Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever (18197 Views)

Poll: Best web hosting company for Nigeria?

Trudigits (www.trudigits.com): 34% (15 votes)
Syskay (www.syskay.com): 27% (12 votes)
Whogohost (www.whogohost.com): 23% (10 votes)
Web4africa (www.web4africa.com): 6% (3 votes)
havilah (www.havilahhost.info): 6% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Which Host Do You Prefer?

Foreign Hosting Company: 84% (11 votes)
Nigerian Hosting Company: 15% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! / Vbhostnet.com The Worst Host EVER / Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Nobody: 6:00am On Jun 12, 2012
soloqy:

Docigalo, bro, I responded to your post where you said that their web site design is solid, somehow implying that they did some great job themselves.Thats why I posted the link for you to see that they didnt.

Anyways, I just noticed you edited this post and added the Trudigits part which wasnt there earlier. When are you going to let go of the beef with Dual Core? grin

Am not a Trudigits client . I am a hostgator user but I know where this beef stems from and one would have thought that you have moved beyond it now. wink

He is not capable of improving and will likely die in ignorance at this rate
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Nobody: 6:09am On Jun 12, 2012
Please what do these pages do on clue webhost? I am just curious actually.

http://cluewebhost.com/vps.php
http://www.cluewebhost.com/status/

And i also wondered why they allow their folders to be browsable:
http://www.cluewebhost.com/images/

Mayhaps i am outdated
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Afam4eva(m): 7:59am On Jun 12, 2012
I've read reviews of web hosting companies in Nigeria and I conclude that most positive reviews have been for Syskay and Trudigits. Others should just work towards taking these two to the cleaners rather than beef.

1 Like

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by doncigalo: 8:12am On Jun 12, 2012
@dafthtml My clients & work beg to differ. Howz .net coming along ? You said the upgrade or facelift would have been done lastfriday, till date nothing. Does your incompetence know no bounds !!
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Javanian: 8:15am On Jun 12, 2012
@Dual core does trudigits do JSP hosting??
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by DualCore1: 8:35am On Jun 12, 2012
Javanian: @Dual core does trudigits do JSP hosting??
At the moment this is not available. In the near future we are looking at extending services to cater to Coldfusion and Java.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Javanian: 9:25am On Jun 12, 2012
Dual Core:
At the moment this is not available. In the near future we are looking at extending services to cater to Coldfusion and Java.
ok...i hope it will be soon...i'll like to host with you guys...The reviews here are quite encouraging...

2 Likes

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by william5: 12:26pm On Jun 12, 2012
doncigalo: @dafthtml My clients & work beg to differ. Howz .net coming along ? You said the upgrade or facelift would have been done lastfriday, till date nothing. Does your incompetence know no bounds !!

angry You can call his attention to the delay without adding the word 'incompetence' there. Using the anonymity of the internet to insult people or pick fights isn't a very nice thing to do. angry

2 Likes

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 12, 2012
Adding lies to stoopidity is anoda dimension entirely. Pls quote where I said friday is when I wil do the update - except you don't know how to read also.
William, do not bother to educate him, he needs to boost his IQ, and I hav tried for him. But now, I have disregarded him as a webmaster - he is just a nuisance like the spam bot.

Back to the thread, I am glad many people respect trudigits (and syskay). I am not leaving trudigits anytime soon.

3 Likes

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by netesy(m): 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2012
trudigit for me am enjoying my stay with them
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by doncigalo: 11:07pm On Jun 12, 2012
@dafthtml I hope your getting your rent money from trudigits for all these marketing stunts you and your friend are pulling ? How come they are only two likes from every positive comment about trudigits ?

Think its time for the big boiz (WHOGOHOST) to come into this. Tomorrow should be a very interesting day on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by soloqy: 11:20pm On Jun 12, 2012
doncigalo: @dafthtml I hope your getting your rent money from trudigits for all these marketing stunts you and your friend are pulling ? How come they are only two likes from every positive comment about trudigits ?

Think its time for the big boiz (WHOGOHOST) to come into this. Tomorrow should be a very interesting day on this thread.

Do you own whogohost or do you work for them? Wetin?

1 Like

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by netghost: 12:30am On Jun 13, 2012
*clears throat* *drinks water*

i am currently hosting a couple of sites with trudigits and i plan to move my main site over there...customer service for trudigits used to quick and on point but for reasons best known to them, trudigits suddenly answers complaints at its own discretion. Uptime: will give it 85%(downtime only once).. another thing that bothers me about trudigits is the missing phone number on the contact page, but with all that said trudigits is highly recommended by me

Personally i might not know the best Nigerian web hosting company ever but i definitely know hosting companies i wont be using

1)if the company resells for godaddy avoid it like a plague..esp if you will be hosting an asp.net site
2)Syskay.com: uptime is quite good(though my asp.net site went down severally) but the customer care is trashy...poor technical knowledge and quite aggressive

@doncigalo you owe Dhtml an apology

1 Like

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by DualCore1: 4:43am On Jun 13, 2012
Thanks Netghost for the honest review. We will work on this. I don't know your account with TruDigits but I will recommend you use support tickets when making complaints as against sending mails to the support email. Some times some mails sent to support go to the spam box and may not be seen immediately.

Thanks again, the points you have raised have been noted.

1 Like

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 13, 2012
Na wa o, this thread is good value for my money. . . .i am glad i created this thread o! How come na only one 'person' (if we can call that a person), is shouting whogohost all over the thread?
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by doncigalo: 8:36am On Jun 13, 2012
@sology lets say I have a vested business interest with them cool

@dafthtml Im amazed that people dont know about WHOGOHOST, anyways thats about to change, cuz they are about to make their presence known on this forum

netghost: customer service for trudigits used to quick and on point but for reasons best known to them, trudigits suddenly answers complaints at its own discretion.....another thing that bothers me about trudigits is the missing phone number on the contact page

Thats the kind service you get from a one man company, who is out to exploit people !! 7,700 for 2GB (whereas whogohost 2,000 for 2GB) and you still get crappy customer service !
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 13, 2012
Trudigits is the way people, so many people cannot be lying about their services on this forum at the same time. . . . .the only beefers are those that are marketing for some other strange and possibly stooopid companies. I am glad so many people are showing their appreciation of trudigits.

I just placed 2 orders to trudigits this morning - it works like maggick.

1 Like

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by doncigalo: 9:01am On Jun 13, 2012
@datfhtml erm I take it that your blind as well as being stupid, since your a staff of trudigits (after initiall disclaiming that your not, why ?? are you ashamed of being associated with trudigits ??) please enlighten us about this post:

netghost: ...customer service for trudigits used to quick and on point but for reasons best known to them, trudigits suddenly answers complaints at its own discretion... another thing that bothers me about trudigits is the missing phone number on the contact page...
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by bigx(m): 9:37am On Jun 13, 2012
*dhtml:
Tired Of Nigerian Webhosts / My Best Web Host Ever (pls This Is Not An Advert)[b][/b]

Yeah people, enough sleeping on this board. Lets try to stir things up a bit.

I have used a lot of Nigerian hosts and foreign hosts as well. So now, i will now announce the best webhost I can recommend to Nigerian developers based on my own person experience.

And the webhost also have a great website to their name - www.trudigits.com - i will not say too much, you can check their website and start placing your orders - it works like maggick.

Now, you guys are free to share your experiences with Nigerian web hosts.

Trudigits is a good and dedicated company, I personally know someone who uses them and I also know the owner is based here in Port Harcourt (might even try them out someday), but there's something really strange I noticed here:

1.) .net (poster's website) was transferred to trudigits servers on the same day this post was made, is that enough time for the poster to make a judgement or is there some other deal behind it all? (I refer to poster's bandwidth issues and co at the beginning of the year).

2.) This obviously non-neutral promotional post made front page with less than 5 replies on the same day it was posted. What is the criteria for front page? I own a restaurant, If I get a client to post my business's name as the best restaurant do I get front page too? grin or do I pay something for that? Because I have countless businesses to advertise in that way.

I'm not in anyway discrediting Dual Core as so far, I'vnt heard anything bad from him, but I would like Mr. Poster to address the issues I raised

1 Like

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Afam4eva(m): 9:39am On Jun 13, 2012
who create that poll? Abeg add my company dia make i vote for myself if nobody go vote for me.

As for that Doncigalo guy, wetin dey worry you sef. Why not create your own thread and review yourself instead of putting sand sand for something wey God don bless.

1 Like

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Afam4eva(m): 9:41am On Jun 13, 2012
bigx:
1.) .net (poster's website) was transferred to trudigits servers on the same day this post was made, is that enough time for the poster to make a judgement or is there some other deal behind it all? (I refer to poster's bandwidth issues and co at the beginning of the year).
I don't think he specifically named as the website he's been hosting with trudigits. He probably has other websites with Trudigits.

1 Like

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 13, 2012
.net has been on trudigits all this while, it expired for a month or so because i was working on a new brand that was meant to replace .net
but i later changed my mind and decided to keep the 2 separate

I have over 10 websites hosted with trudigits. www.dhtmlkits.com is one of them

Next, as for frontpage article, that has nothing to do with me at all.

And i love the way you talk - it shows a lot of maturity and intelligence - i have respect for that (unlike a certain dunce)

1 Like

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 13, 2012
afam4eva: who create that poll? Abeg add my company dia make i vote for myself if nobody go vote for me.

As for that Doncigalo guy, wetin dey worry you sef. Why not create your own thread and review yourself instead of putting sand sand for something wey God don bless.
let him be o jare, he is my personal puppy, always yapping each time i make a good point. . .
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by bigx(m): 9:53am On Jun 13, 2012
*dhtml:
.net has been on trudigits all this while, it expired for a month or so because i was working on a new brand that was meant to replace .net
but i later changed my mind and decided to keep the 2 separate

I have over 10 websites hosted with trudigits. www.dhtmlkits.com is one of them

Next, as for frontpage article, that has nothing to do with me at all.

And i love the way you talk - it shows a lot of maturity and intelligence - i have respect for that (unlike a certain dunce)

Satisfactory answer smiley I saw it was from the registry it was transferred too.
@afam4eva Didn't think from that angle.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 13, 2012
You are most welcome bro.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 13, 2012
I just registered:
www.dhtmlwebconcepts.com
www.dhtmlwebconcept.com
with trudigits this morning, and they are active already - this is for the new brand i was talking about. . . .
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 13, 2012
And oh, i forgot, they are already active - uhm, that is what they call "Instant Activation", abi what is that word again? Anyway, i am not done with the design yet - but now that the domain is active, i will accelerate the development process. . . . .
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by DualCore1: 10:30am On Jun 13, 2012
*dhtml:
that is what they call "Instant Activation", abi what is that word again?
Actually the domains you listed above were not activated instantly so it cant be said to be instant activation. Instant activation applies only to orders that are placed and paid for online using the payment gateway. In such cases the customer get's his order activated and ready to use few seconds after a successful payment using his credit/debit cards.

In the case of the domains you have listed above, payment was technically made online (through GTB internet banking) but we still had to manually confirm payment and manually activate your order on confirmation of payment. The whole process from order to confirmation of payment to activation took about an hour. It could take longer for those who go to the bank to make physical deposits in the bank account. As we know, such deposits are not posted to the account immediately and we always have to confirm a deposit before an order is activated.

While we can't call yours instant activation we can churn up a name for it, say "quick activation" or something of that nature. smiley

1 Like

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 13, 2012
Okay, i will call it "Almost Instant Activation" then, because i do remember a certain site i did then in a space of 12 hours.
Client called in the morning that they needed the site that day, so i called up trudigits registered, then quickly did a mockup job and uploaded it all in a space of hours. Kudos to trudigits still.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Afam4eva(m): 10:36am On Jun 13, 2012
*dhtml:
Okay, i will call it "Almost Instant Activation" then, because i do remember a certain site i did then in a space of 12 hours.
Client called in the morning that they needed the site that day, so i called up trudigits registered, then quickly did a mockup job and uploaded it all in a space of hours. Kudos to trudigits still.
What exactly was activated? is it the domain or hosting or both. I noticed that Domain propagation does not apply for some domain registrars while some other take more than 24 hours to propagate.

1 Like

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by netghost: 10:41am On Jun 13, 2012
Dual Core: Thanks Netghost for the honest review. We will work on this. I don't know your account with TruDigits but[b] I will recommend you use support tickets when making complaints as against sending mails to the support email. Some times some mails sent to support go to the spam box and may not be seen immediately.[/b]

Thanks again, the points you have raised have been noted.

well that clears my doubt, all the mails that were answered late, were sent via my mobile phone and not the ticket system... AS EARLIER STATED I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TRUDIGITS

Now to a less pressing issue...

doncigalo: @sology lets say I have a vested business interest with them cool
@dafthtml Im amazed that people dont know about WHOGOHOST, anyways thats about to change, cuz they are about to make their presence known on this forum
Thats the kind service you get from a one man company, who is out to exploit people !! 7,700 for 2GB (whereas whogohost 2,000 for 2GB) and you still get crappy customer service !

you need to take classes on constructive criticism... all you appear to be doing is telling us that you are affiliated will whogohost (u might not be though) and that whogohost is in desperate need of clients. If you are so much in love with a hosting company because of the experience you have had with them, Then share with us the experience offered by whogohost that makes it so unique...Because attacking Dhtml who appears to have more respect than you in the programming section of NL and off NL by those who know him, only makes you appear myopic...
With regards to trudigits.. the technical skill of the dualCore with regard to hosting is quite impressive so i also advice you let him be and focus on what you have to offer us via whogohost reviews.

2 Likes

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by DualCore1: 10:44am On Jun 13, 2012
afam4eva:
What exactly was activated? is it the domain or hosting or both. I noticed that Domain propagation does not apply for some domain registrars while some other take more than 24 hours to propagate.
Domain propagation does not really hold for brand new domains that hasn't been accessed by anybody.

Its a simple trick I have come to understand over the years.
When you first register a domain, it propagates almost immediately and locks down to its present DNS settings.

So if you register www.example.com with the nameservers (ns1.internetvia.net and ns2.internetvisa.net) added during registration... it gets live almost immediately.

However if you register www.example.com and allowe the domain to point to some default nameservers (ns1.registrar.com and ns2.registra.com) and then go on to check www.example.com in your browser... it will work but it will be pointed to the default nameservers for the registrar. If you go on to change it to ns1.internetvisa.net and ns2.internetvisa.net... now this is where the laws of propagation come in. You have to wait for the new change to be picked across ISPs. Could take anything from 12 hours to 48 hours.... you know the drill sir smiley

So bottomline: Always add the permanent nameservers of a domain during registration and never check a newly registered domain until you point it to its permanent nameservers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boost Your Fanpage: Get 1000 Facebook Likes In 1hour- Free / Help! Gurus In The House, How Can I Recover My Gmail Account? / Blogging Has Paid Off!!! Popular Blogger,ogudu Clement,acquires A Brand New Ride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.