Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda (14643 Views)

Peter Obi And Wife Spotted At Heathrow Airport, London - Photos / Peter Obi And Obiano At A Burial Ceremony (picture) / Who Is The Grand Master Of Propaganda: AIT Or TVC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by SisiKill1: 5:22pm On Jun 15, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

What is wrong wit u guys sef?!!! Why quote the whole thing?

Please direct me to the rule section where it says we are not allowed to quote, until you do. . .STFU and STFD!!

Thank you!! smiley

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by Cleverley(m): 5:26pm On Jun 15, 2012
Some nairalander are Sponsored to write and defend builshit!!! I'm on my own.!
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by aljharem(m): 5:29pm On Jun 15, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmm, how I wish Nigerians understand
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by onyengbu: 5:31pm On Jun 15, 2012

A more diligent writer would have gone beyond the generalisations supplied by paid researchers to note that there has been no bank robbery in Anambra State for the better half of a year now. The state chose to equip the police, which has so far got over 300 vehicles, communication gadgets and offered other forms of logistical support.
^^^^ even in Onitsha too? Even at that skye bank by the 'mouth' of main market? Ok oo..

Local governments like Anambra East, Anambra West, Ogbaru and Ayamelum got roads for the first time under Obi. On record today, there are over 600 kms of physically measurable major (and interconnecting) roads, built within the last six years.
^^^ these roads what are their qualities? With how much were they constructed compared with what RCC did bw 2003 and 2006. We need figures abeg.
The 1000 housing units making up the second phase of Ngozika Estate have all been completely bought; with the state government under pressure to build 10,000 more. This is poverty, per excellence!
Did Obi build the houses at Ngozika estate? Did he? Cheii!!!

Anambra has special funds in the Bank of Industry (BoI) for manufacturers. Obi laid the foundation stone for the construction of Innoson Motor Manufacturing Company, built the road leading to the factory and invited President Goodluck Jonathan to inaugurate it. Cutic cable in Nnewi has a related story and there is close interface with firms like Chikason, Orange Drugs and other manufacturing companies in the state says a lot more than can be gleaned from El-Rufa’i’s analysis.
All these industries has been existing before Obi and please, how does laying a foundation stone in someone elses factory and calling your friend to inaugurate it amount to achievement? Egwu dikwa!

Infact make I leave this man to his lies sef. His time go soon pass, we are only waiting...
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by onyengbu: 5:33pm On Jun 15, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Please direct me to the rule section where it says we are not allowed to quote, until you do. . .STFU and STFD!!

Thank you!! smiley
I see your friend in stupidity 'LIKED' your post. And im sorry you guys havent seen it before but it is written just under the left valley of your arse!
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by aljharem(m): 5:38pm On Jun 15, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

I see your friend in stupidity 'LIKED' your post. And im sorry you guys havent seen it before but it is written just under the left valley of your arse!

C'mon, why the insults.
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by ACM10: 5:39pm On Jun 15, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

Is that why you have to quote the whole post? Nnaaaaaaaa eeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhh!
I bukwa onye ngbu ooooo

grin grin grin grin grin grin
You are the real onye ngbu and I'm following u behind. grin My Ide nna broda, everything Chief Ofordile wrote in that article is a gospel truth. I felt the need to quote it for future reference. I weep for my state

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by SisiKill1: 5:40pm On Jun 15, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

Oh so that was you poking in there. . .was wondering what nasty little bugger I sat on. Ah, well!!

Just don't get too comfortable, I will be expelling you out very soon, one can only take magnanimity so far you know. . .and having the resident troll setting up shop in my arse, is beyond the limits of kindness.
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by onyengbu: 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2012
ACM10:

You are the real onye ngbu and I'm following u behind. grin My Ide nna broda, everything Chief Ofordile wrote in that article is a gospel truth. I felt the need to quote it for future reference. I weep for my state
Of cos naaa. We all know say the man talkm as e see am.
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by onyengbu: 5:43pm On Jun 15, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Oh so that was you poking in there. . .was wondering what nasty little bugger I sat on. Ah, well!!

Just don't get too comfortable, I will be expelling you out very soon, one can only take magnanimity so far you know. . .and having the resident troll setting up shop in my arse, is beyond the limits of kindness.
You need dettol! If it cant take care of your bug infestation, what can? grin grin
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2012
onye_ngbu*:
You people(especially Chino11) always turn peter obi issues into a game of comparing states. That is not the issue here.

This is about Obis failures and propaganda being exposed.

Please bestview/chino, will you stop calling people names and tell us where chudi offodile lied? Can you?

Nwokem,ani Umuoji chukwaa gi oso!!! You are tarnishing the name of a man who has brought massive development in Anambra just because your man Ngige lost the election...Funny thing is that you are so blind to see the reason why Yorubas and Hausas has singled Anambra as their object of attack.....Ezi afa ka ego,nwanne....You will be a coward if you deny the fact that Obi has brought unprecedented transformation to Omanbala....Only men of evil wish are the only ones atacking this great man!!!
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by cantell(m): 5:48pm On Jun 15, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

Chino lives in anambra and im sure somebody like him will table a tenure elongation bill for Obi next year grin
Tenure elongation ke? The mumu is clueless and a thief.
He was the major reason why Dora Akunyili lost in the last elections.
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by MrGlobe(m): 5:51pm On Jun 15, 2012
Yeske!:
Liar anyway his opinion.
So can you state the lie here? cant you point out to a lie here before making yourself sound and look stup!d.
Thank God this is not El Rufai, this is home. Obi is a disappointment, propagandist and BIG FAILURE. Collect your propaganda fees from him and accept the bolded.
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2012
ACM10:

Amarom na ibu nwa Ide; Do you think Obi hasnt really performed?? I want you to speak with your fathers pride in your head.....Given what he has to work with hasnt Obi performed? Unless if am blind!!!
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:57pm On Jun 15, 2012
cantell:

Lets watch what we say!!! Is there any reason why you are calling him a "thief" What has this man done wrong Just because he wont let criminals like you root the state to the ground!!
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by ACM10: 6:04pm On Jun 15, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Amarom na ibu nwa Ide; Do you think Obi hasnt really performed?? I want you to speak with your fathers pride in your head.....Given what he has to work with hasnt Obi performed? Unless if am blind!!!

Nwannem wetue obi ala. We've been moving with gear 3 in terms of development prior to Obi's assumption of office. But he changed it to gear 1 immediately he took over. Remember that federal government allocations that were seized under Ngige was released to him. But he continues to punch below average.

The reconstruction of the old Enugu-Osha road that passed through my town continues to remind me of how far we've regressed in the pace of development.
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On Jun 15, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

What he has to work with? The man has been Governor for well over 5 years. What exactly are you complaining about now?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by bashr8: 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Nwokem,ani Umuoji chukwaa gi oso!!! You are tarnishing the name of a man who has brought massive development in Anambra just because your man Ngige lost the election...Funny thing is that you are so blind to see the reason why Yorubas and Hausas has singled Anambra as their object of attack.....Ezi afa ka ego,nwanne....You will be a coward if you deny the fact that Obi has brought unprecedented transformation to Omanbala....Only men of evil wish are the only ones atacking this great man!!!
dalu nwanne , you just said it as it is , this have nothing to do with whether anambra is performing or not , its just mischief but onye mgbu wont understand because he is too foolish to. tomorrow they will tell him igbos cannot produce president because we are divided he will foolishly shout yes yes.
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by MrGlobe(m): 6:08pm On Jun 15, 2012
merengue: Anambra: The Limits of Propaganda
By Hon. Chudi Offodile

Anyway, I am an Igbo from Anambra State and I state as follows: I do not feel insulted in anyway by the article in question and being from Anambra State, I wish to exercise the right which the Governor graciously granted only the indigenes of Anambra state, which is the right to assess his administration. [/b]

Me too... I stated this clearly in the other opening thread

Peter Obi brought civility into governance in Anambra State at a time politics in the state had degenerated to dangerous and unacceptable levels. That I must concede. But he has also taken, as they say, liberty for license, engaged in needless propaganda, pursuit of federal lucre houseboy and in the process, squandered a golden opportunity to positively transform a fruitful virgin state.

merengue: Propaganda works and it has worked well for Peter Obi, but it has its limit. One of the areas where a lot of propaganda has gone into in Anambra state is road construction. A lot of quality roads were constructed by the Ngige administration. But the present government claimed to have ‘Asphalted’ over 500 km of roads and claims that Anambra State has the best network of roads in the Country. How much did it cost the state, assuming the number is accurate and of what quality?

And these propagandas are paid for.. we have most of the paid sycophants here on this website who can collect cheap monies from the obi government at the expense of their states development. Need I mention their reta.rded handles

As regards the quality of the roads, most indigenes would admit that you can determine which road was done under Ngige and the ones under Peter Obi by the standard. The roads built under Ngige are of a much higher quality. Most of the roads done by Peter Obi will have to be re-awarded, a case of penny wise, pound foolish.

merengue: Another major propaganda point is that the government of Peter Obi has not borrowed while other profligate states have been borrowing recklessly. How can a state with massive infrastructure deficits keep its funds in the bank while the Governor’s major developmental efforts will be in commissioning of bore holes, immunization programmes and giving grants to schools seeking accreditation? How much of the state government money is actually in the bank and can the government come out categorically and deny the rumor that over N150 million is paid out by the ‘banks’ as commission every month? Is there a correlation between these monthly commission payments from the banks and the fact that the average cycle of contracts and payment in the state is two to three years sometimes more in order to maintain a certain minimum bank balance?

FIDELITY BANK PRECISELY OWNED BY PETER OBI AND HE IS USING THE STATE MONEY TO BOOST UP THEIR CAPITAL BASE

merengue: While rebuking El-Rufai for daring to point out the facts about the state, the Governor claimed that he has attracted industries to the state and mentioned two: Innoson Motors and SAB Miller Breweries in Onitsha. Innocent Chukwuma is from Nnewi in Anambra state. His company, Innoson has always been in Nnewi, long before Obi became Governor. It started as a motorcycle assembly plant before moving to buses, and other vehicles. So Peter Obi did not attract Innoson to Anambra State. He considers as a major achievement the fact that he built the road leading to the Innoson factory and brought the President to commission it. Congratulations!

On Sab Miller, the Governor will need to address the rumor making rounds in the state concerning the ownership of 22% of Sab Miller shares. Anambra State Government owns 10% while the remaining 12% is said to be owned by other businessmen from Anambra State. Who are those other businessmen? Since they are not ghosts, it is important that their names be made public to avoid ugly rumors.

THE SABMILLER PROJECT IN ONITSHA IS A SCAM PROJECT OWNED BY PETER OBI. THEY ALSO PROSUCE GRAND MALT WHICH IS ALSO WIDELY KNOWN TO BE OWNED BY PETER OBI

merengue: Talking about investment in the state, the Governor is known to be a successful trader before he became Governor. If the state is so attractive for business, what informed the decision of his own company NEXT International to invest over N12 billion building the two largest shopping malls in Abuja, one in Mabushi and the other in Central Area, opposite federal ministry of transport? The Governor announced proudly that this year, he will pay N32 million as tax in Anambra State. Why invest and create employment outside the state and then pay tax in Anambra State? It is a very strange way of doing things. Anambra State needs the investment and jobs that the Governor outsourced to Abuja and other places. I call on the Governor to publish his tax returns to know exactly where the N32 million income tax is coming from. Is it from dividends or other sources? Since he mentioned it, we need to know more.
[/b]
SMFH

merengue: Anambra State is a rural state and nobody can deny that. [b]It has no airport, no stadium and no good public secondary school. If you fall sick in the state and you are unable to navigate yourself to the Nnamdi Azikiwe Federal University Teaching Hospital, you are finished. The State University Teaching Hospital, Awka, which was ‘commissioned’ by President Jonathan in 2010, is still an ongoing project in 2012. Yet, the money is in the bank! None of the three ‘cities’ within the state; Awka, Onitsha, Nnewi is really habitable. There is no public water supply system in those areas. The Government of Obi competes with individuals in the provision of boreholes all over the state with his so called development partners. No place like that can attract talents who will contribute to the development of the state.

Little wonder then, that two out of every three property/land transactions in Asaba and Enugu involve indigenes of Anambra State. Most members, past and present of Anambra State House of Assembly and Commissioners including most of the bank managers in Anambra State, all have their houses in Asaba and Enugu from where they commute to Anambra State. Why not? Their children have to attend good schools which do not exist in Anambra State. What Obi has managed to achieve in six years, is sustaining the rural status of the state.
[/b]

SO TRUE.. AGAIN SMFH

merengue: The only habitable estate in Awka Capital Territory is the Udoka Housing Estate built by the Chukuemeka Ezeife administration in 1991/92. Across the other side of the Enugu – Onitsha expressway is the Ngozika Estate built by Obi’s government of a quality much lower than the Jakande houses of the eighties. He claims to have secured accreditation for School of Health Technology, Obosi, School of Midwifery, Nkpor, School of Nursing, Iyienu. Fine! But these are institutions built by his predecessors and he is listing securing accreditation as his achievement.

He announced that he invested N4 billion of state funds in Orient Petroleum but it was conceptualized and set up by Dr. Mbadinuju. The Anambra State University was set up by the same Mbadinuju and when Peter Obi builds a faculty building or hostel in the school, he will advertise it as a monumental achievement. Yet he claims that there was nothing on ground when he became Governor of the state. Even the Women Development Centre, Awka which is Anambra’s equivalent of the International Conference Centre, Abuja [Don’t laugh] was built by Mbadinuju. And I ask, apart from the State Secretariat, what project of note has Peter Obi initiated and completed in the past six years?
ANY BODY WHO SAYS ANY GOOD OF THIS FRAUD PETER OBI NEEDS TO BE HANGED.

merengue: Governor Obi has announced two years to the end of his tenure that he will build a new Governor’s Lodge and Governor’s Office before he hands over in March 2014. Informed citizens are asking him not to bother. Since he has lived in a temporary governor’s lodge and operated from a temporary governor’s office for six years there’s no hurry.

Hon. Chudi Offodile is a Lawyer and former member of the House of Representatives who served between 1999-2006 representing Awka North/Awka South Federal Constituency, Anambra State. He was also Chairman of the Public Petitions Committee of the House of Representatives.[/b]
tRUE TALK.. WE DONT WANT ANY LOW QUALITY STUFF FROM THIS FRAUD AGAIN. HE IS FU/CKING UP THE STATES AETHESTICS. HE SHOULD MOVE FROM GOVT HOUSE TO JAIL IN 2014.
CRIMINAL.. VERY CORNEY HUMAN BEING

NICE ONE HONORABLE.... NICE WORK. THE WHOLE TRUTH IN HD
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by aljharem(m): 6:08pm On Jun 15, 2012
Kobojunkie:

What he has to work with? The man has been Governor for well over 5 years. What exactly are you complaining about now?

Gbammm !!!
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by bashr8: 6:11pm On Jun 15, 2012
cantell:
there are so many things you can call obi but thief is not one of them.
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by onyengbu: 6:11pm On Jun 15, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

I am not blind and I can read.

Please Show me pictures. I take God beg you!

Why did they single out Anambra? Why cant they single out Enugu or Imo?
Have you paused to think that maybe, Somebody gave them a reason to single out anambra.
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by onyengbu: 6:14pm On Jun 15, 2012
Kobojunkie: The man has been Governor for well over 5 years.
If na Joke stop am oo. The man is there for SIX years not FIVE.

Dont extend our punishment for us, abeg!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by Kobojunkie: 6:16pm On Jun 15, 2012
Obi has been in office as long as Fashola, Chime, and Amaechi have. So why are there EXCUSES for the dismal state of infrastructure in Anambra after the same 5 years?
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by Kobojunkie: 6:16pm On Jun 15, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

If na Joke stop am oo. The man is there for SIX years not FIVE.

Dont extend our punishment for us, abeg!

ROFLMAO!! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by bashr8: 6:28pm On Jun 15, 2012
Kobojunkie: Obi has been in office as long as Fashola, Chime, and Amaechi have. So why are there EXCUSES for the dismal state of infrastructure in Anambra after the same 5 years?
first of all you cant compare allocation of river and lagos to that of anambra which is very small even with that lagos remains a shit hole as of today , infact fashola and obi are birds of the same feathers all over the media, fact lagos have more ghettos that the whole south east put together, secondly enugu got more beautiful but can never compare to anambra in terms of industry ,employment ,literacy and wealth .

i will like to see u compare anambra with osun , ogun, ekiti ondo and not states that get fat allocations like rivers and lagos
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by onyengbu: 6:33pm On Jun 15, 2012
bashr8: first of all you cant compare allocation of river and lagos to that of anambra which is very small even with that lagos remains a shit hole as of today , infact fashola and obi are birds of the same feathers all over the media, fact lagos have more ghettos that the whole south east put together, secondly enugu got more beautiful but can never compare to anambra in terms of industry ,employment ,literacy and wealth .
Question 1: Did enugu get more beautiful under chime or not?

Question 2: Did all those industry, employment, literacy and wealth got better under Obi or hasnt it been that way before him?

You guys still dont get it, it is about comparing states but it is about a state governor doing badly.
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by bashr8: 6:35pm On Jun 15, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

Question 1: Did enugu get more beautiful under chime or not?

Question 2: Did all those industry, employment, literacy and wealth got better under Obi or hasnt it been that way before him?

You guys still dont get it, it is about comparing states but it is about a state governor doing badly.
enugu have always been beautiful because it is not a commercial state, go and ask lagos, rivers and kano states the dificulties in beautifying a commercial state.
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by onyengbu: 6:37pm On Jun 15, 2012
bashr8: enugu have always been beautiful because it is not a commercial state, go and ask lagos, rivers and kano states the dificulties in beautifying a commercial state.
Did you leave out question 2? grin
Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by oneeast: 6:51pm On Jun 15, 2012
2015 election has taken off and the North chose to start with the king of SE- Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by noiseless: 7:02pm On Jun 15, 2012
Well Obi is not doing "enough" and should really know how he responds to terrorists like HELL RUFAI next time, cos i'm sure Obi could have come up with a jaw tearing uppercuts as a response without saying HELL RUFAI'S criticsm is an insult against ndigbo even if the Rufai's write up has nothing to do with Obi's governance in anambra but a mischievious or hiden agenda. There are alot of things which Obi could have used to land a fatal blow to the malam's hypocritical baboon like face. So Obi should learn how to bring the iritating mosquitos like malam rufai & co to their knees with fatal uppercuts if he (Obi) really felt the punch was below the belt.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda by Dede1(m): 7:20pm On Jun 15, 2012
Anambra State, in fact the entire southeast, is dismal in state of infrastructure and the reason being federal government neglect of the zone. Please could someone inform GEJ to create ministry of southeast. The zone is most affected by the civil war and since the war ended, the federal government has continued the war by starving the region of the necessary fund or allocation.

It is rascally irresponsible on the part of critics of Anambra State and southeast zone who expected the governors from the zone to perform magic. The zone has perennially led the nation in number of school leavers yet the federal government did not found it fit to increase the allocation on education to this zone. However, the same moronic federal government and jaundice-eyed El Rufia will be hearty when the government at center found it fit to push additional revenue to the northern zone for Almajiri camps that saw off Boko Haram.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Building Collapses In Lagos Police Barracks / It Is Unlawful To Send The Fulani Herdsmen Out Of Delta - Okowa / El-Rufai At 2018 Armed Forces Remembrance Celebration In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.