Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,469 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (397) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (510604 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 7:58am On Mar 12, 2013
Etinosajay:

@kaycee43

I know I am in the right place and in company of successful and blessed people. With God, Impossibility is nothing. I would rely also on guidance from experienced members here
@siga @earthgreeners @ebugirl @fhemmmy @Delta007 @kaycee43 @slamdunk99 @bullstriker @hotsteppers @newacca @justabouteveryone

I've applied to Simon Fraser, U of Alberta, and U of Saskatchewan for Masters of Public Health. May God take us to the finish line
Amennnnnnn, Baba God himself will see u tru.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by VCTROKOYE: 8:30am On Mar 12, 2013
I'm presently in UK 4 short holiday but will return within the wk to submit my documents. I have abt 1.8m in my account. I have some stocks although not much. Just less than 200k worth of stock. But still single at 36 although will marry within d year. My 2 sponsors are my twin brother n sister with plenty ties to Nigeria. They accounts with some money and also stocks. I have family pictures too. They will send the following Docs
1. Statement of accounts(both US & Nigeria )
2. Certificates of citizenship
3. Employment letters
3. Payslips
4. Sponsorship letters
5. Affidavit of support
6. Tax documents.
7. My mum earlier had applied 4 my green card n that has been approved. But I don't know when i'll be invited 4 interview. I understand it may be in 2 yrs time. But the doc 4 d visa approval will be submitted.
8. Birth certificates

My docs are:
1. Passport with 2 yrs valid visa
2. Admission letter
3. Statement of account(with about 1.8m)
4. Employment letter
5. Payslips 4 six months
6. CSCS statement showing my stocks(less than 200k)
7. Statement of purpose
8. Transcript
9. Birth certificate

Pls must I submit police report from alagbon immediately with my application

I do not have study leave. But in statement of purpose I stated how the quality education will me help get a better job when I return.

Pls what do u think?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deaero: 8:49am On Mar 12, 2013
[quote author=de aero][/quote]@ all should answer my question na! @xtus give me your email let me inbox my Pin to you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deaero: 9:17am On Mar 12, 2013
xtus:

Inbox me ur BB pin, thnx
. I don't have your e-mail how do I send it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 9:22am On Mar 12, 2013
de aero: @ all should answer my question na! @xtus give me your email let me inbox my Pin to you

Cletus161@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by movein: 1:03pm On Mar 12, 2013
Hello house! Please how many months statement of account is required at the Canadian Embassy for Student visa? Thank you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 1:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
movein: Hello house! Please how many months statement of account is required at the Canadian Embassy for Student visa? Thank you!

6 months
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by movein: 2:20pm On Mar 12, 2013
surecan:

6 months

Thank you sir! How long will my documents spend at the embassy too and is it possible to use my statement of account that has been funded by my parents sir?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 3:34pm On Mar 12, 2013
movein:

Thank you sir! How long will my documents spend at the embassy too and is it possible to use my statement of account that has been funded by my parents sir?

make out time to go through this part 3 if you dont have strength for 1 & 2,every information you need is there
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ZionSpecie(m): 5:16pm On Mar 12, 2013
ezme:

Send me a PM, so I have a medium to reach you privately.
Dn't knw much about PM on nairaland. My email is oluwatobie09@gmail.com let's get started from there
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
Hello,

Your application file for the M.Sc. program (thesis-based) in Environmental Science has been reviewed and you have been found academically acceptable by the Board. In order to be accepted, however, we need to identify a faculty supervisor for you. Have you been in touch with any of our faculty members regarding supervision yet? If not, you should go to our website at http://www.mun.ca/science/graduate/interdisciplinary/envs/faculty.php and use the information there to get in touch with faculty members whose research is similar to your own interests. I will also notify all our potential supervisors that you have been found academically acceptable and give them some information on your academic background. Only if we are successful in identifying a supervisor can we proceed with the paperwork to get you formally accepted.

If you have any questions, by all means get in touch.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by VCTROKOYE: 7:06pm On Mar 12, 2013

I'm presently in UK 4 short holiday but will return within the wk to submit my documents. I have abt 1.8m in my account. I have some stocks although not much. Just less than 200k worth of stock. But still single at 36 although will marry within d year. My 2 sponsors are my twin brother n sister with plenty ties to Nigeria. They accounts with some money and also stocks. I have family pictures too. They will send the followingee Docs
1. Statement of accounts(both US & Nigeria )
2. Certificates of citizenship
3. Employment letters
3. Payslips
4. Sponsorship letters
5. Affidavit of support
6. Tax documents.
7. My mum earlier had applied 4 my green card n that has been approved. But I don't know when i'll be invited 4 interview. I understand it may be in 2 yrs time. But the doc 4 d visa approval will be submitted.
8. Birth certificates

My docs are:
1. Passport with 2 yrs valid visa
2. Admission letter
3. Statement of account(with about 1.8m)
4. Employment letter
5. Payslips 4 six months
6. CSCS statement showing my stocks(less than 200k)
7. Statement of purpose
8. Transcript
9. Birth certificate

Pls must I submit police report from alagbon immediately with my application

I do not have study leave. But in statement of purpose I stated how the quality education will me help get a better job when I return.

Pls what do u think?

Please I'm waiting it response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 8:17pm On Mar 12, 2013
earthgreeners: Hello,

Your application file for the M.Sc. program (thesis-based) in Environmental Science has been reviewed and you have been found academically acceptable by the Board. In order to be accepted, however, we need to identify a faculty supervisor for you. Have you been in touch with any of our faculty members regarding supervision yet? If not, you should go to our website at http://www.mun.ca/science/graduate/interdisciplinary/envs/faculty.php and use the information there to get in touch with faculty members whose research is similar to your own interests. I will also notify all our potential supervisors that you have been found academically acceptable and give them some information on your academic background. Only if we are successful in identifying a supervisor can we proceed with the paperwork to get you formally accepted.

Congrats in advance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jimmyjerry07(m): 8:22pm On Mar 12, 2013
earthgreeners: Hello,

Nice one bro, trust you will capture the interest of ur faculty supervisor wit captivating and endless emails..lolss, u r one step ahead. Congrat in anticipation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:17pm On Mar 12, 2013
jimmyjerry07: Nice one bro, trust you will capture the interest of ur faculty supervisor wit captivating and endless emails..lolss, u r one step ahead. Congrat in anticipation

I have begin hunting for a supervisor, can someone please send me a more captivating email format to send to these supervisors...

I still await response from Manitoba and Saskatchewan....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by twizer(f): 9:42pm On Mar 12, 2013
@ earthgreeners, CONGRATulations! What's taking manitoba and Saskatchewan so long to make a decision? Hv you been in contact with any of them recently regarding graduate admissions? its so hard to wait mehn!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 12, 2013
earthgreeners:

I have begin hunting for a supervisor, can someone please send me a more captivating email format to send to these supervisors...

Congrats at this stage and hurray at the next.This is where the problem lies..hunting and convincing those supervisors is an ache.My bro is swinging back to US because of no Supervisor or willingness to be.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pamraider1(f): 10:46pm On Mar 12, 2013
I honestly commend d grt work in dis forum, I wana get actively involved. To start wit i wana apply for PGD in any college in CA dat d application process won't exceed one month as against fall 2013, ur suggestion plssss just name any plss.tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sampitts(m): 11:03pm On Mar 12, 2013
pls guys i want to knw if i can use a foreign bank statement bcose my bro in usa has offered to gv me his. Also is thr any disadvantage to using a foreign bs?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GboyegaD(m): 11:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
Just got another offer from University of Waterloo with a better fellowship than University of Calgary. I'm yet to decide which one to go with however, I think its gonna be Calgary all the way. I am rejecting all my US offers out rightly.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deaero: 12:08am On Mar 13, 2013
sampitts: pls guys i want to knw if i can use a foreign bank statement bcose my bro in usa has offered to gv me his. Also is there any disadvantage to using a foreign bs?
you can get bank statement from pluto, there is no this advantage...but you have to show a ties with ur broda and write a letter stating clearly that you are truly related and strong reasons why he is sponsoring. Make available pictures with him and family.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 12:09am On Mar 13, 2013
pamraider1: I honestly commend d grt work in dis forum, I wana get actively involved. To start wit i wana apply for PGD in any college in CA dat d application process won't exceed one month as against fall 2013, ur suggestion plssss just name any plss.tanx
Check this colleges;Mohawk,Humber and Niagra colleges.They are nice schools.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 4:22am On Mar 13, 2013
GboyegaD: Just got another offer from University of Waterloo with a better fellowship than University of Calgary. I'm yet to decide which one to go with however, I think its gonna be Calgary all the way. I am rejecting all my US offers out rightly.
What course are you going for in both schools.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 4:23am On Mar 13, 2013
sampitts: pls guys i want to knw if i can use a foreign bank statement bcose my bro in usa has offered to gv me his. Also is there any disadvantage to using a foreign bs?
de aero: you can get bank statement from pluto, there is no this advantage...but you have to show a ties with ur broda and write a letter stating clearly that you are truly related and strong reasons why he is sponsoring. Make available pictures with him and family.
Well said @de aero.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 4:35am On Mar 13, 2013
earthgreeners:

Try to read through the profile and papers of your prospective supervisors. Most of them use master's students to build their own profiles and help with their own research hence your interest/experience should normally align with theirs . You may also want to mail current or past students especially research students in your department for insider hints. Reason being that some Profs might be going on sabbatical or short on funding whereas some other may actually be in need of students and are ready to fund them.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GboyegaD(m): 5:28am On Mar 13, 2013
bumdish:
What course are you going for in both schools.

Economics - PhD.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sampitts(m): 6:10am On Mar 13, 2013
bumdish:

Well said @de aero.
Thanks guys, well noted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 13, 2013
earthgreeners:

I will get u one or two...but they are my brother's.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 13, 2013
earthgreeners:

You've to look at those (attached file) and get the clue you need to write urs.His were as a part of getting allowed to apply for admission but your case is a part of getting allowed to be enrolled.Most importantly do not fail to proof-read or allow another person crosscheck. All the best bro.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iamsaheed(m): 8:31am On Mar 13, 2013
@all...please how much would i get the police report for and how long does it take?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pamraider1(f): 8:31am On Mar 13, 2013
Pls do I need TOEFL to apply 4 PGD in ontario colleges and can my transcript be scanned or mail to dem. Who has applied to any of ontario college, pls let me know how you went about it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 9:56am On Mar 13, 2013
i_am_saheed: @all...please how much would i get the police report for and how long does it take?

#5,000 to #3,000 depending on how best u can relate with them and it takes jus 1hrs to get it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.