Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 (14706 Views)

Breaking News! Probe Me And See Nigeria Explode!! OBJ To Buhari. / Letters Of OBJ To GEJ And Iyabo Obasanjo To Her Father for sale. Very funny. / Learn From The Arab Uprisings, OBJ To ‘sit-tight Leaders’ In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by PAT4HOT(m): 12:49pm On Jun 11, 2012
simon gonner: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo is to appear before the House of Representatives Committee on Ethics and Privileges on June 28 over his recent utterances in which he referred to members of the National Assembly as armed robbers and rogues, Daily Trust learnt yesterday.

Obasanjo had in May at the Fourth Annual Conference of the Academy for Entrepreneur Studies Nigeria (AES) at the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs (NIIA) in Lagos, said that “there are more rogues and armed robbers in the State Assemblies and the National Assembly”.

The House of Representatives asked its committee on ethics to investigate the former president’s assertion, with Speaker Aminu Waziri Tambuwal hinting that Obasanjo will be invited to defend himself before the lawmakers.

Speaking to Daily Trust yesterday on the telephone, committee chair Rep. Gambo Dan Musa 9CPC, Katsina), said although they have since received verbal referral for the assignment, they were officially communicated about the exercise on Thursday.

“When we resume next week on the 21st of June, we will meet as a committee to look at the modalities of the investigation and we hope to commence in a week time,” Dan Musa said.

The probe was instituted after a motion on matter of personal privileges was raised by the House Deputy Minority Leader, Suleiman Kawu Sumaila (ANPP, Kano) who said, “the former President called us rogues and armed robbers. But I am not an armed robber neither am I a rogue.”

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=164754:obasanjo-to-appear-before-reps-june-28&catid=1:news&Itemid=2

i beg una update d outcome of d invitation.....house of rapes.....
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by id2010(m): 12:59pm On Jun 11, 2012
I 'smh' for this Nation. NASS should stop pretending as if we dont know already, Obj only reminded us, right from the very least of them to the no one..Any statement they will set up committee as if anything will happen.. Anyway i like this one.. Obj is known for one thing.i.e He will say his mind without mixing words, unlike some people who are always afraid to act and they call themselves .......Am not saying Obj is not corrupt but we need leader like him who can act and take decision
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by megxo(m): 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2012
E ba MI KI MI OLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by Spirit96(m): 1:31pm On Jun 11, 2012
ONE GUD THG ABT OBJ IS D FACT DAT HE IS NT PRETENTOIUS. HE SPEWS WHATEVER HE HAD IN MIND WITHOUT FEAR OR FAVOR. I TRUST DAT WHEN HE APPEARS B4 D NASS, THEY WILL ALL BE DISGRACED N NONE OF THEM WOULD HV D EFFONTERY 2 CONFRONT HIM. HE WILL STILL HV D GUT 2 REPEAT SAME STMT RIGHT IN THEIR NOSE. WATCH N C!
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by playboy19(m): 1:41pm On Jun 11, 2012
Spirit96: ONE GUD THG ABT OBJ IS D FACT DAT HE IS NT PRETENTOIUS. HE SPEWS WHATEVER HE HAD IN MIND WITHOUT FEAR OR FAVOR. I TRUST DAT WHEN HE APPEARS B4 D NASS, THEY WILL ALL BE DISGRACED N NONE OF THEM WOULD HV D EFFONTERY 2 CONFRONT HIM. HE WILL STILL HV D GUT 2 REPEAT SAME STMT RIGHT IN THEIR NOSE. WATCH N C!

heheheheheheh grin grin grin grin grin Yeeeeepa! I laugh in subsidy. Are you guys serious? OBJ Appear before NASS? Not in this one life. But come o, who go ask ham question among them sef? Oh maybe we don forget sey majority of them are from PDP. Anyway, i dey sure sey dem no really mean ham, dem just talk ham for talking sake ni.
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by bernieamce: 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2012
kkk17: As if they can do anything to him. Waste of time. They know they are thieves, Nigerians know that too. Oles, barayi, ndioshi.
ido ino!
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 11, 2012
They want Obasanjo to come and confirm what we already know, that they are indeed thieves. Trust Baba Iyabo not to mince his words.
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by blackbeau1(f): 2:15pm On Jun 11, 2012
Chei.see as them wan act Nigerian film before our very before. 0bj(pot) calling Nass(kettle) black. We all know d investigation won't lead anywia
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by crackhouse(m): 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2012
Hope Nepa will give us light to watch it. I will want it to be on sunday if possible.
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by majojolo: 2:23pm On Jun 11, 2012
While, Obasanjo was the President of this Country. He has been in the system, he also know the State Houses and the National Assembly very well and far better than all of us the Nairalanders and fellow Nigerians.

We will exercise patient till he appear before the House Of Reps, there he will explain further - if at all he will appear before them.
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 11, 2012
brixton: Trouble de sleep yanga cme wake am...I trust baba to rep to d fullest #grabspopcorn#

SPOT ON! Let me add:
Mo sori fun gboo gboyin o.....NASS mo sori fun gbobgo yin lo kankan...

Think they are joking but should they insist on interrogating Baba then............more sorry for their corrupt a.s.ses!
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 3:47pm On Jun 11, 2012
Donmeca: One news report claimed that Otedola handed a copy of d Lawan video to OBJ and OBJ showed it to speaker Tambuwal. Guess this whole name-calling was against Lawan abinitio. OBJ may play d boxoffice-topping video dat day. Am keeping a date!

Two movies to premiere dat day,
(1) Ali BABA n d 40thieves
(2) LAWAN d BRIBARIAN
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by tessyade: 3:59pm On Jun 11, 2012
ikee: Not sure if baba Iyabo will honour the invitation undecided
And if he does, it will be more trouble for the house members because obj may go as far as naming each "thief" and why he chose to call them that.
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by blessed4ril(f): 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2012
Summon OBJ ke? I dey laf in Spanish ooo!
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by mosalab(m): 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2012
Ha ha ha ha ha ha... I dey laf o... @last ds rogues have expose themselves... Weda dey cancel d invitation or not dey've already pour petrol inside fire... I dey wait o, expectn comment 4rm Baba iyabo...
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by kennytidistar(m): 5:53pm On Jun 11, 2012
OBJ we go there with flat screen and video CD to show them plenty thief wey dem don do. mumu house of rep.
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by samchide(m): 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2012
Another round table to strategies on how to plot another scam
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by oiseworld: 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2012
i suggest these axsembly boys better send delegates/representatives to beg OBJ for intening to invite him to the house, becauxe if baba comes, KAI !!! they are gonna.
The house go dabaru be dat, because Obj would not only call names, he will ask them to stand up while he speaks,call them out one by one and give them the shame of a life time.

Baba fit hold cane come self, i'm picturing the movie ODYSSEUS when the king (Odysseus) returned home.
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by jmaine: 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2012
oiseworld: i suggest these axsembly boys better send delegates/representatives to beg OBJ for intening to invite him to the house, becauxe if baba comes, KAI !!! they are gonna.
The house go dabaru be dat, because Obj would not only call names, [size=18pt]he will ask them to stand up while he speaks,call them out one by one and give them the shame of a life time.

Baba fit hold cane come self
[/size], i'm picturing the movie ODYSSEUS when the king (Odysseus) returned home.

Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by kholis(m): 8:30pm On Jun 11, 2012
ubandire: Excersice in futility baba will never appear before the bunch of immatured lawmakers.

Sure!
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by joobreel(m): 8:41pm On Jun 11, 2012
This will be the most hilarious and as well embarrassing moment for the NASS members and that is even if he responds to their summon talkless of going. Let these thieves find something meaningful to do. We need actions not plenty talk. and if a whole Mr Integrity Farouk Lawan demanded and collected bribe, then forget it. This is just the beginning in Nigeria
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by Agimor(m): 8:59pm On Jun 11, 2012
A crook is always a crook.OBJ and those house of assembly members are birds of a feather.

1 Like

Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by emmasege: 9:43pm On Jun 11, 2012
So Baba was right. Farouk may just have proven OBJ right.
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by T9ksy(m): 10:15pm On Jun 11, 2012
crackhouse: How in their wildest imagination do they think that OBJ will honour their invitation? Or are they playing father & kids game?. Just thinking.

And what gave you the impression that Objoke will not honour their invitation? Afterall, he

appeared at the oputa panel which the likes of buhari, Ibb and abdulsallam failed to turn up. I remembered

buhari's excuse- they want to embarrass him! When asked to come to give account of his stewardship to his fellow

nigerians, buhari the untouchable, stuck two fingers in our face and yet the mofo keeps requesting for our votes

to rule/dehumanise us, again. However, when we say no to his dumb ambition, he starts crying that he's being

rigged out of office and as such our young generations i.e youth corpers have to pay the price.

1 Like

Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by olanyte: 6:52am On Jun 12, 2012
let's wait and see but Obasanjo is right.
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 12, 2012
Trust OBJ, names must be called but I won't be surprise if before that day they will cancel it or they will do it without the presence of the media
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by Bastiger(m): 9:41am On Jun 12, 2012
Donmeca:

That committee has always bn in a existence....in every NASS! U guys shud spare us dis wanton display of ignorance.

AND OF WHAT USE HAS IT BEEN ALL THESE YEARS IF NOT AS AN AVENUE TO SIPHON HARD CURRENCY. MAYBE NL SHOULD SET UP A COMMITTEE TO INVESTIGATE YOUR COMMENT ABOVE,LETS SEE HOW RELEVANT IT IS
Re: OBJ To Appear Before Reps June 28 by seglan(m): 8:05am On Jun 13, 2012
nerodenero: A thief can only know a thief.Thief calling thief thief.
Lets appropriate Obj for what he has done and stop calling him names. If all of us can open up corruption issues we heard/known, and our gov will listen then fight it with all seriousness, Nigeria will be better for it.
Thank you sir and continue exposing them for you to see heaven

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC: N2.8b Cash For Ex-militants’ Stipends Withdrawn 35 Times / Reps Approve Card Reader, Bar INEC From Using Other Devices / Aggrieved APC Leaders Set Up Plan B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.