Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? (7293 Views)

How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake / Check Out This Weird Plate Number / New Plate Number And Driver's License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? by Mcfemad(m): 12:57am On Jun 16, 2012
Its a new car, thinking of getting FCT or Lagos number.
I prefer FCT, please any idea about the costs and process to undergo.
How long does it take? Thanks as you respond.
Re: How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? by byem: 2:21pm On Jun 16, 2012
U can do it at any lincencing office but if u need a link let me know.ao abuut the inSurance.give me D value so I can givve u the best Rate.work in insurrrance coy
Re: How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? by Saintp(m): 11:37am On Jun 19, 2012
byem: U can do it at any lincencing office but if u need a link let me know.ao abuut the inSurance.give me D value so I can givve u the best Rate.work in insurrrance coy

I dont reside in lagos and Abuja.Are u saying i can get a lagos or Abuja Plate number reg from any state i reside? Please clarify. Tanx.
Re: How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? by blackmann(m): 12:01pm On Jun 19, 2012
Guy if u know u want to drive tht ur car without any hassles from these yeye numerous traffic agents, please do not go for an FCT number for now. just get ur lagos plate jeje. i applied for an abuja number plate for a RAV4 i brought into the country since February and up till now, na story dem dey yarn at the VIO office. numbers are not being issued in abuja for now and there is no assurred time they will start again. to refund the money of those who have already paid is now another problem for them too. i don tell them in that vio office that if any vio officer dares try to pull me over for driving without a number plate, i will run him over. bunch of losers.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? by Saintp(m): 12:46pm On Jun 19, 2012
blackmann: Guy if u know u want to drive tht ur car without any hassles from these yeye numerous traffic agents, please do not go for an FCT number for now. just get ur lagos plate jeje. i applied for an abuja number plate for a RAV4 i brought into the country since February and up till now, na story dem dey yarn at the VIO office. numbers are not being issued in abuja for now and there is no assurred time they will start again. to refund the money of those who have already paid is now another problem for them too. i don tell them in that vio office that if any vio officer dares try to pull me over for driving without a number plate, i will run him over. bunch of losers.

Plz how do i get a lagos plate, I dont live in lagos. Must i go to lagos to get it? Please someone should tell me wot to do? Tanx.
Re: How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? by blackmann(m): 12:56pm On Jun 19, 2012
Saintp:

Plz how do i get a lagos plate, I dont live in lagos. Must i go to lagos to get it? Please someone should tell me wot to do? Tanx.

yes u may have to go to Lagos. or alternatively i have a couple of people who do such registrations for me. u just need to give the VIN number and engine number. which model and brand of vehicle is it?

which state are u by the way?
Re: How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? by Exponental(m): 1:01pm On Jun 19, 2012
Saintp:

of course, it can only be gotten in lag. Just get 2 a licencin office, be careful of touts. Just go in2 d office.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? by stagger: 1:02pm On Jun 19, 2012
blackmann: Guy if u know u want to drive tht ur car without any hassles from these yeye numerous traffic agents, please do not go for an FCT number for now. just get ur lagos plate jeje. i applied for an abuja number plate for a RAV4 i brought into the country since February and up till now, na story dem dey yarn at the VIO office. numbers are not being issued in abuja for now and there is no assurred time they will start again. to refund the money of those who have already paid is now another problem for them too. i don tell them in that vio office that if any vio officer dares try to pull me over for driving without a number plate, i will run him over. bunch of losers.

Number plates are not being issued in the FCT because of the reduction of the cost from N45,000 to N8,400. Better go to Nasarawa state for your plates.
Re: How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? by blackmann(m): 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2012
stagger:

Number plates are not being issued in the FCT because of the reduction of the cost from N45,000 to N8,400. Better go to Nasarawa state for your plates.

This was way before the plates were reduced. it had to do with some people producing fake number plates in abuja. thats why they initially stopped. the problem of reduction of the cost came afterwards.
Re: How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? by slimming: 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2012
Go to the VIO office in Abuja with all your documents and passport with the require payment. The process will take like two weeks except if you have someone very strong doing it for you. You can call me, i will link to you to the guy who did my own.
Re: How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? by vivienpaddy: 2:50pm On Jun 19, 2012
My dear,there is no Lagos plate no in Lagos state 4 now.They dnt produce again because of d price reduction.I get Lagos plate no 4 u cos my broda works wit dem bt is costly.Lagos & Abj plate no is 55,000 now.Cal me on 08037443265 Vivien
Re: How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? by Bawss1(m): 3:50pm On Jun 19, 2012
And the scammers arrive. angry

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? by ikoha: 4:59pm On Jun 19, 2012
Bawss1: And the scammers arrive. angry

my thoughts exactly. grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? by alanbolo(m): 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2012
Yesss oh. I think his post should be deleted. his tone alone shows he's a scammer..
vivienpaddy: My dear,there is no Lagos plate no in Lagos state 4 now.They dnt produce again because of d price reduction.I get Lagos plate no 4 u cos my broda works wit dem bt is costly.Lagos & Abj plate no is 55,000 now.
Re: How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? by jaybee(f): 6:09pm On Jun 19, 2012

welcome scammer
Re: How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? by thecoming: 6:50pm On Jun 19, 2012
thats not true which 55k , i was at an autoreg office last week full registration is 35k including number .

if u have a friend in lagos he can do it for u. lagos number is still 29k they did not reduce it to 8,500 as ordered by fgn
Re: How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? by Sunbellar: 8:21pm On Jun 19, 2012
lipsrsealed
Re: How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? by thecoming: 10:14pm On Jun 19, 2012
op get in touch with ur friend or relative in lagos to walk ino an autoreg office to make enquries.

you can even do everything same day.
Re: How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? by bermedaylay: 9:15am On Nov 20, 2014
If you want to register your vehicle in Abuja (with New plate number, Insurance and Road worthiness), you can get it for N35,000 and collect it within 4-5days or pay N38,000 to collect it the second day.
Just call Bami on 08035348363.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? by AutosBay(m): 10:18am On Nov 20, 2014
Re: How Do I Register (Plate Number) My Car? by Kayharry(m): 6:46pm On Oct 17, 2020

(1) (Reply)

What kind of car can I buy between 300k to 400k / Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened / Facts About Jaguar Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.