Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4398210 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2017
enque:

Kupa medical centre ajao estate...
u can call the hospital reception 08136342021 to find out details.

just saw that u r at ikorodu...isn't there any private hospital around you?

I've been to different hospitals and I get the same answer 'NO'. One nurse was bold enough to say I'm only insisting on the vaccine because my husband has money, that what of people who can't afford it have their children all died??. I decided I will have to take the vaccine outside ikorodu, I will definitely call the number and find out of they have it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:58pm On Sep 22, 2017
shocked shocked shocked shocked

Nobody ever says crap like this bolded comment to me, I just don't know why

I don't even know where to unpack it from

Biko, leave that Ikorodu, you can check Isalu at Ogba, Royan at Ojodu. Those are the ones I know

katchycouture:

I've been to different hospitals and I get the same answer 'NO'. One nurse was bold enough to say I'm only insisting on the vaccine because my husband has money, that what of people who can't afford it have their children all died??. I decided I will have to take the vaccine outside ikorodu, I will definitely call the number and find out of they have it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
hunniesuzie:
shocked shocked shocked shocked

Nobody ever says crap like this bolded comment to me, I just don't know why

I don't even know where to unpack it from

Biko, leave that Ikorodu, you can check Isalu at Ogba, Royan at Ojodu. Those are the ones I know

No be her fault na, I just decided to ignore her because my mum was with me...thanks a lot, I will compare all the options other mamas have give then I will choose the closer and cheaper one...thanks once more
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Orente21(f): 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
Fyngal1:

try cerelac. the rice with milk variant is from 6months.
pls ma,do u mean rice with milk must strictly been given fr 6month. Wat abt rice alone.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:01pm On Sep 22, 2017
Orente21:
pls ma,do u mean rice with milk must strictly been given fr 6month. Wat abt rice alone.

Different brands package baby food differently;

the cerelac brand of cereals are sold as rice with milk so u don't need to add milk.
Nutribom rice is sold as rice alone, you must add formula/milk while making for your lo
frisogold rice is sold as rice with milk, also u don't need to add milk.

All these are from 6 months upwards.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babyboom(f): 3:11pm On Sep 22, 2017
Hello mamas,
Just received the information below from my bank (Union Bank)
And i felt it will be useful here
thanks

Get 50% off your shipping cost on Mall for Africa

Mall For Africa is Africa’s largest online mall with over 180 online shops and stores.
To Enjoy 50% off your shipping, follow the steps below:

 Watch demo video https://www.mallforafrica.com/videointro
 Apply Promo/Coupon code: UNION100
 Pay with Union Bank Debit Card Online

Promo ends October 19, 2017

Please tell your family and friends about this exclusive discount for Union Bank Debit Card holders.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 22, 2017
I have an issue to deal with. They refunded some money due to stock-out. Only for me to find the item of which they have refunded money for, in my package. How do I give them back their money. Na so Jumia first do, I collected the package only for me to get credit alert. Even one mama for nl still dash me something wey I no order. Now MFA don carry their own come. Issokay
enque:

[s]The diaper is very delicious and sweet when eaten with hot Okro soup cooked with plenty Okproko and stockfish ...lol[/s]

OK...on a serious note.
It's actually very absorbent and not as tight on her waist as other size 4 diapers.

But I'm still sad abt d whole price hike thingy embarassed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 4:00pm On Sep 22, 2017
Naomi14:
I have an issue to deal with. They refunded some money due to stock-out. Only for me to find the item of which they have refunded money for, in my package. How do I give them back their money. Na so Jumia first do, I collected the package only for me to get credit alert. Even one mama for nl still dash me something wey I no order. Now MFA don carry their own come. Issokay

Biko i just have 1 major question for u

Nne, Which soap u dey take baff b4 u place order? [s]me sef wan de see ds kain freebies when i shop[/s]

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 4:29pm On Sep 22, 2017
Come hug me let this favour rub me for body biko

Naomi14:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 4:35pm On Sep 22, 2017
Hi Beautiful mothers. Trust every1 is doing well with our LOs.

Please,i have something bothering me gaàaan ni!
I noticed my DS prefers to suck from my Left bwess. As in,when i put him at the right to suck,na wahala o but if i turn him to left,he'll just rush and quickly grab it.

So my question is,do babies prefer one bwess to another

Pleeeeease help me!

My first son wasn't like this,ah!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmytayur(f): 5:59pm On Sep 22, 2017
[quote author=perfectcrown post=60726060]Hi Beautiful mothers. Trust every1 is doing well with our LOs.

I noticed my DS prefers to suck from my Left bwess. As in,when i put him at the right to suck,na wahala o but if i turn him to left,he'll just rush and quickly grab it.

Pleeeeease help me!

D's me too o my ds likes to suck my left breast and ordinarily it's bigger than d right in size and d nipple too so I guess: it's cos the right one has a smaller nipple now the milk coming from my right breast is low in quantity if she suck it she will jest give me one kind look like mamma wat r u doing. I don't know if I shld be worried too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onaswu(f): 6:04pm On Sep 22, 2017
[quote author=temmytayur post=60728991][/quote] experiencing same
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bookholla(f): 6:31pm On Sep 22, 2017
perfectcrown:
Hi Beautiful mothers. Trust every1 is doing well with our LOs.

Pleeeeease help me!

My son is 5wks and he wouldn't even suck any of my breasts at first,I even had to wash d breast wt black soap from elewe omo,den I cleaned wt olive oil.then he started sucking my right breast alone and will cry and refuse d left one. I cleaned both again wt oil concentrating more on d left and now he sucks both...so I figured he refused d breast at first because it was probably blocked...so u can try cleaning ur left tips more. Hope ds works.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 6:57pm On Sep 22, 2017
bookholla:

My son is 5wks and he wouldn't even suck any of my breasts at first,I even had to wash d breast wt black soap from elewe omo,den I cleaned wt olive oil.then he started sucking my right breast alone and will cry and refuse d left one. I cleaned both again wt oil concentrating more on d left and now he sucks both...so I figured he refused d breast at first because it was probably blocked...so u can try cleaning ur left tips more. Hope ds works.

Thanks ma'am but my right bwess is usually fuller and it leaks even with mild pressure.

I just asked some elderly mothers and they said some babies prefers one to another. **i'm a bit relieved**

He only accept d right side when he has finish sucking and emptied d left(lol) or at night when hes "sleepingly" needs to suck.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 22, 2017
Lmao cheesy I no use soap
enque:

Biko i just have 1 major question for u

Nne, Which soap u dey take baff b4 u place order? [s]me sef wan de see ds kain freebies when i shop[/s]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 22, 2017
Hahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy favour ke! I see it as temptation so I repay/give it back. Market own na him worse. Over change each time I go to market(e.g give 200 get 800) I usually give them back and tell them to concentrate while selling.
hunniesuzie:
Come hug me let this favour rub me for body biko

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by davsquared: 8:34pm On Sep 22, 2017
Lovely mamas, good evening. Hope we all are doing fine with our LO's. First time posting here. I appreciate d wealth of info here. God bless every contributor.

Abeg, I have small question. Dnt knw if it has been answered b4, bt

1. How do I get my 3yo to stop weeing on his body wen he sleeps. Especially at night. I feel like i haven't done enuff as he still has to put on diapers to sleep at dis age. He even says it himself " No mummy, I dont want to wear Pampers . Dey r for small babies. I am a big boy!" Yet he will design d bed if he no wear am.

2. Is it safe to start giving my 1yo DS tea? If yes, wat can i use to make it? Milo and Nan 3 undecided? I want to know cos i think its cos i didnt start early dat his elder bro selects food a lot. No bread and tea, no golden morn, no beans, so many no's. I dnt want to make d same mistakes

Abeg sabi mamas, helep me ans
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jina24(f): 8:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by farydah: 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2017
davsquared:
Lovely mamas, good evening. Hope we all are doing fine with our LO's. First time posting here. I appreciate d wealth of info here. God bless every contributor.

1. How do I get my 3yo to stop weeing on his body wen he sleeps. Especially at night. I feel like i haven't done enuff as he still has to put on diapers to sleep at dis age. He even says it himself " No mummy, I dont want to wear Pampers . Dey r for small babies. I am a big boy!" Yet he will design d bed if he no wear am.

I make sure my 3+ son wees before going to bed ,he doesn't take liquids no matter how much he begs at least 1hour before bedtime, then I wake him up at least once during the night to wee. HTH

i guess other Sabi mamas will answer your second question.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
davsquared:

2. Is it safe to start giving my 1yo DS tea? If yes, wat can i use to make it? Milo and Nan 3 undecided? I want to know cos i think its cos i didnt start early dat his elder bro selects food a lot. No bread and tea, no golden morn, no beans, so many no's. I dnt want to make d same mistakes

Number 1 we haven't started yet and I'll learn from the answers you will get.

Number 2 yes you may give tea! Milo,bournvita, ovaltine, Horlicks. Milk can be formula follow up milk, toddler milk, or regular milk(full cream not filled).
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by davsquared: 10:04pm On Sep 22, 2017
@Liftedhands, thank you so much. I will start immediately. He seems more adventurous with food dan his bro and i want to milk it for what it's worth.

@farydah. I will try dat. Tin is he sleeps way too deep! Can sleep thru any kinda noise or distubance so getting him to cooperate with u to wee wen he is asleep no go easy. But i no get choice, i will follow ur advice and also stop late drinking of water. I appreciate d response

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zheemub(f): 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2017
davsquared:

It's work ooo. You have to wake him up to wee at intervals. With time he will get it.
Before now I wake my son up to wee every 30mins for 2hours then set alarm at 2hours interval till daybreak cuz he wees alot.
Now it's 3 times or twice at night. Sometimes he doesn't even wee on the bed even if I don't wake him up.
Now, am onto the second. Same routine.
But he is a light sleeper so I carry him to wee before putting him on the bed and twice before daybreak.
Hope this helps.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 22, 2017
farydah:
I make sure my 3+ son wees before going to bed ,he doesn't take liquids no matter how much he begs at least 1hour before bedtime, then I wake him up at least once during the night to wee. HTH

i guess other Sabi mamas will answer your second question.

Weldone ma. Sorry am not trying to disapprove how you culture your son but I think you need to be liberal a little. As in, you never can feel how much tasty he could become or how much his body needs liquid at a particular moment, me think you should try and satisfy his urge for water (not juice or other drinks) any time. Even of its little please.

I just put him in my shoes, when am tasty I can't sleep until I drink water.

@Davsquared, while you are adopting all the advises given, you can also get a polythene wrapper laid under your bed spread or on top of it and lay another wrapper on it where you will place him. So if pararaventure you sleep off and failed to take him up to wee, he won't wet the bed but the other wrapper.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olamitie: 10:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
Abeg what can I use for my dds cough, its given us sleepless nights
SECONDLY does cacatin help with babies hair growth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by claudia50(f): 11:06pm On Sep 22, 2017
enque:

Different brands package baby food differently;

the cerelac brand of cereals are sold as rice with milk so u don't need to add milk.
Nutribom rice is sold as rice alone, you must add formula/milk while making for your lo
frisogold rice is sold as rice with milk, also u don't need to add milk.

All these are from 6 months upwards.

But my five month loo is enjoying it... Babies re ready for solid from 4-6months....if your baby is ready..... Can these sweet heart..... Mine refuses pap causes I added soybeans to his milk had to beg him with nutribon maize without milk cause he prefer without milk n breastfeeding to support till we settle with pap....... Nutritional wise is same as pap people......
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by claudia50(f): 11:13pm On Sep 22, 2017
What does it mean to have a happy baby............. Wondering abeg Sabi mama them@enque @angelTI @faryday @lifted hands @davsquare @Naomi14
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 22, 2017
Mamas at what month do I stop waking up baby at night to eat?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by claudia50(f): 11:26pm On Sep 22, 2017
perfectcrown:

Thanks ma'am but my right bwess is usually fuller and it leaks even with mild pressure.

I just asked some elderly mothers and they said some babies prefers one to another. **i'm a bit relieved**

He only accept d right side when he has finish sucking and emptied d left(lol) or at night when hes "sleepingly" needs to suck.

Mine did same drama with me...... I expressed and gave him his breast milk in bottle through out the day for a week..... And only gave him alternative breast at ngt cause he his to sleepy to know...... After them he does not select....... He grab at any 1 I offer him........... Kudos to all the Sabi mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 22, 2017
I don't really understand the question. When your little one spends more time giggling than crying. When you are happy then your baby will be too I guess!
claudia50:
What does it mean to have a happy baby............. Wondering abeg Sabi mama them@enque @angelTI @faryday @lifted hands @davsquare @Naomi14
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 12:22am On Sep 23, 2017
claudia50:
A baby that scatters your house and​ leaves it looking like a tornado went thru it. shocked

A baby that goes into the bathroom and runs the tap whilst screaming his lungs out for mummy . cheesy

A baby that collects the spoon from you insisting on feeding himself but ends up putting the food in every part of his face and body except his mouth. undecided

A baby that targets your face when you want to change his diaper and decides at that moment to spray you with "holy water" and giggles hysterically at you. embarassed

A happy baby is happy cos mum is happy and not barking at him all the time. kiss

Lolz more like a naughty toddler. grin grin

16 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mayluv(f): 4:26am On Sep 23, 2017
davsquared:

Other mamas go help answer your question as I never get the experience but abeg o where do you get to buy nan 3. I have not seen it in any stores yet to buy, even the big stores dem. Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by farydah: 5:02am On Sep 23, 2017
olubankemi:

Weldone ma. Sorry am not trying to disapprove how you culture your son but I think you need to be liberal a little. As in, you never can feel how much tasty he could become or how much his body needs liquid at a particular moment, me think you should try and satisfy his urge for water (not juice or other drinks) any time. Even of its little please.

I just put him in my shoes, when am tasty I can't sleep until I drink water.

@Davsquared, while you are adopting all the advises given, you can also get a polythene wrapper laid under your bed spread or on top of it and lay another wrapper on it where you will place him. So if pararaventure you sleep off and failed to take him up to wee, he won't wet the bed but the other wrapper.
hello dear no offence taken but it works for me and him so......... :-D

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.