Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Italian Student Visa-help! - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Italian Student Visa-help! (479718 Views)

I Need South Africa Visa Help / Cable Visa Help / FRENCH TOURIST VISA : Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by flamesjay(m): 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
I just called the Embassy not long ago, and I was told each and everyone of us will recieve communication about the result of the interview at the end of the month.
decode:

Phone, and it was this week.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by jonaschinagorom: 4:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
Can someone do visa application without dov and legalized docs?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Dencotext: 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2017
smithsydny:
y didn't she help? Reasons

Send the translate to me odoemkris@yahoo.com and I will help you with the translation
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Dencotext: 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2017
I want to apply for the student visa this week or next week.

Question one: Please could "Proof of sustenance" mean your source of livelihood. What about if you do not have up to 2 million in your account but 500k but you are working online on contract basis and it may be able to sustain your education?

Question two: Are we to book for two-way tickets (which include the return ticket) for our student visa. And if so, how many days apart should i book them....two weeks, two months, or all the 90 days visa duration? And if given the student visa can I now buy one-way ticket...which makes the greatest sense?

Question three:Since I am not on scholarship, how do i show proof of accommodation? My university have hostels and when we get there, we can pay and stay in the hostel. But it is not expressively stated on the website, so how do I show proof of accommodation? Should I book for hotel? My 5 days booking shows over 87k and I cannot continue living in the hotel till i secure proper accommodation. For those who are sponsoring themselves, how do they show proof of accommodation? Do i have to show proof of accommodation only for the duration of my return ticket? There are many mysteries surrounding how to go about applying for the student visa... can someone tell me how they plan to package their own application for student visa?

Please can we talk about student visa (flight booking, accommodation, account statement) now that September 2017 sessions is a month away?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 10, 2017
Questions 1: are you going for masters or ug? If masters u need 5 4 to 5 million in the account .. For ug u need from 7 million up in the bank statement..

Question 2: one way should be OK but trust me u go settle for airport.. Those thieves won't allow u pass with one way . u must buy your way through.

Question 3: just do hotel booking. Its just to show that all.. After u get visa u book another one to pass airport until u reach. And find your way..

Talking about packing scroll back to July last year on thread and read from guys u got visa they shared tips..

Then come back and ask what u don't understand..

Peace
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 9:06am On Jul 11, 2017
smithsydny:
Questions 1: are you going for masters or ug? If masters u need 5 4 to 5 million in the account .. For ug u need from 7 million up in the bank statement..

Question 2: one way should be OK but trust me u go settle for airport.. [s]Those thieves won't allow u pass with one way . u must buy your way[/s] through.

Question 3: just do hotel booking. Its just to show that all.. After u get visa u book another one to pass airport until u reach. And find your way..

Talking about packing scroll back to July last year on thread and read from guys u got visa they shared tips..

Then come back and ask what u don't understand..

Peace
He is a student, a student can fly with one way ticket since he will be spending a long time there. But it is good to buy return ticket if you are some one who likes the African sun like me. smiley and would like to come to Africa at any available opportunity (holiday). Besides, you tend to get better airfare deal on return ticket compared to one way.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 11, 2017
newacca:

He is a student, a student can fly with one way ticket since he will be spending a long time there. But it is good to buy return ticket if you are some one who likes the African sun like me. smiley and would like to come to Africa at any available opportunity (holiday). Besides, you tend to get better airfare deal on return ticket compared to one way.
hmmm grin
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by scolefield: 4:17pm On Jul 11, 2017
Is there any need for flight itinerary? If there is, which airline is better?
About the hotel reservation, like how many days is one advised to book? does it perfectly serve the purpose of provisional accommodation as a requirement for the visa application?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 11, 2017
scolefield:
About the hotel reservation, like how many days is one advised to book? does it perfectly serve the purpose of provisional accommodation as a requirement for the visa application?
just book anything prior to your application.. Just make your bookings like weeks ahead.. Thats all
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 11, 2017
flamesjay:
I just called the Embassy not long ago, and I was told each and everyone of us will recieve communication about the result of the interview at the end of the month.
yes I called too and was told the same thing. smiley
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by scolefield: 9:47pm On Jul 11, 2017
Very funny. This is what I just found again. I just wanted to confirm my suspicions. I've been reloading this page since 4:00pm today. the last time I reloaded was around 9:34pm, and 16 was still blank. then I reloaded again @9:40pm and found 16 fully booked. lol. what magic happened in 6mins? this question is for the embassy though. I've now confirmed that they have a hand in what's happening on this appointment booking page. I thought the whole thing had progression and stages: from All available to medium available, then to No place for this day. But it just happened very swiftly and unprecedentedly as I observed. what do you guys think we should do?

2 Shares

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 12, 2017
scolefield:
Very funny. This is what I just found again. I just wanted to confirm my suspicions. I've been reloading this page since 4:00pm today. the last time I reloaded was around 9:34pm, and 16 was still blank. then I reloaded again @9:40pm and found 16 fully booked. lol. what magic happened in 6mins? this question is for the embassy though. I've now confirmed that they have a hand in what's happening on this appointment booking page. I thought the whole thing had progression and stages: from All available to medium available, then to No place for this day. But it just happened very swiftly and unprecedentedly as I observed. what do you guys think we should do?
grin what do u want do? cheesy
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by fOFT: 11:35am On Jul 12, 2017
scolefield:
According to my researches, one needs to have a valid passport whose expiry date is three months longer than that of the visa requested. Is this just a written requirement or do they work according to it? my passport d expire August next year oo, and I'm going for a two year master's program. is it not a problem? any idea from anyone?

Nice one
I had similar issue in 2014.(mine was 9 months to expiration)
Andrea told me categorically to get a new passport which is very rare for an entry clearance officer to tell applicant. I can say I was fortunate.
The only place you can do that is Immigration HQ, Sauka Village Abuja. It is very close to the Airport.
Bro, if i were you, I wouldn't wait until that time.
Your people are waiting for you to milk you at the HQ. I spent 50k to get a new one while the old one was cancelled.
However, I met two guys that day and paid 150k.
I wish you all the best.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by dejiconde(m): 9:33pm On Jul 12, 2017
scolefield:
bros I will advice u to apply thru vfs instead of wasting time and energy
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by scolefield: 12:21am On Jul 13, 2017
fOFT:

Nice one
I had similar issue in 2014.(mine was 9 months to expiration)
Andrea told me categorically to get a new passport which is very rare for an entry clearance officer to tell applicant. I can say I was fortunate.
The only place you can do that is Immigration HQ, Sauka Village Abuja. It is very close to the Airport.
Bro, if i were you, I wouldn't wait until that time.
Your people are waiting for you to milk you at the HQ. I spent 50k to get a new one while the old one was cancelled.
However, I met two guys that day and paid 150k.
I wish you all the best.

Nawa oo. Renewing a passport that still has 1year validity? that's unusual. six months validity is what's always required. why would they reject one of a whole 1year.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 1:07am On Jul 13, 2017
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by scolefield: 5:25am On Jul 13, 2017
scolefield:

Nawa oo. Renewing a passport that still has 1year validity? that's unusual. six months validity is what's always required. why would they reject one of a whole 1year.
First degree and Doctorate degree programmes are usually more than two years, but masters is two years. that's all I know.
Does anyone think it's gonna be an issue having a passport with one year validity?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by electromagnito: 6:11am On Jul 13, 2017
One sweet thing about italo student stuff be say no biometric and no refusal stamp and of such ur passport will come out clean.... Lol
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 13, 2017
electromagnito:
One sweet thing about italo student stuff be say no biometric and no refusal stamp and of such ur passport will come out clean.... Lol
grin sure thing bra.. How far Na bra
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by fOFT: 8:08am On Jul 13, 2017
scolefield:

You can risk it.
But there is a big reason for speaking up and a reason for answering.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by leechicomsoln(m): 8:28am On Jul 13, 2017
scolefield:

Yes you need flight itinerary that can be confirmed on the airlines website
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by advanceDNA: 9:20am On Jul 13, 2017
smithsydny:
just book anything prior to your application.. Just make your bookings like weeks ahead.. Thats all

Please my brother just got his acceptance/admission letter yesterday..we are so confused right now..was trying to read tru the tread to know what to do for him...don't know much about Italy...
He hasn't done anything: I read where someone is saying something about pre-enrolment has closed..what is pre enrolment, legalisation, where exactly is the embassy cos I read where someone was telling someone to go to lekki that they seem faster there...on the website I only saw 12 Walter Carrington cresent at VI...can u just help with a quick summary of what to do..
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 13, 2017
advanceDNA:

Please my brother just got his acceptance/admission letter yesterday..we are so confused right now..was trying to read tru the tread to know what to do for him...don't know much about Italy...
He hasn't done anything: I read where someone is saying something about pre-enrolment has closed..what is pre enrolment, legalisation, where exactly is the embassy cos I read where someone was telling someone to go to lekki that they seem faster there...on the website I only saw 12 Walter Carrington cresent at VI...can u just help with a quick summary of what to do..
Firstly is it masters or UG.. Cu's some masters program dont require pre enrollment at the embassy. U just legalize and send copies to the school and they will pre enroll him over there and he will just apply for visa..

Answer my first question
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by advanceDNA: 9:48am On Jul 13, 2017
smithsydny:
Firstly is it masters or UG.. Cu's some masters program dont require pre enrollment at the embassy. U just legalize and send copies to the school and they will pre enroll him over there and he will just apply for visa..

Answer my first question

School is ca'foscari university of venice
Course is Masters degree in Science and Technology of Bio and Nanomaterials
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 13, 2017
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by advanceDNA: 11:29am On Jul 13, 2017
decode:

It is an LM-53/Master level 1programme. Your brother will need to pre-enroll at the embassy.

Wht is lm-53
So what do we do now...where do we go or start from..I was wondering why they just sent him the letter this later when resumption is aroud the corner
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 13, 2017
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 13, 2017
advanceDNA:

School is ca'foscari university of venice
Course is Masters degree in Science and Technology of Bio and Nanomaterials
oo venice .. Wen did he get the admission? Because has closed in nigeria. He should mail the school telling them that pre enrollment has ended in Nigeria. Then he will know what to do from there..
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 13, 2017
decode:

LM 53 is MSc that grants access to PhD, unlike other types of masters which are terminal e.g MBA and other professional masters.
Write the school, defer the admission and go next year.
exactly..

The guy that got in Siena that posted it up there didn't do pre enrollment he sent all the documents to the school and he just applied for visa..
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Erhie17: 12:07pm On Jul 13, 2017
advanceDNA:

pre enrolement has been extended to 25 but have u done ur authentication and legalisation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (232) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.