Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,715 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote (10069 Views)

Poll: which do you prefer

AMD: 20% (25 votes)
INTEL: 79% (99 votes)
This poll has ended

HELP : INTEL Core Vs AMD : Which Is Better ? / Intel Vs Amd Which One Is The Best?? / Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by elcarter: 10:53am On Jun 30, 2012
lord.spiritual:
GRAPHICS - AMD
GAMING - AMD
If these are what you want from your system then go for the AMD....
And if AMD is not capable enough then go for those with NIVIDIA GPU and turn your computer into a video game>>>
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by blackweaver(m): 6:42pm On Aug 26, 2012
AMD; 2 reasons; price and hardware virtualization; even the most basic of today's AMD CPUs support hardware virtualization; the same can't be said of Intel and even some mid to high range intel CPUs still don't support it; ok most people don't need it but for those of us who like trying out different oses on virtual machines, the performance implications cannot be ignored
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by victorious1986: 1:20am On Sep 06, 2012
joeydozzy: definitely intel

what we need most is d reasons cool
joeydozzy: definitely intel

what we need most is d reasons
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by victorious1986: 1:29am On Sep 06, 2012
kheart: Intel is better in africa but i still prefer amd
for one reason. we dont need room heaters in nigeria. amd generates way too much heat which eventually is conducted to other parts and allover the mboard which can damage d chipset onboard. intel's cool and rocks steady wink
kheart: Intel is better in africa but i still prefer amd
for one reason. we dont need room heaters in nigeria. amd generates way too much heat which eventually is conducted to other parts and allover the mboard which can damage d chipset onboard. intel's cool and rocks steady
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by Dabss(m): 2:05am On Sep 06, 2012
blackweaver: AMD; 2 reasons; price and hardware virtualization; even the most basic of today's AMD CPUs support hardware virtualization; the same can't be said of Intel and even some mid to high range intel CPUs still don't support it; ok most people don't need it but for those of us who like trying out different oses on virtual machines, the performance implications cannot be ignored
intel is still the most supported.try running mac osx on an amd cpu. too much wahala
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by blackweaver(m): 5:50am On Sep 06, 2012
Da_b¤§§.:
intel is still the most supported.try running mac osx on an amd cpu. too much wahala

you run osx on vm? sounds like wahala
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by Dabss(m): 6:47pm On Sep 06, 2012
blackweaver:

you run osx on vm? sounds like wahala
Not at all once your host pc's hardware is beefy enuf
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by osho3mtech(f): 8:35am On Sep 07, 2012
Wen ever I am not working I hibernate my intel (dual core) processor system till I am ready for restart. Try dat with AMD. Ur system will prove to u that it is. - A Mad Device( AMD). The heat from the processor can dry ur handkerchief.. Lol. I no spoil dier market oh.. It has pros nd cons too. Though u can curb the heating probz by using a cooler..
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by Elsquidme(m): 8:34pm On Mar 18, 2015
ATI technologies and Nvidia are good graphics processors, so systems with these no problem. now Intel are becoming better with there own graphics processors. so Intel processors with any of the three its OK. but with AMD, hmm na you sabi. despite the fact AMD buys ATI, AMD-ATI graphics is good.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 5:23pm On Mar 19, 2015
Intel cos intel offers by far performance per watt and far above amd performance threshold though they are more xpensive

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Functions Of F Keys "F1 - F12" In A Computer Keyboard And They Works When Press / Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed / How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.