Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash (14527 Views)

Protest In Chicago Over The Detention Of Zakzaky By Nigerian Army(photos) / Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge / Boko-Haram Claims Victory Over Nigerian Army In New Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 08, 2012
Isaactop9: Ibo and money. Instead of mourning his wife who died he is looking for case to hammer cheesy he for sue GEJ than suing ppl that manufactured the plane long tym ago.

My Brother I pity you, Because when you loose love ones like in this manner then you will know what agony can do psychologically . I dont pray for you or wish you this kind of pain but think b4 you write, do you think he is suing them for the money, nooo its just Anger if only you will understand but if dont next time shut ur stinking MOUTH.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by LogicMind: 12:23pm On Jun 08, 2012
If planes last for a limited number of years, plane manufacturers should put in a sort of automatic end of life recall and destruction plan for each plane they sell.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by ifyjay: 12:23pm On Jun 08, 2012
w
nakedall: This is why they respect, fair and don't like us! Up Nigeria

They respect u indeed! Abeg check your spelling,mumu.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Reference(m): 12:27pm On Jun 08, 2012
Biggyd2: Before this matter becomes statute barred families of the victims or those who lost properties should take steps to sue this company soon. Barr. Monday Ubani, current chairman of NBA Ikeja has started collating a list for those interested in a class action. People should be held responsible for their irresponsibilities. And whether we like it or not the lost souls will be crying out for justice. And this may actually bring some sought of closure for the families involved ie when the killers of their loved ones have been made to pay.

Quite agree. For those against moves like these. For your information this is how the private sector is trully regulated, not just by government but by the average consumer.

I am not surprised that Nigerians react to this. That's why we've had for instance a telecoms sector that hasn't developed properly. No one is held accountable, no one is hit where it hurts most the Corporate wallet.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 08, 2012
texazzpete:

Imbecility has eaten deep into your mind if you think a lawsuit against Alaska Air and Boeing would 'bring to light things that have been swept under the carpet in Nigeria'.
This lawsuit is nothing more than a greedy cash grab by aviation ambulance chaser Gary Robb...

You shut ur mouth, are you saying you r more intelligent than that man, he knows why he sue them. Hey dont even go their this man in question is so vexed and sueing a manufacturer is the least he can do to quench his anger, Nigger he lost his loved one for some bu1lsh!it reasons.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Ninilowo(m): 12:33pm On Jun 08, 2012
abegiiiii
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by DCTrendy(m): 12:37pm On Jun 08, 2012
Sosoliso and Bellview plane crash in 2005.

I want only 1 person to tell me the cause of those crashes. I mean d outcome of the black box investigation. Anyone ... None!! This is *NG*! The cause was covered up till date! So that no one will ask any question!

This guy is smart! He sue d coy so they could go for the investigation n make a report!!

He is coming back to *NG* to sue all the parties involved! All he wants now is the full report!

All of u calling him name n blaming him, may God forgive u all. Have u lost your wife before? Due to d corruption n negligence of some folks?? No? Then U shld keep shut asap n ask for forgiveness.

Go for it guy, sue them all.

1 Like

Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Chinom(m): 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

You shut ur mouth, are you saying you r more intelligent than that man, he knows why he sue them. Hey dont even go their this man in question is so vexed and sueing a manufacturer is the least he can do to quench his anger, Nigger he lost his loved one for some bu1lsh!it reasons.

You should'nt have bothered responding to that i-d-iot called "Texazzpete". he thinks calling everybody an slowpoke makes him intelligent. He is a man with deep inferiority complex.
It was an "Ambulance Chase" that got the McDoanlds women paid. We need more "Ämbulance Chasers" in Nigeria because those living in the destroyed houses on the ground have an even bigger claim.I trust my Naija people, tenants will emerge from under the rocks in no time. Even those living at Ajah.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Chinom(m): 12:49pm On Jun 08, 2012
"Slowpoke? !" I do'nt use such words. Stop putting words in my mouth. I wrote I-MBE-CILE.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by texazzpete(m): 12:55pm On Jun 08, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

What 'bullsh!t' reasons?! What do you know? The investigation is ongoing...anything before that concludes is just pure hearsay.

We all know why the man is suing them...and it all leads to dollar signs. Happily enough, the chances of him winning anything are really remote.

Suing a manufacturer is not 'the least' he can do to quench his anger. Why didn't the victims of the tanker fire deaths in Lagos go and sue Toyota or Honda? Are their family members any less 'vexed'? You keep exposing your imbecility the more you make this brainless argument.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by texazzpete(m): 1:00pm On Jun 08, 2012
Chinom:

You should'nt have bothered responding to that i-d-iot called "Texazzpete". he thinks calling everybody an slowpoke makes him intelligent. He is a man with deep inferiority complex.
It was an "Ambulance Chase" that got the McDoanlds women paid. We need more "Ämbulance Chasers" in Nigeria because those living in the destroyed houses on the ground have an even bigger claim.I trust my Naija people, tenants will emerge from under the rocks in no time. Even those living at Ajah.

Ignorant dolt!
We have ambulance chasers here in Nigeria too. They'll be bound to pop out too...you think Nigerian lawyers aren't sniffing around this tragedy too?

If you had any brains you'd join the rest of us normal human beings to ensure that the right thing is done to prevent a similar tragedy like this from happening again. Instead in your infinite imbecility you're cheering on a lawsuit against the plane manufacturers and Alaska air while 90% of the planes flying in Nigeria are not even the same make as the one that crashed. Also the fact that such a lawsuit is in bad taste (especially when the cause of the plane crash has not been determined) does not seem to resonate in your thick skull.

This lawyer is even suing the pilot's estate...how fair is that?

I take pains to argue with and educate a dunce like yourself...please don't make me feel this is a wasted sacrifice.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by pendusky(m): 1:02pm On Jun 08, 2012
Bawss1:

Are US lawyers a special breed of super humans or what? Why have you quickly dismissed the possible angle that this lawyer is just out to make money and not to see that justice is served.

Even if, they hav to pay for negligence,!buh Its ok bro! Shalom!!
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Olaolufred(m): 1:03pm On Jun 08, 2012
WhyAWhy: I really don't understand,
0. Plane designed by manufacturer and engine designed by someoneelse
1. Plane was "born" in the late eighties or very early nineties
2. Plane has exchanged ownership at least twice
3. Plane has been used and age is now telling on it
4. Plane struck by tragedy
5. One man went all the way back to "0" to sue somebody, it probably would have made even little sense to sue the owners in "2."
submission: I will be amazed if he got anything out of this!

Definitely nothing. A waste of time.
He is probably looking for better compesation in Doll not Nai.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2012
ariblaze: i actually applaud this idea, the engine and plane makers would be forced to prove that it wasn't as a result of a flaw in design, but due to mismanagement, hence they will also be interested in the findings of the ''black box'' no one would come and pull wool over our eyes on its findings

remember how benz came out with testings of same version of car, when the princess of wales passed
Best comment so far. If the manufacturers can successfully prove the plane was still un good working condition as at the time DANA purchased it (3rd hand) even up till the last time it was brought to them for maintenance, then DANA can FULLY be held culpable for the mishap and they will be made to pair all way through their arsses.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Dede1(m): 1:19pm On Jun 08, 2012
Chinom: It's USA we're talking about here, guys.If a woman can sue McDonalds for making their coffie too hot that she got burnt on her laps when SHE spilled her coffie ,AND WON, then Chukwunonso definetely has a case.
In America many "Class-action suits"don't make sense. This man has nothing to lose.

We must embrace restrain when applying skewed analogies. The case McDonald and burnt woman is not comparable to the DANA disaster. McDonald knowingly sold hot cup of coffee to a woman who may or may not know how to handle a hot cup of coffee. The issue was not McDonald made the coffee too hot but selling hot liquid to individuals who could get injured while handling the hot liquid. Also, there was no warning sign on the cup to indicate hazardous nature of the hot coffee.

As for the DANA crash, I think McDonnell-Douglas or Boeing did not sell the aircraft to DANA and had no contractual agreement with DANA. In fact, Pratt & Whitney or McDonnell-Douglas or Boeing does no longer manufacture parts for the MD-83 since it has been discontinued and moribund.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Kobojunkie: 1:26pm On Jun 08, 2012
cjfavour: If u guys doesnt know,what this man is looking for is to make sure dt d investigation report about d crash is made public, thats why he ran to US.The content of d black box must b known this time around unlike b4. The case will later involve NCAA and FAAN who are d major culprit to me and nt even d DANA management.Sm1 gave d plane d pass to fly in NCAA nt Dana. For FAAN,they have to explained what an expired and bad plane was doing flying in 9ja airspace against an establishd rule. Note this guys. Nigeria govt surely must pay for this ineptitude.

Did you ever hear how the Halliburton case went? yeah! It still went the Nigerian way even after the case was made public.

While I understand that he may want to force the hand of the Nigerian Government to reveal details of the crash this way, I fail to see how it will change what happened or how it will all go down, eventually.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Kobojunkie: 1:29pm On Jun 08, 2012
Chinom: It's USA we're talking about here, guys.If a woman can sue McDonalds for making their coffie too hot that she got burnt on her laps when SHE spilled her coffie ,AND WON, then Chukwunonso definetely has a case.
In America many "Class-action suits"don't make sense. This man has nothing to lose.

Wow . . . we are already comparing this to that McDonald case? You may want to call home to get facts on how this is no where close to the McDonalds case. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by texazzpete(m): 1:32pm On Jun 08, 2012
All those American worshippers, see comments posted on CNN

With all due respect to this african's loss, he has obviilsy being swayed by a sleezy US lawyer. Notice how he is not sueing the african airline knowing full well that these african airlines survive on the smell of an oil rag and dont have 2 cents to rub together. No, he is going after the big bucks - the plane's manufacturer. The truth is that these african airlines dont maintain their planes properly, if at all. Getting onto one of them is a gamble with your life. That is why the vast majority of them are not allowed into European airspace, and, if history is followed, with good reason. I think it's high time that American courts impose a fine on opportunistic lawsuits, they are a waste of taxpayers money and the courts time.

A bit quick off the mark isn't he? This individual's obviously leapt on the chance of a few bucks - even before the dust has settled! What about leaving a decent and respectable amount of time Mr. Allison?

This Mr. Allison - with the strange middle name (unless someone's keyboard stuck!) - has to be American or has spent time there. Only there would anyone consider 'suing' everyone in sight over something like this. Accidents happen for God's sake! If you don't want to risk an air crash, don't get on a plane! At least leave things for a decent time afterwards.

His wife is not buried as yet but he could submit a 56 page complaint to satisfy his greed. he should get $1.00

That lawyer probably called all the families of the 153 who died... and then did the best they could to convince them to sue. This guy was probably the only one who bit.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2012
texazzpete: All those American worshippers, see comments posted on CNN

With all due respect to this african's loss, he has obviilsy being swayed by a sleezy US lawyer. Notice how he is not sueing the african airline knowing full well that these african airlines survive on the smell of an oil rag and dont have 2 cents to rub together. No, he is going after the big bucks - the plane's manufacturer. The truth is that these african airlines dont maintain their planes properly, if at all. Getting onto one of them is a gamble with your life. That is why the vast majority of them are not allowed into European airspace, and, if history is followed, with good reason. I think it's high time that American courts impose a fine on opportunistic lawsuits, they are a waste of taxpayers money and the courts time.

A bit quick off the mark isn't he? This individual's obviously leapt on the chance of a few bucks - even before the dust has settled! What about leaving a decent and respectable amount of time Mr. Allison?

This Mr. Allison -
with the strange middle name (unless someone's keyboard stuck!) - has to be American or has spent time there. Only there would anyone consider 'suing' everyone in sight over something like this. Accidents happen for God's sake! If you don't want to risk an air crash, don't get on a plane! At least leave things for a decent time afterwards.

His wife is not buried as yet but he could submit a 56 page complaint to satisfy his greed. he should get $1.00

That lawyer probably called all the families of the 153 who died... and then did the best they could to convince them to sue. This guy was probably the only one who bit.

CHAIII!!!!
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by livapul86(m): 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2012
@Reasonable posters: Please IGNORE Texazzpete. He is a miserable Troll who comes to Nairaland just to make himself feel intelligent.
I won't have even bothered calling you out, if not that you decided to expose your frustrated self by labelling a Man in grieve a 'greedy bastard'. A man trying to come to terms with the unfortunate and avoidable death of his wife. Texazzpete may you not fall victim to an unfortunate accident and in your quest to seek Answers, you're called a Greedy bastard.

1 Like

Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Kobojunkie: 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2012
texazzpete:

That one scare me . . . Body never even enter ground, been less than a week and already a lawsuit here in the US? Almost as if someone dey prepare for this to happen or something. I mean this is just earlier Friday morning and the thing happen Sunday evening. How far?
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 08, 2012
Makes me wonder if she had life insurance and how much he gets.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by bodex205: 1:43pm On Jun 08, 2012
BlackPikiN:

You are terribly sick. You f0rking f00l!
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Olaolufred(m): 1:52pm On Jun 08, 2012
Whatever a man wants to pursue in life requires planing.
If Allison knows He is in pain for now, He is not supposed to act yet.
He makes it look like he,s been preparing for it before sunday.
While I feel his pain, He is probably shooting the wrong target.
This Plane is probably a 3rd or 4th-Hand plane.
Everything in life is designed to work optimally for a duration.
Everything Electro-mechanical made by human intellectuals requires maintainance.
If the Manufactural's maintainance schedule is not adhered to, how do you hold them responsible?
The problem of incessant plane crashes in Nigeria is born out of our corruption and lack of value for human life.
We will surely know the real truth when time comes.
He could withdraw the case and face the right target.
Though I still feel for him.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Chinom(m): 2:23pm On Jun 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Wow . . . we are already comparing this to that McDonald case? You may want to call home to get facts on how this is no where close to the McDonalds case. undecided undecided undecided

It's not a comparison, but a reference to the American justice system. I'm sure that unlike your fellow demented friend "Texazzpete "you understand the difference. That m-or-on has stayed in the US for too long.Otherwise, he would not make st-upi-d statements like "We have AMBULANCE CHASERS in Nigeria too. To which court or judge in Nigeria would you sue Tantalizers for serving you hot rice that burnt your mouth.No lawyer of judge will entertain such a case. Rice like Coffie is supposed to be hot. I do not need to get any new facts on the McDonald case. The case is and was absurd that's why it made headlines. That little,dumb and insecure fellow called Texazshit thinks he sounds intelligent by making silly insinuations like "The lawyer called all 153 families....." Has it ever occured to you that CHUKWUNONSO( i know that's what drives you insane) has the right to go to court irrespective of whether you think it's morally right or not.
Yes, he had to sue in the USA,because America is a land of absurdites. We should all wait to see what the outcome of the case would be.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Jun 08, 2012
Chinom:

It's not a comparison, but a reference to the American justice system. I'm sure that unlike your fellow demented friend "Texazzpete "you understand the difference. That m-or-on has stayed in the US for too long.

While that case does not represent the American Justice system, as you pretend, I don't see why anyone would want to bring that particular case up here.

Chinom:
Otherwise, he would not make st-upi-d statements like "We have AMBULANCE CHASERS in Nigeria too. To which court or judge in Nigeria would you sue Tantalizers for serving you hot rice that burnt your mouth.No lawyer of judge will entertain such a case.
Sorry, I believe @Texazzpete happens to live right there in Nigeria where the crash happened, and made more sense than you have so far on this. America is not land of free-for-all. The McDonalds case has not been DUPLICATED since it happened.

While there have been so many plane crashes over the years in Boeing aircrafts, Not a lot of people have ever successful sued Boeing for those crashes. I am in Chicago and I know how well respected here Boeing is. It is not your McDonalds and is definitely not some customer-focused company like McDonalds that an individual would assume he/she can successfully the giant for a plane crash somewhere half way around the world, Africa. LOL

Chinom:
Rice like Coffie is supposed to be hot. I do not need to get any new facts on the McDonald case. The case is and was absurd that's why it made headlines.

Now the root of the problem is revealed. Before you lift a case, at least spend some time making sure you understand what really happened. There was a documentary made on this particular case to help educate people on what happened.

Here are some links to what really happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2ktM-lIfeQ

Sorry, Coffee, back then, at McDonalds was kept between 180 and 190 degrees. Your rice, that you cook on your stove, only gets that hot when you really really really presure cook it, and most people do not do that at home. Even your microwave oven at home rarely ever gets rice that hot. Coffee made at home, hot, is still at about 130 degrees. This woman got serious third degree burns from coffee that was about 180 degrees. If you do not understand how terrible that could be, at least start by watching a couple of videos to learn what really happened.

I doubt if your mother came back home with those kind of burns on her, you would consider it absurd to sue. But then, it is Ok for people to make such conclusions from afar, right?

Chinom:
That little,dumb and insecure fellow called Texazshit thinks he sounds intelligent by making silly insinuations like "The lawyer called all 153 families....." Has it ever occured to you that CHUKWUNONSO( i know that's what drives you insane) has the right to go to court irrespective of whether you think it's morally right or not.
Yes, he had to sue in the USA,because America is a land of absurdites. We should all wait to see what the outcome of the case would be.

Honestly, now that I realize where you argument is coming from, I don't even want to continue engaging you on this. lol
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by armadeo(m): 3:06pm On Jun 08, 2012
niddamugu: Senseless case....... Stupid man! He should go and mourn his wife. Let him put it this way - He buys a 2000 model Japanese tokunbo car here in nigeria and the car failed brakes and killed all the passengers in the car. A victim's husband decides to sue the Japanese company because the car was manufactured there.....

Real stupidity at work here. is 16m not enough for him ?.....

thank you very much exactly my first thoughts. Why don't we go ahead and sue Toyota Mercedes volvo and Honda for the various accidents involving their vehicles over 20yrs. Some people are really dumb. Anyhow i sympathise with the dude. God give him fortitude to bear his loss.

1 Like

Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by sadi78: 3:36pm On Jun 08, 2012
werepeLeri:

She gave Dana their flying license or she recruited engineers for Dana or she flew the plane or why exactly are you asking her to resign? She caused the crash? She failed to make the engines work? She failed to prevent the accident?

Please let us know how you think.
I think you don't know the function of Minister! She as a head of Aviation ministry is responsible of making sure that every sector of her ministry is perfect with right people at a right position!
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by DExplorer1: 3:49pm On Jun 08, 2012
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by DExplorer1: 3:57pm On Jun 08, 2012
nomshu: Na money the guy dey look for, people wey done die what is the need! If any one knows this guy pls advice him to withdraw the case cos na disgrace. May the departed souls rest in peace

Another ediot. How come people like you have access to the internet.

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by drnoel: 4:14pm On Jun 08, 2012
Isaactop9: Ibo and money. Instead of mourning his wife who died he is looking for case to hammer cheesy he for sue GEJ than suing ppl that manufactured the plane long tym ago.

u silly fool, did he not consult an american law firm. IF the law firm thought the case was not sueable they would not have taken it to court.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by boxerss: 5:59pm On Jun 08, 2012
He should go and blame Toyota or Honda for the lives their products take on our roads on daily bases..RUBBISH!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Meets Obi Of Awka As Part Of His Campaign Rally (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Youth Step Out To Secure State Assembly / Twitter Restores, Verifies Osinbajo’s Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.