Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This (1262 Views)

Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari / Under Ihejirika, No Town Was Captured By Boko Haram – Northern Youths / Boko-Haram: Northern Traditional-Rulers Back Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This by faithin9ja: 11:41am On Jun 21, 2012
If Northern Nigerian Muslims do not support Boko Haram (in fact many of those killed are indeed northern Nigerian Muslims), then the local population should flush out these boko terrorists.

We were ready to occupy streets for petrol, to attack government, for our belle, but will we occupy streets for our lives? I thought northerners were not cowards and are fearless warriors. Then were are the demonstrations against these terrorists who live in our midst.

They should flush them out of their hiding holes, those Chadians, Nigeriens, who are becoming suicide bombers should be rounded up.

Or is that the Northern Nigerian Muslim secretly believes in their cause and actually supports Boko Haram?

1 Like

Re: Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:52am On Jun 21, 2012
Mass demonstrations in the north to protest the killings of innocents like we saw for the puel subsidy? Surely you're having a laugh undecided?

The people that instigated the puel subsidy protests are not interested in protesting the mass killings either because it doesn't concern their belle or because they want the country to remain ungovernable for that 'Ijaw fisherman angry': regarding the latter reason, a certain former military head of state comes readily to mind

1 Like

Re: Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This by namfav(m): 11:55am On Jun 21, 2012
to occupy what? to target against who? to round up every persom from chad? not knowing is a problem, doing something out of lack of knowledge will only escalate the casualties, maybe we should all work together and overthrow gej,
he's the problem
Re: Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This by aljharem(m): 11:57am On Jun 21, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
Mass demonstrations in the north to protest the killings of innocents like we saw for the puel subsidy? Surely you're having a laugh undecided?

The people that instigated the puel subsidy protests are not interested in protesting the mass killings either because it doesn't concern their belle or because they want the country to remain ungovernable for that 'Ijaw fisherman angry': regarding the latter reason, a certain former military head of state comes readily to mind

why do likes of you keep lying on the internet ?

I posted the link and even brought out pictures from Kano and Kaduna to show you the protest against Boko haram which the SE did not join the rest of the country to do.

No one is against any Ijaw or any fisherman, stop this rubbish
Re: Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This by icez: 12:00pm On Jun 21, 2012
faithin9ja: If Northern Nigerian Muslims do not support Boko Haram (in fact many of those killed are indeed northern Nigerian Muslims), then the local population should flush out these boko terrorists.

We were ready to occupy streets for petrol, to attack government, for our belle, but will we occupy streets for our lives? I thought northerners were not cowards and are fearless warriors. Then were are the demonstrations against these terrorists who live in our midst.

They should flush them out of their hiding holes, those Chadians, Nigeriens, who are becoming suicide bombers should be rounded up.

Or is that the Northern Nigerian Muslim secretly believes in their cause and actually supports Boko Haram?

+100000
Re: Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2012
alj harem:

why do likes of you keep lying on the internet ?

I posted the link and even brought out pictures from Kano and Kaduna to show you the protest against Boko haram which the SE did not join the rest of the country to do.

No one is against any Ijaw or any fisherman, stop this rubbish

^^^If there's anyone that should carry first for double-speak and lying on the internet it's your two-faced self. Kapish?

Whatever pathetic 'protests' you're refering to that happened in Kaduna and Kano must have been a half-hearted damp-squib as it was not carried on news channels (both local and Int'l) and i can wager that many of us here never heard about it. Why didn't it have the sustained passion and commitment with which the puel susbsidy protests were carried out?

1 Like

Re: Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This by aljharem(m): 12:18pm On Jun 21, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^If there's anyone that should carry first for double-speak and lying on the internet it's your two-faced self. Kapish?

Whatever pathetic 'protests' you're refering to that happened in Kaduna and Kano must have been a half-hearted damp-squib as it was not carried on news channels (both local and Int'l) and i can wager that many of us here never heard about it. Why didn't it have the sustained passion and commitment with which the puel susbsidy protests were carried out?

be deceiving yourself and others on the internet. Even in Imo state there was protest against Boko haram and the killing of Christians.

Go check the early january threads, I brought everything out for everyone to see.

I specifically mentioned this, I hope you were not one of those deceived by the bigoted beaf. sad
Re: Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This by faithin9ja: 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2012
Actually earlier in the year some Muslims in Kano did surround some churches to protect them, but actually the Christians first surrounded mosques to protect mosques in Kano!!!

But the point is the bombing have gotten worse so our Muslims brothers need to do more.

if masses in the North rise up they will crush these terrorists, don't these terrorist go to market, don't they come out? don't they have families? don't we know them.

At the height of kidnapping in the East, it was when the local population starting attacking the so-called big boys and their sponsors that the security forces were able to put down the rampant kidnapping.

Boko Haram are now doing sunday-sunday bombing and we can't find them?
Re: Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This by T9ksy(m): 12:48pm On Jun 21, 2012
namfav: to occupy what? to target against who? to round up every persom from chad? not knowing is a problem, doing something out of lack of knowledge will only escalate the casualties, maybe we should all work together and overthrow gej,
he's the problem

You must be having a laugh!!! Who BTW, are these "we" that you propose should work together. And what happens when gej is sent packing from Aso

rock? I believe by your statement above that you are of the school of thought that once the retardeen is removed and replaced with someone like Ayathollah

Buhari, our problem/s will suddenly evaporate and we all shall live ever happily after.

Fat chance!!!

As if the family, friends, peers of Akinjogbin will ever contemplate such an asinine concept.

The gloom that pervaded the Lagos State Low Cost Housing Estate, Meiran, Ojokoro, Lagos, residence of Mr. and Mrs. Akintola Tokunbo Akinjogbin, yesterday can be felt with touch. The woman, emotionally broken, laid on the bed while female members of her family and friends sat around to share in her grief. Her eyes bore the image of a woman that is wearied from shedding excessively painful tears.

The second son of the family, young Mr. Ibukun Oluwatosin Akinjogbin, 23, was one of the fifty people whose lives were brought to a cruel end by the rampaging voters in Jos on Friday morning. He was killed along with his nephew, Mr. Leke Akande, 23, and a friend, Mr. Tola Odusola, 20, all youth corps members, in the home of Ibukun’s uncle, Mr. Bisi Akinjogbin, an Abuja-based businessman. The hatchet men, who broke down the high gates and stormed the residence along Katako Junction by 7Up depot in Jos about 9.15am on Friday morning; caught down the three young men in the presence of Mrs. Doyin Akinjogbin, the uncle’s wife while her daughters also watched in horror.

Mrs. Doyin Akinjogbin is already placed under sedation as a result of the shock she suffered from witnessing the killings of the young men in her home.

The three men were among the scores of youths doing their one year mandatory youth service scheme in Pankshin, Jos central, in Plateau State, till they were killed.

Riot had broken out in Jos on Thursday, due to attempted manipulations with the results of the local government polls. The election was said to have been widely won by the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), candidate.

Mr. Akintola Akinjogbin, who seemed to be taking the incidence with calmness, said the killing of his son is "barbaric, satanic and uncalled for."

One of the three youth corps members, Ibukun Oluwatosin Akinjogbin, a 2001 to 2003 Quantity Surveyor student from the Obafemi Awolowo (OAU), Ife, was said to have been in contact with his family on phone up till the last minute that life was ebbed out of him.

According to the father while narrating the gory ordeal, Ibukun was about coming to Lagos when the incident caught up with him without prior warning. He said prior to that day, the late young Akinjogbin had finalised plans to visit Lagos after a while.

He said: "My son had reported for the NYSC on August 26, 2008. We were in constant touch with him because mine is a very closely knit family. He would have actually returned to Lagos on Thursday but could not because it was rather late. So, I called him around 6. 20a.m on Friday morning and he said he was on his way to the park. Then later, he called that he was going back to his uncle’s home because the riot going on in Jos was quite heated. I said it was a good decision. So, he ran back into the house and we remained in touch.

"From that time, there were several calls and it was as if he was giving us situational reports. Then, his elder brother, Kayode Akinjogbin, an Investment Analyst with Lead Capital in Lagos, took over from me and kept monitoring his brother."

Speaking, Kayode said Ibukun started asking for prayers. "Please start praying for us’’; he had begged. "They are moving towards our side of the town. In fact, they seem to be getting close to our gate. Please pray Bro. Kayode. They are outside our house now. I don’t know why they came to us but they are here," Ibukun was reported to have said.

"Now, our gates are down," were the last direct words the young man could say to me, said Kayode. "Then I started hearing him beg them. Later there seemed to be some struggles but my younger brother was still pleading. Then, I heard cries and I was afraid while at the same time shouting his name. I heard the voices of women screaming and praying to God for help. For some time, everything seemed to get silent but by this time, I was almost running crazy when my colleagues in the office grabbed my phone from me to calm me down.

"A few minutes later, after I had regained my composure, I picked my phone to call my younger brother. But it was a Hausa man that replied me. And he said in Hausa tone and seemed to be mocking at the same time: ‘Ya broad, I'm dey die, I'm det die…hHa ha, now, I'm don die’. And at that point, the phone went dead. And that was when I blacked out too," Kayode said.

Akinjogbin senior said his son had come to the Uncle’s house because of the visit to Lagos. "The uncle is like their father over there. They all go to his house whenever there is need. Ibukun served as a Works Officer with the Pankshin Local Government council because he was a Quantity Surveyor. But what can I do now than to throw my hands up to God and accept my fate?

"My concern however is why the Nigerian government should subject our children to death on annual basis? Every year, Youth Corpers die in their numbers (in the Northern part of the country). The government should please scrap this programme. Parents would have laboured to educate their children (to tertiary level)and in the process of doing the youth service, those children will die. This is very unfair," Akinjogbin said.

"Ibukun was a core gentleman. He was very quiet and easy-going. Everyone that ever dealt with him knew that. And how can a people kill such a young man? Nigeria is one country and we should all learn to accommodate one another regardless of religious differences. As a matter of fact, how does a political riot change to religious fight? This is why government must tame these people up North. They can’t just be killing innocent people and go scot-free all the time. If they have been dealt with in time past, they wouldn’t have done it again. For me, the NYSC stuff is a bad taste that has left a traumatic mark in my family. I just pray God to grant my wife the grace to bear the incident with calm equanimity.
Re: Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This by EzeUche(m): 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2012
Northern Nigerians should occupy their leaders who have kept them poor and uneducated for over 30 years instead of blaming Goodluck.
Re: Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This by freegaza(m): 12:56pm On Jun 21, 2012
Fools
Re: Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This by T9ksy(m): 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2012
EzeUche: Northern Nigerians should occupy their leaders who have kept them poor and [b]uneducated for over 30 years [/b]instead of blaming Goodluck.

30 years ke? They have been deliberately kept uneducated right from the word go, even their sardunna was vehemently against Pa Awo who vowed to

educate them all, at all cost. Meanwhile, his deputy, Tafawa Balewa deemed it salient to send his 10 year old son to private school in London!!!

Now, we all can discern the rationale behind what we southerners considered a dumb project i.e not educating their young generations, then. Imagine 10 million

almajiris in the country. That's one hell of a standing army, if you ask me.
Re: Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This by namfav(m): 1:50pm On Jun 21, 2012
ebele is nowin brazil, if america were burning will obama leave a day after?
why was gej in a hurry? don't tell me gej is not part of the problem because you will be lying through your teeth

T9ksy:
[/b]
You must be having a laugh!!! Who BTW, are these "we" that you propose should work together. And what happens when gej is sent packing from Aso

rock? I believe by your statement above that you are of the school of thought that once the retardeen is removed and replaced with someone like Ayathollah

Buhari, our problem/s will suddenly evaporate and we all shall live ever happily after.

Fat chance!!!

As if the family, friends, peers of Akinjogbin will ever contemplate such an asinine concept.

Re: Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This by faithin9ja: 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2012
namfav: ebele is nowin brazil, if america were burning will obama leave a day after?
why was gej in a hurry? don't tell me gej is not part of the problem because you will be lying through your teeth

so juvenile, so he is Brazil because he doesn't want people to know he is behind the bombings? please read other mature posts and speak like an adult, if you are old enough to go online, you are old enough to give intelligent posts
Re: Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This by T9ksy(m): 2:49pm On Jun 21, 2012
namfav: ebele is nowin brazil, if america were burning will obama leave a day after?

I have never been a fan of that "druken fisherman with no shoes" but i sure wouldn't lay the bulk of our problem at his feet. The guy is just

clueless, visionless and above all, greedy and a lootocrat, to boot.

Our MAIN problem is that you northerners have been killing us southerners for yons at the most absurd excuse i.e danish cartoon. Tell me why on earth should a

nigerian lose his life on account of the danish cartoon, in One-Nigeria?

As far as am concerned, gej is an insignificant part of our problem. Our main quandary is with you burn-to-rule/ruin, northerners. You have mismanaged our

promising union for the best part of our independent life yet your region is the most backward but still you insist on lording it over us even when its obvious

to "Stevie wonder" that you have no credible candidates to offer except your ignorant, myopic,partly-educated ex-military dictators and religious bigots.

Hell, our problem is being lumped with you guys whom we share nothing in common with. If you disagree with me then, you must be lying through your

religious and bigoted teeth. Oh well, nothing new here as we 've watched the movie so many times in the past that its content has been firmly etched into our

temporal cortex.
Re: Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This by honeric01(m): 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
faithin9ja: Actually earlier in the year some Muslims in Kano did surround some churches to protect them, but actually the Christians first surrounded mosques to protect mosques in Kano!!!

But the point is the bombing have gotten worse so our Muslims brothers need to do more.

if masses in the North rise up they will crush these terrorists, don't these terrorist go to market, don't they come out? don't they have families? don't we know them.

At the height of kidnapping in the East, it was when the local population starting attacking the so-called big boys and their sponsors that the security forces were able to put down the rampant kidnapping.

Boko Haram are now doing sunday-sunday bombing and we can't find them?

Does the statement in red make sense to even you? are boko haram targeting mosques? so why would Christians surround mosque against Boko haram? maybe you should always read your statements before posting.
Re: Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This by kasiem(m): 3:56pm On Jun 21, 2012
namfav: to occupy what? to target against who? to round up every persom from chad? not knowing is a problem, doing something out of lack of knowledge will only escalate the casualties, maybe we should all work together and overthrow gej,
he's the problem
oh, u are asking who they'l target against? Ok, we want them to target those people that u want gej to target. If the locals don't know the bokos among them, u want gej to turn into nostradamus to pinpoint them.

2 Likes

Re: Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 21, 2012
T9ksy:

I have never been a fan of that "druken fisherman with no shoes" but i sure wouldn't lay the bulk of our problem at his feet. The guy is just

Our MAIN problem is that you northerners have been killing us southerners for yons at the most absurd excuse i.e danish cartoon. Tell me why on earth should a

As far as am concerned, gej is an insignificant part of our problem. Our main quandary is with you burn-to-rule/ruin, northerners. You have mismanaged our

promising union for the best part of our independent life yet your region is the most backward but still you insist on lording it over us even when its obvious

to "Stevie wonder" that you have no credible candidates to offer except your ignorant, myopic,partly-educated ex-military dictators and religious bigots.

Hell, our problem is being lumped with you guys whom we share nothing in common with. If you disagree with me then, you must be lying through your

religious and bigoted teeth. Oh well, nothing new here as we 've watched the movie so many times in the past that its content has been firmly etched into our

temporal cortex.

this is what I will call a TKO at namfav... grin cheesy grin
Re: Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This by edoyad(m): 4:09pm On Jun 21, 2012
T9ksy:

temporal cortex.

Well said.
Re: Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This by Bella3(f): 8:52pm On Jun 21, 2012
kasiem: oh, u are asking who they'l target against? Ok, we want them to target those people that u want gej to target. If the locals don't know the bokos among them, u want gej to turn into nostradamus to pinpoint them.
infact, u deserve a kiss
Re: Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This by EzeUche(m): 8:56pm On Jun 21, 2012
T9ksy:

temporal cortex.

Good post!

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole Queueing For Accreditation (pic) / There May Be Little Or No Oil In Sokoto / SUREP, Public Misinformation Or Politicians Deceits?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.