Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,830 members, 7,844,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. (19714 Views)

I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives / Patience Jonathan In Oyo: If Buhari Wins, APC Will Jail Me / Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 10, 2012
PapaBrowne: I'm human. If my father steals, I will do all I can to protect him. But I will also resign my position to maintain the sanctity of the institution.
There is law and there is love. For me, love supercedes the law.

Would I jail my uncle if he steals, I probably would. And my cousins. Probably yes too. But my Father, Mother Brothers and Sisters, Never! I will protect them with my last drop of blood.

Same way America would hardly ever allow its citizens be tried in another country under another persons law.

But I get your point though. We need to start standing up for the truth and fix the rot within ourselves first before we have the morality to tackle the rot in the Government.
my point exactly bro...i will never jail him
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by SNCOQ3(m): 11:52pm On Jun 10, 2012
When you admit your vice - you're honest. When you allude to your virtues while expressing your views - you're a hypocrite(even when your accusers have no proof of your wrongdoing)

Nobody is perfect. But we're not all morally bankrupt. When it comes to question of morality, courage, uprightness; We should speak for ourselves.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Arap: 11:56pm On Jun 10, 2012
I can jail my dad. Yes! Theoretically but practically impossible
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by acidtalk: 11:57pm On Jun 10, 2012
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:

Any idiot can answer "yes i wil hang my father" to dis. But point is dat talk is really paltry n readily available.
Question is, wat decisions hv u taken all ur life dat has similarity wit d topic? So wen u blab "i can jail my father" back it up.
D poster has really shown himself to be a FUTURE PEST AND CANCER to dis country by his vile n kindergaten reactions to some posts here. Nice thread, but it shouldnt hav originated frm a tribal worm like him.
If i am to say, the thread should hv been, " WILL YOU HAVE THE GUT TO BRING TO BOOK OUR PAST THIEVING LEADERS?"
By dis i mean, evryone who has been in power(and involved in looting) since 1960.
Cos if those guys aint jailed, d current n future leaders wil neva c any harm in looting.
Dats d only way to go in anti-corruption

I might have fought back by replying some certain people which didn't go down well with some members so I will say, I AM SORRY!!!

Some people just come out to frustrate you by posting jagons so that they can derail your thread. That was exactly what was done. He basiacally followed me and attack me on 3 threads before I finally spat back.

Like I will always say, I am not a perfect being but I have a conscience and always want to go to bed each night with a clear mind because I just might not be alive to see another day break.

People thought the Police force can never stop taking bribe, but when this new IG (acting) implemented the ban, didn't the bribe taking reduce to the bearest minimum?

The thing is let's be honest and upright, no type of change is impossible to make.

Once greed and wastefulness is eradicted, Corruption will be totally wiped out from our society.

1 Like

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by MissEZ(f): 12:26am On Jun 11, 2012
@ OP well said. I have always said that Nigerians are part part of the problem. If we as individuals will show zero tolerance for wrong doing, we would solve our own problems. We really do need a reorientation where things are done following due process and the law and not sentiments. I also have great respect for those who admitted that doing the right thing is hard when the perpetrator is a family member and would rather resign. Let us try to be upright in our dealing with others. If integrity is not a policy we practice in our personal lives, it wont be any different when we get to public office.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Ozonna(m): 12:33am On Jun 11, 2012
Jail my Dad? NEVER!!! Remember that after 8yrs(9ja standard) I'll go back home,how will my immediate family receive me? My mother will be visiting my Dad @ d prison evry visiting day. Then he may now die in prison. Infact,my Umunna (Kinsmen)will disown me. I may end up being alone for the rest of my life.We shouldn't forget that once a politician leaves office,his friends abandons him immediately making him to fall back on his immediate family and kinsmen.

I'll rather ask God for Forgiveness,ask electorates to forgive me,resign and kindly rush back to the warm embrace of my Family,Umunnam and wellwishers. If you do this, Nigerians will adore you more than the way South Africans adore Mandela

1 Like

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Beaf: 1:10am On Jun 11, 2012
acidtalk:

I might have fought back by replying some certain people which didn't go down well with some members so I will say, I AM SORRY!!!

Some people just come out to frustrate you by posting jagons so that they can derail your thread. That was exactly what was done. He basiacally followed me and attack me on 3 threads before I finally spat back.

Like I will always say, I am not a perfect being but I have a conscience and always want to go to bed each night with a clear mind because I just might not be alive to see another day break.

People thought the Police force can never stop taking bribe, but when this new IG (acting) implemented the ban, didn't the bribe taking reduce to the bearest minimum?

The thing is let's be honest and upright, no type of change is impossible to make.

Once greed and wastefulness is eradicted, Corruption will be totally wiped out from our society.

Crap. You are a liar and hypocrite like Farouk Lawan.
One of the people you insulted with gutter language happens to be a woman; its quite obvious that you have the morality of a housefly. Such a person could even be a wife-beater, yet you created this hypocritical thread, To deceive who?
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Beaf: 1:16am On Jun 11, 2012
Oluwa4Sure:

LOLLLLLLL!!!!

Bros don't be so shallow minded, saying things are easier than doing them!!!!

Why will he want to send his father to jail in the first place? When he is the head of theives grin grin grin

Word. cool
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by AnotherOkija: 3:09am On Jun 11, 2012
If my father steals, I will personally help him cover his tracks and launder the money..

Why should my father be the scape goat!! Na him first start to thief?! angry
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by acidtalk: 3:55am On Jun 11, 2012
Beaf:

Crap. You are a liar and hypocrite like Farouk Lawan.
One of the people you insulted with gutter language happens to be a woman; its quite obvious that you have the morality of a housefly. Such a person could even be a wife-beater, yet you created this hypocritical thread, To deceive who?

Okay! I have agreed. Farouk Lawan is my father and I took after him with my lies .Now can you please crawl back to your cage?

People hadly notice the action before a reaction takes place. This is the same way he has been attacking my every post and when I fired back, some people then assumed I should be a 'saint' and not fire back. For crying out loud I am HUMAN and have blood flowing in me.

Why didn't you quote the exact words of the lady in question before i replied her. See man, I know you well, if it was you she told what she said to me, you would not only have gone crying to the moderators but also cried out your socket with complains.

I will try to ignore you henceforth but I just wanted you to know, no matter what thread or section of nairaland, I will take you down if I dare face you.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Beaf: 4:56am On Jun 11, 2012
acidtalk:

Okay! I have agreed. Farouk Lawan is my father and I took after him with my lies .Now can you please crawl back to your cage?

People hadly notice the action before a reaction takes place. This is the same way he has been attacking my every post and when I fired back, some people then assumed I should be a 'saint' and not fire back. For crying out loud I am HUMAN and have blood flowing in me.

Why didn't you quote the exact words of the lady in question before i replied her. See man, I know you well, if it was you she told what she said to me, you would not only have gone crying to the moderators but also cried out your socket with complains.

I will try to ignore you henceforth but I just wanted you to know, no matter what thread or section of nairaland, I will take you down if I dare face you.

Come dude, there is no need to tell lies. You were the first to start the attacking me, you even made up a very evil prayer for me to say amen to; which I did, since my hands are clean; but when I challenged you to say amen to your own prayer, you refused. Why can't you say amen to your own prayer if you are not a liar and swindler at best? Why, bro?

To make matters worse, you started this thread with the lie that your posts do not carry religious sentiment. I pointed out your "prayer" to you as evidence of the fact that you are a liar and a hypocrite. If you can lie at the drop of a hat and use gutter language on a woman, then this entire thread is a counterfeit produced by an immoral gutter being.

Are you not the same person that said my father was Lucifer? Were you a saint when you said that? Or maybe you have mental issues.
Now, you want to "jail your father."

Lying scum. Say amen to your own prayer if you dare, its right here:
https://www.nairaland.com/959606/farouk-lawan-subsidy-probe-committee/9#11065431
Anyway, I've said amen on your behalf.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by maasoap(m): 6:13am On Jun 11, 2012
It may not be my duty to jail him if he is alleged to have stolen money but surely, I'll let justice take its course. And again, I have no unreasonable desire for material wealth. It really irritates me when people steal in hundreds of millions of naira or in billion because, it is of no use to them. All what we need in this life is to live well and you know what I mean by that.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by maasoap(m): 6:23am On Jun 11, 2012
Another Okija: If my father steals, I will personally help him cover his tracks and launder the money..

Why should my father be the scape goat!! Na him first start to thief?! angry
Probably you didn't understand the topic you're replying. Jailing your father as @poster implied may be at the begining of your tenure in office, middle, or towards the end. It may even be during your second tenure. It depends on when your father commits the crime in question. And by that time, you will have jailed a lots of people already.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by coolestboy(m): 6:44am On Jun 11, 2012
Y would i jail my father? An innocent soul will neva pay 4 what he has not bought. But i need to protect and fight for father an immediate family members irregardless of the offence. If i jail him my son will also jail me.

1 Like

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by gtrust: 6:58am On Jun 11, 2012
You cannot jail your dad because your dad will appeal for UNFAIR TRIAL!
The sentence will be invalid.

If you are the judge and your father is docked then you have to step aside and let someone else
judge the case in a fair way according to the law.
You can assist your siblings in defence though but not judge or jury!

Even doctors do not treat their siblings.
Thet only intervene in emergencies.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 11, 2012
bookface:

I wonder if any of you blithering hypocrites have ever circumvented the system. Ever asked some Uncle or family member for connections? Ever jumped the queue cos you knew the duty officer at the petrol station during a fuel crisis? Ever paid Police "some change" to let you free when you forgot your driver's license at home? Have your parents ever paid their workers below the minimum wage?

You all act like there's some straight up line, if you must come to equity, you must come with clean hands.

Once you lose your position of Authority at some point and the world comes for your [i]a[/i]rse, the family you jailed will be happy to see you hanged for being a basta[i]r[/i]d who thinks it's his responsibility to save the world from evil.
why re some of u sounding as if everyone re d same, wat u chose 2 do is nt wat i choose 2 do, different ppl different opinion. if ur right hand wil take u 2 hell, cut it off, wat is worth doing is worth doing well.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Remmyode(m): 7:35am On Jun 11, 2012
acidtalk:

We will jail him and give GEJ the keys to swallow.

For crying out loud. Who they fu*ck is Farouk Lawan? A common Election rigger that rigged his way into NASS and then was forming kingkong only to sneak behind like the traitor your boss (GEJ) is to go and take bribe of $600,000.

Who deserved to be thrown into life time jail if not Farouk Lawan leading the queue with Jonathan following behind?

You can't blame Farouk Lawan with the situation on ground cos GEJ wants it that way. I'm not a fan of Farouk but he did his best to expose the Cabal and that's a lot of credit. If we all remember vividly during the probe he has raised so many alarms about his life and offer for bribe as quoted bellow,

The general public is hereby reminded that during and after the investigations, we have severally raised alarm on pressures on us from different quarters. In particular, I wish to refer to the front page publication in the Leadership Weekend newspaper of 28th, April, 2012 captioned “Marketers offered subsidy committee plane-load of dollars” where we alerted the public that a marketer promised to fly in a jet loaded with US dollars which he “intended to share to both the House leadership and members of the Adhoc Committee” to influence the outcome of the report.

“The clarification is necessary in order to clear all the insinuations being bandied about and more importantly to enable government concentrate on the implementation of the report.
“The present mudslinging is not unexpected in view of the calibre of people whose actions or inactions were found wanting in the report. I am aware that in their desperation to discredit the report and divert the attention of the public from the real issues of large scale fraud in high places established in our report, a video footage displaying a caricature of my person allegedly having a dealing with a marketer reminiscent of military era when dignitaries were invited to the Villa to watch video clip of phantom coup involving Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, is already in circulation.

I wish to assure all Nigerians that the sanctity of our report remains unassailable and it will be in the best interest of the country if the relevant authorities faithfully and consciously implement the resolutions of the House.

My Opinion
Farouk Lawan has done the most honourable thing an average Nigerian can't do, if the GEJ Presidency has reacted promptly to the probe and all cabal indicted has bin sanction or punished Otedola will not have time to be running after Reps member with $3million. Farouk Lawan to me is still a saint even if he collected the bribe because someone else will collect it and the probe will still be swept under the carpet as it is because the Presidency wanted it swept away. The EXECUTIVE is the main problem of this nation.

1 Like

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by TheDefender: 7:46am On Jun 11, 2012
Arap: I can jail my dad. Yes! Theoretically but practically impossible
hahaha. That is the issue of majority in this forum saying they can jail their father. Thereotically and not practically. Well, l can't blame them much,maybe their father treated them like goats when they were young and now seeking revenge.

1 Like

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by otondo55: 7:48am On Jun 11, 2012
A friend of mine from Kenya always ask me whats wrong with Nigerians. When a person is doing well, he is a Nigerian. when wrong he is an igala,ibilo or edo man.

A mall is burning, what they were busy discussing is how to loot the place and so many other issues of how to amass wealth quickly.

I told him, Nigerians are never the same. some, its attitude problem.
some, ignorance. some, illiteracy.

And he said, you are different. are you sure u are a Nigerian ? for sure i am. so are many Nigerians asked.

How can we be calling on God for help without helping ourselves ? Mind set must change for Nigeria to move forward.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by drogs(m): 7:49am On Jun 11, 2012
acidtalk: It might be hard to believe because we are not as Truthful and Honest as one another.

Over the years i have known that even if Nigerians drink up the entire ocean and chew up the forest world over out of hunger and thirst from continuous prayers to God to make this nation a better place, such a prayer cant be answered by God.

The problem of Nigeria is caused by you and i. or how else will you explain when people will rather close their eyes to the truth because the person involved in the crime is their towns man or fellow religious brother.

As a nation we cant just keep living this way.

I lost one of my best friends while in school because as SUG members i totally didnt support corruption. Lecturers were against me, but eventually i didnt just win the support of majority but also left office with a clear conscience.

If i can fight for justice then, then i see why i wont still fight for justice and equity now.

I am not a Saint or a perfect being. but i have a conscience and FEAR GOD.

Lets all start fearing God as one day, just one day, we will surely account for all our deeds right here on earth.

will you also jail your father if you find him guilty of theft? or will you rather rope an innocent person to cover up for his crime?
. Hw on earth will I jail my father? Oh!! So dat he will now be dem babangida and co scape goat? Naah!! Dat will not happen, I will protect him wif all av got even if it requires my resignation. Or is he the first person to steal public funds. Wen OBJ dey der, Ω̴̩̩̩̥α me go kon jail my papa
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by owobokiri(m): 8:09am On Jun 11, 2012
He steals and he is doing the time even if he is my twin brother. . And nobody here knows me so i cant be playing to the gallery! VERY SERIOUS! Like the op said, it is about following the rules! I have done so in my private businesses. I mean i sent my a sibling who is qualified for the job packing once i noticed he was mixing up things. If my dad fails the test, he is going to face the full force of the hammer and i hope he wont grumble much since i learnt zero tolorance for corruption from him. He is going to get one benefit though; the forwarning!
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by babsmii(m): 8:24am On Jun 11, 2012
Alxmyr: First your father is not in position that he will steal people's money. Or is he a politician?
Second, you are not court. Its only court that can jail anyone.
So therefore, your post and your argument is baseless and needless.

Another reason why Nairaland need to be cleanse of these jobless thread posters.

ur sense of assumption is dead... he's saying this.... "IF"... ode
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 11, 2012
Acidtalk no come here come dey form Pastor.

Na today we don dey hear "If I become the President...bla bla bla"...?

Guy, if you or your father enter that office and una see say una fit steal with impunity and no institution in place wey fit bring una to book... Omo! Na chain-saw una go take slice una own share of the national cake...

Oyibo no dey thief like us when dem enter position, not because dem no be thieves, but because many eyes dey watch and regulate their institutions...these na credible institutions because the masses dey monitor the activities of these institutions and any kparam! their institutions no need directives from Presido or Prime Minister to arrest and investigate or not.

If EFCC and ICPC dey work, the Police dey do their work, and the judicial system no dey look person face, you no need tell yourself or your Papa not to thief...Na ur body go tell you by the time them take you to jail.

Every Nigerian get a percentage of corruption in him or her...just because regulatory institutions no dey work...

From Security Man for Bank or Eatery wey go hail you "Master" because eem want egunje to the man wey dey Aba and Onitsha dey role out fake drugs to even that Civil Servant wey want you to tender something before eem sign your document to the lecturer wey go give you "F" cos you no pay or nyash am, to the Bank Executive wey go turn their marketers to Ashawos because of target, to that Oga for office wey no go employ people on merit...endless faces of corruption

Yet we all go dey quick to shout Jonathan, Jonathan....Jonathan!

Guy check urself thoroughly, you are corrupt in one way or the other...no blame urself though, blame the ailing institutions...EFCC, ICPC, the Police and the Judiciary...
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Canisma(m): 9:00am On Jun 11, 2012
This poster must have come from a broken home. He surely lacks fatherly love and would do everything within his power to get back at his father.
First of all, he is senseless to have used his father (the god that he sees) to prove how righteous he can be.
Only an ingrate and an ungrateful son would insult his father this way.
Blood Is Thicker Than Water.
Only a foolish son would wash his father's dirty linens outside.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by sammyj: 9:01am On Jun 11, 2012
The so Called developed countries [/b]especially the euorpeans countries, according to the research conducted in europ attributed corruption as the basis of thier current predicament (recession) they are currently facing.
Mind you I am not saying this to justify corruption for the developing ones like [b]Nigeria!
, but the bitter truth is just that we should not compare Nigeria will the so called develop countries and find a way to address this cancer called corruption in Nigeria.

Thanks.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 11, 2012
All of una wey dey here dey wag una buchal cavity..."I will jail my father..." , "I will let justice bla bla bla"...

If una papa see the first looted hundred million naira...na still una go advise am to go become the:

The Kabiyesi of Ipaja land
or
The Anukporonkwu Neju Onu 1 of Ekwulobia
or
The Zarkin Kari of Borno
or even
The Tumbolomnowei of Obolomabiri

Make I hear word jor!
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by freesoul3(f): 9:13am On Jun 11, 2012
all of them be tief
na lie!
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Goldieluks: 9:42am On Jun 11, 2012
Well if my fathers steals, i will send him to the village for 6 months, that's it.... cheesy
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by IDERAWOLE(m): 10:12am On Jun 11, 2012
The beauty of FORA (FORUMS) like NAIRALAND is that it affords opinions as diverse as they may be; but sometimes you wonder if the so-called masses in this nation should be pitied and helped to get good life when you hear their views on wiping out corruption in the land.

Thank you acidtalk and all the people that believes in your view. Those who thinks that in Nigeria nothing good can happen should honestly be pitied. They are warped in their minds and even God can hardly help them.

When your rogue father knows that you will jail anybody that steals Govt money; he would rather relocate out of the country or keep his hands off the treasury till you leave office.

For those that are too young to know; do your research about this family and see why the son defeated the father in an election in this nation and may be some sense will begin to happen to Nigerians. Find out about the IKOKU'S family. How S.G IKOKU defeated his father in an election.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 11, 2012
IDERAWOLE: The beauty of FORA (FORUMS) like NAIRALAND is that it affords opinions as diverse as they may be; but sometimes you wonder if the so-called masses in this nation should be pitied and helped to get good life when you hear their views on wiping out corruption in the land.

Thank you acidtalk and all the people that believes in your view. Those who thinks that in Nigeria nothing good can happen should honestly be pitied. They are warped in their minds and even God can hardly help them.

When your rogue father knows that you will jail anybody that steals Govt money; he would rather relocate out of the country or keep his hands off the treasury till you leave office.

For those that are too young to know; do your research about this family and see why the son defeated the father in an election in this nation and may be some sense will begin to happen to Nigerians. Find out about the IKOKU'S family. How S.G IKOKU defeated his father in an election.
tell dem, dey tot every1 re d same. Is just like a child who ve bn faithful n obedient 2 God, but ond day u commit sin God will turn against u or go 2 hell as d case mayb, so u wil say because God is our Father n we d righteous re his children He will pardon us wen we knw wat d laws re.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by edicolove: 10:51am On Jun 11, 2012
It is not true that in America and europe, people will jail their parents or that they have zero tolerance for corruption. There are many false info that are being peddled around, especially in fora like these. Europe and America is full of criminals. Crime rate is increasing by the day. Corruption brought down wall street and plunged the world into a recession. It was corruption of oyibos, not Nigerians. Sometimes I wish sociology and hisory are thaught in schools as a compulsory course. There is so much ignorance when people discuss this topic. Italy is totally ruled by the mafia. Now their football has just had another hit just after 4 years of coming out of one corruption scandal. Eufa is investigating about 4 countries of match fixing. Europian officials are the ones protecting Sepp Blatter from prosecution. He is a corrupt f00l.

I could go on and on. Brazil is about the 7 biggest economy in the world and they are almost as corrupt as Naija. My point is very simple. When it comes to the prosperity and development of nations, there are many factors involved. And like I have always maintained in this forum, corruption is not the biggest factor. Corruption itself is a result of much more fundamental factors like Oneness/Unity, visionary people and leaders(and I don't mean elected leaders. Indira ghandi and Enstein were not elected by anyone), good value system and idolatory.(Idolatory is basically the worship of material things including money). When you have these fundamental issues in any society, no matter who becomes the president, things will not improve.

We need something very drastic to turn this country around.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

National Officers Ask Metuh, Secondus To Step Down / Why Buhari Is Seen To Be Underperforming, His Govt Is Hijacked - Lawal Idris / February Polls: If I Lose, It Won’t Be First Time – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.