Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Say Something Positive About Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say Something Positive About Nigeria (6982 Views)

Say Something Positive About The President You Oppose / Nigeria @52! Say Something Special And Positive About Her. / Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by BeraBera(f): 9:33am On Jul 02, 2012
ROSSIKE: Something else about Nigeria. The rural areas are still treasured by the people, with efforts made to develop them. Nigerians build their retirement homes there, and travel frequently to their home towns. Bustling markets and commercial activities abound there. Rural traditions and customs are still followed and respected.

You'll be surprised that this is actually unique in Africa, where to a large extent, rural areas are largely abandoned and allowed to regress, with many regarding the villages as dead and unworthy. I have friends from places like Zambia and Uganda, and the idea of travelling to one's village for christmas is viewed by them as absurd. Their villages look like what you'd see on CNN - just deprivation. In Nigerian rural areas, you'll find private mansions, schools, hotels, hospitals, markets, fast food joints, and recharge card dealers for mobiles.
AS in eh! This is da bomb! More! More!! More!!!
Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by Ayorh4you(m): 9:35am On Jul 02, 2012
Naija go beta
Naija my country, me nt running away. Together we gonna make it a great NATION
I c a greater 9ja

1 Like

Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 02, 2012
.It is only in our country we drink and drive, and when the police stops us, they ask for drinks....
...It is only in our country we are not given tickets for illegal parking...
...It is only in our country that when the rain seems so heavy, we take our bottles high, and still party, despite in the heavy rain....
....It is only in our country that we celebrate is a protest which is supposed to be harmful...(though sometimes it gets rough anyway)
....it is only in our country that positive/negative bribe is illegal, i say positive and negative, because there is no distinction as to bribe anyway...
....It is only in our country that if a politician steals and get caught and later freed, is being celebrated, unlike others who commit suicide..
....It is only in our country we will buy second hand car and shout with so much joy...in other words, climbed a step of poverty...
...It is only in our country where my great grand father would shout when NEPA bring light, and then my grand dad was born, he will shout up NEPA, then my papa was born, him sef shout UP NEPA, and me was born, me sef shout UP NEPA, and then my son is born, him sef shout UP NEPA, and yet, no body craze...
....It is only in our country your boss will shout at you, call your mom a fool, ask you if your mom can get 2 million naira, and all you care is wait for the end of the month...
....It is only in our country we go to church as a very poor man, sing praises to GOD, and yet we can't see the pastor, only the rich does....and yet, we still go to church and remain happy...
ETC ETC...

2 Likes

Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by Ownfag(m): 9:36am On Jul 02, 2012
Nigeria is an oil producing country, Nigeria is one of the country in the world where every one wants to live in and love to associate with the people from it. Nigeria has too many talents than any other country in Africa, that is why we remain the giant of Africa.. Nigerians never carry last. Thank God am a NIGERIAN. Nigeria is an oil producing country, Nigeria is one of the country in the world where every one wants to live in and love to associate with the people from it. Nigeria has too many talents than any other country in Africa, that is why we remain the giant of Africa.. Nigerians never carry last. Thank God am a NIGERIAN. Nigeria is an oil producing country, Nigeria is one of the country in the world where every one wants to live in and love to associate with the people from it. Nigeria has too many talents than any other country in Africa, that is why we remain the giant of Africa.. Nigerians never carry last. Thank God am a NIGERIAN.

2 Likes

Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by BeraBera(f): 9:41am On Jul 02, 2012
I composed this song when i was in the Primary school, and i keep singing it in at home regularly. Pls enjoy:- "NIGERIA is our country, we have no other. NIGERIA is our country, we have no other. Obodo anyi bu Nigeria, anyi enweghi obodo ozo. Let us build up Nigeria, ka anyi bulite ya elu!!!

1 Like

Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by SpiritofOkija(m): 9:43am On Jul 02, 2012
Nigeria... We dont die, we multiply!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by BeraBera(f): 9:47am On Jul 02, 2012
Nigerians are very very very hospitable.they accommodate people from other tribes
Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:48am On Jul 02, 2012
You can die in Nigeria but leave ur manhood behind for others to use..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by mansuley: 9:54am On Jul 02, 2012
Nigeria is full of wonderful natural habitants and its environment.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 02, 2012
Nigeria, my only home. So many beautiful ladies. Hardest working people. We are smarter. Our government dont impose heavy tax on us. We are great people and we conquer Africa. Worldwide, people are proud and scared of our maradonic prowess. They watch us from all angles, cos we are too much. We are the greatest. They make technology, we sit and enjoy. Big ups Nigerians. We are confident that once our political leaders provide us 247 electricity, the sky will be no limit to what is achievable. I pledge to Nigeria, to be faithful, loyal and honest. So help me God.

3 Likes

Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by remmyton(f): 10:14am On Jul 02, 2012
kentornic: Nigeria is Presently the freest country in the world. So much liberty and freedom to do as you like. grin grin

smiley cheesy
Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by remmyton(f): 10:22am On Jul 02, 2012
Built2last: I am confident that this nation shall florish again, just like in every person's life, Things are never rosy all the way. I know its a phase and we shall soon overcome it. The present state of Nigeria typically reminds of way back in school when there was no hope of even what to eat, how to pay school fees. today i'm an employer of labour and many on my scholarship list..Its a phase and we shall overcome it.Weeping may endure for the night but joys comes in the morning.

Amen!!! Amen!!! Ameeeeeennnn!!!!!!!!!
Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by tpapi: 10:28am On Jul 02, 2012
It is well nigeria
Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by otosa(m): 10:30am On Jul 02, 2012
Nigeria will win Brazil year 2014 World Cup, Nigeria shall be among of the countries that have nuclear weapon by year 2015, Dollar will come down to 1naira by dollar in the next ten months, Nigerians shall be granted free visa to anywhere in the world. Every street shall full of CCTV like China for security propose with 24/7 electronic light. Our leaders will stop to carry our money to abroad, Police will see bribe as a poison and they will stop collecting it. And the word of america philosophies shall come pass that Nigeria will break into 3 by year 2015, because there is no Unity,Peace and Faith in this Nation again. Can't u say amen?
Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by swiftycool(m): 10:34am On Jul 02, 2012
Nigeria is a land of opportunities- u can become a speaker the House Of Assembly with just school cert qualifications unlike other big countries grin

Altho a graduate without Nysc can't even smell d post of counsellor undecided
Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by Silensa(m): 10:35am On Jul 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Roads are being constructed (well atleast in moi state) for better transportation access.
I think nigeria is improving on that
Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by tpapi: 10:42am On Jul 02, 2012
D boko haram u see 2day, u shal see dem no more

1 Like

Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by gator666: 10:56am On Jul 02, 2012
A lot of genuinely good people, with a bunch of those working hard to spoil the good picture.

A lot of good customs, which we Europeans should adopt.

A lot of good food which is, sadly, too spicy for me wink

And, let me not forget, former Miss World coming from Kalabari land.
Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by freecocoa(f): 10:56am On Jul 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Nigerian police are our friends. They sympathize with us.
That we should say something positive does not mean sarcasm should be the watch word. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by PrinceDudu(m): 11:09am On Jul 02, 2012
Nigeria, the one with the best lyrics for a National Anthem. grin cheesy wink

Arise, O compatriots, Nigeria's call obey
To serve our fatherland
With love and strength and faith
The labor of our heroes past
Shall never be in vain
To serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom, peace and
unity.

Oh God of creation, direct our noble cause
Guide our leaders right
Help our youth the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace and justice
shall reign.

2 Likes

Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by AK481(m): 11:20am On Jul 02, 2012
@ the tender age of 9 I travelled out to the us,moved to wales(uk) with ma family @ the age of 15,travelled to south africa @19 to hustle.now last 4yrs I made up my mind not to travel out of my" beloved" ....I ve seen it all,I ve known it all.but my brother,"no place like home"

So to all my privileged friends,invest wisely,invest @ home,invest in nigeria,invest on/in 170 million people.

3 Likes

Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by shadrach77: 11:21am On Jul 02, 2012
World's greatest scam artists
Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by Acelifted: 11:24am On Jul 02, 2012
Nigeria, the land beyond the Rivers of Ethiopia where the Rivers do divide, in this 3rd day, you shall arise and fulfill your prophetic as spoken by the mouth of the Lord Himself (Isa 18: 1-7).

1 Like

Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by putro(m): 11:26am On Jul 02, 2012
Nigeria is a beautiful zoo run by too a wonderful severely Wise zoologist. lol. . that should be positive enough.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by BeraBera(f): 11:33am On Jul 02, 2012
yorke1: Nigerian Girls are beautiful.
I am one of them (winks)
Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by Tyche(m): 11:46am On Jul 02, 2012
freecocoa: That we should say something positive does not mean sarcasm should be the watch word. cheesy
You should have ignored that attention seeker.
Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 02, 2012
Nollywood,3rd largest producers of movies in the world.
Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 02, 2012
Home to Africa,s richest man.Nigeria.The Niger Area
Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 11:52am On Jul 02, 2012
The African nation that can become the America of the black race.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by serenegroup(m): 11:59am On Jul 02, 2012
Nigeria my country is blessed beyond words can describe. from jos plateau to Edo to idanre hills to ekiti and as well as other part of d country. what about our abundant natural resources. what about the beautiful faces i see every where i go. God bless Nigeria. God bless Abuja God bless Kuje God bless Nigerians. God bless me.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by nifemi01(m): 12:07pm On Jul 02, 2012
Push us against d wall, we don't fight back we dig and claw into the wall instead.
Re: Say Something Positive About Nigeria by Walecole74: 12:11pm On Jul 02, 2012
Nigeria is endowed in all ramifications and we have all the resources both in human and material to collectively make the nation the best. We need to keep praying;we need to support our leaders; we need to think positively ; we need to value our security... God bless Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau / The Owners Of The Ship Arrested By NNPC Revealed. / 2012 Budget: FG Removes Fuel Subsidy & Proposes N4.8tr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.