Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm (14827 Views)

Reps Suspend Plan To Purchase Exotic Cars / Court Renews Arrest Warrant On Tompolo, Orders Security Agencies To Produce Him / Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by manny4life(m): 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2012
Dr. Wise:

Am sorry you are the daft one here cos as a Risk Manager, I analyse Inflationary trend, Taxation, General Price movements etc.

LOLllllll cheesy cheesy cheesy, here they come out from their holes. Let me tell you, posting with a different ID won't help.

Apparently you're confused with your position/title. undecided undecided undecided

I guess if I go to to Monster.com, Careerbuilder.com, or any other professional website, I guess they'll define that that for me. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Please, MR SMART, state what your job description for me is as a risk manager and what industry/field you work in.

You analyze inflationary trend? shocked shocked shocked Chei, people can lie, no be small

You also consult on taxation as well as a risk manager? grin grin grin People need to quit blowing making foo/ls of themselves.

Talk about price movement, let me guess, you do a whole lot of wonders on it embarassed embarassed embarassed How about you post a sample of your work on here, after all it's not "highly sensitive" nor classified, again it's just a sample....lollllll

My brother TELL THE FUC/KING TRUTH. grin grin grin
Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by Mobowho: 1:22pm On Jun 16, 2012
The Gospel According To ‘Saint’ Farouk

1) And it came to pass after these things, on the first day of the first month of the twelfth year after the second millennium, that king Jona son of Bele announced to the people saying; there is no money left in the royal treasury, and the future of the kingdom is in great danger.

2) Therefore, a measure of oil shall no longer sell for three scores of silver and seven, but shall now be seven scores of silver and one. But the people grumbled aloud, and said unto another, what shall it profit our king to gain all these oil money and lose his throne?

3) For it is appointed unto him to reign but once, and after this prison, for many are the atrocities which he has committed.

4) So they said unto the king, eat thou thy food in peace in the palace, and surround thou thyself with thine women, only touch not our oil price and do thy people no harm.

5) But the king would not listen, and said unto himself, I know my people, they shall only grumble for a while and soon they shall forget.

6) But the people would not forget, for the burden was too much for them to bear, and they said; now unto him that is able to increase the price of oil exceeding abundantly above all that his people can bear or think, according to the greed which worketh in him;

7) Unto him be curses in the streets by the masses throughout all ages, protests without end.

cool So they took to the streets and gave the land no peace, and there was no going out or coming in throughout the kingdom for two weeks, and the king feared greatly and said to himself, surely these people shall overturn me if I answer them not.

9) So he called the head of the labourers unto the palace, and gave him bags of gold, that they might turn off the wrath of the people against the king.

10) So the king assembled the people and said unto them; a measure of oil shall no longer be seven scores of silver and one, but shall now be four scores of silver, one dozen and one, to this your leaders have agreed. Praise me now therefore for I am a benevolent king.

11) And after all these, the Loudspeaker of the House of People said, let us inquire into the king’s claim that there be no money in the royal treasury. So they appointed Farcrook, son of Lawal.

12) And said unto him, gather ye now all the oil sellers, that we may know who stole from the kingdom. This did him with diligence, and came back with his report saying

13) Thieves abound in the land, and so have the oil sellers stole from the people, and gave them not oil, this they did with the help of Aliyaro the king’s mistress; and the amount he mentioned was unheard of in the land.

14) When the people heard this, they were dismayed, and sorrow gripped their hearts.

15) But the oil sellers went in unto the king in his chamber, and said; rememberest thou O king that the what we stole did we made available to thy campaign, and by thus did we make you king.

16) If thou deliver us unto the people that they may punish us, we will hold not our tongue to tell the people that thou art one of us.

17) And they said unto him, how else shall we destroy the message if not to destroy the messenger? Let us therefore implicate Farcrook the son of Lawal in this matter.

18) So they sent a certain rich man from the West by the name Otedollar, and he took Farcrook into his house and gave him some money, that he may alter the report which he had set before the people.

19) And it was that Otedollar went before an assembly of the people and said unto them, trust ye this man who said we stole from the treasury? Surely he is one of us, for he came unto me in the middle of the night, and he left with his pockets full of money.

20) And the people where amazed, and their hearts bled, for Farcrook was a man in whom they had to their trust.

21) So Farcrook arose, and said; Otedollar is my briber, I did not request. He maketh me to sit down in his Maitama house; he leadeth me beside the chilled champagne.

22) He exploited me greed; he leadeth me in the paths of marked dollars for subsidy’s sake.

23) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of EFCC, I will fear no arrest: for bribes are with me; my loots and my kickbacks they comfort me.

24) Thou preparest the dollars before me, in the presence of the SSS: thou anointest my mouth with wine; my pocket runneth over.

25) Surely the shame and reproach shall follow me all the days of my life, but I will dwell in the house of PDP forever and ever.

26) And the people wept, but there was no one to console them.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by Iliveon: 1:28pm On Jun 16, 2012
Nigeria politics is more like the more you look the less you see. For some of us who don't understand the underground dealings, we would always rush to defend these policians who perharps care less about us. My understanding of the intrigues unfolding is this; the presidency sees the subsidy probe as a tool against her and her co-travellers.unfortunately,Farook is a crook who thought he is smart buh stupid played himself into their hands.Discredit the messenger discredit the message was the watch-word. The question is If Farook collected money to exonerate FO's companies from the list and he did just that would it then be proper to say that what the legistlooters was right to re-enlist FO companies and recommended same for investigation at the same time suspended the bribe takers? I think they have acted well and in good faith.Let those that are afraid of the probe report go to court of law to challenge it rather than using frame-up,intimidation and blackmail to discredit the report. N:B. Beaf and co who would not respond to post without insult should please try to stop because a lot of young people visit this site.
Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 16, 2012
will the house of reps abandon its son?they are all thieves sha
Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by Dway1: 2:04pm On Jun 16, 2012
When will the nigerian citizen understand nigeria politics?otedola (kinse eni arinfin)lawal to me must be told by some key people in the cabal to collect the money in other to nail otedola Ãήϑ some other key people again went to otedola about the plan...farouk is the only saith amoung them all...this man has step on several toes...the case of buhari,etteh Ãήϑ so on like dat... Ãήϑ if you don't 4get etteh is obasanjo wife...so what do we expect?otedola,jimoh ibrahim, Ãήϑ dangote can never enter any police custody in nigeria cos the are the one spendin all the money they spent in PDP...
Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by gbadeyan2: 2:39pm On Jun 16, 2012
dont mind them they are all thieves
only god will msave this country from the coven of the wicked.
Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:27pm On Jun 16, 2012
Mobowho:

1) And it came to pass after these things, on the first day of the first month of the twelfth year after the second millennium, that king Jona son of Bele announced to the people saying; there is no money left in the royal treasury, and the future of the kingdom is in great danger.

2) Therefore, a measure of oil shall no longer sell for three scores of silver and seven, but shall now be seven scores of silver and one. But the people grumbled aloud, and said unto another, what shall it profit our king to gain all these oil money and lose his throne?

3) For it is appointed unto him to reign but once, and after this prison, for many are the atrocities which he has committed.

4) So they said unto the king, eat thou thy food in peace in the palace, and surround thou thyself with thine women, only touch not our oil price and do thy people no harm.

5) But the king would not listen, and said unto himself, I know my people, they shall only grumble for a while and soon they shall forget.

6) But the people would not forget, for the burden was too much for them to bear, and they said; now unto him that is able to increase the price of oil exceeding abundantly above all that his people can bear or think, according to the greed which worketh in him;

7) Unto him be curses in the streets by the masses throughout all ages, protests without end.

cool So they took to the streets and gave the land no peace, and there was no going out or coming in throughout the kingdom for two weeks, and the king feared greatly and said to himself, surely these people shall overturn me if I answer them not.

9) So he called the head of the labourers unto the palace, and gave him bags of gold, that they might turn off the wrath of the people against the king.

10) So the king assembled the people and said unto them; a measure of oil shall no longer be seven scores of silver and one, but shall now be four scores of silver, one dozen and one, to this your leaders have agreed. Praise me now therefore for I am a benevolent king.

11) And after all these, the Loudspeaker of the House of People said, let us inquire into the king’s claim that there be no money in the royal treasury. So they appointed Farcrook, son of Lawal.

12) And said unto him, gather ye now all the oil sellers, that we may know who stole from the kingdom. This did him with diligence, and came back with his report saying

13) Thieves abound in the land, and so have the oil sellers stole from the people, and gave them not oil, this they did with the help of Aliyaro the king’s mistress; and the amount he mentioned was unheard of in the land.

14) When the people heard this, they were dismayed, and sorrow gripped their hearts.

15) But the oil sellers went in unto the king in his chamber, and said; rememberest thou O king that the what we stole did we made available to thy campaign, and by thus did we make you king.

16) If thou deliver us unto the people that they may punish us, we will hold not our tongue to tell the people that thou art one of us.

17) And they said unto him, how else shall we destroy the message if not to destroy the messenger? Let us therefore implicate Farcrook the son of Lawal in this matter.

18) So they sent a certain rich man from the West by the name Otedollar, and he took Farcrook into his house and gave him some money, that he may alter the report which he had set before the people.

19) And it was that Otedollar went before an assembly of the people and said unto them, trust ye this man who said we stole from the treasury? Surely he is one of us, for he came unto me in the middle of the night, and he left with his pockets full of money.

20) And the people where amazed, and their hearts bled, for Farcrook was a man in whom they had to their trust.

21) So Farcrook arose, and said; Otedollar is my briber, I did not request. He maketh me to sit down in his Maitama house; he leadeth me beside the chilled champagne.

22) He exploited me greed; he leadeth me in the paths of marked dollars for subsidy’s sake.

23) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of EFCC, I will fear no arrest: for bribes are with me; my loots and my kickbacks they comfort me.

24) Thou preparest the dollars before me, in the presence of the SSS: thou anointest my mouth with wine; my pocket runneth over.

25) Surely the shame and reproach shall follow me all the days of my life, but I will dwell in the house of PDP forever and ever.

This goes down as a classic.
Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:37pm On Jun 16, 2012
Dway1: When will the nigerian citizen understand nigeria politics?otedola (kinse eni arinfin)lawal to me must be told by some key people in the cabal to collect the money in other to nail otedola Ãήϑ some other key people again went to otedola about the plan...farouk is the only saith amoung them all...this man has step on several toes...the case of buhari,etteh Ãήϑ so on like dat... Ãήϑ if you don't 4get etteh is obasanjo wife...so what do we expect?otedola,jimoh ibrahim, Ãήϑ dangote can never enter any police custody in nigeria cos the are the one spendin all the money they spent in PDP...
You still don't get it. Otedola says he never collected money from CBN to import Petrol using his Zenon company. So how will FAR-CROOK want to catch Otedola. As for Etteh, I feel for her because she took no money and FAR-CROOK got her out and used the money to enrich BANK-OLE.
Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by lateef4me(m): 6:39pm On Jun 16, 2012
Shameless legislooters !

1 Like

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by Beaf: 6:53pm On Jun 16, 2012
Iliveon: Nigeria politics is more like the more you look the less you see. For some of us who don't understand the underground dealings, we would always rush to defend these policians who perharps care less about us. My understanding of the intrigues unfolding is this; the presidency sees the subsidy probe as a tool against her and her co-travellers.unfortunately,Farook is a crook who thought he is smart buh stupid played himself into their hands.Discredit the messenger discredit the message was the watch-word. The question is If Farook collected money to exonerate FO's companies from the list and he did just that would it then be proper to say that what the legistlooters was right to re-enlist FO companies and recommended same for investigation at the same time suspended the bribe takers? I think they have acted well and in good faith.Let those that are afraid of the probe report go to court of law to challenge it rather than using frame-up,intimidation and blackmail to discredit the report. N:B. Beaf and co who would not respond to post without insult should please try to stop because a lot of young people visit this site.

If not that your position is based on bias (which is why you are expecting to be insulted), you would have long since realised that Tambuwal, Farouk etc are the proverbial wolf in sheeps clothing, fighting to suck both your blood and the blood of your kids.
Many of you have no understanding about how things work in Nigeria, it is golden wisdom to learn it. I made the post below elsewhere, please read it, it will answer some of your questions:

Beaf:

Your post was my first ever use of the "like" button.

During the fuel subsidy crisis, some of us screamed ourselves wretched that the people were falling for the biggest con; they decided to fight the oil cabals battles to enslave them with amazing vigour!
Suddenly, GEJ, Deziani Madueke and Okonjo Iweala became public enemy number one for campaigning for the removal of the subsidy, because it was corrupt. In fact, the people did an acrobatic, logic defying 360 and decided that those who were calling for an end to the corrupt subsidy system were the guilty ones. Wonders!

The Farouk Lawan picture is even worse than you have painted, because he was using the probe as a 2015 weapon against GEJ. That is why Otedola who imports only diesel which is not subsidised was blackmailed by Farouk. Nobody batted an eyelid when Rilwan Lukman, Nigeria's serial oil minister (and under whom the vast proportion of subsidy crime occurred) was not even as much as mentioned by Farouk and his impish gang.
It was about destroying innocent people, while entrenching the interests of the oil cabal. 85% of indigenious oil blocks are owned by a few core-Northern elite.

These oil wells were illegally given out by IBB, Abacha (with Buhari's connivance) and Adulsalam; the licenses are due to run out between 2016 and 2018 and they fear that the only way they can retain hold is by shifting power back to the "North." That is why politics has taken the shape of no holds barred warfare, with stuff like boko haram fully deployed to make the country ungovernable. There are less than 100 men in that clique, yet they make more money annually from oil than the entire Niger Delta.

The Nigerian populace just likes life easy, so they never bother to look below the surface. They love rumours, so are easy to deceive.
If this was a less serious matter, I would have opened several "I told you so!" threads by now, but lets just sit and wait with grim patience as truth after truth unfolds.

https://www.nairaland.com/964498/video-how-farouk-lawan-asked/1#11118626
Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by dolpaz: 8:15pm On Jun 16, 2012
Mobowho:

Guy, you suppose use this to create a movie or better still a book..see talent...using the Bible as an equivocal to what's happening in the National Assembly ...nice write up !!!

1 Like

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by cristog120: 8:29pm On Jun 16, 2012
can someone tell me who to look up to in this country's political office holderS again? i loved this crook called lawan soooo much that i always lookED foward to his next contribution in the house debate. he was so articulate ,outstanding,'smart',but im now soooo disappointed in him.my expectation from him when he was appointed the adhoc chairman for the investigation was met when i watched him reeling out the content of that report in the house.what gave him such confidence after all?can someone get a cold ice for my head that is almost exploding of ache.which way nigeria?SUNNY ADE, U ARE A PROPHET

1 Like

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:04pm On Jun 16, 2012
cristog120: can someone tell me who to look up to in this country's political office holderS again? i loved this crook called lawan soooo much that i always lookED foward to his next contribution in the house debate. he was so articulate ,outstanding,'smart',but im now soooo disappointed in him.my expectation from him when he was appointed the adhoc chairman for the investigation was met when i watched him reeling out the content of that report in the house.what gave him such confidence after all?can someone get a cold ice for my head that is almost exploding of ache.which way nigeria?SUNNY ADE, U ARE A PROPHET
Sunny Okosun, u mean. How long shall we be patient before we reach the promise land.
Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by Iliveon: 11:03pm On Jun 16, 2012
Beaf:

If not that your position is based on bias (which is why you are expecting to be insulted), you would have long since realised that Tambuwal, Farouk etc are the proverbial wolf in sheeps clothing, fighting to suck both your blood and the blood of your kids.
Many of you have no understanding about how things work in Nigeria, it is golden wisdom to learn it. I made the post below elsewhere, please read it, it will answer some of your questions:

https://www.nairaland.com/964498/video-how-farouk-lawan-asked/1#11118626
I have been around for some time now and I can say that I am a serious observant of Nigeria politics. Thats why I said the more you look the less you see.Alot of underground dealings that go on will never get to the public.... I do not tolerate corruption which informed my conviction that 98.9% of Nigeria politicians(Including GEJ,Tinubu,Tambuwa,Lawan and the rest) are corrupt.That said, All I want from you and your co is to be civil at every point in time because majority of Nlers are young and are learning from here. I dont want to continue skipping your posts. Peace.

1 Like

Re: Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm by Damask: 8:10am On Jun 17, 2012
naijaking1: Tambuwal, tambuwal, Tambuwal. How many times did I call your name?
Anytime your comimittee heads begin to investigate, they end up being investigated themselves. Remember Hede for SEC, now Lawan, something is defintely wrong with the way you and your deputy do your job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

British Parliamental System Of Government Vs The American Congressional System / Funny Indeed: New Meaning Of Buhari In The Oxford Dictionary [must Read] / Edo Bye Election: Oshiomhole, Others Cast Votes [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.