Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,433 members, 7,853,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:49 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (512682 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iamsaheed(m): 6:29pm On Mar 09, 2013
teexzle: Hi saheed, did u get admision frm MUN too..
nope got mine from Keyano in Alberta Calgary
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 6:46pm On Mar 09, 2013
ronakoks:

apologies mr imperiouxx. but you insult me again by implying that i'm wayward. please read you comment very well before you post it.

Please go ahead and apply for the transfer of credits to a Canadian school bro...i feel your line of argument of why being in US for six years with no PR prospect while you can be in Canada that long and comfortably earn your citizenship. All the best on your moves !

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jimmyjerry07(m): 8:44pm On Mar 09, 2013
Incase u don't know d scholarship is meant for dose currently in 200level in selected courses for 9ja...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bullstriker: 8:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
i_am_saheed: nope got mine from Keyano in Alberta Calgary
@ i_am_saheed,I applied to same keyano college at alberta. I will pm u for us to chat.but did u say calgary?I thought is fort mcmurray.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 09, 2013
imperiouxx:

God bless you. This shows that ronakoks has shallow ideas of what he was talking about. With his MS in Biology, he can choose to specialize on lucrative fields in Biology and there are lot of biotech and gene synthesis labs in US..... Fine! I agreed that there are Americans for the job too because Americans studied Bio at graduate level more than any other fields but instead of stepping down to UG/PG like he wants for PR and which might jeopardize his getting the TRV, why can't he just step up for the same reason anywhere he likes and see which will pay off.

Easy bro...I remember when you were active on US students' thread and I never knew Imperiouxx comes in here too. Just do what you can as career satisfaction is at stake and above all PR. Sometimes we see some decisions as 'money fritters' but obviously you're from another boat.I am even looking at Down Under even without scholarships...once you are getting done with ur Ms, u can see the clear pathway to achieve the PR...my lil bro will be heading Canada...he's put off with G and G in the US.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ronakoks: 9:33pm On Mar 09, 2013
ferdimako:

Easy bro...I remember when you were active on US students' thread and I never knew Imperiouxx comes in here too. Just do what you can as career satisfaction is at stake and above all PR. Sometimes we see some decisions as 'money fritters' but obviously you're from another boat.I am even looking at Down Under even without scholarships...once you are getting done with ur Ms, u can see the clear pathway to achieve the PR...my lil bro will be heading Canada...he's put off with G and G in the US.

yes your right what matters is where and what you be doing 5 to 10 years from now after your programme.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by teexzle: 11:53pm On Mar 09, 2013
Wats g n g
ferdimako:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Yvete(f): 12:12am On Mar 10, 2013
Lol Imperiouxx. Welcome to Reality! Attitude is everything. People forget quite easily... SMH
Just a reminder (from Dec. 2012).

imperiouxx: news as that Ronakoks always makes me happy and wanted to help more.
imperiouxx: ....I'm just so happy about this ronakoks guy. Haba! wink

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by imperiouxx(m): 1:04am On Mar 10, 2013
Yvete: Lol Imperiouxx. Welcome to reality! Attitude is everything.
Just a reminder (Dec. 2012).

Hmmm! Yvete, such is life.... You know I always like seeing prospective students succeeding with their visa applications and the joy of scaling that embassy hurdle. Still this won't stop me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 10, 2013
teexzle: Wats g n g

guns and gays.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 8:43pm On Mar 10, 2013
mercylicious:

There is nothing wrong wit informing u of sources of scholarship in a thread where there are ppl dt want to study abroad.
Also of note is dt PTDF scholarship is currently on.
I no longer have the link. Xtus and my other bb friends, please help d house wit the link I sent u.

http://ptdf.cinfores.com/
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 9:14am On Mar 11, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iamsaheed(m): 10:54am On Mar 11, 2013
bullstriker: 0
@ i_am_saheed,I applied to same keyano college at alberta. I will pm u for us to chat.but did u say calgary?I thought is fort mcmurray.
sorry yea its fort McMurray....did u get my mail?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jennyfar: 12:21pm On Mar 11, 2013
Guys can the police clearance be done at any station?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Robbie37: 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2013
jennyfar: Guys can the police clearance be done at any station?

No Jenny, a police station can not issue you a clearance.
You should head for CID headquarter. If you are in Lagos, Alagbon South West Ikoyi is your destination. All the best!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jennyfar: 12:52pm On Mar 11, 2013
Robbie37:

No Jenny, a police station can not issue you a clearance.
You should head for CID headquarter. If you are in Lagos, Alagbon South West Ikoyi is your destination. All the best!

Thanks Robbie, I'm in port harcourt. I hope The state CID office is ok. What about the prepaid courier envelope, where can it be gotten? Can I have ur email address?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 2:20pm On Mar 11, 2013
Just got this useful info n felt I should share,.if ur medicals has bin Over 2months, u need to make out Time to visit d embassy n fill an enquiry form to enquire abt ur pending application, vry important, hrd d mail is not so effective like d enquiry form , also make sure u go early...cheers.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jimmyjerry07(m): 2:21pm On Mar 11, 2013
This week shall be filled with lots of goodies'....trv, medical and acceptance IJN

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Robbie37: 2:27pm On Mar 11, 2013
jennyfar:

Thanks Robbie, I'm in port harcourt. I hope The state CID office is ok. What about the prepaid courier envelope, where can it be gotten? Can I have ur email address?

State CID should do it... Prepaid courier envelope, just get to DHL, TNT, UPS etc, they all do it not sure about NIPOST's EMS though...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 3:11pm On Mar 11, 2013
Just go to your state's CID police headquarters...they will take ur finger prints and send it to lagos...it takes like a week.most importantly go with one passport photograph,a photocopy of your intl passport and ur CASH.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 11, 2013
Pls house. Like how much must be in one's sponsors acc to be eligible to apply for a college in canada with N2million tuition fee? Tanx. Anticipating a swift response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 4:43pm On Mar 11, 2013
kayce43: Just got this useful info n felt I should share,.if ur medicals has bin Over 2months, u need to make out Time to visit d embassy n fill an enquiry form to enquire abt ur pending application, vry important, hrd d mail is not so effective like d enquiry form , also make sure u go early...cheers.

This..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efewhoa: 4:48pm On Mar 11, 2013
teexzle: Hw much is tuition and what province is ds school
2.7m and it's in ontario.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Huzzie: 5:22pm On Mar 11, 2013
TEAM SPRING/SUMMER 2013

1. Huzzie PG Brock Jan 21
2. Olufemi14 PG conestoga college awaiting TRV
3. Kayce43 PG Conestoga awaiting TRV
4. Zionspecie PG UNBC awaiting TRV
5. Iwinosajack ? awaiting TRV
6. Sampitts PG Queensu ?

N.B- If you have a May start date please indicate. You would have to indicate your level, university/college and submission date.

Updated list.

For: SUMMER/SPRING APPLICANT
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Huzzie: 5:33pm On Mar 11, 2013
What's happening in the house? it has been dry lately. TRV awaitees any update,those that submitted early Jan have you be called for Medicals.I can smelt TRV and Medical calls in the house this week insha Allahu.
P.s let's update the house with the news of Medicals/TRV.cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by 2precious: 5:45pm On Mar 11, 2013
kayce43: Just got this useful info n felt I should share,.if ur medicals has bin Over 2months, u need to make out Time to visit d embassy n fill an enquiry form to enquire abt ur pending application, vry important, hrd d mail is not so effective like d enquiry form , also make sure u go early...cheers.
Please where did u get this info? Are we suppose to visit their office @Anifowoshe, I think they only attend to people on Wednesdays(early hours), please update me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 6:04pm On Mar 11, 2013
kayce43: UpdatedList of Applicants through with Medicals, awaiting TRV

@Kayce 43 January 7th, Asaju, Lagos
@Kenniy January 8th , Ikoyi clinic
@2_precious January 10th Ikoyi clinic
@Oc (kayce43's friend) January 9th Asaju clinic
@lus@5 February 5th, Abuja
@Olufemi14 February 11th Asaju Lagos
@Iwinosajack February 15th Lagos
@Zionspecie March 1st

This is our week by Gods grace...Amen!!!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 6:07pm On Mar 11, 2013
2_precious:
Please where did u get this info? Are we suppose to visit their office @Anifowoshe, I think they only attend to people on Wednesdays(early hours), please update me
A vry reliable source, I dunno wen they do attend to pple , went tru an agency so they have bin doin all dat on my behalf...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 6:22pm On Mar 11, 2013

Due to the FSB BEA scholarship, every police station now has the authority to issue police clearance. I believe it is same document, prints of all five fingers of your right hand are taken and a passport photo is affixed and stamped. I believe that is same with what you get at Alagbon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Robbie37: 6:35pm On Mar 11, 2013
ezme:

Due to the FSB BEA scholarship, every police station now has the authority to issue police clearance. I believe it is same document, prints of all five fingers of your right hand are taken and a passport photo is affixed and stamped. I believe that is same with what you get at Alagbon.

Every station… wow! I hope they know of this, our policemen that is. It'll make quite the difference

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.