Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? (51291 Views)

How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 / Peugeot 406: How Reliable? / How Reliable Are Hyundai Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 7:59am On Mar 22, 2015
LegatusGlaber:

I rock a Peugeot 406 bro and the phobia is just what it is; phobia.

Ruggedity, fuel economy, reliability, to mention but a few are the things you are missing.

Why not give it a trial bro

Just like Joseph Campbell said and I quote:

"The Cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek".

Good morning everyone.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by abatically(m): 8:15am On Mar 22, 2015
LegatusGlaber:

I rock a Peugeot 406 bro and the phobia is just what it is; phobia.

Ruggedity, fuel economy, reliability, to mention but a few are the things you are missing.

Why not give it a trial bro

406 still OK, but 607? That's a big NO NO.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by praxisnetworks: 8:59am On Mar 22, 2015
well I have used a 505 srd...504 bestline...206....all I can say is if you want a car that will not give you "normal" issues...flee peugeot...the cars that sell massively sustainably have a reason they sell 607 in particular aint one of them bro...buying a car engine 406 wagon for 160k? kilode? when a w202 C class engine goes for less than 50k!....not even an ML engine costs that must....not to talk of BMW e36 models....if you are driving a pejo and smiling you really dont know what you are missing! A simple timing belt cut ruins your engine...interference systems ko?... I owe no apology for informing people about the evils of a pijo...ask yourself why its only one person that runs that abracadabra of a vehicle on your street for 4 years! A car that you will use and the cost of repairs will put you at the mercy of the mech....who will now have to buy food 4 U n call cards aint worth the stress!!! I saw these evils happening to people who are dying to own a pijo.....no jokes....Ikenna may know about pijo n some individuals but how accessible are they? do they render assistance for free? why enslave yourself to a car that help can not be readily found...which you cant confidently give the keys to your spouse or a friend without being aprehensive!!!!! flee again I say flee the hassles of pijo which some have tagged "abuse n normal" issues! Buy a car that will not drive you....but which you will drive with pleasure...

oluwaseunla:

While I'm not really a Peugeot fan (save for the 406), this generalisation is completely false.

Funny thing is, there is a guy in my street that has been using the 607 since I knew him (like 4 years ago), as the only car, and generally, he has what I will term 'normal car issues'. Even that one is periodical. Admittedly, he maintains well, and he reads up on his car. I know you probably have seen peugeots giving their owners lots of issues, but did those owners ever found out the reason why?

I think truth is, most of us are too lazy to find out what we need to, to keep our vehicles running. Each car is peculiar, but with right handling, most cars will run as long as you wish them to.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by praxisnetworks: 9:02am On Mar 22, 2015
even that car is questionable....I saw a man cough out 160k for its engine (wagon type) this week!

abatically:

406 still OK, but 607? That's a big NO NO.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by praxisnetworks: 9:07am On Mar 22, 2015
"Courage is a special kind of knowledge: the knowledge of how to fear what ought to be feared and how not to fear what ought not to be feared"-David Ben-Gurion

Ikenna351:

Just like Joseph Campbell said and I quote:

"The Cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek".

Good morning everyone.

Ikenna

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by praxisnetworks: 12:24pm On Mar 22, 2015
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/peugeot/607-2000/?section=good

further review of the pijo 607:

Can suffer niggling electrical problems. Lacks the class to rival German executive cars, which is why they're cheap.

What's good
Cavernous boot, twice as big as Mercedes S-Class.
Achieved a good four star rating for crash safety in 2002 NCAP tests.

What to watch out for---the bad
Severe lift-off oversteer problem in 'Elk avoidance' test delayed the launch but made sure the car is properly sorted.

Doomed by the lack of success of the 605, so expect huge depreciation making used examples a lot of car for the money.
Peugeots generally had below average warranty repair costs in 2003 Warranty Direct Reliability index (index 86.25 v/s lowest 31.93). Link:- www.reliabilityindex.co.uk

A small batch of RHD 607s for the UK were accidentally misbuilt with heavy duty suspension, so if your car rides badly it could be one of this batch and Peugeot would originally rectify by fitting the correct suspension.

Motors for electric drivers seats of early cars left little space for padding in the squab and made the seats hard and uncomfortable. Cured completely by 2003.

Can be niggly problems including broken electric window, sticking drivers door, windscreen washer warning light always on, airbag warning light always on, airbag problems.

On HDIs, rubber cushioned timing belt pulley needs replacing at same time as timing belt (60k - 70k miles) otherwise can separate.
31-12-2012: 'Gong' sound means that car battery is failing to hold sufficient charge and needs to be replaced.

Recalls
26-04-2002: on 78 607s front right hand lower suspension arm may not be to spec and may deform under certain impact loads. Check suspension arm identification markings and replace where necessary
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by praxisnetworks: 12:46pm On Mar 22, 2015
Getting a 607 serviced will be easy enough, although data from Warranty Direct suggest Peugeot’s maintenance and repair bills are above the industry average. Spares could be an issue if you have an accident, because the comparative rarity of the 607 on UK roads means parts may take longer to source
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by praxisnetworks: 1:03pm On Mar 22, 2015
http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/peugeot/607/r59913/comments/

further user experiences on the Peugeot 607!

3rd Feb 2006, 15:26

I bought mine second-hand seven months ago (03 Reg), and having had an excellent experience with the 2 litre HDI for the previous 5 years (Citroen) I had no concerns regarding the engine. I have never owned a Peugeot before, but knew enough to know that the depreciation would be scary. I find that as a motorway cruiser, it is really excellent, but also find that I use the Tiptronic around town. Only real problems have been with sensors-quite a few, but these were sorted promptly by the dealer, under warranty. So far seems to be an excellent second-hand buy.

2.16th Apr 2006, 06:23

I bought me 607 in 2005. [b]Initially I had no problems with the car. I was enjoying driving the car until I was attending a meeting one day when the car just stopped on the motor way. I could not understand what had gone wrong. I called AA and they could not find what the problem was, so I ended up being towed into a local Peugeot dealer. After two days I received a call saying I need a new engine as something has seriously gone wrong with my engine. The warranty on the car had expired. I received a note from Peugeot a week later telling me they had just discovered a fault in the engine of my Peugeot, and that it will be repaired without any cost to us. I went to my local peugeot dealer and showed them the letter and was told the fault Peugeot had discovered has nothing to do with my car engine. You expect a car like that to have some sort of a warning device to alert you on issues like that. I will advise anyone to be careful when buying a car like a 607. Peugeot actually refused to say that car has a problem. I feel they should withdraw the 607 from the market because it has so many faults.[/b]
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by praxisnetworks: 1:07pm On Mar 22, 2015
24th Aug 2008, 01:17

I'm driving a Peugeot 607 V6, and I have lots of problems with the electronics on this car, mirrors, battery issues, and I will not say how much gas it takes for 100 km... so stay away from this car..

yet another!
1st Nov 2008, 20:41

Enjoyed a 605 for 6 years, and figured a 607 would be the next step. How wrong was I!! It is a V6 - the only model available in Australia. I have owned it for 5 weeks, and it's been at the dealer for all 5 of those weeks, excluding a few days here and there between visits.

Amazing drive, and ride, comfortable interior and monstrous boot, but what a heap of crap.

We just sold our other Peugeot and bought a new FIAT 500 Lounge - a much better car than the small Peugeots available. I will never purchase another French car again. I can understand why people buy German - they don't have the French flair and individuality, but they're built right. Finished nice and engineered to last.

All my friends are selling off their Pugs for Volvos, Passats and even Minis.

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by praxisnetworks: 1:10pm On Mar 22, 2015
still another.....

16th Oct 2010, 18:06

In 2006, I purchased a 2002 Peugeot 607 with 25,000 Kms, from the Peugeot chief in Central America. I've only had headaches with this car. To this day the car has been in a garage 8 times, for 10 (yes ten) months with repair costs exceeding the original 14K cost. The local Peugeot dealer wants another $3,000 to repair it again. I've had it with this car, and I am practically giving it away for scrap. Unreliable car, unethical dealer. I recommend staying as far away as possible from the headache on wheels.

yet more

29th Aug 2008, 10:36

We have been driving our Peugeot 607 for 2 years without any problems, until one month ago! It just stopped, it showed the ESP warning triangle and would not re-start until the engine had cooled. It started after 10 minutes and drove for about half a mile and stopped again. A Peugeot main dealer has had the car for a month without discovering the fault, it doesn't give me much confidence in them if they can't work out their own cars!

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by oluwaseunla(m): 1:20pm On Mar 22, 2015
praxisnetworks:
well I have used a 505 srd...504 bestline...206....all I can say is if you want a car that will not give you "normal" issues...flee peugeot...the cars that sell massively sustainably have a reason they sell 607 in particular aint one of them bro...buying a car engine 406 wagon for 160k? kilode? when a w202 C class engine goes for less than 50k!....not even an ML engine costs that must....not to talk of BMW e36 models....if you are driving a pejo and smiling you really dont know what you are missing! A simple timing belt cut ruins your engine...interference systems ko?... I owe no apology for informing people about the evils of a pijo...ask yourself why its only one person that runs that abracadabra of a vehicle on your street for 4 years! A car that you will use and the cost of repairs will put you at the mercy of the mech....who will now have to buy food 4 U n call cards aint worth the stress!!! I saw these evils happening to people who are dying to own a pijo.....no jokes....Ikenna may know about pijo n some individuals but how accessible are they? do they render assistance for free? why enslave yourself to a car that help can not be readily found...which you cant confidently give the keys to your spouse or a friend without being aprehensive!!!!! flee again I say flee the hassles of pijo which some have tagged "abuse n normal" issues! Buy a car that will not drive you....but which you will drive with pleasure...

I agree with you that people who know about the Peugeot are not so much, but I think that depends on your environment. I live in a small town and we don't have any good German mechs either, but then a lot of people use those cars here and maintain it. It all depends on how far you can go to get what you want.

My wife drives a Nissan, and three times I took that car to the 'best' mechs in town, I end up regretting it, cos they end up complicating issues. That's the so called japanese car. Now what do we do? We read up on our cars and know them well. We do preventative maintainance to ensure those cars don't break down suddenly. I have the factory service or Haynes manual of every car in the house. The auto technician we use is over 80km from where we live. More expensive than an average tree shade mech, yes, but I've come to find them cheaper in the long run. And yes, he knows about Peugeots and the mercs. Will we now say because we don't have good mechs in my town, we'll be riding bicycles?

About engine and timing belt issues, the question still is, how well are you maintaining it? Why on earth should your timing belt cut if you change it as at when due, with quality parts and right technicians. In the over 15 years I've been driving in this country, I've never lost an engine, and one of the cars is over 10 years old, and it's NOT a Toyota.

My summary is, it's not about the car, but the owner. A Toyota abused will eventually become problematic.

If you say a japanese tolerates more abuse than a Peugeot, I may agree, but saying Peugeot cars are problematic is what I'm calling you out for. Are you now telling me you've not seen one of those almost twenty years old Peugeots , still going strong?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 2:31pm On Mar 22, 2015
Good afternoon House.

I want to continue with Talk on Peugeot 607. But before I do, there is something I need to address once and for all.

Ikenna
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 22, 2015
oluwaseunla:

I agree with you that people who know about the Peugeot are not so much
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 3:53pm On Mar 22, 2015
praxisnetworks:

Smartchoice, I think its high time you became man enough to stop running around. The more you change your identity, the more untrustworthy you become. I know you are Smartchoice because I am Nairaland moderator, so I know. Because, when I comment, anyone that has been following Ikenna351 would know, yes, it was from Ikenna, even if someone tries to impersonate. The same, when you post, its written all over your post. So opening and deactivating your accounts every now and then, shows a lot of suspicion.

Now since you really want the truth to come out, let me share with everyone what I know about you and your 206.

You posted in the Peugeot community and later called me on the phone, excitedly informing us about your new acquisition, a cub Peugeot 206. You, of course being you, started complaining of few things about the lion. I asked you few questions and came to a conclusion. I don't remember your exact words, but I told you the 206 has been electrically abused, because of symptoms you described to me on the phone. I think I told you too if its possible to return and pick another, and you said the Peugeot 206 was a gift or something or you acquired the lion from a relation. Then, I told you the only way that Lion would serve you well was to revert or fix the abuse done on the electrics, to prevent the BSI unit from crashing completely, which has started showing signs.

That was when Diagbox came into the picture, since I recommended that you plugged in PP2000 in the lion to know the extent of the abuse and gradually correct them. I asked you to bring the lion to me, thinking you stay in Abuja, but you said you don't stay in Abuja. You indicated interest in buying Diagbox from, which later turned out you the way I wouldn't want to state here. You called me a scam or thief the other day in this thread. If I had wanted to respond to that, the world would see truly who is a scam among us. But lets not go there.

I could remember how you would always come to the Peugeot community to complain about the poor Peugeot 206 in your possession, and how I kept telling you that until those abuse on the electrics are reversed or corrected, you will expect more things to complain of.

I could remember how you called me one day and complained bitterly how you took the Peugeot 206 to a quack auto electrician to fix horn for you, only to have the Lion refused to start after he must have done a terrible connection on the poor lion. I recalled how I told you that if the lion, even with abuse electrics, was starting before the moment you drove into the electrician place, but now refused to start after he messed up the wires, then the electrician probably is the type that couldn't differentiate between a spanner and screwdriver. I asked you to tell the electrician to reverse whatever he has connected on the lion, for a start. Eventually, you posted in the house how you get the car started by yourself. Now, tell yourself the truth, who would you blame? The poor Lion or you?

Let me cut the story short, it baffles me that you hated Peugeot that much, yet you are so bitter that I removed you from Peugeot community I created. I sent you an SMS, explaining to you why I had to remove you, because you didn't fit in. The world I created isn't fit for you. I even explain to you that you can create your "Anti-Peugeot community" where you can gather people like you, so that you guys can eat negative, sleep negatives, swim in negatives and any negative experience you could ever wanted. But that's not the world I created. I created a Peugeot community, a Lions Den, where Lions and lionesses come together to share love, appreciate and respect each other, appreciate what they have and live a happy fun. I didn't create a sorrowful and antagonistic house. For example, if Peugeot cars are that nightmare to their owners like you preach, how come my Peugeot community Kaduna house members had their get-together yesterday and had fun, stayed up till 1am this morning before they departed? Was I there with them? Do I live in Kaduna? Did I mandate them to meet? Do I give them money to repair their lions if they were that troublesome? Do you think if their lions were nightmares to them, they would meet, spend their money and chat with each other till that time? That's the world I created. People that have experienced how good their lions are and decided to find how they will continue to enjoy the peace their lions give them. That's the world I created. So, again, sorry, with your attitude, you don't fit in. You can create your own Peugeot group on WhatsApp and fill it win with your kind.

A peace of advice. I don't think your issue with Peugeot is truly Peugeot, I think its YOU. Have some reflections. Go through all your posts since you joined Nairaland under Smartchoice username. All your posts have been full of negativity. Even the Benz you seem to be fan of, you complain of that too. How many of your Benz have you complained how their engines have failed on you and you replace them? How many times did you complain of electrical issues on your Benz w202? It's very simple, you can have it trouble-free, as long as all you look for from your surroundings or what you have is negatives or how bad they are. It will always become your experience. Prayer is not that 100 prayer points you make noise every day in Church or in your house. Prayer is that thought and feelings you hold inside you, not the noise people make. Because, your thoughts and feelings determines your words and actions, and that what manifests your reality. God has given each and everyone of us to create his reality, so if you keep seeking for negatives or enjoy talking or complaining about every little thing around you, it becomes your reality. Because that's truly what you want and you will get more of what will make you complain everytime, in all spheres of your life. I am trying to tell you how to live your life, but you can't get it otherwise if you keep this lifestyle. It's your life. Your call!

Now, lets come to your comment on Peugeot timing belt. Last month, a colleague of mine that drives Toyota Camry was driving home. His car suddenly stalled and refused to start. He called me, even though it was late at night. I had to leave my house to Area 3 to get a towing Van, to go and meet him and tow the car to office. I got back home around 12am. I even mentioned it in the Peugeot community II that night, which you would remember, since you were still a member of the house then. The next day, his mechanic came and said it was the timing belt that broke. Now, that's for the Toyota Camry. This last week, a colleague of mine too was driving his Honda Accord V6 (EOD) and the car suddenly stalled as well and refused to start. He had to tow the car to Apo that day. He later got call from his mechanic that it was the timing belt (or chain, I don't remember the exact mechanic words) that broke and that it damaged the valves too.

Now the question is, why is that when something that could happen to any other car happens to a Peugeot car, the some uninformed people make noise about it? Besides, whose fault it is that people carelessly (some unintentionally) refuse to replace their timing belts or other renewable parts when due as recommended by manufacturer, when these parts fail? If a manufacturer said use this engine oil in this car and you chose to use hydraulic inside the engine instead, whose fault it is when the engine fails? If a manufacturer said change this belt every certain km or years, and you prefer to change it only when it fails or breaks, whose fault it is? I recalled how you were complaining in Benz thread how a whole wiring harness of w202 would expire after certain mileage and would need to be replaced. Do you know what it actually means to someone looking for a car to buy when you tell him or her that he would have to replace the whole wires on the car at certain time because it would all expire someday? How many Peugeots have you driven that has ever had that issue?

You see, for some people, when they have a problem, they go about complaining about it, as if the complain is the solution to the problem. While some, would stand and find solution, even a permanent one, so that the issue doesn't surface again. These are two groups of people we have on this planet Earth.

The other day, a lady that drives Peugeot 206 was telling me that she would rather give that Lion to a family member if she wants to upgrade, simply because, in her own words "The car has served me so well that she has become part of me and I wouldn't want her to leave the family". The lady stays in Abuja. This conversation took place late last year. That's because she said no to "Abuse".

What people like you don't understand is, it cost little to run a Peugeot car when you keep to factory and say no to abuse. When you abuse your Lion, which happens when people want to cut corners in their lions, you will end up introducing more issues on the entire systems of the lion, which will force you to frequent mechanic places. What do you think will happen when you bypass original radiator fan connection? Frequent fan failure and more fuel consumption, right? Now, the more the fuel consumption, you would always take it to a workshop to find out the cause of the high fuel consumption, which will lad to more abuse, by trying to cut more corners to stop the high consumption. The same is applicable to other forms of abuse.

Now you were talking about cost of a Peugeot engine. It's very unfortunate for you that you have conditioned your mind to constantly abuse whatever car you own. People like me have no business with cost of engine of my lions. Because I didn't get any of them to replace their engines, rather, I got them to run them with their engines throughout my ownerships of them. Engines were not produced to fail, what kills them these days are abuse. People have driven their Peugeot cars beyond 800,000 kilometers on their mileage counter, on their original engines. We are talking of years or even decades here to attain such mileage. As long as what controls and monitors the engine and what you put inside the engine are in kept in good condition or are good, you have no business with engine replacement whatsoever. If an EW12 cost 160k, so what? Don't you know a Tokunbo engine of 505(XN1A) cost about 150k also? Peugeot engines are built with quality, so don't expect them cheap. So, if yours fail on you, ask yourself some personal questions why you can't maintain engine that girls comfortable do with low cost.

Ikenna

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 22, 2015
Ikenna351...

No one bears Smartchoice on Nairaland...stop chasing ghosts man!..... I fully concur with praxisnets..... As for your epistle gat no time to read such a delusional write up...since your opening phrase is false abinitio....

The only mistake you should never make is comparing those things to a Mercedes... Anything else I will let it slide!..

Once again am Smartchoices not Smartchoice don't be afraid mention my real nl name boldly.......

So long pal!

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 22, 2015
Ikenna351:

Smartchoice, I think its high time you became man enough to stop running around. The more you change your identity, the more untrustworthy you become. I know you are Smartchoice because I am Nairaland moderator, so I know. Because, when I comment, anyone that has been following Ikenna351 would know, yes, it was from Ikenna, even if someone tries to impersonate. The same, when you post, its written all over your post. So opening and deactivating your accounts every now and then, shows a lot of suspicion.

Now since you really want the truth to come out, let me share with everyone what I know about you and your 206.

You posted in the Peugeot community and later called me on the phone, excitedly informing us about your new acquisition, a cub Peugeot 206. You, of course being you, started complaining of few things about the lion. I asked you few questions and came to a conclusion. I don't remember your exact words, but I told you the 206 has been electrically abused, because of symptoms you described to me on the phone. I think I told you too if its possible to return and pick another, and you said the Peugeot 206 was a gift or something or you acquired the lion from a relation. Then, I told you the only way that Lion would serve you well was to revert or fix the abuse done on the electrics, to prevent the BSI unit from crashing completely, which has started showing signs.

That was when Diagbox came into the picture, since I recommended that you plugged in PP2000 in the lion to know the extent of the abuse and gradually correct them. I asked you to bring the lion to me, thinking you stay in Abuja, but you said you don't stay in Abuja. You indicated interest in buying Diagbox from, which later turned out you the way I wouldn't want to state here. You called me a scam or thief the other day in this thread. If I had wanted to respond to that, the world would see truly who is a scam among us. But lets not go there.

I could remember how you would always come to the Peugeot community to complain about the poor Peugeot 206 in your possession, and how I kept telling you that until those abuse on the electrics are reversed or corrected, you will expect more things to complain of.

I could remember how you called me one day and complained bitterly how you took the Peugeot 206 to a quack auto electrician to fix horn for you, only to have the Lion refused to start after he must have done a terrible connection on the poor lion. I recalled how I told you that if the lion, even with abuse electrics, was starting before the moment you drove into the electrician place, but now refused to start after he messed up the wires, then the electrician probably is the type that couldn't differentiate between a spanner and screwdriver. I asked you to tell the electrician to reverse whatever he has connected on the lion, for a start. Eventually, you posted in the house how you get the car started by yourself. Now, tell yourself the truth, who would you blame? The poor Lion or you?

Let me cut the story short, it baffles me that you hated Peugeot that much, yet you are so bitter that I removed you from Peugeot community I created. I sent you an SMS, explaining to you why I had to remove you, because you didn't fit in. The world I created isn't fit for you. I even explain to you that you can create your "Anti-Peugeot community" where you can gather people like you, so that you guys can eat negative, sleep negatives, swim in negatives and any negative experience you could ever wanted. But that's not the world I created. I created a Peugeot community, a Lions Den, where Lions and lionesses come together to share love, appreciate and respect each other, appreciate what they have and live a happy fun. I didn't create a sorrowful and antagonistic house. For example, if Peugeot cars are that nightmare to their owners like you preach, how come my Peugeot community Kaduna house members had their get-together yesterday and had fun, stayed up till 1am this morning before they departed? Was I there with them? Do I live in Kaduna? Did I mandate them to meet? Do I give them money to repair their lions if they were that troublesome? Do you think if their lions were nightmares to them, they would meet, spend their money and chat with each other till that time? That's the world I created. People that have experienced how good their lions are and decided to find how they will continue to enjoy the peace their lions give them. That's the world I created. So, again, sorry, with your attitude, you don't fit in. You can create your own Peugeot group on WhatsApp and fill it win with your kind.

A peace of advice. I don't think your issue with Peugeot is truly Peugeot, I think its YOU. Have some reflections. Go through all your posts since you joined Nairaland under Smartchoice username. All your posts have been full of negativity. Even the Benz you seem to be fan of, you complain of that too. How many of your Benz have you complained how their engines have failed on you and you replace them? How many times did you complain of electrical issues on your Benz w202? It's very simple, you can have it trouble-free, as long as all you look for from your surroundings or what you have is negatives or how bad they are. It will always become your experience. Prayer is not that 100 prayer points you make noise every day in Church or in your house. Prayer is that thought and feelings you hold inside you, not the noise people make. Because, your thoughts and feelings determines your words and actions, and that what manifests your reality. God has given each and everyone of us to create his reality, so if you keep seeking for negatives or enjoy talking or complaining about every little thing around you, it becomes your reality. Because that's truly what you want and you will get more of what will make you complain everytime, in all spheres of your life. I am trying to tell you how to live your life, but you can't get it otherwise if you keep this lifestyle. It's your life. Your call!

Now, lets come to your comment on Peugeot timing belt. Last month, a colleague of mine that drives Toyota Camry was driving home. His car suddenly stalled and refused to start. He called me, even though it was late at night. I had to leave my house to Area 3 to get a towing Van, to go and meet him and tow the car to office. I got back home around 12am. I even mentioned it in the Peugeot community II that night, which you would remember, since you were still a member of the house then. The next day, his mechanic came and said it was the timing belt that broke. Now, that's for the Toyota Camry. This last week, a colleague of mine too was driving his Honda Accord V6 (EOD) and the car suddenly stalled as well and refused to start. He had to tow the car to Apo that day. He later got call from his mechanic that it was the timing belt (or chain, I don't remember the exact mechanic words) that broke and that it damaged the valves too.

Now the question is, why is that when something that could happen to any other car happens to a Peugeot car, the some uninformed people make noise about it? Besides, whose fault it is that people carelessly (some unintentionally) refuse to replace their timing belts or other renewable parts when due as recommended by manufacturer, when these parts fail? If a manufacturer said use this engine oil in this car and you chose to use hydraulic inside the engine instead, whose fault it is when the engine fails? If a manufacturer said change this belt every certain km or years, and you prefer to change it only when it fails or breaks, whose fault it is? I recalled how you were complaining in Benz thread how a whole wiring harness of w202 would expire after certain mileage and would need to be replaced. Do you know what it actually means to someone looking for a car to buy when you tell him or her that he would have to replace the whole wires on the car at certain time because it would all expire someday? How many Peugeots have you driven that has ever had that issue?

You see, for some people, when they have a problem, they go about complaining about it, as if the complain is the solution to the problem. While some, would stand and find solution, even a permanent one, so that the issue doesn't surface again. These are two groups of people we have on this planet Earth.

The other day, a lady that drives Peugeot 206 was telling me that she would rather give that Lion to a family member if she wants to upgrade, simply because, in her own words "The car has served me so well that she has become part of me and I wouldn't want her to leave the family". The lady stays in Abuja. This conversation took place late last year. That's because she said no to "Abuse".

What people like you don't understand is, it cost little to run a Peugeot car when you keep to factory and say no to abuse. When you abuse your Lion, which happens when people want to cut corners in their lions, you will end up introducing more issues on the entire systems of the lion, which will force you to frequent mechanic places. What do you think will happen when you bypass original radiator fan connection? Frequent fan failure and more fuel consumption, right? Now, the more the fuel consumption, you would always take it to a workshop to find out the cause of the high fuel consumption, which will lad to more abuse, by trying to cut more corners to stop the high consumption. The same is applicable to other forms of abuse.

Now you were talking about cost of a Peugeot engine. It's very unfortunate for you that you have conditioned your mind to constantly abuse whatever car you own. People like me have no business with cost of engine of my lions. Because I didn't get any of them to replace their engines, rather, I got them to run them with their engines throughout my ownerships of them. Engines were not produced to fail, what kills them these days are abuse. People have driven their Peugeot cars beyond 800,000 kilometers on their mileage counter, on their original engines. We are talking of years or even decades here to attain such mileage. As long as what controls and monitors the engine and what you put inside the engine are in kept in good condition or are good, you have no business with engine replacement whatsoever. If an EW12 cost 160k, so what? Don't you know a Tokunbo engine of 505(XN1A) cost about 150k also? Peugeot engines are built with quality, so don't expect them cheap. So, if yours fail on you, ask yourself some personal questions why you can't maintain engine that girls comfortable do with low cost.

Ikenna

Good to see you hallucinate.....quoted for the records..

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by abatically(m): 4:42pm On Mar 22, 2015
oluwaseunla:

I agree with you that people who know about the Peugeot are not so much, but I think that depends on your environment. I live in a small town and we don't have any good German mechs either, but then a lot of people use those cars here and maintain it. It all depends on how far you can go to get what you want.

My wife drives a Nissan, and three times I took that car to the 'best' mechs in town, I end up regretting it, cos they end up complicating issues. That's the so called japanese car. Now what do we do? We read up on our cars and know them well. We do preventative maintainance to ensure those cars don't break down suddenly. I have the factory service or Haynes manual of every car in the house. The auto technician we use is over 80km from where we live. More expensive than an average tree shade mech, yes, but I've come to find them cheaper in the long run. And yes, he knows about Peugeots and the mercs. Will we now say because we don't have good mechs in my town, we'll be riding bicycles?

About engine and timing belt issues, the question still is, how well are you maintaining it? Why on earth should your timing belt cut if you change it as at when due, with quality parts and right technicians. In the over 15 years I've been driving in this country, I've never lost an engine, and one of the cars is over 10 years old, and it's NOT a Toyota.

My summary is, it's not about the car, but the owner. A Toyota abused will eventually become problematic.

If you say a japanese tolerates more abuse than a Peugeot, I may agree, but saying Peugeot cars are problematic is what I'm calling you out for. Are you now telling me you've not seen one of those almost twenty years old Peugeots , still going strong?

U don't seem to get it. We all agree Peugeots made great cars in the past. The 505, 504 , 404 etc were great cars. They have lesser electronics so easy to handle. The problem is with their newer cars, they are more complicated and those electrical fail too easily, u just can't deny that. To start with, can u tell us the Peugeot brand ur neighbors are using? Probably not the 607 or 407. Any car will give problems when abused, but some cars can take heavy abuse than others. An older 505 will take more abuse than a 2005 Camry. But a 607 will not take half the beating a Camry of the same year would.

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by danadam(m): 4:43pm On Mar 22, 2015
Ikenna351 and Smartchoices.... BIKO, EJO...
@Ikenna351... i admire you alot because of your passion and knowledge of the peugeot brand.
@Smartchoices... You are my chairman on the mercedes benz family whatapps group. Let's all have fun and stop the bickering....PLEASE.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Raymie(m): 5:03pm On Mar 22, 2015
@Ikenna, I don't think @Smartchoice(s) and @Praxkisnetworks are the same person. I think they're two people who share a common demon. Take the advice yhu gave me when I was belttling myself trying to boil stones. (Prov. 12:15; 14:8; 10:23; 14:9) Don't engage yhurself with this lot, else, they'd bring yhu down to their level of foolishness and beat yhu with experience. (Prov. 15:2, 14; 18:2). Unlike yhurself who has been of immense benefit to NLanders both online and offline, whether peugeot related or not, ( I'm a grateful beneficiary of yhur acquaintance), these two unfortunately serve no utilitarian purpose to both themselves and their society other than spamming the Merc thread with endless complaints. Sincerely, they're both not worth the effort. Cept if yhu're as bored as I am right now, and ar in the mood for mischief.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 22, 2015
Calm down people we' re all teammates here. Pls let's respect one another and our opinions whether you use a VW, BMW, peugeot, MB or any other car. For all we seek here in cartalk is a "pursuit of perfection" which we know starts from deep within our mindset and how we project positive energy towards on another.

Thanks for co-operating.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 22, 2015
HmmmHmmm all is well ikenna351 is a well respected individual at least from my angle...

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by fishleg123: 7:20pm On Mar 22, 2015
ikenna, is a special person. we need to appreciate and encourage people like him. imagine if there is no ikenna, many people that are enjoying their lions today will not.
for me, Peugeot is the best car on Nigeria road. I use 406, which I bought 3years ago from a bank manager after he had used it for 10 years. can u believe that d car was completely flooded b4 I bought it. d bsi, radio, engine.everything electrical was under water. they just allow it to dry. I bought d car and use it for all kind of farm work for 3 years b4 I had problem with d bsi. I changed d bsi and d car is back on d road. now, who can tell me that Peugeot 406 is a bad car . many of my friends have Toyota Camry, they dear not use their car d way I use mine.
thanks.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by abatically(m): 10:07pm On Mar 22, 2015
fishleg123:
ikenna, is a special person. we need to appreciate and encourage people like him. imagine if there is no ikenna, many people that are enjoying their lions today will not.

To some extent yes, maybe if he can stop being too biased then maybe some people will take him more seriously. To the new comers on cartalk he might look like a saint, (with his long boring essays), but to older members we all know he is overly one sided and too emotional.

fishleg123:
for me, Peugeot is the best car on Nigeria road.

[img]http://media./media/5ZXyJGVjUFBKM/giphy.gif[/img]

Ok u drive a 406, that can be forgiven.

Peugeot 406 is about the last great car built by Peugeot. You can't say the same about the 607, 407 or every other cars they have built in the last 10 years.

Come to think of it, why would I buy a car that only one person (Ikenna) understands, so that means I'm screwed whenever he is not available huh. If I want something simple and reliable, I'll get a Toyota. If I want something simple yet sporty, beautiful and reliable, I'll get a Honda. If I want something luxurious and not too expensive to maintain, I'll get a Lexus or Acura. If I want to go all out luxury and performance, I'll get a German (Mercedez Benz, BMW). If I want to go exotic, I'll get a Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini or an Agera. So really there's no room for Peugeot.

5 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 10:32pm On Mar 22, 2015
fishleg123:
for me, Peugeot is the best car on Nigeria road. I use 406, which I bought 3years ago from a bank manager after he had used it for 10 years. can u believe that d car was completely flooded b4 I bought it. d bsi, radio, engine.everything electrical was under water. they just allow it to dry. I bought d car and use it for all kind of farm work for 3 years b4 I had problem with d bsi. I changed d bsi and d car is back on d road. now, who can tell me that Peugeot 406 is a bad car . many of my friends have Toyota Camry, they dear not use their car d way I use mine.
thanks.

Thank you.

This is the message I have been trying to pass across. People let fear push them away from their heart desires. When people spend so much energy complaining or posting wrong information, rather than asking, "How can I....", rather than "Why is that..., why is there...etc".

Funny ask those preaching Peugeot 607 in all negative manner, how many of them have touched a 607 car key, let alone sat behind a steering of one, not to think of owing one? Yet, all they know is, someone said this about the lion, someone posted this about the lion, someone, someone, they said, they were saying, we heard, etc. The funny part some people don't take responsibilities. So when something goes wrong with their lions, they will quickly run to online, and try to tell the world how bad the car is. But they would always try to paint it the way they would not be blamed. How many of these reviews showed how the person use the car? What's the maintenance history like? How were they keeping the instructions in the manual?

One good part about these Lions is their On-board computers in them. Once it senses or notices a small issue, it warns you of the fault immediately on the Multifunction display. Even when you refused to change your clogged air filter, it warns you immediately of anti-pollution fault. Even when you use a fake oil filter or fake engine oil, it warns you immediately on the MFD. Unfortunately for some, that's what they consider unreliable electrics of Peugeots. They hate seeing those warnings. They would prefer the one that wont warn them, as far as the car keeps moving until it stops moving.

Like I have said over and over in this thread, the same VAN-bus electrical system in 406 is the same VAN-bus system in 607 phase I. The same CAN-bus system in phase II 607 is the same on 407. The same mechanicals in 406 is the same in 607. Yet, some would tell you 406 is more reliable than 607 and I keep wondering, where did they get these false information?

Let me put it this way everyone will understand. 607 is a luxury version of 406. Both were produced side by side in the same plant, with the same design, from one designer. Anyone that cannot handle a 607 cannot handle a 406. Anyone that can handle a 406 can handle a 607, because difference is only the body and more gadgets installed in 607 since its a luxury version of the other.

So if you like abusing cars, stay away from 406 & 607 because they are not for you. But if you want to have them and know how not to abuse them, then please, this thread is for you. If I can be enjoying my lions, any other person can. You don't have to be an expert to do that. And it doesn't cost fortune to do that either. Of course, not everyone will appreciate these information that I am giving out, because I am giving them out free. If you think you can get it elsewhere, do your googling.

Ikenna

4 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 23, 2015
Of course, not everyone will appreciate these information that I am giving out, because I am giving them out free. If

if you think you can get it elsewhere, do your googling.

Ikenna351 this is the perfect problem....like I have been saying the choice is yours people to either buy a vehicle almost everyone knows about or that which only a handful have knowledge of......hence reducing your bargaining power due to the monopoly of repairers! Good morning.... Its Smartchoices.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 4:59am On Mar 23, 2015
Good morning everyone,

Next, I am going to talk about Peugeot 607 Cooling system. I will explain in details how it works in 607, how to troubleshoot a faulty one and how not to abuse that system in Peugeot 607.

I will break it down as much as I can, for people who would love to learn and understand the system. Because once you understand how something works, how to use it and how to troubleshoot becomes easy, and most importantly, how to prevent it from failing (preventative maintenance). The Peugeot 607 cooling system is one of the simplest to troubleshoot, irrespective of the petrol engine, an I-4 or V6, for anyone interested to do these things his or herself. And amazing thing is, anyone can do it. It is that easy.

Ikenna
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 5:59am On Mar 23, 2015
SmartChoices:
Of course, not everyone will appreciate these information that I am giving out, because I am giving them out free. If

if you think you can get it elsewhere, do your googling.

Ikenna351 this is the perfect problem....like I have been saying the choice is yours people to either buy a vehicle almost everyone knows about or that which only a handful have knowledge of......hence reducing your bargaining power due to the monopoly of repairers! Good morning.... Its Smartchoices.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by auhanson(m): 1:12pm On Mar 23, 2015
oluwaseunla:

While I'm not really a Peugeot fan (save for the 406), this generalisation is completely false.

Funny thing is, there is a guy in my street that has been using the 607 since I knew him (like 4 years ago), as the only car, and generally, he has what I will term 'normal car issues'. Even that one is periodical. Admittedly, he maintains well, and he reads up on his car. I know you probably have seen peugeots giving their owners lots of issues, but did those owners ever found out the reason why?

I think truth is, most of us are too lazy to find out what we need to, to keep our vehicles running. Each car is peculiar, but with right handling, most cars will run as long as you wish them to.

You are correct guy.

The honest truth is that if you mess with the engine of these peugeot cars, you will need a loan to replace. Also, the only set back for me is the cost of their suspension systems, that's suppose to be wear items. And the fact that they all completely turn away from rear wheel drive to front shaft, aside that they are just ok.

When we were little kids, I will never forget my uncles 505 st and his 205 gti, no car , i repeat no car including the BM was a match to these rides on the highway, even volkswagen santana would struggle with these rides, anyways that's old glory. My dads double carb 504 modified 2.0 gr was not left out of the game and these cars were own by petrol head and were all back axle driven not to talk of the trans cameroun and desert dweller even till date , the almighty 504 wagon that transmutter uses to cross the roughest Cameroun Nigeria border even with loads, though such suspension systems are no more built in cars these days
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 23, 2015
auhanson:

The honest truth is that if you mess with the engine of these peugeot cars, you will need a loan to replace. shocked shocked Also, the only set back for me is the cost of their suspension systems, that's suppose to be wear items.

From a man who repairs his Mercedes with his hands... Need I say more?
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by fishleg123: 1:40pm On Mar 23, 2015
Peugeot 406 is my first car. I bought it 'Nigerian used'. but many people shouted when they saw it. they wondered what could have made me to but such a 'troublesome ' car. but today they all have a change of mind. pls, I think it's not too OK for any one to say evil of any car that he/she has not used.
according to ikenna, if 607 uses the same wiring system as 406, then 607 is as good as 406.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 23, 2015
fishleg123:
Peugeot 406 is my first car. I bought it 'Nigerian used'. but many people shouted when they saw it. they wondered what could have made me to but such a 'troublesome ' car. but today they all have a change of mind. pls, I think it's not too OK for any one to say evil of any car that he/she has not used.
according to ikenna, if 607 uses the same wiring system as 406, then 607 is as good as 406.

Is this thread about 406?

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by auhanson(m): 4:19pm On Mar 23, 2015
After posting, as i was reading up d lines as is usually my style i had reason to congratulate Benz on the timing chain stuff(Benz timing chains last with the engine)..i have never had any reason to open my engine bay to change timing belt nor anything apart from modifying my old Benz for performances boost. I think Benz still remains the best machine ever-you have no reason to open your engine except you are a heavy abuser and practically i bought an abuse, very heavily abused c class about 2 &1/2 years ago but ever since i corrected all the element of abuses, this car hardly ever cough again, apart from the last recent element of abuse from the previous owner that prompted me to overhaul my gearbox in my garage to look inside to find that hail of thing that was always hooking my gear, and that was the gear sprocket that controlled gear 1 and 2. And ever since i found an older one from a scrap vboot gear box and replaced it there(cos they are precisely the same) at no cost, i never had the gear hooked again for me to have reason to go under the car again to have gear unhooked as usual.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Container Falls On Range Rover In Oyo, Truck Driver Flees (Pictures) / Top 10 Most Expensive SUV 2015 (pictures) / Male And Female Cobras Killed In A Car

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.