Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4402128 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2014
Rukemi291:

[quote author=Rukemi291 post=28381719]

We are in d same boat. Mine finds it funny when I shout. He laughs so happily **I wonder why****
I wanted to wean him at 1yr 6months but not anymore, 1yr 2months it is now....before I will find my nip.pl.e
in his mouth....
lol..my son also laffs wen i shout and i'll b lyk..wots wt him?? @ijeoma, no b only shaki..hehehehe no wounjor me wt laff o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 8:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
ayolight:

tnk u so much. infact i cant tnk u enough for ur concern. u re rit she stats sitting late by herself around 7mnths, nd since den no oda developmnt. her weight is very poor nd im tryin my best givin her wat i tink shud work for her. as regards her birth, d only tin i cud say is dat she is deliverd tru CS and she dnt cry immediately she was deliverd, i knw dis cos i was not sleepin truout d process i tink dey jst reduce effect of pain. so dat is d only tin dat happns durin her birth, but her first 6mnth or there about of life was fantastic, very fat, lively, talking always baby. though, probably cos she is always with me i dnt notice dis changes until wen we went for her last immunizastion. since den ve been batlin wit all wat ve said earlier. i honestly appreciate u. God bless u.

You didn't state earlier that he can sit. He probably need help in working on the muscles to hasten his motor skills. Is he using the baby walker yet? The doc I sent an email hasn't replied me but I was told there are quite a number of consultant paed at FMC ado ekiti. Can you help ans these ques:
1, Does he play with his hands? Like touching stuffs and bringing it to his mouth and head?

2 does he clap his hands or bring them together?

3 does he roll on the floor on both sides?

Regards
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sikeowo(f): 9:56pm On Nov 29, 2014
Good evening adorable mamas.I v bn a dedicated silent reader of this thread for more dan 2yrs now.my 24hrs issnt complete witout chking d thread.I wanna say a big tnk u 2 al modas here because dey v cntributed 2 my abilty 2 raise my kids upin one way or d other.I decide 2 join the thread now 2 c if I cld cntribute meaningly 2 d care of our cuties.God bless mothers and ofcousre our DHs

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:24am On Nov 30, 2014
Hello mothers,I'm always treating my baby for malaria everytime,anytime I went to d doctor or pharmacist when his body is hot,they will told me its malaria,and I'm really trying to prevent malaria by using mosquito nets,though we live in those new sites dat ve nt been yet developed vry well,like breeding dirty waters from gutters dat cause mosquito and some bushes around,I'm just tired of dis malaria episode,my mum bought dis soap for malaria and hotness of d body(oshe iba, ara gbigbona),I just started using the soap for him yesterday,though before,I was using soap for teething (oshe eyin)for him,so I wanna ask ,will d malaria and hotness of d body go by using d malaria soap,or I should get him an anti-malaria medicine,hope too much of anti-malaria medicine giving to babies dnt cause harm,I just gave him arthemeter medicine(for malaria)which is nt even up to 3weeks ago,I'm just nt happy about dis,and my mum claim its teething dat make a baby body to ve temperature,and pls dnt insult me about nt using mosquito net,I use it on d bedside only,and he can't play on d bed alone now,he like to crawl everywhere around d house,he is almost 10months,mothers pls advice me on what to do about dis malaria episode o,tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 5:51am On Nov 30, 2014
MojAyo:
Hello mothers,I'm always treating my baby for malaria everytime,anytime I went to d doctor or pharmacist when his body is hot,they will told me its malaria....mothers pls advice me on what to do about dis malaria episode o,tanx
Please, go for MP test to be sure it's malaria. Sometimes, (slightly) high temp is not always a symptom of malaria nor that of teething. Don't just administer medicaments. I'm not sure if those soaps could affect your kid negatively though, kp using them as instructed but endeavour you go for d MP (malaria parasite)t at any rep medical lab.
You should tuck d mosquito net into your beddings to secure your child from mosquitoes & falling. Kp your environment clean as much as possible, at least for your kid sake.
Stay safe. It's well with your family.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 6:23am On Nov 30, 2014
MojAyo:
Hello mothers,I'm always treating my baby for malaria everytime,anytime I went to d doctor or pharmacist when his body is hot,they will told me its malaria,and I'm really trying to prevent malaria by using mosquito nets,though we live in those new sites dat ve nt been yet developed vry well,like breeding dirty waters from gutters dat cause mosquito and some bushes around,I'm just tired of dis malaria episode,my mum bought dis soap for malaria and hotness of d body(oshe iba, ara gbigbona),I just started using the soap for him yesterday,though before,I was using soap for teething (oshe eyin)for him,so I wanna ask ,will d malaria and hotness of d body go by using d malaria soap,or I should get him an anti-malaria medicine,hope too much of anti-malaria medicine giving to babies dnt cause harm,I just gave him arthemeter medicine(for malaria)which is nt even up to 3weeks ago,I'm just nt happy about dis,and my mum claim its teething dat make a baby body to ve temperature,and pls dnt insult me about nt using mosquito net,I use it on d bedside only,and he can't play on d bed alone now,he like to crawl everywhere around d house,he is almost 10months,mothers pls advice me on what to do about dis malaria episode o,tanx

Sorry to say but your outline is contradictory, doc and pharmacist You certain its doctors telling you your baby had malaria or a chemist shop?? You need to be very careful with administering un-prescribed drugs to a 10months old because of his Liver and most importantly brain damage. Besides, how could your baby be having malaria every month? Hmmm. Pls thread carefully

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 30, 2014
jboixxx:

Please, go for MP test to be sure it's malaria. Sometimes, (slightly) high temp is not always a symptom of malaria nor that of teething. Don't just administer medicaments. I'm not sure if those soaps could affect your kid negatively though, kp using them as instructed but endeavour you go for d MP (malaria parasite)t at any rep medical lab.
You should tuck d mosquito net into your beddings to secure your child from mosquitoes & falling. Kp your environment clean as much as possible, at least for your kid sake.
Stay safe. It's well with your family.
I did MP test last week when I carry him to see d doctor,which it was positive and they gave me drugs which I used for him,I'm always vry safe with d mosquito net on d bed and I will try to be more neat with d environment of d house,I'm thinking its teething,cos it can't be malaria everytime,for d temperature,I gave him baby ibuprofen
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 30, 2014
jam04:

Sorry to say but your outline is contradictory, doc and pharmacist You certain its doctors telling you your baby had malaria or a chemist shop?? You need to be very careful with administering un-prescribed drugs to a 10months old because of his Liver and most importantly brain damage. Besides, how could your baby be having malaria every month? Hmmm. Pls thread carefully
hello,what I mean is dat sometimes I go to see d doctor,and sometimes pharmacist,bt really becos of money issue,I use pharmacist for him,bt recently,I was forced to take him to see a doctor becos of his refusal of food,yeah,tanx for d advice,I want to stop using malaria drugs for him everytime,I'm thinking its teething,I've given him baby ibuprofen
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 8:59am On Nov 30, 2014
MojAyo:
hello,what I mean is dat sometimes I go to see d doctor,and sometimes pharmacist,bt really becos of money issue,I use pharmacist for him,bt recently,I was forced to take him to see a doctor becos of his refusal of food,yeah,tanx for d advice,I want to stop using malaria drugs for him everytime,I'm thinking its teething,I've given him baby ibuprofen

Baby ibuprofen is an analgesic as well...is he running temp or what? I think u shld slow down with the drugs on ur baby. He has had enough pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Firstimer(f): 10:26am On Nov 30, 2014
X
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 30, 2014
jam04:

Baby ibuprofen is an analgesic as well...is he running temp or what? I think u shld slow down with the drugs on ur baby. He has had enough pls
yeah,just d temperature issue,on and off,bt I think he is fine now,anytime he is running temperature,I will use paracetamol for him,tanx dear for ur concern
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Firstimer(f): 10:42am On Nov 30, 2014
I
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayolight(f): 9:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
jam04:

You didn't state earlier that he can sit. He probably need help in working on the muscles to hasten his motor skills. Is he using the baby walker yet? The doc I sent an email hasn't replied me but I was told there are quite a number of consultant paed at FMC ado ekiti. Can you help ans these ques:
1, Does he play with his hands? Like touching stuffs and bringing it to his mouth and head?

2 does he clap his hands or bring them together?

3 does he roll on the floor on both sides?

Regards
1. She plays wit her hands
2. She brings her hands 2geda but does not clap
3.wen she is in bed she can do dat, but she can't move to a sittin position on her own wen she lies down.
Tnks sir. Like I said earlier we ve been to fmc ido ekiti, dey said its malnutrition nd placd her on a fortified pap which I seriously enforce on.her for 3mnths, no changes, infact my hubby said I shud not buy it again cos I do force her to take it. She prefers to take adult food dan pap or liquids. So afta d first month of usin d pap we were dia for checkup wen d doc. Realizd no changes, he maintaind malnutritn dat we shud continue d pap. So till nw she still has a poor weight. But her eatin habit has improvd her weight is less dan 8kg and she is close to 13mnths. Tnks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 11:05am On Dec 01, 2014
ayolight:

1. She plays wit her hands
2. She brings her hands 2geda but does not clap
3.wen she is in bed she can do dat, but she can't move to a sittin position on her own wen she lies down.
Tnks sir. Like I said earlier we ve been to fmc ido ekiti, dey said its malnutrition nd placd her on a fortified pap which I seriously enforce on.her for 3mnths, no changes, infact my hubby said I shud not buy it again cos I do force her to take it. She prefers to take adult food dan pap or liquids. So afta d first month of usin d pap we were dia for checkup wen d doc. Realizd no changes, he maintaind malnutritn dat we shud continue d pap. So till nw she still has a poor weight. But her eatin habit has improvd her weight is less dan 8kg and she is close to 13mnths. Tnks.

When next you go to FMC, insist that you want to see a paed and not just a general doc. from your answer, i can comfortably tell you that your baby is fine, she just need help on her motor skills. i think this is the time you need to devout much time to her during the day. although her weight at 13 months is poor and since she is not interested in taking the pap, you can give her the adult food she so much want. i do not know much about variety of adult food that can be given to a baby at that age. maybe mothers inhere could be of help in that area. ALSO DO NOT FORCE-FEED HER, it will affect her psychology when its time to eat always.

practice the sitting technique i gave u often, always place her on her tummy ( this will encourage/stimulate crawling and dont do this on a hard floor) and also get her a baby walker to assist her leg muscles to hasten standing standing-up and walking later on. you can also watch some physical therapy videos on you-tube. this will assist you on how to go about it.

In all, try to see a pead and NOT a general practitioner and most importantly devout more time for her to help with her motor skills.

regards
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 11:06am On Dec 01, 2014
Firstimer:
While i take Feroglobin capsule daily. He's a strong boy and hasnt fallen ill.
I also give him 0.3ml Emcee (vit. C)
Is the multivitamin too much for him?

whats the dosage your doc prescribed?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 12:08pm On Dec 01, 2014
jam04:

When next you go to FMC, insist that you want to see a paed and not just a general doc. from your answer, i can comfortably tell you that your baby is fine, she just need help on her motor skills. i think this is the time you need to devout much time to her during the day. although her weight at 13 months is poor and since she is not interested in taking the pap, you can give her the adult food she so much want. i do not know much about variety of adult food that can be given to a baby at that age. maybe mothers inhere could be of help in that area. ALSO DO NOT FORCE-FEED HER, it will affect her psychology when its time to eat always.

practice the sitting technique i gave u often, always place her on her tummy ( this will encourage/stimulate crawling and dont do this on a hard floor) and also get her a baby walker to assist her leg muscles to hasten standing standing-up and walking later on. you can also watch some physical therapy videos on you-tube. this will assist you on how to go about it.

In all, try to see a pead and NOT a general practitioner and most importantly devout more time for her to help with her motor skills.

regards
thanks for encouraging ayolight.
I think she shld c a paediatric neurologist. its obvious s drs she has seen so far hv nt bn able to help her(frm wot she has told us). Pls if any one has a contact, d person shld pls help out. If u kno a good paed, preferrably a pardiatric neurologist, u can help book an appointmentt for ayolight. Ayo dear, pls no sacrifice s small for ur baby. b ready to travel out of ado ekiti to seek d best of care. If u ll b willing to travel to UNTH enugu, i cld mk enquiries for u. just let me kno.Wish u d best
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 2:17pm On Dec 01, 2014
tchiwinnie:
thanks for encouraging ayolight.
I think she shld c a paediatric neurologist. its obvious s drs she has seen so far hv nt bn able to help her(frm wot she has told us). Pls if any one has a contact, d person shld pls help out. If u kno a good paed, preferrably a pardiatric neurologist, u can help book an appointmentt for ayolight. Ayo dear, pls no sacrifice s small for ur baby. b ready to travel out of ado ekiti to seek d best of care. If u ll b willing to travel to UNTH enugu, i cld mk enquiries for u. just let me kno.Wish u d best

the current strike isnt helping matters as she might not be able to afford a private consultant hospital( she complained of limited finance).
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 2:55pm On Dec 01, 2014
vickilafab:
I spank him wt my hand cos he used to do it alot wen i used to just tap him. Pele.. Countin down ke?? D paed told me until 2yrs tho am contemplatin how workable dat is.

Two years kemine is a year ooo den jara 4 one month oooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 3:27pm On Dec 01, 2014
jam04:

the current strike isnt helping matters as she might not be able to afford a private consultant hospital( she complained of limited finance).
yea, dats true. bt we cld still mk enquiries if she s ready to travel.Hopefully, d strike will soon b called off.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutesonia: 9:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
Firstimer:
While i take Feroglobin capsule daily. He's a strong boy and hasnt fallen ill.
I also give him 0.3ml Emcee (vit. C)
Is the multivitamin too much for him?
pls what did you give him for colic pain?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutesonia: 9:32pm On Dec 01, 2014
Firstimer:
Can a baby be given too much multivitamin?
I mean' i give my baby who will be 3 month old this week 0.6ml Abidec and 0.6ml Bcomplex(as against 5ml dosage stated on d bottle). I've been giving him daily from birth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Firstimer(f): 10:44pm On Dec 01, 2014
cutesonia:

I gave him Gbomoro. At the same time, i stopped taking milk and the pain stopped (that was before he got to 2 months) So i dnt really know which of them worked for him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 1:28am On Dec 02, 2014
Pls what is colic pain and gbomoro?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 8:58am On Dec 02, 2014
Firstimer:
Can a baby be given too much multivitamin?
I mean' i give my baby who will be 3 month old this week 0.6ml Abidec and 0.6ml Bcomplex(as against 5ml dosage stated on d bottle). I've been giving him daily from birth.

I tot abidec is 0.3 until a yr.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 11:48am On Dec 02, 2014
ijeoma2728:

I tot abidec is 0.3 until a yr.
Folks, what's d function or benefits of abidec? *covers face*
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by farydah: 11:50am On Dec 02, 2014
Good day mamas and papas. Pls when I'm supposed to start brushing or cleaning my baby's mouth/teeth?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutesonia: 12:54pm On Dec 02, 2014
Firstimer:

I gave him Gbomoro. At the same time, i stopped taking milk and the pain stopped (that was before he got to 2 months) So i dnt really know which of them worked for him.
thanks. 'll try it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutesonia: 12:58pm On Dec 02, 2014
rezzy:
colic pain is infant abdominal pain that makes them to always cry.
Gbomoro is just a med for the pain
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 1:11pm On Dec 02, 2014
cutesonia:

Gbomoro is just a med for the pain

ok thanks.
My baby is always having the pains too. My MIL gives him àgbo every morning. Though i bought gripe water but its not working.

Is the gbomoro local med(agbo)?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutesonia: 1:14pm On Dec 02, 2014
rezzy:
Gbomoro is just a med for the pain.

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.