Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? (2343 Views)

Bed Bug Infestation Made Me Lose Her!!(please EPP Me) / I Made Her Lose Her Virginity! / 6 Months Pregnant, Husband Not Showing Interest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by rinora(f): 1:32am On Jun 21, 2012
Guys,please i just need your opinion,on this quick one,my friend met a guy online through pinshare,and they exchanged bb pin and started chatting everyday as well as exchanging pictures,even though,they had never met before.They eventually organised a day to meet each other.On the day,they were supposed to meet,my friend went to the mall with another friend of hers to meet,the guy,on seeing the guy,his reaction proved,that the guy wasnt attracted to her,after seeing in real life,whereas,his action also proved,he was attracted to the other friend,that went with her,the guy even demanded for the pin,of the other friend.After the first day,the guy demanded to meet my friend again,the following day.They agreed to meet again and ended up kissing each other,but nothing more apart from the kiss.After the whole kissing,the guy stopped pinging my friend like he used to,before then he always pinged her on blackberry to chat her up constantly,but that reduced,after the whole meeting and kissing,now some days later,my friend put up the pix of another beautiful friend on her dp,and suddenly,the guy pinged her up to chat wif her and ended up,asking for the pin of the beautiful friend...My Friend acted like she wasnt hurt and promised to give him,the pin of the beautiful friend,but deep down she feels really bad and the self-esteem shes been trying to overcome about herself cos shes slightly,on the chubby side came back again,she feels terrible that the guy probably was not attracted to her cos shes on the chubby side,shes not a slim,lepa girl.Shes really hurt cos she was already getting to like the guy.This whole situation is making her beginning to develop another self-esteem issues about herself,that shes not beautiful....guys what do u fink about the situation....
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by Rocktation(f): 2:05am On Jun 21, 2012
grin
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by Rocktation(f): 2:05am On Jun 21, 2012
I think blackberry is the devil, walahi... grin
On a more serious note, tell her to tone up and grow up, while she's at it. We win some and lose some in life. It's nothing to break our heads over.

2 Likes

Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by linasparkle(f): 2:39am On Jun 21, 2012
D guy in qustion doesn't obviously respect ur frnd dts just d simple truth

2 Likes

Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by Nobody: 2:45am On Jun 21, 2012
The interest was not there. She shouldn't be down on herself sha. I'm sure there's a guy out there who would find her beautiful, just the way she is.

2 Likes

Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by tellwisdom: 4:34am On Jun 21, 2012
If you cant show me that ur pisure, to see hw urgly or periful u are. Restart ur computer angry angry
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 21, 2012
the guy ain't worth it. from the onset, the guy was just playing with the girl, nothing more. the girl should find ways to move on cos she met the wrong one to date. you could give me his pin, lemme punish him
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by LordReed(m): 7:51am On Jun 21, 2012
tellwisdom: If you cant show me that ur pisure, to see hw urgly or periful u are. Restart ur computer angry angry

You are just [b]SO [/b]not funny.
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by MrsChima(f): 7:57am On Jun 21, 2012
rinora:
Guys,please i just need your opinion,on this quick one,my friend met a guy online through pinshare,and they exchanged bb pin and started chatting everyday as well as exchanging pictures,even though,they had never met before.They eventually organised a day to meet each other.On the day,they were supposed to meet,my friend went to the mall with another friend of hers to meet,the guy,on seeing the guy,his reaction proved,that the guy wasnt attracted to her,after seeing in real life,whereas,his action also proved,he was attracted to the other friend,that went with her,the guy even demanded for the pin,of the other friend.After the first day,the guy demanded to meet my friend again,the following day.They agreed to meet again and ended up kissing each other,but nothing more apart from the kiss.After the whole kissing,the guy stopped pinging my friend like he used to,before then he always pinged her on blackberry to chat her up constantly,but that reduced,after the whole meeting and kissing,now some days later,my friend put up the pix of another beautiful friend on her dp,and suddenly,the guy pinged her up to chat wif her and ended up,asking for the pin of the beautiful friend...My Friend acted like she wasnt hurt and promised to give him,the pin of the beautiful friend,but deep down she feels really bad and the self-esteem shes been trying to overcome about herself cos shes slightly,on the chubby side came back again,she feels terrible that the guy probably was not attracted to her cos shes on the chubby side,shes not a slim,lepa girl.Shes really hurt cos she was already getting to like the guy.This whole situation is making her beginning to develop another self-esteem issues about herself,that shes not beautiful....guys what do u fink about the situation....

Let flip the script.....if your friend was skinny....do you think he wouldn't act like an arsehole? Let me real.....the nigga didn't want her PERIOD...it had nothing to do with what she looks, talks, dances, farts, eats, sleeps, and thinks like...HE WASN'T INTO HER.

Niggas need to stop making excuses and start being honest.
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by StarrMatthieu: 8:04am On Jun 21, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]Many thanks
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by Mynd44: 8:20am On Jun 21, 2012
People are acting like the dude is the devil but lets face the truth here he did not lie your friend OPsimple.
There is no explanation about it. He is not at fault too, he met her and realised that she is not what he pictured her to be and so he bowed out.
Would y'all have preferred if the guy took on a goose chase, slept with her a couple of times and dumped her? She should move on because the guy is not interested in her does not mean she is ugly or something
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by queensmith: 9:03am On Jun 21, 2012
But what kind of friend........I mean the guy is audacious. She didn't work well as a link so its now appropriate to be asking of her friends? Isn't that indication enough to the girl that the dude is most likely a waste of space without an ounce of decency.

Anyways she shouldn't be too hard on herself, I don't see why her self esteem should plummet just because a dude wasn't into her? They met on the internet for Chris sakes its even more likely to not click since you haven't met in person, you have bypassed the natural 'checkpoint' we all have and sped over to the good stuff.

That's why it's probably a good idea not to invest too many emotions in a man you haven't met. I mean what if he turned out to be but ugly, or he had a body odour? Or gigantic hands or whatever women oppose nowadays. Abeg, there are plenty more men, make more male friends so you can at least know the human beings out of them. And you will have a good enough network not to have to resort to blind dating with potential assholes.
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by jaybee3(m): 9:11am On Jun 21, 2012
Dude simply ain't interested. I bet he is just looking for something to poke.
I'd advice your friend to stop taking friends on future dates though. It's so damn wrong angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 21, 2012
That is life 4 yhu.
Same thing happened to me earlier this year. She was to come to my school and we decided we wld meet at an eatery,Floraworld.
Seeing her,I lost my appetite and afterwards vomitted the little sprite i'd managed 2 take in her presence.
That was the end of d relationship...
Then I Knew Pictures Can Lie
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by rinora(f): 12:08pm On Jun 21, 2012
tellwisdom: If you cant show me that ur pisure, to see hw urgly or periful u are. Restart ur computer angry angry

Dry guy........
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by Tyche(m): 12:17pm On Jun 21, 2012
The last time I checked there's no r/ship between a guy's interest and a girl's self esteem. Tell her to grow up.
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by Mynd44: 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2012
^^
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by rinora(f): 1:29pm On Jun 21, 2012
joeydozzy: the guy ain't worth it. from the onset, the guy was just playing with the girl, nothing more. the girl should find ways to move on cos she met the wrong one to date. you could give me his pin, lemme punish him

LOL
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 21, 2012
why for d love of God, would u allow a guy define who you are/worth?? There is a reason it's called "self"-esteem u know?? Why won't these ladies find their identity in God? You are beautiful! He has created you in his own image and no one on earth can replace you and your 'uniqueness'. It's time 4 ladies to start realizing who they are in Christ. They keep on looking for cheap tokens from guys to make them feel good about themselves. If he doesn't want you, his own lost. Gosh! Your friend needs to start talking to that "thing" in her head saying she's not worthy or up to par because the way she sees herself is how people would accept/treat her. *sigh*
i wonder why people are blaming the guy?? Na by force?!!
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by osajojo(m): 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2012
Can u giv me your friends pin. She fits what I like. Please am begging u, she can delete me if she doesn't want me. My pin is 310D1136 name seb
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by queensmith: 4:15pm On Jun 21, 2012
Shollypopz: why for d love of God, would u allow a guy define who you are/worth?? There is a reason it's called "self"-esteem u know?? Why won't these ladies find their identity in God? You are beautiful! He has created you in his own image and no one on earth can replace you and your 'uniqueness'. It's time 4 ladies to start realizing who they are in Christ. They keep on looking for cheap tokens from guys to make them feel good about themselves. If he doesn't want you, his own lost. Gosh! Your friend needs to start talking to that "thing" in her head saying she's not worthy or up to par because the way she sees herself is how people would accept/treat her. *sigh*
i wonder why people are blaming the guy?? Na by force?!!

#thatisall

I have never understood for the life of me how the approval from a complete stranger will all of a sudden validate you? I mean sometimes the stranger is a vile creature, I won't seek approval from a tramp?
Some will even sell themselves or their friends off for this validation..........its a never ending cycle..
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by Mynd44: 4:30pm On Jun 21, 2012
The girl is just nor sure of herself jorh. The guy does not like you so move on with your life
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by GboyegaD(m): 6:06pm On Jun 21, 2012
OP,
She need not stress herself over the issue as the guy wasn't just into her which is even better since he wasn't deceitful by leading her on.
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by tpia5: 6:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
that's like asking if someone should loose self esteem because somebody on nl stopped showing interest?

all these internet hookups sef.

pardon me, am in a satirical mood today.

but seriously, imo most times meeting an internet (or is it bbpin/pinshure/whatever) flame in real life, cant always match up to expectations? We're talking reality here as opposed to the fantasy people build around themselves on the web.

i should think for guys, the turnaround would be even faster after the girl allows herself to be "handled' by him. Before sef.

of course i could be wrong!

i think it might work well for hooker type transactions ie booty calls, but rather more strenous if you're looking for a long term relationship.
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 21, 2012
He simply isnt interested in her, that's why i dislike all these so called internet hookups. There's nothing to lose her self esteem for, she should brace herself and move on.
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by tpia5: 7:22pm On Jun 21, 2012
although i guess this bbpin/twitter/internet/whatever generation base their self esteem on their online or gadget-based interactions?

but the opening post seems to indicate the girl had self esteem issues even before this incident.
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by DukeNija(m): 11:28pm On Jun 21, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Let flip the script.....if your friend was skinny....do you think he wouldn't act like an arsehole? Let me real.....the nigga didn't want her PERIOD...it had nothing to do with what she looks, talks, dances, farts, eats, sleeps, and thinks like...HE WASN'T INTO HER.

Niggas need to stop making excuses and start being honest.
What's with all the 'Nigga Nigga Nigga' undecided
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by DukeNija(m): 11:30pm On Jun 21, 2012
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by DukeNija(m): 11:42pm On Jun 21, 2012
@OP
He's just one guy. There are millions out there who'd like you, 'cos you're amazing just the way you are'(Bruno Mars' voice) kiss kiss wink
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by 195(f): 8:01am On Jun 22, 2012
grin grin grin

She'lz been dumped!
Re: Should my friend lose her self esteem just because he stopped showing interest? by Youngpo413: 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2014
Shameful scenario

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Cheated On Me With 5 Different Guys And Still Wants Me Back / His Female Friends Complain 'bout Him / A Nagging Lady Or A Lady Who Can't Cook, Which Can You Condone With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.