Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,322 members, 7,853,486 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:34 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (512600 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 6:36pm On Mar 11, 2013
2_precious:
Please where did u get this info? Are we suppose to visit their office @Anifowoshe, I think they only attend to people on Wednesdays(early hours), please update me

yea...... U go to deir office @Anifowoshe, V.I and they attend to people anyday of the week. Wednesday are meant for those who want to submit applications. Goodluck to u all

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ulo123: 7:13pm On Mar 11, 2013
I really wonder why it takes 2 months+ again after medicals...what are they still verifying
However, TRV awaitees, be hopeful; it will come soonest and will not delay...

kayce43: Just got this useful info n felt I should share,.if ur medicals has bin Over 2months, u need to make out Time to visit d embassy n fill an enquiry form to enquire abt ur pending application, vry important, hrd d mail is not so effective like d enquiry form , also make sure u go early...cheers.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 7:26pm On Mar 11, 2013
Robbie37:

Every station… wow! I hope they know of this, our policemen that is. It'll make quite the difference

I believe they are aware, just ask to speak to the S/O when you get to the station
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jennyfar: 8:25pm On Mar 11, 2013
kayce43:
A vry reliable source, I dunno wen they do attend to pple , went tru an agency so they have bin doin all dat on my behalf...

Pls which agency?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 8:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
Where is kelly4top?? na the guy wey get insider .lol

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 9:13pm On Mar 11, 2013
ezme:

Due to the FSB BEA scholarship, every police station now has the authority to issue police clearance. I believe it is same document, prints of all five fingers of your right hand are taken and a passport photo is affixed and stamped. I believe that is same with what you get at Alagbon.

Those Mopol go use people do anyhow. I would rather stick with the devil I know at Alagbon..just my opinion
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 9:14pm On Mar 11, 2013
@jennyfar, maple is d agent,.@mozo.Kelly4top has gotn his German visa , am sure dats y he's not filling us in anymore, he shld be in Germany now...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iamsaheed(m): 9:15pm On Mar 11, 2013
Huzzie:
TEAM SPRING/SUMMER 2013

1. Huzzie PG Brock Jan 21
2. Olufemi14 PG conestoga college awaiting TRV
3. Kayce43 PG Conestoga awaiting TRV
4. Zionspecie PG UNBC awaiting TRV
5. Iwinosajack ? awaiting TRV
6. Sampitts PG Queensu ?

N.B- If you have a May start date please indicate. You would have to indicate your level, university/college and submission date.

Updated list.

For: SUMMER/SPRING APPLICANT
please what is the use of this? are you a pastor or an Imam? no offence

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Etinosajay(m): 9:19pm On Mar 11, 2013
Guys, got an issue bugging me. Is it that its not possible for an uncle to be a sponsor? I know its better for parents to sponsor, but I've lived all of my life with my uncle. Should be a simple thing I guess
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by olufemi14(m): 9:24pm On Mar 11, 2013
@kaycee43: me self dey use agent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deaero: 9:34pm On Mar 11, 2013
@ all i ve been following this post from the page 1 and 2 now am on 3, I read the stories of the likes ebugirl,newacca,paschal, xtus and so much more. I thank you all for enlightening me on certain things I did not know about packaging my application. I was refused TRV in 2011 reasons 1. I did not satisfy the consular that 1. Have no sufficient fund and available resources, without working in canada,to maintain myself and any family members who are accomp. During my proposed period of study 2. Have a sufficient and available financial resources, without working in canada, to pay the cost of transporting myself and any members who are accompanying me to and fro. 3.Insufficient proof of relationship with sponsor and Insufficient proof of source of Fund. I have been able to to rectify my mistakes...am planing to apply for next winter for a second degree, I had already establish to them that am in a university. My first sponsor was my dads friend and I didn't even put an affidavits. I have approached my uncle who bears my dads brother, he owns his business organization which is also registered in family name. And he is ready to employ me after studies. I have planned to get dox like tax clearance, company registration, and letter from his bank that he is the sole signatory. Plus am adding land dox on my name, am putting 2M in my own acct. In respect that he paid it in for me. Then statement of purpose I can take care of that;due to my shaky degree here and doing a course that will help grow the organization immensely(computer science) I had formally studied industrial chemistry. Now my question is why did they consul include my family,When am the only one on this trip? 2. Is changing a sponsor going to affect my application? 3. I was 21 when I first applied now am 23 does it matter(I knw it doesn't from previous posts I read)? 4. I will not be able to have my final transcript. By the time am applying but I will be gradging this year , do I have a professor in my current department or HOD write a letter as I did before telling them my Univ. transcripts is not yet ready?. Am applying to MUN. Everybody should help answer my question!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 9:36pm On Mar 11, 2013
olufemi14: @kaycee43: me self dey use agent.
Nice one.....wat we need now is for d visas to come out on time , ds wait can make somebody go gaga..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deaero: 9:45pm On Mar 11, 2013
de aero: @ all i ve been following this post from the page 1 and 2 now am on 3, I read the stories of the likes ebugirl,newacca,paschal, xtus and so much more. I thank you all for enlightening me on certain things I did not know about packaging my application. I was refused TRV in 2011 reasons 1. I did not satisfy the consular that 1. Have no sufficient fund and available resources, without working in canada,to maintain myself and any family members who are accomp. During my proposed period of study 2. Have a sufficient and available financial resources, without working in canada, to pay the cost of transporting myself and any members who are accompanying me to and fro. 3.Insufficient proof of relationship with sponsor and Insufficient proof of source of Fund. I have been able to to rectify my mistakes...am planing to apply for next winter for a second degree, I had already establish to them that am in a university. My first sponsor was my dads friend and I didn't even put an affidavits. I have approached my uncle who bears my dads brother, he owns his business organization which is also registered in family name. And he is ready to employ me after studies. I have planned to get dox like tax clearance, company registration, and letter from his bank that he is the sole signatory. Plus am adding land dox on my name, am putting 2M in my own acct. In respect that he paid it in for me. Then statement of purpose I can take care of that;due to my shaky degree here and doing a course that will help grow the organization immensely(computer science) I had formally studied industrial chemistry. Now my question is why did they consul include my family,When am the only one on this trip? 2. Is changing a sponsor going to affect my application? 3. I was 21 when I first applied now am 23 does it matter(I knw it doesn't from previous posts I read)? 4. I will not be able to have my final transcript. By the time am applying but I will be gradging this year , do I have a professor in my current department or HOD write a letter as I did before telling them my Univ. transcripts is not yet ready?. Am applying to MUN. Everybody should help answer my question!
umm please peeps should answer my question
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 10:01pm On Mar 11, 2013
de aero: @ all i ve been following this post from the page 1 and 2 now am on 3, I read the stories of the likes ebugirl,newacca,paschal, xtus and so much more. I thank you all for enlightening me on certain things I did not know about packaging my application. I was refused TRV in 2011 reasons 1. I did not satisfy the consular that 1. Have no sufficient fund and available resources, without working in canada,to maintain myself and any family members who are accomp. During my proposed period of study 2. Have a sufficient and available financial resources, without working in canada, to pay the cost of transporting myself and any members who are accompanying me to and fro. 3.Insufficient proof of relationship with sponsor and Insufficient proof of source of Fund. I have been able to to rectify my mistakes...am planing to apply for next winter for a second degree, I had already establish to them that am in a university. My first sponsor was my dads friend and I didn't even put an affidavits. I have approached my uncle who bears my dads brother, he owns his business organization which is also registered in family name. And he is ready to employ me after studies. I have planned to get dox like tax clearance, company registration, and letter from his bank that he is the sole signatory. Plus am adding land dox on my name, am putting 2M in my own acct. In respect that he paid it in for me. Then statement of purpose I can take care of that;due to my shaky degree here and doing a course that will help grow the organization immensely(computer science) I had formally studied industrial chemistry. Now my question is why did they consul include my family,When am the only one on this trip? 2. Is changing a sponsor going to affect my application? 3. I was 21 when I first applied now am 23 does it matter(I knw it doesn't from previous posts I read)? 4. I will not be able to have my final transcript. By the time am applying but I will be gradging this year , do I have a professor in my current department or HOD write a letter as I did before telling them my Univ. transcripts is not yet ready?. Am applying to MUN. Everybody should help answer my question!

Well in regards to ur post.......
1. Changing of field does not matter in as much as u can prove why u going for that particular course in the field.
2. Changing a sponsor will not affect ur application BUT wht will affect ur application is if u fail to prove/show how the sponsor is related to you and why would ur sponsor (uncle) spend such millions on u. (Mind u, when it comes to sponsor so many factors shuld b consider like sponsor dependent, source of income, relationship to applicant etc)
3. Ur age does not matter @ all. U still young and u even @ d upper side when it comes to age.
4. Transcript - I will suggest u apply for ur transcript and tell them (the office of the registrar @ ur school) to print out from year 1 to ur present year (dats if u have written 1st semester exam) if NO, then print out year 1 to year 3 and the Registrar office should attached a letter along with it addressing the fact that ur final year grades is not yet available and that the embassy can contact them for verification.

Wish u all the best and goodluck wit ur app.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Etinosajay(m): 10:16pm On Mar 11, 2013
@Everyone using an agent. Its a good idea, but it doesn't guarantee you a TRV. Only God does. I intend to use God alone, when I'm ready.

Anyone applying to Simon Fraser, U of Alberta, U of sask? PG?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 10:35pm On Mar 11, 2013
@etino if u can package ur application urself without any agent's help, u will save a lotta money ,so I wish u all d best, a lot of nairalanders have done it demselves n they were successful...so ur on d rite track,no agency gives visa, Only God...so carry go nuffin do u at all

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deaero: 10:38pm On Mar 11, 2013
I showed them my first year transcript when I applied the first time I could get the composite result sheet from my course rep and Notify, cos getting transcript from my sch is really going to be a long thing. How do I show our ties of course we share same surname what more can I show as ties with him apart from pix? I need documents suggestion, cos really he is my Uncle. I ve seen people suggest I'd cards I don't know how this will prove he is my uncle?. And @xtus I want to knw why the consul included my family when they are joining me? Add me on YIM @neffykris04@yahoo.com and any other expert here...I am also on BBM

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 10:39pm On Mar 11, 2013
mozo: Where is kelly4top?? na the guy wey get insider .lol

Kelly4top is in germany now left few days ago don't think he still has latest info
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by teexzle: 11:10pm On Mar 11, 2013
Hey kaycee pls wich agent r u using
kayce43:
A vry reliable source, I dunno wen they do attend to pple , went tru an agency so they have bin doin all dat on my behalf...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by teexzle: 11:19pm On Mar 11, 2013
Got it @kaycee, how much is there fee,
kayce43:
Nice one.....wat we need now is for d visas to come out on time , ds wait can make somebody go gaga..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by teexzle: 11:20pm On Mar 11, 2013
Which 1 r u using and how much is d agency fee
olufemi14: @kaycee43: me self dey use agent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by damselle00: 11:58pm On Mar 11, 2013
dejive: Pls house. Like how much must be in one's sponsors acc to be eligible to apply for a college in canada with N2million tuition fee? Tanx. Anticipating a swift response.

Nobody seems to be interested in helping me answer dis question.dis is my second time of askin witout anybody replying.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ZionSpecie(m): 12:12am On Mar 12, 2013
ezme:

Due to the FSB BEA scholarship, every police station now has the authority to issue police clearance. I believe it is same document, prints of all five fingers of your right hand are taken and a passport photo is affixed and stamped. I believe that is same with what you get at Alagbon.
Hey @ezme were u the one that put up a post about eternity not long ago? If you are, I'd like to share some things wt u if u dn't mind. It's much more than can be posted on a thread. I'm sori for bringing up anoda issue on dis thread. So so sorry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ZionSpecie(m): 12:26am On Mar 12, 2013
damselle00:

Nobody seems to be interested in helping me answer dis question.dis is my second time of askin witout anybody replying.
Hi bro/sis, there's no specific amount but here's one thing they like to consider: the current balance should be able to pay for your tuition, feeding, boarding and miscillaneous expenses for one year and still be left with enough money to cater for all other dependents of your sponsor (as you listed in the form) and if it is a business account, the balance should be reasonable enough to cater for business needs. One more thing: the flow of cash in and out of the account within that period of time is almost more important than the balance. But most importantly, even if it seems it doesn't look like you're 100% on point, the grace of God is sufficient. Trust rather in God than in the documents. Shalom!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 12:36am On Mar 12, 2013
ZionSpecie:
Hey @ezme were u the one that put up a post about eternity not long ago? If you are, I'd like to share some things wt u if u dn't mind. It's much more than can be posted on a thread. I'm sori for bringing up anoda issue on dis thread. So so sorry

Send me a PM, so I have a medium to reach you privately.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GboyegaD(m): 3:26am On Mar 12, 2013
To the gurus, please I need some information. I tried reading through the website but there is something I am not clear on. I have been admitted with a 4year guaranteed fellowship for my program, do I need to submit my sponsor's statement to the embassy? If yes, is it just enough money to cover a year but it has to be more than that?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 4:26am On Mar 12, 2013
de aero: I showed them my first year transcript when I applied the first time I could get the composite result sheet from my course rep and Notify, cos getting transcript from my sch is really going to be a long thing. How do I show our ties of course we share same surname what more can I show as ties with him apart from pix? I need documents suggestion, cos really he is my Uncle. I ve seen people suggest I'd cards I don't know how this will prove he is my uncle?. And @xtus I want to knw why the consul included my family when they are joining me? Add me on YIM @neffykris04@yahoo.com and any other expert here...I am also on BBM

Inbox me ur BB pin, thnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Etinosajay(m): 5:02am On Mar 12, 2013
GboyegaD: To the gurus, please I need some information. I tried reading through the website but there is something I am not clear on. I have been admitted with a 4year guaranteed fellowship for my program, do I need to submit my sponsor's statement to the embassy? If yes, is it just enough money to cover a year but it has to be more than that?

@GboyegaD

Firstly, Big congratulations. Now to your question, It is expected at that level that you wouldn't spend much, since you are a PhD aspirant. My guess is that you should still show a statement of account which can cater for your living expenses in the first year. There were people who had scholarships or funding in the past, and were denied TRV because the embassy was interested in how they would cope if that funding was withdrawn or deficient. Think along that line. Other peeps may add
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Etinosajay(m): 5:07am On Mar 12, 2013
kayce43: @etino if u can package ur application urself without any agent's help, u will save a lotta money ,so I wish u all d best, a lot of nairalanders have done it demselves n they were successful...so ur on d rite track,no agency gives visa, Only God...so carry go nuffin do u at all

@kaycee43

I know I am in the right place and in company of successful and blessed people. With God, Impossibility is nothing. I would rely also on guidance from experienced members here
@siga @earthgreeners @ebugirl @fhemmmy @Delta007 @kaycee43 @slamdunk99 @bullstriker @hotsteppers @newacca @justabouteveryone

I've applied to Simon Fraser, U of Alberta, and U of Saskatchewan for Masters of Public Health. May God take us to the finish line
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 6:25am On Mar 12, 2013
GboyegaD: To the gurus, please I need some information. I tried reading through the website but there is something I am not clear on. I have been admitted with a 4year guaranteed fellowship for my program, do I need to submit my sponsor's statement to the embassy? If yes, is it just enough money to cover a year but it has to be more than that?

Guy I will suggest that just act for a second like u weren't given any followship and think of wht kind of bank statement u could get from ur sponsor...... U knw is better to play safe by getting a good bank statement and submit wit ur fellowship letter, than focusing mainly on ur fellowship and submitting a WEAK bank statement.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GboyegaD(m): 7:30am On Mar 12, 2013
Etinosajay:

@kaycee43

I know I am in the right place and in company of successful and blessed people. With God, Impossibility is nothing. I would rely also on guidance from experienced members here
@siga @earthgreeners @ebugirl @fhemmmy @Delta007 @kaycee43 @slamdunk99 @bullstriker @hotsteppers @newacca @justabouteveryone

xtus:

Guy I will suggest that just act for a second like u weren't given any followship and think of wht kind of bank statement u could get from ur sponsor...... U knw is better to play safe by getting a good bank statement and submit wit ur fellowship letter, than focusing mainly on ur fellowship and submitting a WEAK bank statement.

I've applied to Simon Fraser, U of Alberta, and U of Saskatchewan for Masters of Public Health. May God take us to the finish line

Thanks a lot. I will get her statement soonest. However, I keep hearing people say that your sponsor must bear same last name with you. In my case, my sponsor does not have same last name with me. Therefore, can I supply my account statement if I have just about $12k.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Burningflamz: 7:31am On Mar 12, 2013
Am a KCOB,bro
Floreat
mozo:

Guy, you just copy and paste my entire school anthem lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.