Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,667 members, 7,770,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:01 PM

DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations (172167 Views)

Poll: when will the actual registration start?

This poll has ended

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (108) (Go Down)

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Tiwanna(f): 10:59pm On Sep 14, 2012
brightmon: dv 2014 will open online on the 2nd of Oct. You DO NOT, again you DO NOT need an attorney or an agent to fill out the form for you.
The application form only asks for your name date of birth sex (male or female)
the name of the town where you were born
the name of the country where you were born
your photograph
your address your email address
your phone number
(if married)
your husband's or wife's Name, Date of Birth,
Gender, City/Town of Birth, Country of Birth,
Photograph each of your children's Name, Date of Birth, Gender, City/Town of Birth, Country of Birth, Photograph That's all.
See the application form here: http:// www.dvlottery.state.gov/ and look for the application link.
Make sure you read the instruction carefully as you apply most importantly DONT FORGET
to print, copy and save the confirmation page that pops up at the end of your
application.
PLS DONT USE AND ANGENT OH, WE BEG YOU, DONT USE ANGENT.
Goodluck.

just to add to brightmon advice, dont register twice or u would be disqualified.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by dridowu: 10:13am On Sep 15, 2012
If u dnt have software to trim ur passport, ds site can help u for FREE concerning ur passport Visit http://www.lunapic.com/editor/
wen u upload d passport, click edit, dn resize image, u wil later c enter ur own dimension ,now enta both width and height, afta dat click resize image below it. Thats all. PLS DO IT YOURSELF , AVOID AGENT

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 10:27am On Sep 15, 2012
dridowu: If u dnt have software to trim ur passport, ds site can help u for FREE concerning ur passport Visit http://www.lunapic.com/editor/
wen u upload d passport, click edit, dn resize image, u wil later c enter ur own dimension ,now enta both width and height, afta dat click resize image below it. Thats all. PLS DO IT YOURSELF , AVOID AGENT
thanks for that. AGAIN, AVOID AGENT OHH! IF YOU DONT, YOU ON YOUR OWN.

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by senlu: 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2012
Hello house, i need ur
advice
in applying for dv-2014 visa
lottery program. Am i good 2
go with only GCE Certificate
plus SSCE Testmonial to process my visa issuance if i
win d lottery? NOTE: 1.I'm an
undergraduate student.
2.The year of birth in my
SSCE & GCE Certificates
differs. 3. It is only YEAR OF BIRTH in my GCE Certificate
reflected in all my documents
till date. Pls i need ur advice
concerning dv-2014 visa
lottery preparation!
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by NEROSKY(m): 1:17am On Sep 16, 2012
brightmon: dv 2014 will open online on the 2nd of Oct. You DO NOT, again you DO NOT need an attorney or an agent to fill out the form for you.
The application form only asks for your name date of birth sex (male or female)
the name of the town where you were born
the name of the country where you were born
your photograph
your address your email address
your phone number
(if married)
your husband's or wife's Name, Date of Birth,
Gender, City/Town of Birth, Country of Birth,
Photograph each of your children's Name, Date of Birth, Gender, City/Town of Birth, Country of Birth, Photograph That's all.
See the application form here: http:// www.dvlottery.state.gov/ and look for the application link.
Make sure you read the instruction carefully as you apply most importantly DONT FORGET
to print, copy and save the confirmation page that pops up at the end of your
application.
PLS DONT USE AND ANGENT OH, WE BEG YOU, DONT USE ANGENT.
Goodluck.
you're 4getin one thing,,, multiple application, i learn't it draws to termination of the applicant,,, gat it..
I wanna use my lappy 4 d registration stuff buh dunno how to print it cuz no printer.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 5:53am On Sep 16, 2012
Oh thats true, do not apply twice (multiple Registration) you will be disqualified and if you dont have five (5) crd in your O'leves with an SSCE Testmonial, pls dont waste your time.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 6:08am On Sep 16, 2012
NEROSKY:
you're 4getin one thing,,, multiple application, i learn't it draws to termination of the applicant,,, gat it..
I wanna use my lappy 4 d registration stuff buh dunno how to print it cuz no printer.
ok, cant you save the page on your laptop? But b4 you attempt anything PLESE write down your confirmation No. Note do not wirte, zero as O, five as S, one as I and seven as one.
You can likewise use your phone or camera to snap the confirmation No.
Goodluck.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 6:13am On Sep 16, 2012
senlu: Hello house, i need ur
advice
in applying for dv-2014 visa
lottery program. Am i good 2
go with only GCE Certificate
plus SSCE Testmonial to process my visa issuance if i
win d lottery? NOTE: 1.I'm an
undergraduate student.
2.The year of birth in my
SSCE & GCE Certificates
differs. 3. It is only YEAR OF BIRTH in my GCE Certificate
reflected in all my documents
till date. Pls i need ur advice
concerning dv-2014 visa
lottery preparation!
you are go to go as an undergratuate but the year of birth MUST tally on all Document.
O'leves with five crd is a must have.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by jidowu(m): 10:34am On Sep 16, 2012
Nice thread this is,am kind of waiting for the last sets of persons to be chosen maybe i might be lucky before i register for dv 2014,am an undergraduate in 3rd yr jst wana ask if am been chosen would i have to leave school 2 travel or would wait 2 finish depending on the duration of the processing
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 11:16am On Sep 16, 2012
jidowu: Nice thread this is,am kind of waiting for the last sets of persons to be chosen maybe i might be lucky before i register for dv 2014,am an undergraduate in 3rd yr jst wana ask if am been chosen would i have to leave school 2 travel or would wait 2 finish depending on the duration of the processing
you will be given six months VISA of which you are to leave within that time.
My advice; if you win, pls leave fast, cos your Nigerian University degree is not recognised in the US meaning, you must go back to school again. Even in 9ja, US degree will have more respect to that University of yours.
Goodluck.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by dridowu: 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2012
Hello to u all, a lot as been said abt agent, pls DON'T USE AGENT , but if u still decide to use agent, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU COLLECT YOUR CONFIRMATION NUMBER FROM YOUR AGENT IMMEDIATELY HE/SHE HELP YOU OUT, if u leave without your confirmation number den b ready to part away with a lot of money, because if ur agent check d result and u win , u will have to pay before ur agent release ur Confirmation number to u. Ur agent may even FORCED ARRANGEE MARRIAGE on you before he gives out the number which I believe u would not like.
I want to beg u all in the name of GOD/ALLAH, pls MAKE SURE YOU APPLY ON YOUR OWN, AVOID USE OF AGENT AND ALSO APPLY ONCE ONLY.............DON'T LET AGENT PUT YOU FOR PROBLEM.................................MY 1 CENT FOR TODAY

3 Likes

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by NEROSKY(m): 1:52pm On Sep 16, 2012
i want to use my lappy,, please how do i print it cuz no printer & is dere any specific size of image/passport to be used
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 16, 2012
This is good @dridowu: ​☂hαñks♥ Fø̲̣̣я̅ τ̣̣ђ€ link, dats ɑ̤̥̈̊ real deal. Afta all D̶̲̥̅̊ warning if anyones uses agent then.... Oº°˚˚°ºoo diparisky grin
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
jidowu: Nice thread this is,am kind of waiting for the last sets of persons to be chosen maybe i might be lucky before i register for dv 2014,am an undergraduate in 3rd yr jst wana ask if am been chosen would i have to leave school 2 travel or would wait 2 finish depending on the duration of the processing

logically, you can finish your degree and apply for masters when you land. your master degree should over shadow your undergrad. instead of starting afresh
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 17, 2012
A basic rule for applying for the dv lottery.

1. you must have an o'level result at least with five credits. (dont waste your time applying if you dont have it, you may be selected, but you will not get the greencard.

2. you should not apply more than once (unless you are married, and you may be included as a beneficiary to your spouse primary application).

3. make sure your name and the date of birth tally with what is in your Olevel result.

4. your passport photograph should not be more than six month old.

5. Make sure you add all your kids, if you are divorced, I guess you may be able to add up children under 21 who are under your custody.

I'll add up more info if I remember.

NB. American immigration systems does not recognise Homosexuals. so if you are gay/lesbian, better apply as single. grin grin grin cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by jidowu(m): 6:16pm On Sep 17, 2012
thanks guys for the reply GOD help us all.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2012
not many of us can sort out this photo issues. in order to be on the safe side, can someone please advice (places) where someone can take passport photograph with the right specifications, so that one can then save and use it for self online registration >>> appreciate
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by NEROSKY(m): 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2012
brightmon:
ok, cant you save the page on your laptop? But b4 you attempt anything PLESE write down your confirmation No. Note do not wirte, zero as O, five as S, one as I and seven as one.
Goodluck.
smiley smiley smiley
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by NEROSKY(m): 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2012
brightmon:
Goodluck.
gr8 idea,,,thanks, you've gat D scope... Imagine me blogging 4rom state smiley smiley ....everybody in dis vicinity is a winner!...

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by NEROSKY(m): 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2012
image seize is 2by2,,,consult ur photographer em...
@Brightmon, ar u in US?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 5:58pm On Sep 18, 2012
NEROSKY: image seize is 2by2,,,consult ur photographer em...
@Brightmon, ar u in US?
when applying online, you dont need 2 by 2 because you will upload the pics, so its 600 by 600 pix if its not changed for DV2014. Read the instruction when applying ohh.
Goodluck.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 6:15pm On Sep 18, 2012
DV-2014 Program Instructions is available in PDF format, link below, read am well well oh.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1318.html
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Gentiger(m): 10:09pm On Sep 18, 2012
austengold:
@kenny, do u know precisely when the registration will start for this year

2nd of October.

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by NEROSKY(m): 10:32pm On Sep 18, 2012
brightmon: DV-2014 Program Instructions is available in PDF format, link below, read am well well oh.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1318.html
one click to download
www.travel.state.gov/pdf/DV_2014_Instructions.pdf

anyway, fanks.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 10:44pm On Sep 18, 2012
NEROSKY:
one click to download
www.travel.state.gov/pdf/DV_2014_Instructions.pdf

anyway, fanks.
nice.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by NEROSKY(m): 11:44pm On Sep 18, 2012
brightmon:
nice.

U welcum!
I will hit on U wen we're deir..
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 22, 2012
Based on D̶̲̥̅̊ occupation/job req. What ® D̶̲̥̅̊ chances of someone who does quality assurance/control in ɑ̤̥̈̊ high tech telco during interviews if wins
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 2:49pm On Sep 22, 2012
austengold: Based on D̶̲̥̅̊ occupation/job req. What ® D̶̲̥̅̊ chances of someone who does quality assurance/control in ɑ̤̥̈̊ high tech telco during interviews if wins
MUST have 5 Olevels crd
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by chubbya2(f): 3:55pm On Sep 22, 2012
[quote author=dahonestboss]A basic rule for applying for the dv lottery.

1. you must have an o'level result at least with five credits. (dont waste your time applying if you dont have it, you may be selected, but you will not get the greencard.

2. you should not apply more than once (unless you are married, and you may be included as a beneficiary to your spouse primary application).

3. make sure your name and the date of birth tally with what is in your Olevel result.

4. your passport photograph should not be more than six month old.

5. Make sure you add all your kids, if you are divorced, I guess you may be able to add up children under 21 who are under your custody.

[b]My Waec result has date of birth different from my real one,which of course was an error from [/b]Waec.can i get an affidavit and my birth certificate to back it up?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 22, 2012
brightmon:
MUST have 5 Olevels crd
ɪ̣̝̇ would like τ̅☺ ask if one can combine results, cos back in schl i had 7 distinctions in WAEC, got ɑ̤̥̈̊ D7 in english, but made mγ̲̣̣̥ English in NECO. Will D̶̲̥̅̊ officials just check D̶̲̥̅̊ total Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊​o of crdits or base it on τ̣̣ђ€ fact dat one failed english.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 22, 2012
brightmon:
MUST have 5 Olevels crd
ɪ̣̝̇ would like τ̅☺ ask if one can combine results, cos back in schl i had 7 distinctions in WAEC, got ɑ̤̥̈̊ D7 in english, but made mγ̲̣̣̥ English in NECO. Will D̶̲̥̅̊ officials just check D̶̲̥̅̊ total Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊​o of crdits or base it on τ̣̣ђ€ fact dat one failed english. If U̶̲̥̅̊ d¤n't mind Boss, send Ɣ☺Your phone Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊​o τ̅☺ mγ̲̣̣̥ email wanna call U̶̲̥̅̊.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 8:00pm On Sep 22, 2012
austengold: ɪ̣̝̇ would like τ̅☺ ask if one can combine results, cos back in schl i had 7 distinctions in WAEC, got ɑ̤̥̈̊ D7 in english, but made mγ̲̣̣̥ English in NECO. Will D̶̲̥̅̊ officials just check D̶̲̥̅̊ total Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊​o of crdits or base it on τ̣̣ђ€ fact dat one failed english. If U̶̲̥̅̊ d¤n't mind Boss, send Ɣ☺Your phone Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊​o τ̅☺ mγ̲̣̣̥ email wanna call U̶̲̥̅̊.
yes you can combine result to make up a total of 5 crd. Two seating only.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (108)

List Of Poorest And Richest Country In The World 2013!!! / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.