Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations (172470 Views)

Poll: when will the actual registration start?

This poll has ended

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (108) (Go Down)

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by leon25aug: 1:38pm On Sep 29, 2012
I entered for the 2012 lottery. But i havn't been able to assess my status yet on the computer,they say my name is not correct,i'v alternated my 2 names&surname in various forms yet. What can i do.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 1:54pm On Sep 29, 2012
justwise:

Thanks for that, sorted now.
Thanks for that but pls check page 6, one of his post is still ther and a similer post, giving his shop address.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 1:54pm On Sep 29, 2012
justwise:

Thanks for that, sorted now.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by yasuleiman(m): 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2012
can my wife apply on my behalf?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 3:20pm On Sep 29, 2012
yasuleiman: can my wife apply on my behalf?
Yes but if she have your passport photo
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by justwise(m): 3:36pm On Sep 29, 2012
brightmon:
Thanks for that but pls check page 6, one of his post is still ther and a similer post, giving his shop address.

Removed.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2012
justwise:

Removed.
Thanks.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by wilson007: 4:18pm On Sep 29, 2012
Pls can someone tell me the diff btw JPG pictures and JPEG and will JPG disqualify me. Oga Justwise I dey wait
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Rogbese(m): 5:38pm On Sep 29, 2012
jpg and JPEG are the same. What is important is the size and resolution of the photo you send. When you get to the site, there is a button to click to verify ur photo. I hope this helps.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by drumma(m): 6:04pm On Sep 29, 2012
Hi guys having studied the 2013 thread from the first to the last Page I thought it's necessary to ask for you help concerning 2014 dv lottery though I'm still awaiting Oct 1st result..... Im sure my question would help not only me but others..... Here's the situation, I am a 400l student of lasu's part time school and that's been suspended by the ncc but meanwhile sometime last year when I got fed up with the way the school was going I went for a professional exam in aviation and got an Iata diploma certificate (if anyone knows what hat is) which I have been able to secure a job with in a travel agency.. Now my question is what do u fill in under my education and do I need to include my work experience as a travel professional even though my Iata cert is recognized world wide..... Pls id appreciate your help @justwise @tammy and the rest
Gracias
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by packaging(m): 6:31pm On Sep 29, 2012
drumma: Hi guys having studied the 2013 thread from the first to the last Page I thought it's necessary to ask for you help concerning 2014 dv lottery though I'm still awaiting Oct 1st result..... Im sure my question would help not only me but others..... Here's the situation, I am a 400l student of lasu's part time school and that's been suspended by the ncc but meanwhile sometime last year when I got fed up with the way the school was going I went for a professional exam in aviation and got an Iata diploma certificate (if anyone knows what hat is) which I have been able to secure a job with in a travel agency.. Now my question is what do u fill in under my education and do I need to include my work experience as a travel professional even though my Iata cert is recognized world wide..... Pls id appreciate your help @justwise @tammy and the rest
Gracias
as far as i knw all u wud fill in is high sch wit degree which am sure u posses....Iata might b widey recognised bt der aint provision for it in the application... I hope u find dis chip useful. Thanks

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Suchie(m): 8:04pm On Sep 29, 2012
wild child: pls I would like to ask few questions from you: 1. Is it tru dat u'Ll av to work for the US gov for particular period of time before you finally gain freedom? 2.what's really the advantage of a DV..thanks
Who said dat,dats nt true,yu wrk for yourself nt for the government,the money yu make is yours....As a DV winner,you will get yur Green card within one month which yu can still travel outside of the US and come in..then after abt 5 years you will get yur citizenship ie American passport.i just got my citizenship.if yu hav Questions feel free to ask me...Thanks
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Suchie(m): 8:09pm On Sep 29, 2012
@xtayle

Who is d guy let me ask him myself...I live in Nj too..precisely Maplewood.yu can't never play more than ones with the same names..if yu do dat yu will b automatically disqualified.l do play For my relatives n abt two pple worn n they r here in the states.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Suchie(m): 8:16pm On Sep 29, 2012
loveabletd: Pls can i do the reg through my jave or symbia phone?
No,go to the cyper cafe or use yur computer,laptop if yu hav one at home.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Suchie(m): 8:19pm On Sep 29, 2012
I Hate 9ja:
pls did u submitted and affidavit of support went u were about to get ur visa
Yes I submitted one
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 8:22pm On Sep 29, 2012
@xtayle

Don't submit your entry more than once as a Primary Applicant for the DV Lottery in any
given year. Because the authorities can find out those multiple entries with the help of
the latest electronic techniques and if multiple entries are found in the system, all your
entries will be removed from that fiscal year draw. If a person submit more than one E-DV entry with fake names for the green card lottery,
their entries will be found out by the authorities with the sophisticated equipments.
These programs also find out the photos of the same person and all the entries of that
person will be disqualified.

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Suchie(m): 8:26pm On Sep 29, 2012
brightmon:
Don't submit your entry more than once as a Primary Applicant for the DV Lottery in any
given year. Because the authorities can find out those multiple entries with the help of
the latest electronic techniques and if multiple entries are found in the system, all your
entries will be removed from that fiscal year draw. If a person submit more than one E-DV entry with fake names for the green card lottery,
their entries will be found out by the authorities with the sophisticated equipments.
These programs also find out the photos of the same person and all the entries of that
Thank yu my dear,tell him.......God bless yu
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Suchie(m): 8:27pm On Sep 29, 2012
brightmon:
Thank yu my dear..well said..tell him
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by drumma(m): 8:37pm On Sep 29, 2012
packaging: as far as i knw all u wud fill in is high sch wit degree which am sure u posses....Iata might b widey recognised bt der aint provision for it in the application... I hope u find dis chip useful. Thanks
@packaging thanks for your advise but my concern is that the lasu stuffs is supposed to be 5yrs and i still have one more year to go that's if they eventually let us off the hook..... I was actually hoping to just use High school no degree in the educational section but won't they be wondering what a 27yr old guy is doing with just an high school cert in the application ? I'll appreciate any further clarifications....
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 8:56pm On Sep 29, 2012
The Department of State implemented the electronic registration system beginning with DV-2005 in order to make the DV process more efficient and secure. The Department utilizes special technology and other means to identify those who commit fraud for the purposes of illegal immigration or those who submit multiple entries.
http://travel.state.gov/pdf/DV_2014_Instructions.pdf
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by packaging(m): 9:05pm On Sep 29, 2012
drumma:
@packaging thanks for your advise but my concern is that the lasu stuffs is supposed to be 5yrs and i still have one more year to go that's if they eventually let us off the hook..... I was actually hoping to just use High school no degree in the educational section but won't they be wondering what a 27yr old guy is doing with just an high school cert in the application ? I'll appreciate any further clarifications....
@drumma u haf said it all, d probab of lettin off the hook mst b cwiozly considad,; am also in ma 4th yr in Sch bt wudnt fill dat i gat my B.tech yet because of unforseen situation(i.e strike actions)... Its advisable to fill in wit d certificate u haf @ hand.( Remember d sayin dat a cash in hand is beta dan dat in xpectation). U dnt haf to worry abt the age tin, a family frnd aged 50above gat his visa based on high school wit degree... Evn as a mata of fact fillin BSc is nt an added advantage since it random selection and even @ interview u'll haf to tender all cert qualifyin ya cert wit Bsc related qu. So i'll advice wil stick to HIGH SCHOOL WITH DEGREE..... Thanks
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by livewire1: 9:23pm On Sep 29, 2012
austengold: not many of us can sort out this photo issues. in order to be on the safe side, can someone please advice (places) where someone can take passport photograph with the right specifications, so that one can then save and use it for self online registration >>> appreciate

There are alot to consider for the picture.

1.ur picture should and must be on a white/ plain background.

2. No pattern or design should be on the background surface even ur body shadow or any other object shadow should not cast at the background.

3. You must be facing the camera as if you are looking directly into the eyes of an angel.

4. Your two ears must be visible.like some of us whose cheeks have obscured our ears,make sure your head is in proportion as if when dissected what is seen to the right is a mirror of what is to the left.

5. Don't tilt the head as if one is sick.

6. For those using glasses, non is allowed.the passport should be without it.

7. For ladies and women, no head gear or tie allowed but it is exceptional for religious faithful but then your entire face must be visible if you are to cover your head.

8. The lighting in the room must be such that no shadow should be cast on ur face or neck area including the background. Even your face should not reflect light so use adequate powder to reduce the shine.

9. The brightness and contrast or gamma of the photo must not be too photoshopped that it makes the image look Artificial. You know what I mean.keep it natural as much as possible.

10. Image must not be blur.

11. No group photograph. Lol

12. The best tool to manipulate the picture to the exact picture size and pixel is Microsoft paint. And if you can use macromedia fireworks well,good for you.the two functions on paint you need are resize and attribute functions.you can even use corel draw if you can.

13. Don't stretch the image to make it fit in.

14. The image also must be such that it occupies 3/4 of the space and should be well centred.

15. Don't frown your face in the image and no smiling. Be natural.

16. You can give the specification above to the photographer.and if he is nice you might ask for the soft copy so as to manipulate it on your own.if he doesn't agree take the printed copy like that and scan with a clear scanner for you to manipulate.

You could tell him the purpose of the picture so that he gives you what u want exactly but then trust me your price go go up. You only need just one so you can negotiate on that but the most important thing is to get exactly what you want.

17. Its so funny but if you are married with 100 children the photo specifications must be observed for each child and uploaded accordingly with their details.

18. You are only permitted to apply once.but it is possible you apply twice legally but this is only for married folks where the husband or man apply as the principal applicant and the wife or woman as the spouse likewise the wife or woman as the pricipal and the husband as the spouse.

19. But the case where the guy is mapped to multiple girls and viceversa might get u a visa to your village. LMAO.

20. Mind you all your children listed must be below 21 as a dependant. Else they have to apply separately on their own.

21. I think I have said too much to bore you alreay. Sorry for that but on the final note. You can do it yourself. You may not need the service of an agent but then keep your code very well because that's your ticket to confirm if you win.

22. Good luck and God bless the federal Republic of Nigeria.

Peace!!!

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:46pm On Sep 29, 2012
femijck: @adesoji ...im also a final yr studnt and wil be thru hopefully by nxt yr...if im lucky to be a winner b4 my graduatn time wont i be ask fr d certificate?

it depends on what you fill as educational status,your present edu status is "some university courses".Your case is similar to a pregnant woman.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by 3RNEST(m): 10:49pm On Sep 29, 2012
hw can i download the dv pdf form sample on my phone? help plz.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 29, 2012
Suchie:
Yes I submitted one
i pls how do u get ur's,coz i av no relative who is willing to help & how much does it cost to file one in the u.s a law court.am bothered mehn.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by livewire1: 12:44am On Sep 30, 2012
austengold: not many of us can sort out this photo issues. in order to be on the safe side, can someone please advice (places) where someone can take passport photograph with the right specifications, so that one can then save and use it for self online registration >>> appreciate

There are alot to consider for the picture.

1.ur picture should and must be on a white/ plain background.

2. No pattern or design should be on the background surface even ur body shadow or any other object shadow should not cast at the background.

3. You must be facing the camera as if you are looking directly into the eyes of an angel.

4. Your two ears must be visible.like some of us whose cheeks have obscured our ears,make sure your head is in proportion as if when dissected what is seen to the right is a mirror of what is to the left.

5. Don't tilt the head as if one is sick.

6. For those using glasses, non is allowed.the passport should be without it.

7. For ladies and women, no head gear or head tie allowed but it is exceptional for religious faithful but then your entire face must be visible if you are to cover your head.

8. The lighting in the room must be such that no shadow should be cast on ur face or neck area including the background. Even your face should not reflect light so use adequate powder to reduce the shine.

9. The brightness and contrast or gamma of the photo must not be too photoshopped that it makes the image look Artificial. You know what I mean.keep it natural as much as possible.

10. Image must not be blur.

11. No group photograph. Lol

12. The best tool to manipulate the picture to the exact picture size and pixel is Microsoft paint. And if you can use macromedia fireworks well,good for you.the two functions on paint you need are resize and attribute functions.you can even use corel draw if you can.

13. Don't stretch the image to make it fit in.

14. The image also must be such that it occupies 3/4 of the space and should be well centred.

15. Don't frown your face in the image and no smiling. Be natural.

16. You can give the specification above to the photographer.and if he is nice you might ask for the soft copy so as to manipulate it on your own.if he doesn't agree take the printed copy like that and scan with a clear scanner for you to manipulate.

You could tell him the purpose of the picture so that he gives you what u want exactly but then trust me your price go go up. You only need just one so you can negotiate on that but the most important thing is to get exactly what you want.

17. Its so funny but if you are married with 100 children the photo specifications must be observed for each child and uploaded accordingly with their details.

18. You are only permitted to apply once.but it is possible you apply twice legally but this is only for married folks where the husband or man apply as the principal applicant and the wife or woman as the spouse likewise the wife or woman as the pricipal and the husband as the spouse.

19. But the case where the guy is mapped to multiple girls and viceversa might get u a visa to your village. LMAO.

20. Mind you all your children listed must be below 21 as a dependant. Else they have to apply separately on their own.

21. I think I have said too much to bore you alreay. Sorry for that but on the final note. You can do it yourself. You may not need the service of an agent but then keep your code very well because that's your ticket to confirm if you win.

22. Good luck and God bless the federal Republic of Nigeria.

Peace!!!
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Suchie(m): 12:58am On Sep 30, 2012
I Hate 9ja:
i pls how do u get ur's,coz i av no relative who is willing to help & how much does it cost to file one in the u.s a law court.am bothered mehn.
If yu are the only one applying,yu dnt need it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (108)

List Of Poorest And Richest Country In The World 2013!!! / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.