Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,761 members, 7,824,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Ijaw Forum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Forum (3276 Views)

Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups / Return Jonathan Or Forget One Nigeria – Ijaw People / Why Are Ijaw/SE So Fixated On Who APC Chooses As Their Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw Forum by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 20, 2012
my fellow Ijaw men, lets make our voices heard here.. Other Nigerians are invited though,
comment on the state of the nation and the BIG question, HOW HAS GEJ AFFECTED THE IJAW NATION?
Re: Ijaw Forum by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 20, 2012
Only by a radical,pragmatic approach to development will ijaw land-bayelsa be developed and ijaw can really benefit from this govt but the time is short and the ijaw driver is too slow.ijaw need to campaing for restructuring of this country into a true federalism with resource control of at least 80 percent,if they dont do it now that their son is in power,any noise or agitation by ijaw once jonathan leaves office may not be taken likely by other groups,especially neighboring southern ethnic groups.meanwhile as the ijaw are on a high horse now,they should remember that it couldnt have been possible without the help of their neighbouring ethnic groups.they should carry the ibibio,efik and their numerous neighbors along through siting of developmental projects,federal presence,employment,opening up/developing international standard ports in warri,ibaka,calabar,onitsha and having international airports in the SE,ph,warri and akwaibom.
Re: Ijaw Forum by noiseless: 9:11am On Jun 20, 2012
I think the only way forward is to be more vocal and finger pointing those making this govt ungovernable and those providing lifeline for them,either by not speaking the truth or by dierting from the truth because of their political party afiliation, also the Ijaws should not shy away just because some people might accuse them of "selfishness"(protecting their interest), in the hope that when this president fails it will be an opportunity for those greedy bunch of hypocrites to continue to suck the land dry. But the Ijaws need to reach out to their neighbours especially those who are no lukewarms and sugarcoatd lips with killer spyder tongues. Although I do not know the OP and what he/she really wants to achieve with this thread.
Re: Ijaw Forum by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 20, 2012
What has GEJ done for the Ijaw nation? ;->
Re: Ijaw Forum by Johndoe100(m): 3:56pm On Jun 20, 2012
Should this question be asked or answered in such a hostile enviroment as this? I would love to discus this with other Ijaws but here? E get as e be.

bbpreye: What has GEJ done for the Ijaw nation? ;->
Re: Ijaw Forum by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 20, 2012
Nothing! He has alienated Ijaw and destroyed Ijaw. Ijaw is forever relegated to anals of Nigerian history.

never again will a minority rule nigeria.
Re: Ijaw Forum by SkyBlue1: 4:10pm On Jun 20, 2012
arole_odua: Nothing! He has alienated Ijaw and destroyed Ijaw. Ijaw is forever relegated to anals of Nigerian history.

never again will a minority rule nigeria.

Listen to yourself you racist. Have you no shame at all in your body? If we are to go with the part in bold why don't we say the same for presidents from respective parts that have wrecked Nigeria in the past? If you cannot hold to account your presidents and leaders which the populace voted for then with all due respect, keep quiet and move on. There is no short cut to this Nigeria, the people are actually going to have to do work to get Nigeria on the path they want, if not we can simply deduce that Nigeria is on the path they want it to be.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Forum by Demdem(m): 4:16pm On Jun 20, 2012
I'm not Ijaw however am interested because i live with ijaws. So i hereby mark my number cheesy cheesy
Re: Ijaw Forum by Demdem(m): 4:17pm On Jun 20, 2012
Johndoe100: Should this question be asked or answered in such a hostile enviroment as this? I would love to discus this with other Ijaws but here? E get as e be.

What do u mean by hostile environment? lets all say the truth as it is and damn the consequences.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Forum by Demdem(m): 4:19pm On Jun 20, 2012
bbpreye: What has GEJ done for the Ijaw nation? ;->

The Ijaw people are gradually being empowered than before cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Forum by Nobody: 6:34am On Jun 21, 2012
hw many of u have visited the riverine communities in Bayelsa? These people are suffering, though i belive its as a result of corruption, but GEJ shld try and look into thier case! We are blessed with oil, fish and ogogoro yet we suffer! @beaf, pls pass this to ur boss.
Re: Ijaw Forum by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 21, 2012
bbpreye: my fellow Ijaw men, lets make our voices heard here.. Other Nigerians are invited though,
comment on the state of the nation and the BIG question, HOW HAS GEJ AFFECTED THE IJAW NATION?

Tebra
Re: Ijaw Forum by OYINBOGOJU(m): 6:59am On Jun 21, 2012
GEJ shows how much backwardness the Ijaws are.

I have neither neither seen nor heard of any tribe so weak and shallow minded like the Ijaws.

Never will a minority rule again.
Re: Ijaw Forum by Demdem(m): 7:52am On Jun 21, 2012
bbpreye: hw many of u have visited the riverine communities in Bayelsa? These people are suffering, though i belive its as a result of corruption, but GEJ shld try and look into thier case! We are blessed with oil, fish and ogogoro yet we suffer! @beaf, pls pass this to ur boss.

I have and i can confirm this very well
Re: Ijaw Forum by StarrMatthieu: 8:47am On Jun 21, 2012
So excited![img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: Ijaw Forum by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 21, 2012
haaaaaaaa IZON! Much respect to the governor general of the Ijaw nation. Chief d.s.p alamiesigha.
Re: Ijaw Forum by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 21, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: GEJ shows how much backwardness the Ijaws are.

I have neither neither seen nor heard of any tribe so weak and shallow minded like the Ijaws.

Never will a minority rule again.

u need deliverance!
Re: Ijaw Forum by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:16am On Jun 21, 2012
bbpreye:

u need deliverance!

Yes but not until when the whole Ijaws are delivered
Re: Ijaw Forum by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 21, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

Yes but not until when the whole Ijaws are delivered

if u like hug the next transformer, GEJ will be the best president Nigeria has ever had... Tell ur aboki's to stop what they're doing, and allow the humble Ijaw man to work! Ask urself if Nigeria breaks up who stands to lose n who wld take it all. Egberifaaaaaa!
Re: Ijaw Forum by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:51am On Jun 21, 2012
bbpreye:

if u like hug the next transformer, GEJ will be the best president Nigeria has ever had... Tell ur aboki's to stop what they're doing, and allow the humble Ijaw man to work! Ask urself if Nigeria breaks up who stands to lose n who wld take it all. Egberifaaaaaa!

Mumu

GEJ is using his humbleness to embezzle money point reference Malabu 1billion dollars
Humble Ijaw man no get job except to eat with 1 million dollars everyday
If Nigeria breakup ijaw will be transferred to the nearest neighboring african country because you can`t stand alone.

By the way i heard no English Teacher for Ijaw Land,how come GEJ had no better choice than that paralytic woman that can't walk by herself.
Re: Ijaw Forum by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 21, 2012
EITHER THE IJAW MAN RULES FOR EIGHT YEARS AND THEN BREAKS UP NIGERIA, NIGERIA IS HEADING FOR DOOOOM!
Re: Ijaw Forum by PointB: 12:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
Great development. I will be keeping an eye on this one.

What is good for Ijaw, is also good for Nigeria.

I support 100% resource control in one or 'multiple' Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Forum by Edumogiren: 12:50pm On Dec 08, 2012
Imagine the so-called moslems are saying they are against the changing of the two millitary officer,Jama’at­u Nasril Islam (JNI), Nigeria’s Muslim umbrella organization, under the leadership of the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, has expressed objection to recent military redeployments following the twin suicide bombings of a military church at the Armed Forces Command and Staff College (AFCSC) in Jaji, Kaduna State. And he also said the changing of the two moslim generals and replace with christian general there must be other motive behind the exercise.THE QUESTION is that,what did the sultan of sokoto said when the National Security Adviser General Ajazi Oweye(a christian) was sacked and replaced with a moslim man.Did any christian organisation,gr­oup or traditional leaders confronted Dr. Jonathan why Gen.Ajazi shld not be removed?The president of the Niger Delta Ball Game/Oil boys Group is telling the Sultan of Sokoto to desist from such scurilous act,and be conscience of his utterance in the public,because this is really a security issue has to do with life and property.They shld allow Dr.Jonathan to carry out his security matters in the country
Re: Ijaw Forum by Afam4eva(m): 2:58pm On Dec 08, 2012
bbpreye: haaaaaaaa IZON! Much respect to the governor general of the Ijaw nation. Chief d.s.p alamiesigha.
You're calling a confirmed thief the governor general of Ijawland and you wonder why Ijawland is not moving forward.

Jonathan has empowered the high and mighty in Ijawland but the real issues are yet to be attened to. So, why more Asaris and Boyloafs become millionaires, the generality of Ijaws are not feeling his impact just like every other Nigerian. This may be the last opportunity for the Ijaws to get what they want because after Jonathan anybody who mentions being shortchanged from that region may be shot in the eye. This is the time to hold your leaders accountable.
Re: Ijaw Forum by MajeOfficial: 3:39pm On Dec 08, 2012
I would like to spend some time in Ijaw land. I like adventure and fishing and feel that living the life of a village fisher in Bayelsa would be a very rewarding experience. Im igbo btw but i love Ijaw culture, the dances, music and attire. We also share a lot in common cultually. It's good to see a minority in power. GEJ is doing an excellent job, forget what SW and Northern perpetual haters say! When they had their chance they gave us Babangida and Obasanjo! Carry on.
Re: Ijaw Forum by Dede1(m): 3:50pm On Dec 08, 2012
Edumogiren: Imagine the so-called moslems are saying they are against the changing of the two millitary officer,Jama’at­u Nasril Islam (JNI), Nigeria’s Muslim umbrella organization, under the leadership of the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, has expressed objection to recent military redeployments following the twin suicide bombings of a military church at the Armed Forces Command and Staff College (AFCSC) in Jaji, Kaduna State. And he also said the changing of the two moslim generals and replace with christian general there must be other motive behind the exercise.THE QUESTION is that,what did the sultan of sokoto said when the National Security Adviser General Ajazi Oweye(a christian) was sacked and replaced with a moslim man.Did any christian organisation,gr­oup or traditional leaders confronted Dr. Jonathan why Gen.Ajazi shld not be removed?The president of the Niger Delta Ball Game/Oil boys Group is telling the Sultan of Sokoto to desist from such scurilous act,and be conscience of his utterance in the public,because this is really a security issue has to do with life and property.They shld allow Dr.Jonathan to carry out his security matters in the country

Nigerians are mentally out of order. When a minority group such as Fulani is politically empowered in any entity, the idiotic shenanigan you described in the above post flows freely.
Re: Ijaw Forum by NegroNtns(m): 4:01pm On Dec 08, 2012
[quote author=]I would like to spend some time in Ijaw land. I like adventure and fishing and feel that living the life of a village fisher in Bayelsa would be a very rewarding experience. Im igbo btw but i love Ijaw culture, the dances, music and attire. We also share a lot in common cultually. It's good to see a minority in power. GEJ is doing an excellent job, forget what SW and Northern perpetual haters say! When they had their chance they gave us Babangida and Obasanjo! Carry on. [/quote]

igboland is sorrounded by different people on different side. How come every igbo, when looking for a nearby kin, always claim ijaw as cousin or brother or co share in culture.......how about people to your north, i never hear igboman express love and brotherhood for tivi. I hope that changes when tivi get oil.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Forum by Afam4eva(m): 4:03pm On Dec 08, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

igboland is sorrounded by different people on different side. How come every igbo, when looking for a nearby kin, always claim ijaw as cousin or brother or co share in culture.......how about people to your north, i never hear igboman express love and brotherhood for tivi. I hope that changes when tivi get oil.
You talk like someone whose brain was sacrificed to obatala...Igbos, Ijaws, Efik/Ibibios, Ogonis etc were part of the old eastern region so common sense will suggest that they have more in common with people from these places than they have from elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Forum by NegroNtns(m): 4:08pm On Dec 08, 2012
afam4eva:
You talk like someone whose brain was sacrificed to obatala...Igbos, Ijaws, Efik/Ibibios, Ogonis etc were part of the old eastern region so common sense will suggest that they have more in common with people from these places than they have from elsewhere.

i know your name is here in nl but in all likelihood your skull is on the altar at okija.

eastern region is a geo zone, not a culture.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Forum by Afam4eva(m): 4:10pm On Dec 08, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

i know your name is here in nl but in all likelihood your skull is on the altar at okija.

eastern region is a geo zone, not a culture.
You're acting your brain. When did i mention culture? I said we have a lot of things in common with them. What is wrogn with your brain? Put it to work abeg if you can.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Forum by NegroNtns(m): 4:15pm On Dec 08, 2012
afam4eva:
You're acting your brain. When did i mention culture? I said we have a lot of things in common with them. What is wrogn with your brain? Put it to work abeg if you can.

....and what is wrong with similarly sharing commonality with tivi? they are as next door to you as these other people you mentioned. What is it about ijaw and ogoni that is not in tivi?

and respond back like you got some sense

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Forum by cjrane: 4:20pm On Dec 08, 2012
GEJ is the best and most patriotic President ever to be produced in the animal kingdom called nigeria.
He will perhaps be the last to rule a peaceful united nigeria. He probably knows it.
That is why he is trying to restructure the country and give it a chance to stay united.
Those who have been investing outside their region as if there is no tomorrow will gnash their teeth in agony when thugs take over their houses and investments when the inevitable breakup finally occur. Now all sorts of hypocrites a screaming themselves hoarse that nigeria will stay united,let see how that will happen.GEJ is nigeria's last chance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sule Lamido: Buhari Is Politically Naive And APC Is A Fraud!! / ,caption This Photo Of PMB ?? / Igbo And Yoruba Who Is The Coward?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.