Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,559 members, 7,770,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:44 AM

DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations (172157 Views)

Poll: when will the actual registration start?

This poll has ended

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (108) (Go Down)

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by toria1980(f): 2:18am On Sep 28, 2012
val_dubem:

Bros U get time oo cheesy

u too get time oo
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by wonlasewonimi: 4:20am On Sep 28, 2012
wild child: I tot the US will be the one responsible for one's welfare wen u get to the US tru d visa lottery...which 1 are dey talkin abt that they aint goin to be responsible

they are even going to wipe your asss for you after every watery shits you shat as soon as you land.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Suchie(m): 5:03am On Sep 28, 2012
xtayle: Anyone who pays 4 US Visa Lottery is a maga. I know people who tactically play several entries to increase their chances. One person can even win 4 or 5 and sell some of it.
Dats nt true..if yu played more than ones yu will b automatically disqualified.Am a DV winner 2007
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Suchie(m): 5:06am On Sep 28, 2012
zubbainno123: Please will ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ be having any advantage if a friend who I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊ a citizen and based over there in the US help ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ apply??
Dats ok,he can help yu to apply...I do d same 4 my peeps back home...Am a Dv Winner 2007.Gudluck
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by wildchild1: 6:52am On Sep 28, 2012
Suchie:
Dats nt true..if yu played more than ones yu will b automatically disqualified.Am a DV winner 2007
pls I would like to ask few questions from you: 1. Is it tru dat u'Ll av to work for the US gov for particular period of time before you finally gain freedom? 2.what's really the advantage of a DV..thanks
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Pelumiv(m): 6:55am On Sep 28, 2012
To confirm if your photo matches with the requirement there is a link to the photo validator that will check your passport if its correct or not.
Some 1 said earlier that he hasn't see any1 that won with work experience, It seems a guy won here on Nairaland in d DV2012 with that.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by phela: 7:24am On Sep 28, 2012
Can I play this lottery without having an international passport?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 7:28am On Sep 28, 2012
wild child: pls I would like to ask few questions from you: 1. Is it tru dat u'Ll av to work for the US gov for particular period of time before you finally gain freedom? 2.what's really the advantage of a DV..thanks
Thats not true.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 7:29am On Sep 28, 2012
phela: Can I play this lottery without having an international passport?
yes you can
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by ahmedgafar7(m): 7:31am On Sep 28, 2012
strangest:
How old are you?
teenager
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by loveabletd(m): 8:06am On Sep 28, 2012
Pls can i do the reg through my jave or symbia phone?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by dridowu: 8:14am On Sep 28, 2012
Pelumiv: To confirm if your photo matches with the requirement there is a link to the photo validator that will check your passport if its correct or not.
Some 1 said earlier that he hasn't see any1 that won with work experience, It seems a guy won here on Nairaland in d DV2012 with that.
bros, am also following DV 2012 and DV 2013 thread, I wrote dat 1 in 100, wins with works experience, am sure d person who won on dv 2012 thread wins it alongside academic, I write to challenge u also dat how many people do u know personally dat won and also given diversity visa in nigeria without academic dat uses only work experience ? How many people do u come across on dv 2012 and 2013 that uses ONLY work experience without academic ?Pls b sincere
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by mexxyaaron(m): 8:37am On Sep 28, 2012
Thanks all,this is quite educative and an eye opener unlike the usual tribal and religious wars that nairaland is known for these days. E.g ileke idi,haji haram,afam4ever and the rest of the warlords please quit the fighting among yourselves but take the battle to doorsteps of our leaders cos all of them are the brains behind the woes of this country.they are all business parters and friends but they won't hesitate to play the tribal and religious card for their own selfish goals.so guys and gals e.g ileke idi and co,pls wise up and stop being used to achieve their purpose. Lovely topic,give it up everyone.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by jimoesi: 8:56am On Sep 28, 2012
I have am issue with getting the exact size of photograph (600x600 megapixel ) and 240 kb can anyone pls explain to me how to go abt resizing pic to particular sizes.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Cruzgee: 8:56am On Sep 28, 2012
Can I download my picture or passport from my phone for it or it is only on camera? Also, what size should it be?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 9:03am On Sep 28, 2012
Cruz-gee:
Can I download my picture or passport from my phone for it or it is only on camera? Also, what size should it be?
Yes you can use your phone but read:
The image file can be produced either by taking a new digital photograph or by scanning a photographic print with a digital scanner. The image
file must adhere to the compositional and technical specifications listed below. Entrants
may test their photos for suitability through the photo validation link on the e-DV website
before submitting their entries. The photo validation provides additional technical advice
on photo composition, along with examples of acceptable and unacceptable photos.
Compositional Specifications: The submitted digital image must conform to the following compositional specifications or the entry will be disqualified.
„h Head Position
o The person being photographed must directly face the camera.
o The head of the person should not be tilted up, down, or to the side.
o The head height or facial region size (measured from the top of the head, including the
hair, to the bottom of the chin) must be between 50 percent and 69 percent of the image's total height. The eye height (measured from the bottom of the image to the
level of the eyes) should be between 56 percent and 69 percent of the image's height.
„h Digital Image Head Size Template
Review examples on the Photo Requirements webpage
„h Background
o The person being photographed should be in front of a neutral, light-colored background.
o Dark or patterned backgrounds are not acceptable.
„h Focus
o The photograph must be in focus.
„h Decorative Items o Photographs in which the person being photographed is wearing sunglasses or other
items that detract from the face will not be accepted.
„h Head Coverings and Hats
o Photos of applicants wearing head coverings or hats are only acceptable if the head
covering is worn for religious beliefs; even then, the head covering may not obscure any
portion of the face of the applicant. Photographs of applicants with tribal or other headgear not specifically religious in nature will not be accepted; photographs of
military, airline, or other personnel wearing hats will not be accepted.
Color photographs in 24-bit color depth are required. Color photographs may be
downloaded from a camera to a file in the computer or they may be scanned onto a
computer. If you are using a scanner, the settings must be for True Color or 24-bit color
mode. See the additional scanning requirements below. Technical Specifications
The submitted digital photograph must conform to the following specifications or the
system will automatically reject the E-DV entry form and notify the sender.
„P Taking a New Digital Image. If a new digital image is taken, it must meet the
following specifications:
„Í Image File Format: The image must be in the Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) format.
„Í Image File Size:
The maximum image file size is 240 kilobytes (240 KB).
„Í Image Resolution and Dimensions:
Minimum acceptable dimensions are 600 pixels (width) x 600 pixels (height). Image
pixel dimensions must be in a square aspect ratio (meaning the height must be equal to the width).
„Í Image Color Depth:
Image must be in color (24 bits per pixel). 24-bit black and white or 8-bit images will not
be accepted.
„h Scanning a Submitted Photograph. Before a photographic print is scanned, it must
meet the compositional specifications listed above. If the photographic print meets the print color and compositional specifications, scan the print using the following scanner
specifications:
„Í Scanner Resolution:
Scanned at a resolution of at least 300 dots per inch (dpi).
„Í Image File Format:
The image must be in the Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) format. „Í Image File Size:
The maximum image file size is 240 kilobytes (240 KB).
„Í Image Resolution:
600 by 600 pixels.
„Í Image Color Depth:
24-bit color. [Note that black and white, monochrome, or grayscale images will not be accepted.]
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by packaging(m): 9:04am On Sep 28, 2012
jimoesi: I have am issue with getting the exact size of photograph (600x600 megapixel ) and 240 kb can anyone pls explain to me how to go abt resizing pic to particular sizes.
if u wanna edit d size, u can use dis site................- lunapic.com/editor/..... Tnk you !
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by packaging(m): 9:08am On Sep 28, 2012
Cruz-gee:
i wud advice u snap frm a profesiona fotographa to meet d required standard.. Most fotographa knws d dimension, its 600x600p
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Goldieluks: 9:19am On Sep 28, 2012
I want to travel to AMERICA, please somebody help me on how to go by it. cry
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by packaging(m): 9:41am On Sep 28, 2012
Goldieluks: I want to travel to AMERICA, please somebody help me on how to go by it. cry
all u haf to do is, go to MMA, walk towards departure wing n tel d airline attendant u wana travel to d state. Lmao.... Jst kiddin dou! Pls apply fr dis yr dv lottery,its a beta chance of achievin ya wish. pray n refreshes ya hope @ all tym. I'm sure baba wudnt disappoint any1 of us once d result is out... Amin
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by mannet(m): 9:55am On Sep 28, 2012
femijck: Plz guys i dnt understand wat going on now because nw that i heard kcc has postpone any list ...can those of us hoping to see our name in oct list ...stil put in for d dv2014 ..hope that nt against d DV law.
It's not against the law,u are very much free to apply again even if u win for dv2013.the only crime is if u submit 2 entries for a particular Dv,but so far is different year DV then u are free.

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 28, 2012
Suchie:
pls did u submitted and affidavit of support went u were about to get ur visa
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:45am On Sep 28, 2012
I Hate 9ja:
pls did u submitted and affidavit of support went u were about to get ur visa

Affidavit of support is not compulsory for Dv winners, you don't need it except someone is filing for you.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by wetinconcernyou(m): 10:58am On Sep 28, 2012
i have a question please and i would appreciate any useful input

if my parents list me as a child ('m below 21) in their application, can i still submit an individual application for myself?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by seniorklop: 11:09am On Sep 28, 2012
@ all,
My WAEC certificate do not carries date of birth as it is done nowadays...however, d age i'm using now is different from what i used in secondary sch. is it possible for "THEM" to check records in schools?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:16am On Sep 28, 2012
wetinconcernyou: i have a question please and i would appreciate any useful input

if my parents list me as a child ('m below 21) in their application, can i still submit an individual application for myself?
Yes, that is to your advantage.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:18am On Sep 28, 2012
seniorklop: @ all,
My WAEC certificate do not carries date of birth as it is done nowadays...however, d age i'm using now is different from what i used in secondary sch. is it possible for "THEM" to check records in schools?

I love your sincerity, You have to stick to the date of birth you use to register for Waec certificate even though you dont have it on it.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by hagma37yahoocom: 11:39am On Sep 28, 2012
yhemini:

loooool.. i know he is, just wanna know ow much it is 2 apply cos i know one is gon pay certain amount. Just not sure ow much it is. Pls anyone wiv good info shud pls drop it. Thanks
how i wish i b scammer your type go b my ready made victim everybody say its free u stil dey do strong head olodo
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by teewee800: 11:40am On Sep 28, 2012
WHEN IS THE LOTTERY STARTING ?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by mrkels(m): 11:47am On Sep 28, 2012
[size=13pt]@brightmoon and others answering questions , to be frank you guys are trying, some of these questions are shocking and annoying and these ans can be found on the internet, for free self. People are just too lazy to find out things for themselves, now look at the person above me asking when its starting when it was clearly stated on the thread when it would start, even if the person didn't read through the whole thread, can't you just google it? Or go to their website? I dislike people with these lazy attitude[/size]

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by justwise(m): 11:50am On Sep 28, 2012
Goldieluks: I want to travel to AMERICA, please somebody help me on how to go by it. cry

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by anyibest1: 11:58am On Sep 28, 2012
Greetings Ooº°˚˚˚°º
Here is some info to bear in mind when applying, make sure you select the eductional level base on the certificate you have so far and if you are planing on applying with your boyfrd/girlfrd as ur spouce, maybe ready to show ur marriage certificte when u enventuly win.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (108)

List Of Poorest And Richest Country In The World 2013!!! / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.