Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. - Jokes Etc (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. (16139 Views)

When Your Shadow Refuse To Participate In Your Lies (photo) / Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street / When Your Parents Don't Have Any Intention Of Buying Uniform For You.. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by dubem3(m): 8:31am On Jun 20, 2012
lucom: Cos i hated eating beans mum wld tell me "if you dont eat beans u won't be handsome(eniti ko ba je ewa ko ni lewa)" trust me i blvd her. lol

since term that as one of the lies, am guessing the project didn't work out as expected.
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 20, 2012
chimuchi: [size=28pt]my parents never told me lies. they gave good examples.[/size]

What a sweet lie that touches grin grin
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by TheMatrix3: 9:17am On Jun 20, 2012
I once challenged my father in SS1 when I performed poorly and he gave me that bull cr@p abt always coming 1st. I asked him cynically "whish parent would eva claim to have come last angry " mehn, I got the beating of my life cry cry cry

Other lies I was told were:
* Dont sweep at nyt, yopu'd invite witches
* Go to bed early else the SPIRIT of growth will come to yur bed, and if he doesn't find you, you will remain a dwarf shocked (dis one scared the poo outta me)
* Dont kill Wall Gecko, 'twill make you wet your bed
* Dont kill those fat slimy toads, you'll break a glass cup and loose your spoons if you do
* Playing Draught (aka draft) will make you dull
* Never drink Coke and drink Garri or Eat Mango and eat Eba.... Na today grin
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by SpiritofOkija(m): 9:46am On Jun 20, 2012
Dont kill wall geckos - It will collapse the building..

Do not whistle at night - It invites witches..

Do not sweep at night - You are sweeping away your blessings..

Do not eat in the dream - You will become a witch

Do not have sex in the dream - You will marry a water spirit..

Believe in God - Or you will go to hell.. (#Priceless)

DO not drink garri and Mango together - Na die sure pass..

Do not spit into the toilet - You will get a sore throat..

Smack your lips twice at a lightening strike - To divert thunder from firing you.. #Priceless
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Vessel4christ(m): 9:54am On Jun 20, 2012
Dnt eat @ d door post,u wnt b satisfyd. na serios lie!
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Rocktation(f): 10:05am On Jun 20, 2012
movicy: thanks for this thread rock

Awww, thank you too! You guys made it rock, big time.
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by clemmonce(m): 1:51pm On Jun 20, 2012
chipet:

What's guluso?
DNT REALLY KNW BUT I THINK IT IS THE LEAF OF A PLANT.
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 20, 2012
[quote author=Rocktation]We love our parents and always will respect them. However, they spin a yarn as good as the rest of us. These are some of the fibs they fed me while growing up. You should share yours too.

1. They all came first in class. (So who came second?)
2. All the gala sellers are dead. (Who sells to them every other time that they buy?)
3. Money cannot buy happiness. (Well, it doesn't make you unhappy either).
4. All parents did not fornicate before marriage. (I hear)
5. Children jump out through the stomach at parturition. shocked
6. You'll fall pregnant if a boy does so much as holds your hand. ( I suppose don born a whole country by now)
7. "Just tell me the truth, you won't get in trouble". (Yeah right!)

Share yours.so true
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:21pm On Jun 20, 2012
Jesus will come back and take us to heaven...
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by trisurface: 6:22pm On Jun 20, 2012
"This Injection is not painful...." Na D whole
"If U talk while plucking chicken feathers, The feathers will multiply and U'll never finish"
"Children dont talk when elders are discussing"- Na my matter dem dey discuss O!
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Dagods(m): 6:34pm On Jun 20, 2012
If u come close 2 a moving train, it will magnet u,,asi-asi, p'ple wey dey sell 4 railway don die finish?
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Decryptor(m): 11:02am On Jun 22, 2012
I asked what condom was and they said "It's a drug for adults"

Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by luckyflair(m): 12:22pm On Jun 23, 2012
Wen i was a kid,pussy meant cat....sex meant gender.....bitch was a female dog........dick was a name...........bang was a sound..........Bleep was a cutlery..........rubber was just like plastic...........ass was animal...........screw was just a nut..........head meant a part of body.........hmmmm!but now,everytin is just damn complicated
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Frankkk(m): 1:02pm On Jul 10, 2014
Yes oooo
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by purplekayc(m): 10:25pm On Jul 15, 2014
That you would be struck by lightning if you stole anything grin
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by obontami: 10:20am On Nov 08, 2016
trisurface:
"This Injection is not painful...." Na D whole
"If U talk while plucking chicken feathers, The feathers will multiply and U'll never finish"
"Children dont talk when elders are discussing"- Na my matter dem dey discuss O!

grin LOLZZZZ cheesy
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by obontami: 10:20am On Nov 08, 2016
luckyflair:
Wen i was a kid,pussy meant cat....sex meant gender.....bitch was a female dog........dick was a name...........bang was a sound..........Bleep was a cutlery..........rubber was just like plastic...........ass was animal...........screw was just a nut..........head meant a part of body.........hmmmm!but now,everytin is just damn complicated

DAMNNN grin
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by obontami: 10:22am On Nov 08, 2016
Sup lezznjr? u saw my mail? smiley
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by DriveByKiller: 2:57pm On Nov 08, 2016
obontami:
Sup lezznjr? u saw my mail? smiley
I will check, bro. I'm on transit.
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by obontami: 3:04pm On Nov 08, 2016
DriveByKiller:
I will check, bro. I'm on transit.

Its nothing serious though. Just looking out for you. smiley

Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by lezznjr: 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2016
obontami:
Sup le.zznjr? u saw my mail? smiley
Sup ,bro, just got home now and logged onto my mail but there's no sign of you.
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by obontami: 8:46pm On Nov 08, 2016
lezznjr:
Sup ,bro, just got home now and logged onto my mail but there's no sign of you.

Wow good to have you back. I'm already missing your flows here.

The mail I contacted is the mail you use to open your "lezzlie" NL account. grin
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by obontami: 9:07pm On Nov 08, 2016
lezznjr:
Okay, bro. The mods condemned me to do time as if that will ever make me change my ways.
I guess they banned that account for 2 months. Ain't It ?? angry
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by obontami: 10:38pm On Nov 08, 2016
lezznjr:
6 months bro. grin
Dammmnnn those moderators are really heartless angry
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 31, 2019
My child rates this colour palette very amazing :-) angry

How To Steal Chicken This X-mas / Gala Sellers To Represent Nigeria AT 2014 Winter Olympics. / God Made Weed (4 Weeders Only)