012
chaircover: Dont mind that Dayo. He was chasing after my sister before before ooooo!

Saggy, you can have my sister instead jare. She is pepper hot hot hot . . . .Ask Jaybee. lipsrsealed (eerrrm to the dirty minds, its not what you think)

Wa'shere! (You go do well)

Quality woman, quality sister.

I am going to get my engagement ring. All these dust I have been chatting is history. grin
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by dayokanu(m): 5:27pm On Jun 15, 2012
Sagamite: Wa'shere! (You go do well)

Quality woman, quality sister.

I am going to get my engagement ring. All these dust I have been chatting is history. grin

Chaircover, Don't let Sagamite come near your sister ooo. That ring he calls engagement ring is actually "touch and follow" ring dont let him hypnotize your sis.

The self acclaimed Babalawo who also comes from Ijebu-Sagamu. Koju ma ri bi, gbogbo ara logun e (For the eye not to see evil, the whole body must be at alert)
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2012
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 15, 2012
Dayo I dont know what to say again oooooooo. You have only been mouth no action for the past 3 years lipsrsealed grin

How much longer did you expect us to wait for you? in the meantime you were chasing all NL girls and their dogs up and down angry
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by TV01(m): 5:32pm On Jun 15, 2012
Sagamite:

Who said he preaches or sells marriage?

He preaches achievements.

I have outlined my thoughts on hypocrisy and fraud. Lets leave it at that. We don't truly know the gist of this bobo and only referred to him in passing. he's not the thrust of this thread, so lets leave him.

Sagamite:
Apart from the ridiculous impracticality of all men blah blah blah, what makes you think it is under only a "marriage" arrangement kids can be raised balancely. So kids raised by co-habiting parents are not balanced?.

So we agree on the impracticality and the inbalance "tapping-ass" as an alternative to marriage would cause.

Yes, co-habiting can lead to well-balanced kids, but empirical evidenc shows that it does not do so as successfully as marriage.

Sagamite:
And your point is?

This like telling me some apples are red and some are green. Like telling me Beijing is the capital of China.

What I need to know is how is not willing to get married irresponsible? How not taking an option to marry denote someone is irresponsible.?.

I've outlined this already. To be unmarried is not in itself irresponsible. Marriage ushers in a covenanted level of commitment and self-sacrifice, thus a deeper level of responsibility.

To be unmarried (or married) and an ass-tapper is grossly irresponsible.

Sagamite:
So who is an unmarried man irresponsible to? Who does he owe a duty to that he is not undertaking for your like to label him irresponsible?

Per above, society, the "tappees" and believe it or not, himself. If he subscribes to the tapping approach.

Sagamite:
No 1, who made marriage or how was marriage made?

You are well aware that many subscribe to the faith-based notion of marriage. The legal codifying of marriage is not actually necessary, as it adds nothing to it. And biblically, it is presented as first and formost a civil not a religious rite.

Sagamite:
No 2, do you want me to dig up the historical posts where you said people should enter based on faith, where you said your due diligence was based on one date and where you said based on your due diligence you know actions she would never take in the future? Do you? Do you want to waste my time digging it up or prefer to fess up?

Be my guest. I have remained true to my word. I met my wife. Fancied her like mad. Angled a date, knowing she appeared a great fit. I was circumspect and dilligent for 3 months. Proposed, planned and performed the wedding rites. Progress continues to be made in a mutually loving, satisfying and fruitful union. It's cake when you understand.

Sagamite:
No 3, if you are changing your tune, please entertain me by telling me what you think successgul marriage and the due diligence to achieve this success should be based on. What due diligence did you do before marrying your wife after a few short months??

A common worldview is always a good start. Shared background helps, but is not essential. Fully understand any differences and see if they could be dealbreakers. There are loads of things both little and large to consider and I'd be happy to discuss point by point if you open thread.

Essentially you have to be prepared as a person, in the right type of mindset and understand what attributes and qualities are desirable in a good wife. As opposed to your personal wish list, where accomodations can be made.

Sagamite:
Most likely "Hell fcking yeah". It just wouldn't be me.

If her terms (which I would also listen to) does not favour me or is not in my self-interest based on my rationality judgements, she can "bye, bye, odaabo". I am not a Real Man, I am the Ultimate Man. A real man might agree to whatever she says, an ultimate man is not scared of saying fck off when required.

Some of your blind spots are in plain sight.

No matter how worthy, if you are both not working from a position of mutual self-interest - it can be that way you know? - you'll never strike the bargain or the right bargain. You are unilaterally looking out for you. Marriage is first and foremost looking out - being responsible - for the other. A "my way or the highway" approach means you will be walking a lonely path. You simply don't get it do you? Do you really consider yourself open to marriage?

- See why some of us faith loonies like to work with a divinely given stricture which is altogether flawless and true. Unbiased toward either party?

Sagamite:
I am worthy of a good time and a happy life. Whatever framework provides that, based on the adjustment to dynamics I cannot control, I would choose.?

You are yet to show me a framework better than marriage.
In fact all you have come up with is revolving door ass-tapping which doesn't sound like the kind of thing that should emanate from a gargantuan intellect such as yours?

Your fear raises it's head agian. Can you guarantee anything in this life? And contracts are not guarnatees.

Sagamite:
One thing, for sure, I do not intend to do is to herd-mentally compromise my future happiness so I adhere to some societal and historical norms to please others.

A lemming like appraoch is the last thing I would suggest. As would doing it to please others. Understand it and embrace it - if you choose and for yourself. I have repeatedly asked you to outline your own construct and one that would serve society as a whole better than marriage. You've presented "Tappimony". Please employ your colossal intellect to the betterment of mankind.

Sagamite:
Why? Because others and even those that have died are not intellectually at me level. They are not worthy of being at a level to judge me, I am the one that should be judging them.

Judge you ke? A successful union speaks for itself. Construct one based on your intellectual prowess and let us see. If it beats the marriage ideal, you will be well hailed!

Sagamite:
How can I be worried about a judgement of a foool that says you don't become a big boy until you marry. I am way too fcking smart to be worried about such a person's judgement of my actions.

I see where JohnDoe was coming from, although I am not in total agreement, truth is he has a point.

Sagamite:
Baba God is the one that gave me the fine brain noni.

before baba God gave the world Sagamite, He gave us marriage.

Open the thread if you please. Otherwise I'd like to hear what inroads you have made. I don't want to be using dentures at your reception.

Best
TV
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 5:32pm On Jun 15, 2012
dayokanu:

Chaircover, Don't let Sagamite come near your sister ooo. That ring he calls engagement ring is actually "touch and follow" ring dont let him hypnotize your sis.

The self acclaimed Babalawo who also comes from Ijebu-Sagamu. Koju ma ri bi, gbogbo ara logun e (For the eye not to see evil, the whole body must be at alert)

grin grin grin grin grin

chaircover: Saggy, you mean all those arguments of yours about marriage/gold diggers and so on are null and void shocked grin

Yes o!

If she says "Saga, enter kitchen go make me Ebiripo and Bitter leaf soup", I go say: "Yes, ma". grin

chaircover:
Errmmmmmmm one small detail before we go to far o! My sis only travels business class wink grin

AHH! Gbese. (Red account)
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 5:33pm On Jun 15, 2012
I am actually about to attempt cooking bitter leaf soup for the first time in my life right now. grin
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 15, 2012
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by dayokanu(m): 5:44pm On Jun 15, 2012
chaircover: You are invited to the wedding grin

Which wedding? You wan go Ogun shrine do wedding? shocked

Sagamite ajagajigi ogun, Eni ko ko mo, Eni mo o ko (Sagamite the great jazzman, people who meet him dont know him, People who know him dont meet him) Okunrin meta ati aabo - Three and half man

Meanwhile Ronkus ronkus, You know my first girlfriend in Secondary school was named Ronke, I knew I would always have something to do with a Ronke either as spouse of Inlaw

Hope your sister isn't Ibo sha
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by TV01(m): 5:44pm On Jun 15, 2012
chaircover: TV you see now!!!!

With all your grammer, it just took one sentence of mine to totally change saggy's mindset grin grin grin

You are invited to the wedding grin

As long as we get there I am happy. Marriage has made me a team player. I'ma tell wifey to block out the day/weekend/whole month of celebration.

Now, about HaraKiri....
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by ronkebp(f): 6:52pm On Jun 15, 2012
dayokanu:

Which wedding? You wan go Ogun shrine do wedding? shocked

Sagamite ajagajigi ogun, Eni ko ko mo, Eni mo o ko (Sagamite the great jazzman, people who meet him dont know him, People who know him dont meet him) Okunrin meta ati aabo - Three and half man

Meanwhile Ronkus ronkus, You know my first girlfriend in Secondary school was named Ronke, I knew I would always have something to do with a Ronke either as spouse of Inlaw

Hope your sister isn't Ibo sha

Really?little wander you are so attached to my name wink wink thank God that is not my real name...smiley smiley...my sister lives in London....sorry to burst your bubble...you will have to travel far and wide to reach her.....and how Ibo fit mix with Ondo blood....quality one for that matter....
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 7:03pm On Jun 15, 2012
ronkebp:

Really?little wander you are so attached to my name wink wink thank God that is not my real name...smiley smiley...my sister lives in London....sorry to burst your bubble...you will have to travel far and wide to reach her.....and how Ibo fit mix with Ondo blood....quality one for that matter....

AHHHHHH! SHEYGE! O GBE!

Shine shine bobo. Get your swagger out. Get you grove on! Omo na ma fall ni, straight up! (The babe will fall) Nibo lo ti wa to ni ri value. (where does she think she is from not to see the value). Iwor ma ni Saga. (Na you be Saga) Okunrin mefa. (6 men in 1 man).

Wey am? Wey the peperenpe? Wey the sugar sugar? grin

We are saying thank you Jesus
Thank you my Lord!
Thank you my Lord!
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by ronkebp(f): 7:10pm On Jun 15, 2012
Sagamite:

AHHHHHH! SHEYGE! O GBE!

Shine shine bobo. Get your swagger out. Get you grove on! Omo na ma fall ni, straight up! (The babe will fall) Nibo lo ti wa to ni ri value. (where does she think she is from not to see the value). Iwor ma ni Saga. (Na you be Saga) Okunrin mefa. (6 men in 1 man).

Wey am? Wey the peperenpe? Wey the sugar sugar? grin

Thank you my Lord!
Thank you my Lord!

O/Y/O .......On Your Own!!!!!
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by MissIfe(f): 7:30pm On Jun 15, 2012
OMG !!! angry angry angry I'm gonna get really mad now ! So I left for just a few hours and the one simple little thing I asked for, nobody remembered ?! angry angry angry

Saga is getting married and I haven't even got an invitation ! o ma se o !!

Anyways, Saga, congratulations, though I'm not quite sure whose sister you're getting married to, having either CC or ronke as in-laws is enough for u to have my blessing grin Go and marry NOOOOOWWW !! And this time, don't mess up and don't forget ME ! I'm ready for a BIG party ! grin

Now, as TV rightly pointed out, where's harakiri ? Who has a sister left for him ?

harraaaaaakiiiiirriiiiii ? Come here, we gotta talk grin grin grin grin
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 7:35pm On Jun 15, 2012
TV01:
Yes, co-habiting can lead to well-balanced kids, but empirical evidenc shows that it does not do so as successfully as marriage.

Before I address the rest, please show me the empirical evidence.

1 Like

Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 7:42pm On Jun 15, 2012
ronkebp:

O/Y/O .......On Your Own!!!!!

Yeye woman!

And you were behaving like if you no recognise value, now you are scared. grin

Miss_Ife: OMG !!! angry angry angry I'm gonna get really mad now ! So I left for just a few hours and the one simple little thing I asked for, nobody remembered ?! angry angry angry

Anyways, Saga, congratulations, though I'm not quite sure whose sister you're getting married to, having either CC or ronke as in-laws is enough for u to have my blessing grin Go and marry NOOOOOWWW !! And this time, don't mess up and don't forget ME ! I'm ready for a BIG party ! grin

Now, as TV rightly pointed out, where's harakiri ? Who has a sister left for him ?

Invite dey come your way jor. smiley
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 7:43pm On Jun 15, 2012
Bitter leaf soup is ready.

And Ronke go say I no get value. Tschew! cheesy
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by armyofone(m): 7:43pm On Jun 15, 2012
suffer head soup. when we asked you to appreciate a lady, you started blowing some cretinous grammar tongue grin.
i wouldn't touch that onugbu soup you cooking with 150ft pole.

by the way, make sure you pluck the bitter leaf from the stem, wash with 1 drum of water, leave some bitter and blend
with grinding stone. also use atarodo and ata wewe for the soup.
make yellow garri eba not some yeye poundo.

no too much salt or maggi okay.
add crayfish and prawns.

attempting indeed grin
tongue tongue

Sagamite: I am actually about to attempt cooking bitter leaf soup for the first time in my life right now. grin
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by ronkebp(f): 7:46pm On Jun 15, 2012
Miss_Ife: OMG !!! angry angry angry I'm gonna get really mad now ! So I left for just a few hours and the one simple little thing I asked for, nobody remembered ?! angry angry angry

Harakiri has taken to his heels !!! smiley smiley
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by ronkebp(f): 7:47pm On Jun 15, 2012
Sagamite:

Yeye woman!

And you were behaving like if you no recognise value, now you are scared. grin

Invite dey come your way jor. smiley

smiley grin grin grin grin grin you!!!! value?? i go break.....give me your 411....
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by MissIfe(f): 7:48pm On Jun 15, 2012
ronkebp:
Harakiri has taken to his heels !!! smiley smiley

I think sagamite's soup scared him away wink
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by ronkebp(f): 7:55pm On Jun 15, 2012
Miss_Ife:

I think sagamite's soup scared him away wink

Right!!!! he wants to cook bitterleaf soup as if he knows where to locate the cooker and pot...smiley smiley wink
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by TV01(m): 8:03pm On Jun 15, 2012
Sagamite:

Before I address the rest, please show me the empirical evidence.

Ok, I'm coming. For now I'll leave you with the following;

1. All things being equal kids thrive better in a traditional two (birth) parent family, with the parents properly modelling their roles.
2. Co-habiting couples are less likely to stay together than married couples
3. Where there is abuse, one of the parents is usually not a birth parent.

Right, I'm back, start here - the benefits kick-in literally from birth;
http://narth.com/docs/gendercomplementarity.html

Others;
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9139483/Marriage-is-best-for-raising-children-Government-says.html#
http://www.christianpost.com/news/federal-report-confirms-nuclear-family-best-for-childrens-health-48997/
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 8:11pm On Jun 15, 2012
armyofone: suffer head soup. when we asked you to appreciate a lady, you started blowing some cretinous grammar tongue grin.
i wouldn't touch that onugbu soup you cooking with 150ft pole.

by the way, make sure you pluck the bitter leaf from the stem, wash with 1 drum of water, leave some bitter and blend
with grinding stone. also use atarodo and ata wewe for the soup.
make yellow garri eba not some yeye poundo.

no too much salt or maggi okay.
add crayfish and prawns.

attempting indeed grin
tongue tongue

See your yansh!

Where were you when I was cooking it. When I finish you come dey give instructions. grin

[Now I need to bookmark this]
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 15, 2012
Sagamite stop being [i]irresponsible [/i]jare, go marry. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago / Man Surprises Wife With N15million Benz Just To Say 'Thank You' / Police Arrest Man For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.