Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4396599 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1131) (1132) (1133) (1134) (1135) (1136) (1137) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 12:29pm On Sep 09, 2017
We're 8 months old today
And we can crawl and eat plenty cereals grin

We love to bite mummy's n.ipples and fingers when she's brushing our teeth cheesy

20 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 12:32pm On Sep 09, 2017
Thanks hotmomma smiley
hotmomma:
queensnow, that cake sure looks yummy. Enjoy...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Burntcoal(f): 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2017
spiceeamiee:
When this happened with my baby, she developed actual cartarrh a few days later so you may need to be proactive and give him Vit C

OK tanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2017
No p grin I will dhl
Naomi14:
See cake! Yummilicious. You are tempting me to go bake my own cry but I don't have strength to be turning butter with turning stick cos I dashed someone my machine. Abeg ship the cake kon give me biko grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:37pm On Sep 09, 2017
9 months immunization - yellow fever and measles, done and dusted today. next set is when she clocks 1 year.

My DD now calls me 'maamaa' cheesy cheesy she cannot pronounce dad or daddy yet so she calls DH 'hummm' grin grin. DH just de vex because she called mama first ...hehehehe

She wants more of adult meals now (struggles with DH and I when we are eating) and tries to form sleepy whenever I bring cereals undecided undecided

Finishes 210mls of formula in a few mins now (for someone who didn't use to go past 150mls at once)

Happy weekend mamas, how are we holding up?

@jazzyjazz, no mind chanbaby jare... na just to de use step down b4 our 'Kwantainer' arrives from the 'ablood'.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:00pm On Sep 09, 2017
jazzyjazz:
We're 8 months old today

We love to bite mummy's n.ipples and fingers when she's brushing our teeth cheesy

cutie

Zara bites my nipple when she isn't in the mood to suck. She de lick that colgate tootpaste like say na sugar, b4 i even finish brushing with the finger brush, she don swallow am finish.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 1:10pm On Sep 09, 2017
@jazzyjazz: cute! cute!! cute!!! mehn dat last pix na die o. girls go hear am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:18pm On Sep 09, 2017
Oshe. Fresh boy, my future Son in law

So he's eating well now? Thank God

jazzyjazz:
We're 8 months old today

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:19pm On Sep 09, 2017
Chei. I had forgotten immunizations aren't over yet. Hope no fever? We want to even try AS swallow today. I'll let you know how it goes

enque:
9 months immunization - yellow fever and measles, done and dusted today. next set is when she clocks 1 year.

My DD now calls me 'maamaa' cheesy cheesy she cannot pronounce dad or daddy yet so she calls DH 'hummm' grin grin. DH just de vex because she called mama first ...hehehehe

She wants more of adult meals now (struggles with DH and I when we are eating) and tries to form sleepy whenever I bring cereals undecided undecided

Finishes 210mls of formula in a few mins now (for someone who didn't use to go past 150mls at once)

@jazzyjazz, no mind chanbaby jare... na just to de use step down b4 our 'Kwantainer' arrives from the 'ablood'.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:30pm On Sep 09, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Chei. I had forgotten immunizations aren't over yet. Hope no fever? We want to even try AS swallow today. I'll let you know how it goes

yeah from 6 months to 9 months is a long time o....had to set an alarm/reminder cos person fit forget d date.
No fever, she just cried a lil and slept off few mins later.

Which soup? lemme guess...u skipped the titus part ba? lazy geh
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 1:42pm On Sep 09, 2017
@jazzjazz, your son is a cutie. God bless him and Welldone mama!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 1:53pm On Sep 09, 2017
1 derica of flour (500g)
2 unsalted butter (500g)
1 and half cup of sugar
8 small eggs
Nutmeg (1teaspoon)
Baking powder (1spoonful)
Liquid milk or powder milk
Flavour vanilla (2cap) u can use any flavour
* For the chocolate
Cocoa powder (eruku oshodi cheesy cheesy)
Brownie (1spoonful)
Sugar (2spoonful)
Step 1: Pour the 2 butter inside mixer and sugar mix till the butter turn almost white and d sugar dissolved
Step 2: break the egg in one at a time
Step 3: pour in d liquid i.e milk and flavour
Step 4: sieve ur flour (self rising) mix it with baking powder and nutmeg add in the mixture and stir with ur spatula then set aside
Mix the cocoa powder and 2spoonful of sugar in hot water pour in the brownie let it cool off then take from flour mixture 1quater add to the cocoa mix
Grease ur pan with butter add little flour let it cover the whole pan (so that ur cake won't stick in d pan) then pour n the mixture u can pour in the plain mixture 1st then add d cocoa mixture then lastly plain depending on how u want it to come out
Note: either powder or liquid milk mix in water (half milk cup) if it's a powdered flavour mix alongside d baking powder
Get a pot bigger than ur pan lace it with foil paper put a flat metal like pot cover inside the pot then put in ur pan cover it tightly and place on low it if u ar using gas stove or stove. Check after an hour by dipping d tip of small spoon
Cc jazzyjazz
eksbabe:
I also wanto learn but i am lazy cry how do i unlazy myself?

5 Likes 11 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:53pm On Sep 09, 2017
Loooool leave me with my laziness abeg. Me and titus are divorced. Irreconcilable differences. Ewedu with iru and AS fish
Thankfully my hospital calls to remind you so I'm covered

enque:

yeah from 6 months to 9 months is a long time o....had to set an alarm/reminder cos person fit forget d date.
No fever, she just cried a lil and slept off few mins later.

Which soup? lemme guess...u skipped the titus part ba? lazy geh
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 1:53pm On Sep 09, 2017
jazzyjazz:
We're 8 months old today

Very cute kiss kiss kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:59pm On Sep 09, 2017
Mamas please help, how can I get water into this boy? As he's getting older he gets smarter. I used to deceive him with fancy sippy cup but now when he sees the cup he collects and flings it. I started putting it inside his regular bottle, worked only once, now he has trust issues, once it touches his tongue he stops sucking and starts chewing the teat. Now he's groaning to poo, please help with creative solutions
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 09, 2017
@jazzyjazz baby Ilan is very cute kiss lovely complexion.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 09, 2017
Yea go and buy grin
eksbabe:
In other news, AF showed ystday at exactly 7 weeks PP. When i thought i'd be in the league of those that see AF after 1 year or so, i now joined lululuv and spiceeamiee cry. Lemme just goan buy carton of rubber idaabobo to avoid stories that touch. Wheew
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:12pm On Sep 09, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Mamas please help, how can I get water into this boy? As he's getting older he gets smarter. I used to deceive him with fancy sippy cup but now when he sees the cup he collects and flings it. I started putting it inside his regular bottle, worked only once, now he has trust issues, once it touches his tongue he stops sucking and starts chewing the teat. Now he's groaning to poo, please help with creative solutions

I'm suffering from the same thing o
I've used sippy cup, and feeding bottle, all na the same. The other day he was hustling with my glass, I say make I try whether him go drink, but the boy Judy comot mouth
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:12pm On Sep 09, 2017
Naomi14:
@jazzyjazz baby Ilan is very cute kiss lovely complexion.

Thanks ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:14pm On Sep 09, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Oshe. Fresh boy, my future Son in law

So he's eating well now? Thank God

cheesy cheesy
Yes o. He's eating very well now
He even took pap today. In fact once he sights you with his plate, spoon and his feeding bottle, he will start crying. And if you start feeding him and you waste time to get the food to his mouth, na cry go follow
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:15pm On Sep 09, 2017
Fyngal1:
@jazzyjazz: cute! cute!! cute!!! mehn dat last pix na die o. girls go hear am

cheesy
I de wait for the girls grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:17pm On Sep 09, 2017
enque:

cutie

Zara bites my nipple when she isn't in the mood to suck. She de lick that colgate tootpaste like say na sugar, b4 i even finish brushing with the finger brush, she don swallow am finish.

Be like our pikin be friends before we born them cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:18pm On Sep 09, 2017
enque:

Mehn, ours is next month. I'm just bracing myself up for the tears that will follow. Choi

I wonder if our orders were delayed due to the sallah holidays
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:19pm On Sep 09, 2017
Graciouscharis:

Very cute kiss kiss kiss

wink

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 2:37pm On Sep 09, 2017
jazzyjazz:
We're 8 months old today

Our own Fresh prince of Nigeria....so cute

pls how do u go about combing his hair? my dd's hair is almost like his and curly.... I comb her hair every morning she cries every time am combing it...I even oil it and try combing it when its still wet but still b4 u know it, it will get tangled.... Am just resisting the urge to start using ribbons since she's just 4 months...tnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 2:44pm On Sep 09, 2017
jazzyjazz:

I'm suffering from the same thing o
I've used sippy cup, and feeding bottle, all na the same. The other day he was hustling with my glass, I say make I try whether him go drink, but the boy Judy comot mouth

My sisters we are in the same boat oh. All these boys are smarter than us now oh. Me I have given up I make his cereal and pap watery and breast feed him after feeding him so he can poop in peace.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 3:48pm On Sep 09, 2017
myrygurl:

Our own Fresh prince of Nigeria....so cute

pls how do u go about combing his hair? my dd's hair is almost like his and curly.... I comb her hair every morning she cries every time am combing it...I even oil it and try combing it when its still wet but still b4 u know it, it will get tangled.... Am just resisting the urge to start using ribbons since she's just 4 months...tnx

My sister we always struggle with the hair o
In fact he's so smart now that when be sees me holding his comb he will hold my hand or hold the comb cheesy or he will keep turning his head. Lol

What I do, I leave it wet, then put lots of oil, then I distract him by giving him my phone or a toy to play with. While he's playing and twisting everywhere, I will be combing the hair. Could take up to 15mins but na so we de do am grin

E no easy lol

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 4:18pm On Sep 09, 2017
Who has tried pear puree?
Do I need to cook the pear? Google says no cooking for babies more than 9 months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 4:28pm On Sep 09, 2017
Hunnisuzie
Jazzyjazz
Chanbaby

Welcome to the hard poop stage...
Nothing else abt my dd gives me cause to worry but the hard poop issue don gv me grey hair.

Here are some tips I have tried as per d water n hard poop issue

Give warm water first thing in the morning b4 any meal
If ur LO is finding it hard to poop, breas.tfeed him. B.reastmilk helps my dd poop.
Don't give water immediately after a meal, they will b filled and won't want to take it, I give water 30mins-1hr after meal.
Sippy cups doesn't work for her when it comes to water, she prefers her feeding bottle.
I noticed that whenever she eats egg yolk, she takes a lot of water.. So I give her egg yolk as a snack in the evening and she drinks enough to make up for the one she hasn't taken so far.
I also wake her at midnight to give little water. She hardly resists late night or early morning water.

Straining doesn't necessarily mean ur LO is constipated....the texture of the poop determines that.

I recently read about pear and how it aids digestion, wanna try that.
Watermelon worked too but she doesn't like it that much.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 4:34pm On Sep 09, 2017
Na wa. Will someone make swallow watery too? Cc jazzyjazz

Chanbaby:

My sisters we are in the same boat oh. All these boys are smarter than us now oh. Me I have given up I make his cereal and pap watery and breast feed him after feeding him so he can poop in peace.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 4:36pm On Sep 09, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Na wa. Will someone make swallow watery too? Cc jazzyjazz

Not watery but very soft
Ewedu Na vegetable na so it should make him poop
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 4:36pm On Sep 09, 2017
Thanks Sis. No clue about the pear. Shebi pear is that one that looks like apple's younger sister? grin

enque:
Hunnisuzie
Jazzyjazz
Chanbaby

Welcome to the hard poop stage...
Nothing else abt my dad gives me cause to worry but the hard poop issue don gv me grey hair.

Here are some tips I have tried as per d water n hard poop issue

Give warm water first thing in the morning b4 any meal
If ur LO is finding it hard to poop, breas.tfeed him. B.reastmilk helps my dd poop.
Don't give water immediately after a meal, they will b filled and won't want to take it, I give water 30mins-1hr after meal.
Sippy cups doesn't work for her when it comes to water, she prefers her feeding bottle.
I noticed that whenever she eats egg yolk, she takes a lot of water.. So I give her egg yolk as a snack in the evening and she drinks enough to make up for the one she hasn't taken so far.
I also wake her at midnight to give little water. She hardly resists late night or early morning water.

Straining doesn't necessarily mean ur LO is constipated....the texture of the poop determines that.

I recently read about pear and how it aids digestion, wanna try that.
Watermelon worked too but she doesn't like it that much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1131) (1132) (1133) (1134) (1135) (1136) (1137) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.