Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,964 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? (11372 Views)

Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? / Black Man And White Women: Always Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by shinystar(m): 10:22pm On Jun 10, 2012
From personal experience and after aggregating the views of many married men, I realised our women are never grateful no matter what you do for them.

They always feel shortchanged and crave for something better. For example, I have established a business for my wife, taken her abroad for vacation and fended for her family as little as I can. Yet, she is always complaining I have not done enough. She feels my immediate family gets more from me. In all honesty, I am certain I have been more generous to her family than mine.

Can fellow married men share their experiences and discuss why our women can't seem to have enough. They never say thank you and expect you to do more whether or not you are capable.
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by Johndoe100(m): 3:14am On Jun 11, 2012
shinystar: From personal experience and after aggregating the views of many married men, I realised our women are never grateful no matter what you do for them.

They always feel shortchanged and crave for something better. For example, I have established a business for my wife, taken her abroad for vacation and fended for her family as little as I can. Yet, she is always complaining I have not done enough. She feels my immediate family gets more from me. In all honesty, I am certain I have been more generous to her family than mine.

Can fellow married men share their experiences and discuss why our women can't seem to have enough. They never say thank you and expect you to do more whether or not you are capable.

Frankly I can't say they are ungrateful. They always have plans that involve your wallet, this I think is just in the nature of wives. The intention behind this in my experience is on the whole positive.

I can see that there may be some women that are naturally greedy, but if you have such a wife, you must try and make her understand that you are not really obliged to take care of her family so what you do should be seen in the correct light.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by Daresh(f): 8:26am On Jun 11, 2012
shinystar: From personal experience and after aggregating the views of many married men, I realised our women are never grateful no matter what you do for them.

Ol boy just say you have an ungrateful wife. I don't do that. I always say thank you to my husband and tell him I appreciate him.

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by Dimples316(f): 6:29pm On Jun 11, 2012
Am simply LOL at posts from Johndoe and the OP.

Are we really that bad?

I guess women who are married to you would have an eye & plans for your wallet but am sure they also know sincere gratitude is one way to keep that wallet open or am I wrong?
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by Johndoe100(m): 10:25pm On Jun 11, 2012
Young lady, at no point did I say anything that would warrant you to lump my post with the OP's. Please read my post again.

Dimples 316: Am simply LOL at posts from Johndoe and the OP.

Are we really that bad?

I guess women who are married to you would have an eye & plans for your wallet but am sure they also know sincere gratitude is one way to keep that wallet open or am I wrong?
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by Dimples316(f): 11:41pm On Jun 11, 2012
Johndoe100: Young lady, at no point did I say anything that would warrant you to lump my post with the OP's. Please read my post again.

I read your post and understood it, in no way did I misunderstand and lump it with the OP's own erroneously assuming you were both saying the same thing.

OP's post made me laugh not because I think he is being silly far from it and yours made me laugh as well because of the phrase 'They always have plans for your wallet'.
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by Johndoe100(m): 12:47am On Jun 12, 2012
They always have plans.

Dimples 316:

I read your post and understood it, in no way did I misunderstand and lump it with the OP's own erroneously assuming you were both saying the same thing.

OP's post made me laugh not because I think he is being silly far from it and yours made me laugh as well because of the phrase 'They always have plans for your wallet'.

Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by softtouch2(m): 8:43am On Jun 12, 2012

I have been in the same shoes with you for some years. I always think my wife did not appreciate all I have done, but I was wrong.
When she thought I was not around, she confided in her Mum that "Mum, please continue praying for my husband, for God has really use him for me" She said a lot of things that actually change my thought, she never knew I was nearby.
I also discovered, she said somethings in my presence to tease me, not actually she meant it.
So, give her some benefit of doubt, after all, she still your wife.
If it was what you've done to your family side that are prompting her to be saying such, then regulate information about all you are doing toward your family-side.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by harakiri(m): 10:16am On Jun 12, 2012
Fortunately i am not a married man but i do agree with the poster. Women naturally believe anything a man does for them is their right. Even if you give her access to all your bank accounts, hand over all documents of your assets to her and make her custodian,take care of her family members...it is never enough. You buy her an emerald and she wants a diamond instead. You buy her a C-Class mercedes and she is offended why you didn't buy an ML. You build a house for her father and repair the leaking roof of your own father's house and she will complain that you aren't doing enough for her own people.

It's not as if they don't know the effort you are putting in but they always have unrealistic expectations. They all have this fantasy of their "ideal husband" who can provide everything they want and when you aren't meeting up to that expectation, there will be trouble. They only start appreciating you when they see you are getting tired of them and thinking of moving on. They only appreciate your effort when you aren't there anymore. They appreciate your effort when they see the grass isn't greener at the other side.

Any man who thinks he can please any woman on earth is deluding himself. Their needs and wants are more vast than the pacific ocean. Just do what you feel is right and necessary and leave it at that. Do not expect much appreciation...even if they make compliments, they are more or less telling you they want more of what you are doing. If you take her to Dubai on vacation this year and think you have done a lot, be rest assured she is expecting the next trip to be in Paris and she wants to climb the Eiffel tower to take pictures to put on facebook.

Nuff said!

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by Daresh(f): 12:50pm On Jun 12, 2012
harakiri: Fortunately i am not a married man but i do agree with the poster. Women naturally believe anything a man does for them is their right. Even if you give her access to all your bank accounts, hand over all documents of your assets to her and make her custodian,take care of her family members...it is never enough. You buy her an emerald and she wants a diamond instead. You buy her a C-Class mercedes and she is offended why you didn't buy an ML. You build a house for her father and repair the leaking roof of your own father's house and she will complain that you aren't doing enough for her own people.

It's not as if they don't know the effort you are putting in but they always have unrealistic expectations. They all have this fantasy of their "ideal husband" who can provide everything they want and when you aren't meeting up to that expectation, there will be trouble. They only start appreciating you when they see you are getting tired of them and thinking of moving on. They only appreciate your effort when you aren't there anymore. They appreciate your effort when they see the grass isn't greener at the other side.

Any man who thinks he can please any woman on earth is deluding himself. Their needs and wants are more vast than the pacific ocean. Just do what you feel is right and necessary and leave it at that. Do not expect much appreciation...even if they make compliments, they are more or less telling you they want more of what you are doing. If you take her to Dubai on vacation this year and think you have done a lot, be rest assured she is expecting the next trip to be in Paris and she wants to climb the Eiffel tower to take pictures to put on facebook.

Nuff said!

Like I said earlier, na una sabi the kain hungry women you hang with. I do not expect my husband to do EVERYTHING for me. God gave me hands to hustle for myself. I am grateful when he pays school fees, I say thank you when he gives money for housekeeping. I say thank you and I appreciate you when I go on vacation and because I know what my husband makes, I know somethings are unattainable for now. I will not ask for an X5 when I see he drives a CRV. I won't ask for a trip to the seychelles when I know we have to pay rent. If you marry a stupid woman na you know. Not all women are ungrateful!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by harakiri(m): 1:47pm On Jun 12, 2012
Daresh:

Like I said earlier, na una sabi the kain hungry women you hang with. I do not expect my husband to do EVERYTHING for me. God gave me hands to hustle for myself. I am grateful when he pays school fees, I say thank you when he gives money for housekeeping. I say thank you and I appreciate you when I go on vacation and because I know what my husband makes, I know somethings are unattainable for now. I will not ask for an X5 when I see he drives a CRV. I won't ask for a trip to the seychelles when I know we have to pay rent. If you marry a stupid woman na you know. Not all women are ungrateful!

It's not about dating/marrying hungry or less privileged women. It's about the unrealistic insatiable expectations of women whether she is doing well or not. Even in a union where the woman earns more than the man, she still expects him to be the one to foot most of the bills (and most men are more than happy to comply in a bid to keep their self respect).

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by Daresh(f): 5:01pm On Jun 12, 2012
harakiri:

It's not about dating/marrying hungry or less privileged women. It's about the unrealistic insatiable expectations of women whether she is doing well or not. Even in a union where the woman earns more than the man, she still expects him to be the one to foot most of the bills (and most men are more than happy to comply in a bid to keep their self respect).

Like I said, not all women have unrealistic insatiable expectations. A man has his responsibilities as a man. My husband likes me contributing, but he draws the line at some things. I like it when he gives money, but I can never question him for giving his people money. I wont even ask him for money to give my family cos I believe everyone shd hustle their own.I know a lot of women like to take take take, the tin dey fear me sef. But as a man you shd know where to say NO, I wont give you that. Guys sef encourage it, giving girlfriend alowance and paying for her hair, nails, bb, everything.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by shinystar(m): 9:52pm On Jun 12, 2012
Soft touch, thanks. I appreciate your advice. I have chosen not to tell her anything I do for my siblings and family again.

Harakiri, I like the feminine angle you bring to this discussion. I must say you are one in a million if you are doing all you claimed to be doing. I wish all women were like you.

Let's keep the discussion going. I am really learning.
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by harakiri(m): 9:13am On Jun 13, 2012
shinystar: Soft touch, thanks. I appreciate your advice. I have chosen not to tell her anything I do for my siblings and family again.

Harakiri, I like the feminine angle you bring to this discussion. I must say you are one in a million if you are doing all you claimed to be doing. I wish all women were like you.

Let's keep the discussion going. I am really learning.

WTF was that? First, "Harakiri" is a man. Second, what "feminine" angle are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by shinystar(m): 9:38pm On Jun 13, 2012
Harakiri, so sorry I muddled things up. But your sounded like a woman with your argument. So sorry again. Thanks
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by ronkebp(f): 9:50pm On Jun 13, 2012
You are right poster.....the truth {from my own point of view} is, everyday is a new day and it comes with it's own problems....do not think for once that your wife does not appreciate what you do....some women just use that line when they are angry but i am telling you, the next minute, she is on her knees praying for you....do not take it to heart, she really appreciates everything you do, no matter how little.
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by taryour(f): 9:38am On Jun 14, 2012
ronkebp: You are right poster.....the truth {from my own point of view} is, everyday is a new day and it comes with it's own problems....do not think for once that your wife does not appreciate what you do....some women just use that line when they are angry but i am telling you, the next minute, she is on her knees praying for you....do not take it to heart, she really appreciates everything you do, no matter how little.

said it all.....

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by Fredoh(m): 6:10pm On Sep 18, 2015
harakiri:
Fortunately i am not a married man but i do agree with the poster. Women naturally believe anything a man does for them is their right. Even if you give her access to all your bank accounts, hand over all documents of your assets to her and make her custodian,take care of her family members...it is never enough. You buy her an emerald and she wants a diamond instead. You buy her a C-Class mercedes and she is offended why you didn't buy an ML. You build a house for her father and repair the leaking roof of your own father's house and she will complain that you aren't doing enough for her own people.

Nuff said!
Correct! That's their very nature from Adam. And in this 21st century, it's even worst. Who knows what will happen in the year 2115!
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by KanwuliaJara: 8:39am On Sep 19, 2015
Bring your wife to NL to tell us her own side of the story!
It may be HER money you are spending after all. wink
Why should she not complain then? wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by Acidosis(m): 9:35am On Sep 19, 2015
Women rarely say THANK YOU to their husbands/boyfriends.

You should have noticed these stuffs while dating. A woman who finds it hard to say THANK YOU over a N2000 worth of bangles will never appreciate you in words even if you sponsor her to JUPITER.

An ideal woman would treat her husband like a KING in the house; a god outside the house and a baby in bed.

Do not treat your hubby like a slave in the house, and then appreciate him while gossiping with your mother; such appreciation is worthless.
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by 5minsmadness: 12:51pm On Sep 19, 2015
Daresh:

You don't have to be insulting to pass your message across.
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by 5minsmadness: 12:55pm On Sep 19, 2015
taryour:

said it all.....

Seconded.
Women have a way of making men push the envelope. It's not as if they aren't appreciative it's just that they'd rather not show it in your presence. In front of you they tell u you're not doing enough but behind you they are praying fervently for you. It's same in all women but in varying degrees. It's just the way the world is.
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by snakebeat: 6:35pm On Sep 19, 2015
Daresh:

款艚款车型号笑着 and 羔羊群发软件事情人节日快乐此不疲...
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by AtheistD(m): 8:07am On Sep 21, 2015
5minsmadness:

Seconded.
Women have a way of making men push the envelope. It's not as if they aren't appreciative it's just that they'd rather not show it in your presence. In front of you they tell u you're not doing enough but behind you they are praying fervently for you. It's same in all women but in varying degrees. It's just the way the world is.

Why is it so? Do you reckon that they believe in applying pressure to ensure that the man is always on his toes? I have always wondered why they brag, hype and praise the man to their family and friends but rarely do the same to the man directly.
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by 5minsmadness: 8:54am On Sep 21, 2015
AtheistD:

Why is it so? Do you reckon that they believe in applying pressure to ensure that the man is always on his toes? I have always wondered why they brag, hype and praise the man to their family and friends but rarely do the same to the man directly.

1. Residual remnants of 'hard to get' syndrome.
They still feel they are in the girlfriend stage and want to be like you ain't impressing them even though deep down they're dying for you.

2. Fear of man's ego
They don't want the man's head to get too swollen. They feel the prouder a man becomes the more overbearing he becomes as in he might start feeling they are too easy or look down on them or take them for granted.

An elder once told me a long time ago never to take all women's words to heart. Just be the best man you can be and leave the woman to sort herself out.
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by bukatyne(f): 9:25am On Sep 21, 2015
1. Giving a woman what you think she wants and giving her what she wants are poles apart. Find out which you are doing

2. I would say 'ungratefulness' is more of see finish. How many husbands tell their wives thank you after a meal? When they meet the house clean? When the kids are well tended to? If you feel she is just doing her duty, pray tell, why do you want thank you for yours afterall, providing is seen as a man's duty. (And all the care here actually revolves around provision)

3. Ungratefulness is actually a genderless flaw. I am sure a lot of wives have a lot to say about the 'ungratefulness' of their husbands too

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 21, 2015
bukatyne:
1. Giving a woman what you think she wants and giving her what she wants are poles apart. Find out which you are doing

2. I would say 'ungratefulness' is more of see finish. How many husbands tell their wives thank you after a meal? When they meet the house clean? When the kids are well tended to? If you feel she is just doing her duty, pray tell, why do you want thank you for yours afterall, providing is seen as a man's duty. (And all the care here actually revolves around provision)

3. Ungratefulness is actually a genderless flaw. I am sure a lot of wives have a lot to say about the 'ungratefulness' of their husbands too

1. Perhaps, she should reject the unnecessary gifts and tell what exactly it is she wants?

2. Not saying thank you is not the same as being ungrateful. One can say thank you and still be ungrateful and vice versa. Therefore, and according to the OP, the equivalent behaviour from the man would be telling the wife that she hasn't done enough despite providing good meals, keeping a clean home, and tending to the kids wink; these activities which she herself directly benefits from. In his case, OP says he has; (a) Sponsored a business for her; (b) Sponsored her on foreign trips; (c) Supports his in-laws financially; none of which is of direct benefit to him. Therefore, it is safe to say your response in Point 2 doesn't really correlate with the OP's second paragraph grin

3. Maybe.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by Stillfire: 6:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
According to such women you are just doing your job as the so called 'provider'. So why be grateful? Pele.
I can bet as a typical African man, you are also pulling your own weight in being an inconsiderable brute when it comes to her own 'roles'.cheesy
So the equation is balanced.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by Stillfire: 6:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
harakiri:

WTF was that? First, "Harakiri" is a man. Second, what "feminine" angle are you talking about?

Buhahahaha! grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by kashamyanat: 10:48am On Sep 22, 2015
Shinystar and harakiri it seems there is something you both are getting wrong. Do you know that there is a grate difference between a woman and a WIFE? A woman is she whom you both have perfectly discribed.But a wife is: a helper with a heart full of gratitude, she is your best friend, your soul mate, a pillar you should always lean on, the only one that knows,understands and manages the leakages in your home, the mother of your children, she will always hold your palms and pray with you as she will do with her son, she knows that you've been placed ahead of her already and will therefore never contest with you, she submits to you for the sake of peace and above all she humbles her self before you knowing that she was made out of a man.shinystar I think what you have is a woman not a wife and harakiri I pray you find a wife among the women around you.
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by ayotoyin(f): 2:39pm On Sep 22, 2015
Why are you generalising it? Not all women are ungrateful sir. How can I leave my hubby and go meet mum appreciating him behind? what if you were not privileged to eavesdrop ? Sir, a wife appreciates every little thing her hubby does so also a man whether it is your duty or not as hubby/wife and you will see her glow in it, you cant pretend with genuine appreciation, no need to deceive hubby by appreciating with mere words. Any woman in competition with hubby's family should be careful, what goes round come round. A real man knows when to draw line between his immediate family and extended family. It is not mandatory for my hubby to put my family's load on his head, he is free to help knowing fully well that they are his family as well, and it is vice-versa. God will help our homes.
Re: Why Are Women Always Ungrateful? by Stanleyafam(m): 8:16am On Sep 23, 2015
A Lot of people miss it in marriage with the wrong foundation, if your marriage is built on a good foundation of planning, understanding and good communication always you won't be having issues or thoughts as this.
Before any1 gets married endeavour to see to it that you both are headed towards the same direction.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christmas Gift Hampers / What Are Your Last Minute Christmas Shopping Items? / Cheating Husband Refuses Wife's Request For STD Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.