Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm (14826 Views)

Reps Suspend Plan To Purchase Exotic Cars / Court Renews Arrest Warrant On Tompolo, Orders Security Agencies To Produce Him / Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by mbhs139(m): 10:14pm On Jun 15, 2012
Kobojunkie:

What in the world are you on about again? Otedola's companies had the chance to fight the recommendations in the courts to begin with. This does not change anything of that. Whether all his companies are put back on the list, or the EFCC instead investigates 2 of them, that he was fingered gives him power to take the issue to the courts where it will all be decided.

His having video evidence of some scandal does not, and should not change any of the findings during the probe.

Aren't we saying the same thing? I think we are saying the same thing in different ways, or am I not getting myself clear?

But I sincerely believe that putting his companies back on the list when implementing the report without ironing out the bribe issue to it's logical conclusion is a most bizarre thing to do.Am I correct?

Besides, the integrity of that report has been eroded in it's entirety going by recent events. And I also strongly think that Femi's evidence should be weighty enough (if at all they are available) to exonerate him or get conviction for Farouq, and I think that can only be done, not in the house, but in the court of law.

1 Like

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by ifihearam: 10:14pm On Jun 15, 2012
So on what grounds did they give the speaker of the house a vote of confidence?
Because one of his principal officers is a crook or what?
Investigating Otedola's company as far as I am concern is more or less a retribution because he nailed on of them to the cross,they should not forget Otedola has the backing of the presidency so nothing absolutely nothing will happen to him but farouk will be dealt with as a deterrent to the others.

1 Like

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by ebamma(m): 10:15pm On Jun 15, 2012
who dem wan deceive i bet u by next month none of us will hear anyting concerning dis probe.

1 Like

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by tunapawizzy: 10:29pm On Jun 15, 2012
The dishonourable legislators know one of their own is already down n what they are trying to do is to take the otedola down along with farouk. Its not gona be easy for them though. In Nigeria the President is d Almighty. D kind of system we run is faulty..d president can do and undo. Telling efcc to investigate otedola is like telling goodluck to investigate himself. As it is d worst the house can do is to threaten gej with impeachment moves if e doesn't act on d recommendation but I doubt they can successfully pull dt joker, because DavidMark and d useless idiots in d senate are all in gej's pocket. It looks like they will amicably settle dis thing thru deir demonic PDP family affair. People dis people will continue to rape us..I believe our only chance is 2015. Let's kick dis demonic association called pdp out of power. PDP is evil...we will never grow with them in power. Oilblock contracts will be renewed between 2015 n 2019..if we let them stay beyond 2015, we are in for it in dis country. TY danjuma alone has 2 oilblocks, abebe family (obasanjo's inlaw) have stakes in one, this people have shared our common wealth yet we go still dey vote for dem, farouk/otedola issue na game dem dey use us play. Farouk is using us to strategize for hausa presidency in 2015, otedola is trying to render dem useless for goodluck so dat gej will pay him back with oil block. People let's open our eyes, PDP is evil, ths their bribery wahala will be settled amicably, mark my words...but let's not forget our weapon is 2015... PDP must go

2 Likes

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by mekaboy(m): 10:33pm On Jun 15, 2012
WILL THEY STILL INVITE OBJ TO EXPLAIN WHAT HE MEANT BY CALLING THEM ROGUES AND CRIMINALS? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by Sammiecrown(m): 10:33pm On Jun 15, 2012
So OBJ is right when he said all of them is corrupt. It is a great shame.God will continue to expose them and HE will save us. I love Nigeria.
Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by Beaf: 10:37pm On Jun 15, 2012
tunapawizzy: The dishonourable legislators know one of their own is already down n what they are trying to do is to take the otedola down along with farouk. Its not gona be easy for them though. In Nigeria the President is d Almighty. D kind of system we run is faulty..d president can do and undo. Telling efcc to investigate otedola is like telling goodluck to investigate himself. As it is d worst the house can do is to threaten gej with impeachment moves if e doesn't act on d recommendation but I doubt they can successfully pull dt joker, because DavidMark and d useless idiots in d senate are all in gej's pocket. It looks like they will amicably settle dis thing thru deir demonic PDP family affair. People dis people will continue to rape us..I believe our only chance is 2015. Let's kick dis demonic association called pdp out of power. PDP is evil...we will never grow with them in power. Oilblock contracts will be renewed between 2015 n 2019..if we let them stay beyond 2015, we are in for it in dis country. TY danjuma alone has 2 oilblocks, abebe family (obasanjo's inlaw) have stakes in one, this people have shared our common wealth yet we go still dey vote for dem, farouk/otedola issue na game dem dey use us play. Farouk is using us to strategize for hausa presidency in 2015, otedola is trying to render dem useless for goodluck so dat gej will pay him back with oil block. People let's open our eyes, PDP is evil, ths their bribery wahala will be settled amicably, mark my words...but let's not forget our weapon is 2015... PDP must go

Did you watch the video showing Farouk asking the house to remove Otedola's companies after he had receifed the bribe?
Not a single rep said "Nay," despite many coming from ACN, CPC and other parties.

I'm tired of hearing this id!otic "get rid of PDP" nonsense when all are the same. Its just an excuse not to tackle the system that sits on the head of the man in the street to swell the pockets of a few (whether ACN, PDP, CPC, APGA, LP, DPP, ANPP etc).

I'm sick of seeing such unintelligent posts. angry

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7gzT5vd0vE[/flash]

1 Like

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by Kobojunkie: 10:41pm On Jun 15, 2012
mbhs139:

Aren't we saying the same thing? I think we are saying the same thing in different ways, or am I not getting myself clear?

But I sincerely believe that putting his companies back on the list when implementing the report without ironing out the bribe issue to it's logical conclusion is a most bizarre thing to do.Am I correct?

Besides, the integrity of that report has been eroded in it's entirety going by recent events. And I also strongly think that Femi's evidence should be weighty enough (if at all they are available) to exonerate him or get conviction for Farouq, and I think that can only be done, not in the house, but in the court of law.

We are not saying the same thing. You are saying that he should now, and I am saying that was all he could do before this fiasco and still remains the only thing he can do even with this fiasco.

On ironing out the fiasco first, I don't think that is possible. You have to consider the companies in question were on the list BEFORE the date the 'sting' supposedly took place.

On his evidence, I have not seen it so I cannot comment on it. But whether Lawan is found guilty or not, that does not and should not remove from his companies involvement, or none, in the Fuel Subsidy mirage the country as a whole is still trying to make sense of.

1 Like

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 15, 2012
fuji house of commotion! cant wait to see the last episode of this drama!

1 Like

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 15, 2012
The subsidy probe report is dead and buried.
Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by mbhs139(m): 10:47pm On Jun 15, 2012
Kobojunkie:

We are not saying the same thing. You are saying that he should now, and I am saying that was all he could do before this fiasco and still remains the only thing he can do even with this fiasco.

On ironing out the fiasco first, I don't think that is possible. You have to consider the companies in question were on the list BEFORE the date the 'sting' supposedly took place.

On his evidence, I have not seen it so I cannot comment on it. But whether Lawan is found guilty or not, that does not and should not remove from his companies involvement, or none, in the Fuel Subsidy mirage the country as a whole is still trying to make sense of.

Well, I get your point to a great extent but my battery is flat now at the moment, and fuel don finish for Gen. May be some other time. Good night.
Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by Emyogalanya: 10:48pm On Jun 15, 2012
Are u sure am not very ashamed of my country and its leaders no matter how innocent they always end up to be fraudulent so even the innocent looking has fraud and corruption in his gene

1 Like

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by onyengbu: 10:51pm On Jun 15, 2012
tunapawizzy: The dishonourable legislators know one of their own is already down n what they are trying to do is to take the otedola down along with farouk. Its not gona be easy for them though. In Nigeria the President is d Almighty. D kind of system we run is faulty..d president can do and undo. Telling efcc to investigate otedola is like telling goodluck to investigate himself. As it is d worst the house can do is to threaten gej with impeachment moves if e doesn't act on d recommendation but I doubt they can successfully pull dt joker, because DavidMark and d useless idiots in d senate are all in gej's pocket. It looks like they will amicably settle dis thing thru deir demonic PDP family affair. People dis people will continue to rape us..I believe our only chance is 2015. Let's kick dis demonic association called pdp out of power. PDP is evil...we will never grow with them in power. Oilblock contracts will be renewed between 2015 n 2019..if we let them stay beyond 2015, we are in for it in dis country. TY danjuma alone has 2 oilblocks, abebe family (obasanjo's inlaw) have stakes in one, this people have shared our common wealth yet we go still dey vote for dem, farouk/otedola issue na game dem dey use us play. Farouk is using us to strategize for hausa presidency in 2015, otedola is trying to render dem useless for goodluck so dat gej will pay him back with oil block. People let's open our eyes, PDP is evil, ths their bribery wahala will be settled amicably, mark my words...but let's not forget our weapon is 2015... PDP must go
=
If all these are true, why then do you guys still insist the president is a retard.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by tunapawizzy: 10:51pm On Jun 15, 2012
[quote author=Beaf]

Did you watch the video showing Farouk asking the house to remove Otedola's companies after he had receifed the bribe?
Not a single rep said "Nay," despite many coming from ACN, CPC and other parties.

I'm tired of hearing this id!otic "get rid of PDP" nonsense when all are the same. Its just an excuse not to tackle the system that sits on the head of the man in the street to swell the pockets of a few (whether ACN, PDP, CPC, APGA, LP, DPP, ANPP etc).

I'm sick of seeing such unintelligent posts. angry

Not ready to join issues with u...u r notorious for highlighting ur ill manners whenever u wana disagree with any ones opinion. Hence I won't dignify u with any further response..Grow Up
Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:54pm On Jun 15, 2012
aguiyi: the drama has just begun

the mafias in NANS will show otedola what "an injury to one is an injury to all" really means
Imagine small boy OTEDOLA have mind plus liver give FAR-CROOK ODE-DOLLAR. We will know who runs this town tonight.
Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by SPIDER90: 11:02pm On Jun 15, 2012
bayooooooo: The subsidy probe report is dead and buried.
What else do you expect.
Consider this scenario, after preparing a delicious meal and ready to eat, you discpvered that some of the ingredients used have expired or contaminated. Will you go ahead to eat the food. Throw away the Far-crooked report jooor.
But imagine this, what if in the process of dubbing the 'operation sting' video by the police/ss, it got crack or wipe off

1 Like

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by ballabriggs: 11:02pm On Jun 15, 2012
[size=18pt]$15million bribe? Dog chop dog, wetin concern me, shoot Lawan and let's move on. The main issue is that Jona produces the $20billion they looted through the subsidy regime. Or has he used it in buying 'Goodluck biscuit' for Oronto Douglas and Omokri. Animals!!!
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 15, 2012
I have given up on Nigeria politics. Today, was a proof that nothing good can come out of Bethlehem

1 Like

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by gidjah(m): 11:04pm On Jun 15, 2012
Ain't no honourable in naija again jare! Every body is afta his / her own pockets facing d facts. Until d committee tel us were d 99 diff payments went during d subsidy regime we mit be heading only for circles n abiding in our famous status quo of chop i chop system. Otedola was greatly responsible for uncle Jonas campaign funding including few other oil companies, mor investigate means more corrupt excavation of wicked ldrshp in politics.@i sure kno nothing good will come out of ds blind n epileptic investigatn of demi gods in Nigeria politics.
Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by Pakavy(m): 11:08pm On Jun 15, 2012
make una xcuse my ignorance,wetin b d work of house whip?no b 2 use him koboko flog lawan 4 him corrupt bumbum?

1 Like

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by folahann(m): 11:13pm On Jun 15, 2012
This Otedola must be very clean. These reps will sit on his case as they are angered.

I think they should just tear the probe report and start all over again.

Bakare or El rufai or any fierce rival to goverment or activist should be called to do these kinds of job.

1 Like

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by Blackheritage: 11:13pm On Jun 15, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Are you suggesting that the Otedola firms were innocent to begin with?

obj said it, u nailed,he knew all dis people more than us.. Didn't watch video that all d house voted to remove otedola from d probe?? Only lawan cannot collect d bribe alone, it is all d house, that is why they rush back from their break b4 lawon speaks all those involved and hw they want to share $3m dollars.. They're only against lawon because he's not smart enough to get d money for them...na 9ja we dey, if lawon hears their resolution now, he'll keep is mouth sealed.so that he can be recalled back... National house of representatives of robbers and rogues "obj"... Why did dey all voted in d first place to remove otedola?? They voting all in one voice again to probe otedola... I dey laugh ooo "OBJ".... Am sure lawon would not av enough to refund back cos it has been distributed..."CBN and commercial banks " shld be monitored, hw money will going into lawon's account to refund the cash...lol.. Wonders shall never end... House of thieves,robbers and rogue... Smart game otedola, obj and gej... Pots calling kettle black..

1 Like

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by Blackheritage: 11:15pm On Jun 15, 2012
obj said it, u nailed,he knew all dis people more than us.. Didn't watch video that all d house voted to remove otedola from d probe?? Only lawan cannot collect d bribe alone, it is all d house, that is why they rush back from their break b4 lawon speaks all those involved and hw they want to share $3m dollars.. They're only against lawon because he's not smart enough to get d money for them...na 9ja we dey, if lawon hears their resolution now, he'll keep is mouth sealed.so that he can be recalled back... National house of representatives of robbers and rogues "obj"... Why did dey all voted in d first place to remove otedola?? They voting all in one voice again to probe otedola... I dey laugh ooo "OBJ".... Am sure lawon would not av enough to refund back cos it has been distributed..."CBN and commercial banks " shld be monitored, hw money will going into lawon's account to refund the cash...lol.. Wonders shall never end... House of thieves,robbers and rogue... Smart game otedola, obj and gej... Pots calling kettle black..
Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by wealth123: 11:16pm On Jun 15, 2012
Otedola collected $300 million to import Petroleum products but never did. where is the forex? You guys should be neutral in this case until all those looters are investigated and punished.

farouk was alleged to have received $500k and his sec. $120k (not even up to $1m but otedola collected $300m from CBN) and they have been detained within one week.

But the MDs of those companies involved in more than N1 trillion oil subsidy money are cruizing exotic cars on the streets of Lagos and Abuja and buying mansions without any body detaining them after 2 months of the Report indicting them.

You guys here should be objective in your analysis and let us view issues with matured minds. I am not in support of Farouk or Otedola let us deal with all rogues in our society - THIEF NA THIEF

4 Likes

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by Samola1(m): 11:26pm On Jun 15, 2012
Things do happen in this our country called NAIJA only God can save us.
Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by sheymoni(m): 11:35pm On Jun 15, 2012
Farouk broke the eleventh commandment "thou shall not be caught" grin grin grin
Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by Freestyl(m): 11:40pm On Jun 15, 2012
Lawan is good, he's smart but he broke the eleventh commandment "thou shall not get caught"
Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by edicolove: 11:49pm On Jun 15, 2012
ballabriggs: [size=18pt]$15million bribe? Dog chop dog, wetin concern me, shoot Lawan and let's move on. The main issue is that Jona produces the $20billion they looted through the subsidy regime. Or has he used it in buying 'Goodluck biscuit' for Oronto Douglas and Omokri. Animals!!!
[/size]

You are still quoting fiticious figures from that blackmail and extortion generated report? Have you no shame? Or you are too daft to see that those figures are cooked? Please toss those your figures in the nearest dustbin! Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 15, 2012
Oh God help my country Nigeria, deliver us from d hand of cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, d treasure sucker, d grasshopper that are rulling us.

1 Like

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by ballabriggs: 11:57pm On Jun 15, 2012
edicolove:

You are still quoting fiticious figures from that blackmail and extortion generated report? Have you no shame? Or you are too daft to see that those figures are cooked? Please toss those your figures in the nearest dustbin! Thank you!

[size=16pt]lol "fictitious figures", so says a low life. How did the subsidy spend exceed budgeted by over 200% in total violation of the law? Don't we deserve to know what happened? Did the CBN and finance ministry not also mention a total spend of over 1trillion? Are you such a fool? Crawl back into your oga's bedroom. Animal!!![/size]
Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by faithin9ja: 12:00am On Jun 16, 2012
lacidi: What people have failed to understand is that the legislature has no power to order EFCC to investigate anybody. They can only 'advice'. EFCC, the police etc are all under the control of the executive. The so called report from the house can only have any coercive value if the executive afford it such value. The legislature is there only to make laws and to give advice. They cannot arrest, order the arrest or enforce the arrest of any citizen. You all remember when late Gani called their bluff and refused to appear before then when summoned. That's because they do not have such powers that they arrogated to themselves. They have decided to become both the judiciary and the executive at same time. Unfortunately, there are people who won't be cowed by their antics. Nothing and I repeat, absolutely nothing will happen to Otedola. The irony of this case is that if the report is tabled in court, it will be thrown out on the simple ground that it has been tainted by proven case of bribery and intimidation. So the report is merely an advice and not a directive, so no one should fret over it.

This is the most intelligent and factual post on this topic. Unfortunately most commenters on this thread do not understand the issues or how the law works.
Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 16, 2012
gbadexy: These legislators can fit behave childishly. I pity for otedola because they will so show him.
I just hop he is totally clean himself.
I have it on good authurity that he is clean hence he was able to participate in the sting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Funny Indeed: New Meaning Of Buhari In The Oxford Dictionary [must Read] / Aregbesola And Adeleke Distribute Okadas And Sewing Machines In Osun West / How Lagos Assembly Is Caging Ambode With Impeachment Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.