Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. (19697 Views)

I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives / Patience Jonathan In Oyo: If Buhari Wins, APC Will Jail Me / Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by acidtalk: 10:11pm On Jun 09, 2012
It might be hard to believe because we are not as Truthful and Honest as one another.

Over the years i have known that even if Nigerians drink up the entire ocean and chew up the forest world over out of hunger and thirst from continuous prayers to God to make this nation a better place, such a prayer cant be answered by God.

The problem of Nigeria is caused by you and i. or how else will you explain when people will rather close their eyes to the truth because the person involved in the crime is their towns man or fellow religious brother.

As a nation we cant just keep living this way.

I lost one of my best friends while in school because as SUG members i totally didnt support corruption. Lecturers were against me, but eventually i didnt just win the support of majority but also left office with a clear conscience.

If i can fight for justice then, then i see why i wont still fight for justice and equity now.

I am not a Saint or a perfect being. but i have a conscience and FEAR GOD.

Lets all start fearing God as one day, just one day, we will surely account for all our deeds right here on earth.

will you also jail your father if you find him guilty of theft? or will you rather rope an innocent person to cover up for his crime?

19 Likes

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by 080ictcom(f): 10:30pm On Jun 09, 2012
and what if he steal inside jail? based on ur subject. we all are criminals, if you are there you will do the same thing. politics is not a church and even in the church, criminal are there

1 Like

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by icez: 10:31pm On Jun 09, 2012
080ict.com:
and what if he steal inside jail? based on ur subject. we all are criminals, if you are there you will do the same thing. politics is not a church and even in the church, criminal are there

grin grin grin grin
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by philip0906(m): 10:33pm On Jun 09, 2012
080ict.com:
grin grin
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by acidtalk: 11:17pm On Jun 09, 2012
080ict.com:

If he steals inside the Jail, then I will seclude him.

Let's drop this mentality that 'you will do the same when you get there'. Yes I might be tempted to do such, but if I remember the nemesis that will come thereafter, I most definitely won't steal a penny.

Have a stopped for one second and find out why the developed countries are FAR AHEAD

It is because there's ZERO tolerance to Corruption and Bribery. Anybody irrespective of status or office found guilty is always brought to the open.

With the kind of mentality we have in this country today amongst our youths, I doubt if a penny will be left in our National Treasury in10years time.

5 Likes

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Odunnu: 12:35am On Jun 10, 2012
080ict.com:
This mindset is what is killing us. You cant change Nigeria if you are not changed. If my father steals, I will jail him if that is the punishment for his actions.

5 Likes

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by acidtalk: 1:04am On Jun 10, 2012
Odunnu:
This mindset is what is killing us. You cant change Nigeria if you are not changed. If my father steals, I will jail him if that is the punishment for his actions.

Thanks dear, at least it shows we still have people that put the Fear of God above unnecessary sentiments in decision making.

How many people can say this same statement on this forum?

I believe less than 10 people out of the over 900,000 members will really agree to jail their fathers if caught in any form of corruption case.

1 Like

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Nobody: 1:04am On Jun 10, 2012
Lets jail Farouk first

1 Like

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by PapaBrowne(m): 1:15am On Jun 10, 2012
I'm human. If my father steals, I will do all I can to protect him. But I will also resign my position to maintain the sanctity of the institution.
There is law and there is love. For me, love supercedes the law.

Would I jail my uncle if he steals, I probably would. And my cousins. Probably yes too. But my Father, Mother Brothers and Sisters, Never! I will protect them with my last drop of blood.

Same way America would hardly ever allow its citizens be tried in another country under another persons law.

But I get your point though. We need to start standing up for the truth and fix the rot within ourselves first before we have the morality to tackle the rot in the Government.

7 Likes

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by acidtalk: 1:18am On Jun 10, 2012
Billyonaire: Lets jail Farouk first

We will jail him and give GEJ the keys to swallow.

For crying out loud. Who they fu*ck is Farouk Lawan? A common Election rigger that rigged his way into NASS and then was forming kingkong only to sneak behind like the traitor your boss (GEJ) is to go and take bribe of $600,000.

Who deserved to be thrown into life time jail if not Farouk Lawan leading the queue with Jonathan following behind?

1 Like

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by acidtalk: 1:22am On Jun 10, 2012
PapaBrowne: I'm human. If my father steals, I will do all I can to protect him. But I will also resign my position to maintain the sanctity of the institution.
There is law and there is love. For me, love supercedes the law.

Would I jail my uncle if he steals, I probably would. And my cousins. Probably yes too. But my Father, Mother Brothers and Sisters, Never! I will protect them with my last drop of blood.

Same way America would hardly ever allow its citizens be tried in another country under another persons law.

But I get your point though. We need to start standing up for the truth and fix the rot within ourselves first before we have the morality to tackle the rot in the Government.

I really respect your honesty and sincerity here.

For the fact that you will resign even though you protected your father clearly shows you admit he is a criminal and was at fault for the love you have for him won't make you watch him go to jail.

If I send mine to jail, the entire nation will SIT UP and wakeup to the fact that it is not business as usual.

Corruption will automatically reduce to up to 70%

1 Like

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by 080ictcom(f): 6:51am On Jun 10, 2012
acidtalk:

Thanks dear, at least it shows we still have people that put the Fear of God above unnecessary sentiments in decision making.

How many people can say this same statement on this forum?

I believe less than 10 people out of the over 900,000 members will really agree to jail their fathers if caught in any form of corruption case.
i have read meanings in you post but i will advice you to use another country where they partice partical christianity not in Nigeria my acid. the best way to catch criminals is to make one them head of defence minister so need to think twice. Nigerian politics is not for pastors or God fearing people.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Murphy7h4: 8:07am On Jun 10, 2012
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by acidtalk: 8:46am On Jun 10, 2012
080ict.com:
i have read meanings in you post but i will advice you to use another country where they partice partical christianity not in Nigeria my acid. the best way to catch criminals is to make one them head of defence minister so need to think twice. Nigerian politics is not for pastors or God fearing people.

But these are the same set of politicians that will occupy the first two roles of churches and mosques to pray claiming they are praying heabily for Nigeria.

Who will change this country for the better? 'Cus it appears these so called God fearing men only fear being broke one day and as such steal the whole money in the country's treasury.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by acidtalk: 8:47am On Jun 10, 2012
Murphy7h4: [img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]look good

What looks good if I may ask?
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Alxmyr(m): 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2012
First your father is not in position that he will steal people's money. Or is he a politician?
Second, you are not court. Its only court that can jail anyone.
So therefore, your post and your argument is baseless and needless.

Another reason why Nairaland need to be cleanse of these jobless thread posters.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by dare2think: 7:12pm On Jun 10, 2012
Acidtalk,

What if the thief is a charlatan like oyedepo or Chris oyakilome or any other self-proclaimed man-of-God,

Would you still jail them?
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by drzed: 7:19pm On Jun 10, 2012
acidtalk: The problem of Nigeria is caused by you and i. or how else will you explain when people will rather close their eyes to the truth because the person involved in the crime is their towns man or fellow religious brother.

Odunnu:

God bless both of you (x 10^9).

It is comments like this that give me HOPE that all is not lost for Nigeria and its people.

In my estimation, most/many Nigerians have no right to ask for (or expect) good leadership or good governance because a lot of us will sacrifice the truth on the alter of tribe or religion or just out of sheer greed. In other words, many of us (specifically fellow youths) are not primed for leadership, thats why when we get there (e.g. Bankole) we mess up big time.

Changing Nigeria starts from you and I. If you have lost someone close to you, you will realise that when we die, all that matters is our name and the memories we left for others to ponder upon. In that regards, I thank God that no one will take his wealth anywhere. We shall ALL die and be held accountable. Take it or leave it.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by monkeyleg: 7:25pm On Jun 10, 2012
@Acidtalk,

well done for coming out and stating your mind, I admire your honesty. there still a few good people from Nigeria. What I find absurd is those on here contradicting themselves. they cannot even be honest enough to accept that we have a terrible president, just because he is from the south. There is a very popular saying that "Above everything else to your ownself be true". You can come on here and lie to people, but please tell yourselves the truth. That simple common sense principle, Nigerians do not have

Just like you, i see the truth and say the truth.

2 Likes

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 10, 2012
If my father steal, I will put him on house arrest, in a lofty mansion with beautiful chics grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Under Probe For €3.6m Vehicles Deal / Gabriel Nkanang Dies: Governor Udom Emmanuel's Father Is Dead / Never Seen Pictures Of Ojukwu's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.