Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,810 members, 7,813,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4396651 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1133) (1134) (1135) (1136) (1137) (1138) (1139) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2017
hunniesuzie:
*runs to my mother's village*
Giddyperson is this you blaaaad so fresh ? I'm stalking back
Chanbaby see as you fine. Don't think Malaria drugs can affect your LO like that oh, pls take him to the hospital for test. My baby didn't run fever the 2 times he's been sick

I'm in, now I don't have to sulk over missed pictures grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 10, 2017
So beauriful! Cute baby too kiss
Chanbaby:
Happy sunday, I think the malaria drug4 (fansidar and Artesunat) I'm taking is making my baby poo have mucous and tiny blood. Hope there isn't any issue. He eats well, no temperature, no vomiting. He poos like 3rice a day no a bit slimy.

Mother and son
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 10, 2017
U guys are simply wow!Cuteness overload!Keep up d good work!
Chanbaby:
Happy sunday, I think the malaria drug4 (fansidar and Artesunat) I'm taking is making my baby poo have mucous and tiny blood. Hope there isn't any issue. He eats well, no temperature, no vomiting. He poos like 3rice a day no a bit slimy.

Mother and son
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 1:58pm On Sep 10, 2017
Thanks mamas. Una don look pics forget the question wen I ask.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 2:40pm On Sep 10, 2017
PresVA:
Hey mamas, Trust you're all doing great...

Please, I need suggestions on quality yorghurt and milk(asides peak 123) for my one year old..

@ fed...dy27 , you mentioned miksi sometime ago, please confirm it's the attached you meant. .. it seems to be instant filled instead of full cream..

Many thanks. .

cc: all mamas

Yes this is it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 2:42pm On Sep 10, 2017
ahnie:
Pls sisters,my baby's poop has bn greenish for the past days now.and he's always dripping saliva from his mouth.

? z...should I bee worried?temp z okay.pls he z 4month ten days old.

Cc :
all mamas.

He's not getting enough of the hind milk. Ensure he empties one breast before you switch to the next
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 2:50pm On Sep 10, 2017
Mehn! Nobody told me weaning off the breast is freaking painful angry angry

So ytday I decided to stop breastfeeding both babies and applied 'stop and grow ' on my nips (stop n grow is like nail polish used to prevent kids from sucking their fingers). My son came , tested and screamed ' mum your breast is bitter' and he kept spitting. He told his sister that 'mum's breast is bitter, don't suck' cheesy cheesy but what does she know! She also came and experienced it herself and started spitting too.

We couldn't sleep all through the night.she kept crying! Her brother has accepted it And requested for tea at night cheesy cheesy

Right now, I'm going through so much pains! I have cabbage in my bra, I've taken ibuprofen but the pain is still there embarassed embarassed. I'm feeling frustrated already !!!!

Those that weaned,how did you cope? My gran says this cold turkey approach is not the best
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 3:28pm On Sep 10, 2017
feddy27:

He's not getting enough of the hind milk. Ensure he empties one breast before you switch to the next

Bless you mummy blue house fedora....regards to baby fed.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2017
Benignasweety:
Yea I saw dix one...

myrygurl e don done ooo come and see cute momma and son.

Hmmm my dear I almost missed this one...so fresh and clean...she looks like black American
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 10, 2017
myrygurl:

Hmmm my dear I almost missed this one...so fresh and clean...she looks like black American
So iyam doing my work jex fyn grin abi
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 4:38pm On Sep 10, 2017
ahnie:

Bless you mummy blue house fedora....regards to baby fed.

Thanks dearie...how is Zino and her bro?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Teegali(f): 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2017
Madam feddy27,sorry about the pain ,I don't have experience on this but for baby feddy she will get use to it after two or three nights. I have weaned my Dd about 2weeks ago as I couldn't continue with pregnancy n breastfeeding, she is eating all types of adult solid food, with pap and Nan.I started giving her plenty pap before sleeping, when she wakes up I give a little pap n she sleeps back, though she cried for some nights as she would still want breast even after the pap,but she eventually got use to it,in fact she no longer wake at night once she well fed before going to bed.If baby feddy is accepting solid food n cereal, try n feed her well at night. Sorry for the pain.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 5:09pm On Sep 10, 2017
Naomi14:
Yea go and buy grin
Lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 5:19pm On Sep 10, 2017
jamjam5000:

Hello mum, here is a link from an online discussion held by a certified nutritionist from "ask the paediatrician" facebook group. I am sure you will benefit greatly from it.

https://m./1606725032946275?view=permalink&id=1920952601523515&ref=content_filter

thanks dear.
Gaily04,thanks for your input too.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2017
Benignasweety:
So iyam doing my work jex fyn grin abi

yes o na u try pass...tnx tnx
kisses to zizi
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by firstpregnancy: 5:41pm On Sep 10, 2017
zaynie:

This is it.
Just read back. Or ask your questions and someone will redirect you to the page or moniker that knows about it.

oh thank you sis Zaynab .
I want to ask about how to prepare a 6momth old baby food , those ones that Java groundnut and crayfish as parts of their recipe
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 5:47pm On Sep 10, 2017
firstpregnancy:

oh thank you sis Zaynab .
I want to ask about how to prepare a 6momth old baby food , those ones that Java groundnut and crayfish as parts of their recipe

Tom brown??
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by firstpregnancy: 6:04pm On Sep 10, 2017
so my pple are here hunniesuzzie, enque, beningnasweety, giddyperson,mzleemah how are your babies

forgive me if I didn't spell your names right

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by firstpregnancy: 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
yes yes that's the name tom brown
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 6:42pm On Sep 10, 2017
Teegali:
Madam fe...ddy27,sorry about the pain ,I don't have experience on this but for baby feddy she will get use to it after two or three nights. I have weaned my Dd about 2weeks ago as I couldn't continue with pregnancy n breastfeeding, she is eating all types of adult solid food, with pap and Nan.I started giving her plenty pap before sleeping, when she wakes up I give a little pap n she sleeps back, though she cried for some nights as she would still want breast even after the pap,but she eventually got use to it,in fact she no longer wake at night once she well fed before going to bed.If baby feddy is accepting solid food n cereal, try n feed her well at night. Sorry for the pain.

Thanks my darling! Baby Fedora is 'anty eater'..lol. she eats everything.

How are you coping dear?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by opejulie10: 7:10pm On Sep 10, 2017
Giddyperson:

I'm currently using Heinz fruit and yoghurt porridge, she loves it a lot. I bought the Heinz Apple and oat porridge but she didn't seem quite as interested so I'm just sticking to the one she loves. No energy to try out new things for now for fear of wasting money. Some other brands also have cereal for 4months+ Just check the baby food aisle. Always make sure u buy the ones with 4+ written on the pack.

thanks ma, I am just seeing this, my phone has been faulty all this while... I have tried heinz apple and pears and she is not taking it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by opejulie10: 7:11pm On Sep 10, 2017
thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by opejulie10: 7:12pm On Sep 10, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Gerber supported sitter. You'll see 4 months+ on the pack

thanks ma, I will try it out
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 7:18pm On Sep 10, 2017
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2017
Hello mamas that their lo is exclusively breast-fed, Please when did you start giving your babies water to drink?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 8:04pm On Sep 10, 2017
feddy27:
Mehn! Nobody told me weaning off the breast is freaking painful angry angry

So ytday I decided to stop breastfeeding both babies and applied 'stop and grow ' on my nips (stop n grow is like nail polish used to prevent kids from sucking their fingers). My son came , tested and screamed ' mum your breast is bitter' and he kept spitting. He told his sister that 'mum's breast is bitter, don't suck' cheesy cheesy but what does she know! She also came and experienced it herself and started spitting too.

We couldn't sleep all through the night.she kept crying! Her brother has accepted it And requested for tea at night cheesy cheesy

Right now, I'm going through so much pains! I have cabbage in my bra, I've taken ibuprofen but the pain is still there embarassed embarassed. I'm feeling frustrated already !!!!

Those that weaned,how did you cope? My gran says this cold turkey approach is not the best

Cold turkey is never the best. Sorry dear, you will start feeling better the 3rd day. Just take the ibuprofen twice daily and wear a good supportive bra. It will soon pass. Sorry you hear.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 8:05pm On Sep 10, 2017
Naomi14:
Hello mamas that their lo is exclusively breast-fed, Please when did you start giving your babies water to drink?
The 6th month as i introduced cereals
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PresVA: 8:30pm On Sep 10, 2017
feddy27:

Yes this is it
Ok.. Many thanks...any suggestions on Yorghurt?

I also need more suggestions on milk.. preferably full cream milk..

cc soonest, zaynie. . everyone please smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:07pm On Sep 10, 2017
PresVA:
Ok.. Many thanks...any suggestions on Yorghurt?

I also need more suggestions on milk.. preferably full cream milk..

cc soo..nest, zay..nie. . everyone please smiley

Oldenburger and Loya have full cream milk.
I use loya milk (personal use cos my LO isn't 1 yet)

For yoghurt, I heard the unsweetened type is good for kids and then u can add fruits to sweeten.
Someone also recommended unsweetened Greek yoghurt.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 9:12pm On Sep 10, 2017
Chai my baby is growing everyday oh 6-9months short is like pant for him. All the clothes I have been keeping he can't wear them for long. Dh is not making things easy he said I should come up with an estimate. I said I can't its as I see i buy.
Boys clothes are so expensive.
Apart from mall for Africa how do baby clothes from Abroad oh with reasonable delivery charges.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:23pm On Sep 10, 2017
Chanbaby:
Chai my baby is growing everyday oh 6-9months short is like pant for him. All the clothes I have been keeping he can't wear them for long. Dh is not making things easy he said I should come up with an estimate. I said I can't its as I see i buy.
Boys clothes are so expensive.
Apart from mall for Africa how do baby clothes from Abroad oh with reasonable delivery charges.

I can understand your hubby, you need a budget and stick with it within reason. You do not need to buy EVERY size bracket and be buying a full range of clothes every 3 months. You can go the next size up and let him grow into it you will have longer use that way. . So instead of 9-12, you can skip that size in most of the clothes and get up to 18 months. For tops and trousers roll the sleeves and legs up. T shirts a size up you may never wven notice it is big.
The only thing i will may may not be too good to buy a size up if your baby is already trying to walk will be a the onsesie as the feet is dangling and becomes a trip hazard. ,

Also....You know ankara is your friend too.
Get your tailor to turn all your un-used scarfs and spare fabrics into shorts, cargo pants and trousers with shirts and tops for him for housewear and keep the more expensive things for outings.

My two cents.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:29pm On Sep 10, 2017
firstpregnancy:
so my pple are here hunniesuzzie, enque, beningnasweety, giddyperson,mzleemah how are your babies

forgive me if I didn't spell your names right
Baby's good thanks for asking. How are you doing

(1) (2) (3) ... (1133) (1134) (1135) (1136) (1137) (1138) (1139) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.