Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,351 members, 7,853,544 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:52 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (512608 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 3:53pm On Mar 08, 2013
Hello family,

I've received my mun offer for admission letter today (soft copy)

TRV application load.....20%....loading....lolz
Tanx to everybody...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 08, 2013
dommakavelli: Hello family,

Tanx to everybody...

Good! Congrats.Hw much is tuition and which major and school?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:54pm On Mar 08, 2013
Chevron Nigeria scholarship now on.

Its free to apply and end on March 29, 2013.

https://www.nairaland.com/1219400/chevron-nigeria-scholarship-application-now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jimmyjerry07(m): 6:58pm On Mar 08, 2013
GboyegaD: Hello House,
Please I have a question bothering me and would like to know if anyone ever had similar challenges. I applied to University of Calgary and I habe been waiting on them to notify me of my status however, all they keep saying is that they cannot get back to me if I don't send in the original copies of my transcripts from my school. Do you think there is anything I can do in the interim?

Its possible dey didn't get ur original transcript dat's if u v sent earlier. I will advice u send anoda asap 4m ur skul
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 7:09pm On Mar 08, 2013

Tanx to everybody...

congratulations
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 7:33pm On Mar 08, 2013
ferdimako:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 7:35pm On Mar 08, 2013
ferdimako:

economics (MA) MUN (course route)
Tuition is 3936
1312 per semester (3 semesters )
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ZionSpecie(m): 7:46pm On Mar 08, 2013
dommakavelli:

Tuition is 3936
Wow! That's super-cheap!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by twizer(f): 9:45pm On Mar 08, 2013
ommakavelli: Hello family,

Tanx to everybody...

[quote][/quote]

Congratulations !

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by teexzle: 10:45pm On Mar 08, 2013
Congrats bro, wen did ur status change to application complete on their site, I applied 4 that same course in mun so I want to know if the process is in batches (first come first serve basis)
dommakavelli:

Tuition is 3936
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by teexzle: 10:52pm On Mar 08, 2013
Wats ur email

Tanx to everybody...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GboyegaD(m): 10:53pm On Mar 08, 2013
jimmyjerry07:

Its possible dey didn't get ur original transcript dat's if u v sent earlier. I will advice u send anoda asap 4m ur skul

I am sending it next week having confirmed that I have been admitted to the program I applied to and should get an email later in the day.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by teexzle: 11:01pm On Mar 08, 2013
Hi evry1, who else has heard frm MUN..@earthgrEeners any news
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:06pm On Mar 08, 2013
teexzle: Congrats bro, wen did ur status change to application complete on their site, I applied 4 that same course in mun so I want to know if the process is in batches (first come first serve basis)

December 6th
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adonai36: 11:18pm On Mar 08, 2013
Siga: @adonai36....Replied finally....

Thank you Don Siga.
I will work on the points raised and revert back.

Shalom
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by movein: 1:35am On Mar 09, 2013
Hello House! I wanna ask a question.. Is it possible for me to use my statement of acct? My parents funded my acct wiv some money before I left for d UK (5mil)... Can I still use the same acct for processin my Student Visa or must it be my sponsors acct (parents)?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ronakoks: 4:28am On Mar 09, 2013
Hello house, is there any school in Canada that admits into masters program as transfer student. Im in my first semester of my masters program in the US snd im considering transfering credit from here to a school in canada. I intend to apply for TVR from here in the US. And I might have to apply to an undergrad degree as transfer(maybe some of my credit from naija uniersity will trasfer) or some PG course. But Im not sure what the VO might think if they handle my TVR application because im studying a masters progam now in the US, I now want to switch to an undergraduate programe or PG in Canada.

My reasons for wanting to move to canada is simpple. Its easier to settle. Here in the US, the immigration restriction is just too tight. its too serious joor. There is no real route to permanent residency after study. Just some though processes of getting temporary work visa. And if you don't have an employer ready to file for you, it can put you in a difficult situation. And Economy isn't so good like that... coupled with the fact that my major na msc biology.... where person wan see job grin grin It really sucks!. Any advice please?...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iamsaheed(m): 7:20am On Mar 09, 2013

Tanx to everybody...
thats great, all the best bruv...but you said soft copy? that should mean an electronic copy to your email right?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Etinosajay(m): 7:20am On Mar 09, 2013
ronakoks: Hello house, is there any school in Canada that admits into masters program as transfer student. Im in my first semester of my masters program in the US snd im considering transfering credit from here to a school in canada. I intend to apply for TVR from here in the US. And I might have to apply to an undergrad degree as transfer(maybe some of my credit from naija uniersity will trasfer) or some PG course. But Im not sure what the VO might think if they handle my TVR application because im studying a masters progam now in the US, I now want to switch to an undergraduate programe or PG in Canada.

My reasons for wanting to move to canada is simpple. Its easier to settle. Here in the US, the immigration restriction is just too tight. its too serious joor. There is no real route to permanent residency after study. Just some though processes of getting temporary work visa. And if you don't have an employer ready to file for you, it can put you in a difficult situation. And Economy isn't so good like that... coupled with the fact that my major na msc biology.... where person wan see job grin grin It really sucks!. Any advice please?...

@ronakoks

I knew US wasn't so dope. I kept advising my friends against entering as a student, and expecting a PR after school. Anyways to answer ur question, if u intend to transfer credit, from PG to PG, its very possible. Lotta schools do in Canada. You need to find a choice school/program which you meet the admission requirement, and contact the admissions office, thereafter you apply for the program. If you are accepted, you apply for a TRV (not TVR, like u wrote it) just like every other person does, no special treatment. But transferring from PG to UG, I'm afraid, that's an impossibility, because to transfer credits, the course content and outline be similar at both levels. That's what I know, maybe other peeps might add
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 09, 2013
ronakoks: Hello house, is there any school in Canada that admits into masters program as transfer student. Im in my first semester of my masters program in the US snd im considering transfering credit from here to a school in canada. I intend to apply for TVR from here in the US. And I might have to apply to an undergrad degree as transfer(maybe some of my credit from naija uniersity will trasfer) or some PG course. But Im not sure what the VO might think if they handle my TVR application because im studying a masters progam now in the US, I now want to switch to an undergraduate programe or PG in Canada.

Why are you sounding like this? Ms,Biology is still needed, after PhD you're cool with jobs.U want to head Canada for Undergra just for PR.That is outrageous! Anyway it's ur call.All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by imperiouxx(m): 9:26am On Mar 09, 2013
ferdimako:

Why are you sounding like this? Ms,Biology is still needed, after PhD you're cool with jobs.U want to head Canada for Undergra just for PR.That is outrageous! Anyway it's ur call.All the best.

God bless you. This shows that ronakoks has shallow ideas of what he was talking about. With his MS in Biology, he can choose to specialize on lucrative fields in Biology and there are lot of biotech and gene synthesis labs in US..... Fine! I agreed that there are Americans for the job too because Americans studied Bio at graduate level more than any other fields but instead of stepping down to UG/PG like he wants for PR and which might jeopardize his getting the TRV, why can't he just step up for the same reason anywhere he likes and see which will pay off.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 10:00am On Mar 09, 2013
i_am_saheed: thats great, all the best bruv...but you said soft copy? that should mean an electronic copy to your email right?

Yes it's an electronic copy to my email. They said d hard copy has bin sent tru regular postal service n it'll arrive between 2-6 weeks. which am not comfortable wit. I sent an email to d sch dat, they shuld help me send the letter tru private post. But no reply yet.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 10:03am On Mar 09, 2013
If you've received a letter frm MUN before.
Do you think I can receive the letter in less than 3 weeks? if dey send it tru the regular post?

2. If you've applied for TRV tru d online process.
Pls share your experience.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iamsaheed(m): 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2013
dommakavelli:

Yes it's an electronic copy to my email. They said d hard copy has bin sent tru regular postal service n it'll arrive between 2-6 weeks. which am not comfortable wit. I sent an email to d sch dat, they shuld help me send the letter tru private post. But no reply yet.

am hvin dt same p, but my cousins frnd is comin next week so he would help me get it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by teexzle: 4:02pm On Mar 09, 2013
Hi saheed, did u get admision frm MUN too..
i_am_saheed: am hvin dt same p, but my cousins frnd is comin next week so he would help me get it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Ceejay2: 5:07pm On Mar 09, 2013
justwise: Chevron Nigeria scholarship now on.

Its free to apply and end on March 29, 2013.

https://www.nairaland.com/1219400/chevron-nigeria-scholarship-application-now

@justwise, Mr mod pls this is travel to canada thread and not Chevron scholarship whateva. Pls don't break d rules n I tink if u do next time u nid to be banned.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ronakoks: 5:30pm On Mar 09, 2013
imperiouxx:

God bless you. This shows that ronakoks has shallow ideas of what he his talking about. With his MS in Biology, he can choose to specialize on lucrative fields in Biology and there are lot of biotech and gene synthesis labs in US..... Fine! I agreed that there are Americans for the job too because Americans studied Bio at graduate level more than any other fields but instead of stepping down to UG/PG like he wants for PR and which might jeopardize his getting the TRV, why can't he just step up for the same reason anywhere he likes and see which will pay off.

You have no right to conclude im shallow minded imperiouxx. abi na your father money i dey take go school ni.. If i wanna do undergraduate programme and switch career how is that your problem. I asked for suggestions and you are insulting me.

I had the intention of switching to undergraduate even before i came here. Only reason I didn't is because my sister advised me to do a semester and see if i would get some GA(which in my school comes with stipend plus zero tuition, basically free education with salary join). And this is a decision i kinda of regretted. but i can still switch next smester if i want to. It probably will take me 3years to get an engineering degree since some of my naija credit will transfer. now a masters program is 2yrs. not much difference in terms of time. The important thing is doing a programme that gives me satisfaction. i dont see it as stepping down in any way because the area of study is totally different.

"Americans study Bio at graduate level more than any other field" .... the reason for this is cos many americans doing bio at grad level actually couldnt get in to medical school.

Now let me ask you this question imperiouxx. If you find you self in naija after your Msc programme what kinda bio tech or gene sequencing job do you think you will find?....
And don't think that by doing phd or post doc makes it any easier for you to remain in yankee more that a certain period after your studies. because quite frankly, unless u win visa lottery or marry yankee babe, PR dey hard to get this days, simply because of the fact that many employers are not quick to file. Im not saying some don't but the truth is that most are not willing. so you can get your OPT. after that wan expires maybe get STEM extention, if you luckky to get employer that help you with H1B great.. but it has a limit of 6yrs.. after which you must leave. Now 6yrs is quite a long time isnt it?... the down side is you are trapped with that employer for that period.. if employer sacks you... you need to leave the country unless you have another emplyer ready to help you get H1b..

Now, as a contrast your mate in Canny already has canadian kpali by the time you are concluding your phd and looking for job with F1 visa here. Now tell me my pple which wan will you choose if you had the choice after 6yrs of study. Canny passport or to remain on F1 visa still looking for job with the constant remainder that you might have to return to naija after a period?.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:45pm On Mar 09, 2013
ronakoks:

You have no right to conclude im shallow minded imperiouxx. abi na your father money i dey take go school ni.. If i wanna do undergraduate programme and switch career how is that your problem. I asked for suggestions and you are insulting me.

I had the intention of switching to undergraduate even before i came here. Only reason I didn't is because my sister advised me to do a semester and see if i would get some GA(which in my school comes with stipend plus zero tuition, basically free education with salary join). And this is a decision i kinda of regretted. but i can still switch next smester if i want to. It probably will take me 3years to get an engineering degree since some of my naija credit will transfer. now a masters program is 2yrs. not much difference in terms of time. The important thing is doing a programme that gives me satisfaction. i dont see it as stepping down in any way because the area of study is totally different.

"Americans study Bio at graduate level more than any other field" .... the reason for this is cos many americans doing bio at grad level actually couldnt get in to medical school.

Now let me ask you this question imperiouxx. If you find you self in naija after your Msc programme what kinda bio tech or gene sequencing job do you think you will find?....
And don't think that by doing phd or post doc makes it any easier for you to remain in yankee more that a certain period after your studies. because quite frankly, unless u win visa lottery or marry yankee babe, PR dey hard to get this days, simply because of the fact that many employers are not quick to file. Im not saying some don't but the truth is that most are not willing. so you can get your OPT. after that wan expires maybe get STEM extention, if you luckky to get employer that help you with H1B great.. but it has a limit of 6yrs.. after which you must leave. Now 6yrs is quite a long time isnt it?... the down side is you are trapped with that employer for that period.. if employer sacks you... you need to leave the country unless you have another emplyer ready to help you get H1b..

Now, as a contrast your mate in Canny already has canadian kpali by the time you are concluding your phd and looking for job with F1 visa here. Now tell me my pple which wan will you choose if you had the choice after 6yrs of study. Canny passport or to remain on F1 visa still looking for job with the constant remainder that you might have to return to naija after a period?.

My post wasn't an insult by any way but what you just did now is uncalled for and an indignity. I never thought of you being wayward like this from those private emails you wrote me seeking for advice when you're seriously looking for the US student visa (of which I took my time after school or in class to replied you) and since you chose to get my post from the negative part, I will say I'm very sorry. Moreover, I didn't say you shouldn't go to Canada if you read my last line properly...... All I'm saying is why not apply for a more higher degree (what I mean by step up for the same reason....."reason = Canada" ) and see which pays off. Please, stop being wayward, such behavior takes no one no where in life.

imperiouxx:

God bless you. This shows that ronakoks has shallow ideas of what he was talking about. With his MS in Biology, he can choose to specialize on lucrative fields in Biology and there are lot of biotech and gene synthesis labs in US..... Fine! I agreed that there are Americans for the job too because Americans studied Bio at graduate level more than any other fields but instead of stepping down to UG/PG like he wants for PR and which might jeopardize his getting the TRV, why can't he just step up for the same reason anywhere he likes and see which will pay off.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ronakoks: 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2013
imperiouxx:

My post isn't an insult by any way but what you just did now is uncalled for and an indignity. I never thought of you being wayward like this from those private emails you wrote me seeking for advice when you're seriously looking for the US student visa and since you chose to get my post from the negative part, I will say I'm very sorry.

apologies mr imperiouxx. but you insult me again by implying that i'm wayward. please read you comment very well before you post it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by imperiouxx(m): 6:03pm On Mar 09, 2013
ronakoks:

apologies mr imperiouxx. but you insult me again by implying that i'm wayward. please read you comment very well before you post it.

I'll never insult any scholar on any student thread....check me again on US student thread. I said that because you're asking if my father gave you money for schooling (well, I've lost my dad since 2004....loool)....... That's uncalled for and such is seen as waywardness by anyone. On any other thread, I hardly take it when people try to curse me but on student threads, I maintain my integrity because I won't talk to scholars any how, no matter what their level of education is. That's why I'm apologizing for saying what makes you think otherwise. This is an educative thread and what should be seen from everyone here should be by the standard. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 09, 2013
Ceejay2:

@justwise, Mr mod pls this is travel to canada thread and not Chevron scholarship whateva. Pls don't break d rules n I tink if u do next time u nid to be banned.

There is nothing wrong wit informing u of sources of scholarship in a thread where there are ppl dt want to study abroad.
Also of note is dt PTDF scholarship is currently on.
I no longer have the link. Xtus and my other bb friends, please help d house wit the link I sent u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.