Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Italian Student Visa-help! - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Italian Student Visa-help! (480659 Views)

I Need South Africa Visa Help / Cable Visa Help / FRENCH TOURIST VISA : Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 11, 2016
Hello,

If you need assistance with hotel and flight reservation, you can use GEM travel and tours Ltd (gemtravelsng .com). They helped with mine. And please o, I'm not one of their agents or whatsoever - I am also an applicant like the rest of most peeps here, the reason I am recommending them is they were very polite and straightforward in their dealings. They also gave several reassurances (Cos I asked dozens of times) that the hotel/flight won't be cancelled till I give a go ahead. I was also able to track the flight booking on KLM website myself to confirm the legibility before paying (7k).

All this I did without even visiting their office, my flight/hotel reservations were mailed to me. Sharing because someone might need the info.

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by lubarika: 1:15pm On Aug 11, 2016
sourcecode001:
Hello,
If you need assistance with hotel and flight reservation, you can use GEM travel and tours Ltd (gemtravelsng .com). They helped with mine. And please o, I'm not one of their agents or whatsoever - I am also an applicant like the rest of most peeps here, the reason I am recommending them is they were very polite and straightforward in their dealings. They also gave several reassurances (Cos I asked dozens of times) that the hotel/flight won't be cancelled till I give a go ahead. I was also able to track the flight booking on KLM website myself to confirm the legibility before paying (7k).
All this I did without even visiting their office, my flight/hotel reservations were mailed to me. Sharing because someone might need the info.

Thanks for the information. Does this mean your flight booking is still active even after you have submitted the documents at the embassy?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by yomitekons: 1:18pm On Aug 11, 2016
Please who knows who can help with insurance, it's really urgent
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 3:29pm On Aug 11, 2016
lubarika:

Was the reservation done on the day that you were submitting your documents?
No. It was done around June. June ending, to be precise.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2016
yomitekons:
Please who knows who can help with insurance, it's really urgent
insurance for ? Use coner stone insurance if i will recommend
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by yomitekons: 5:48pm On Aug 11, 2016
smithsydny:
insurance for ? Use coner stone insurance if i will recommend
I mean a medical insurance for Visa processing.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 6:29pm On Aug 11, 2016
yomitekons:

Aiico is one of the approved insurance companies. You can see the list on their website.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by lubarika: 7:24pm On Aug 11, 2016
newacca:

No. It was done around June. June ending, to be precise.

Ok. Thank you so much.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 11, 2016
yomitekons:

oga read some pages back u will find your answer..
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bamyet: 9:55pm On Aug 11, 2016
Booking of hotel and flight does not need any agent or does not need to be paid for, please guys be wise and stop paying people for nothing
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by yomitekons: 10:25pm On Aug 11, 2016
newacca:

Aiico is one of the approved insurance companies. You can see the list on their website.
Thanks brother, one last question, do I need to present my own statement of acct. Or that of my sponsor. And can I just work in to submit because I couldn't book any appointment on their site
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 10:41pm On Aug 11, 2016
yomitekons:

Thanks brother, one last question, do I need to present my own statement of acct. Or that of my sponsor. And can I just work in to submit because I couldn't book any appointment on their site
If you are sponsored by someone else, you need a sponsor's account. If you are sponsoring yourself, you need your own statement of account.
You need to book appointment for study visa application. Keep trying, you may be lucky to book appointment for visa application. You may try booking during the off peak period. I mean around 10:30pm to 4:00 am.
I wish you the very best.
Ciao!
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 11, 2016
bamyet:
Booking of hotel and flight does not need any agent or does not need to be paid for, please guys be wise and stop paying people for nothing
great u sir. I sent a pm. Lost my phone. Out of whatsapp for now.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 11, 2016
newacca:

If you are sponsored by someone else, you need a sponsor's account. If you are are sponsore by yourself, you need your own statement of account.
You need to book appointment for study visa application. Keep trying, you may be lucky to book appointment for visa application. You may try booking during the off peak period. I mean around 10:30pm to 4:00 am.
Ciao!
this appointment thing. I slept with computer 2tru out the nyt. Ntn ntn. We go dey try
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by yomitekons: 10:51pm On Aug 11, 2016
newacca:

If you are sponsored by someone else, you need a sponsor's account. If you are are sponsore by yourself, you need your own statement of account.
Ciao!
Thanks bro, I will update you.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bamyet: 11:08pm On Aug 11, 2016
You don't need to buy any insurance yet, you will buy one when u get to Italy
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by amleroy(m): 3:11am On Aug 12, 2016
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by yomitekons: 3:40am On Aug 12, 2016
yomitekons:

Thanks bro, I will update you.
The only available space I could get is 16 of September and my course start 17 of Oct. Hope it's not too late?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 7:03am On Aug 12, 2016
yomitekons:

The only available space I could get is 16 of September and my course start 17 of Oct. Hope it's not too late?
It takes 3 weeks for the consulate to process your visa application. I think you still stand a chance. However, if you are somewhere near Lagos, you may visit the Italian consulate in Lagos and ask some questions there.
I wish you the best.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by shaggyosas(m): 1:45pm On Aug 12, 2016
bamyet:
Please explain to us how we can achieve this. Thanks!
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bamyet: 5:45pm On Aug 12, 2016
Which one did you want to book? Flight or hotel?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by shaggyosas(m): 9:43pm On Aug 12, 2016
bamyet:
Which one did you want to book? Flight or hotel?
Both
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 12, 2016
I think I can resume a month after the normal resumption date, like me, am suppose to resume Sept 15th but I will be travelling October 11th reason cause of my NYSC program, so I mail my HOD and he says no problem
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by shaggyosas(m): 10:35pm On Aug 12, 2016
icehood:
I think I can resume a month after the normal resumption date, like me, am suppose to resume Sept 15th but I will be travelling October 11th reason cause of my NYSC program, so I mail my HOD and he says no problem
If the HOD to your intended sch says no problem, who are we to say otherwise. But my question is, when the registration of students ends before then, do you get a VIP treatment?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 13, 2016
If you don't want to pay to a travel agent for flight and hotel reservation, you MAY(98 percent probability) still need to leave a certain amount of money if you want to book a hotel - to hold your booking. As for the flight, I don't know the magic you want to perform so you the airline doesn't cancel your reservation in 24-48hrs because you haven't paid. Travel agents have more leverage.

Before I decided to pay an agent, I experimented weeks before my appointment. The flight reservations were cancelled in 24hrs cos I didn't pay and hotels that stipulated that I should just leave my credit card details to hold my booking (no booking fees), still went ahead to send a mail few days later that they not charge my card (I didn't drop a card details with enough money). And the hotels cancelled a week after.

@Lubarika, yes the flight and hotel reservation remains valid based on our agreement till I tell them to cancel it.

That aside,
For the day to pick up your passport after submission, some peeps were given 2 weeks while some 3 weeks.

And Andre said no DOV, no VISA. Those that submitted already, were you told anything like this? Were you told to bring your DOV on or before the date your VISA is to be ready?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 13, 2016
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 8:11am On Aug 13, 2016
sourcecode001:

And Andre said no DOV, no VISA. Those that submitted already, were you told anything like this? Were you told to bring your DOV on or before the date your VISA is to be ready?

Students who are going to private institutions, and will earn certificate which is not Italian don't need DOV. For instance; if their programmes of study are offered in English and they will eventually earn i.e European degree, they may not need DOV. But if they intend to take up employment in Italy after their studies, it may be needed for those those certificates they earn outside Italian education system.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 13, 2016
[quote author=newacca post=48439078][/quote]

Hello,

My course is also in English but not from a Private uni.

Anyone NOT going to a private uni, but have submitted application for Visa? What were you told.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by shaggyosas(m): 8:35am On Aug 13, 2016
sourcecode001:
If you don't want to pay to a travel agent for flight and hotel reservation, you MAY(98 percent probability) still need to leave a certain amount of money if you want to book a hotel - to hold your booking. As for the flight, I don't know the magic you want to perform so you the airline doesn't cancel your reservation in 24-48hrs because you haven't paid. Travel agents have more leverage.

Before I decided to pay an agent, I experimented weeks before my appointment. The flight reservations were cancelled in 24hrs cos I didn't pay and hotels that stipulated that I should just leave my credit card details to hold my booking (no booking fees), still went ahead to send a mail few days later that they not charge my card (I didn't drop a card details with enough money). And the hotels cancelled a week after.

@Lubarika, yes the flight and hotel reservation remains valid based on our agreement till I tell them to cancel it.

That aside,
For the day to pick up your passport after submission, some peeps were given 2 weeks while some 3 weeks.

I wasn't told to bring my DOV. I had mine on Aug 3. Did Andre tell you or you heard?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 13, 2016
shaggyosas:

I wasn't told to bring my DOV. I had mine on Aug 3. Did Andre tell you or you heard?

He told me and 4 others that came yesterday to submit.

It's all good. God is in control smiley
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 13, 2016
And did you guys submit
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 13, 2016
icehood:
And did you guys submit

Well, 4 others I met were told to come for collection August 26th....n they said he wrote "no dov" on their files. They were also told no dov,no visa.

He asked about mine, told him it's not ready. Couldn't really make out what he wrote on my file.

Then later before I left, he said a lot of schools cheated him last yr as students traveled without dov. Then he said, this time around "no dov, no visa".
He told me to come for collection Sept 2....3 weeks after.

But thing is, even if we bring the dov on the date of collection, what effect does it have then?

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (232) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.