Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4397529 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ojumirireayo: 11:14am On Dec 10, 2014
can I wean my baby before his first teeth come out, he is not eating.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 11:30am On Dec 10, 2014
ojumirireayo:
can I wean my baby before his first teeth come out, he is not eating.
i dont understand. ow old s ur baby? are u weaning because he s nt eating? pls clarify so we cn help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2014
Good day sabi people. My 16-day old daughter stools too often. It's almost an hour thing, if she passes gas, poop comes out with it. I went to the doctor to complain twice, he said it's normal. Yesterday, I noticed the inner part of her bottom at the back is red. As at this morning, it has turned to a wound.

Whenever she poops, she cries with all her energy and I believe it's the wound paining her. Same with if I touch that place. Please, what can I do to make the wound heal and fast? Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shilees(f): 6:42pm On Dec 10, 2014
NoQualms1:
Good day sabi people. My 16-day old daughter stools too often. It's almost an hour thing, if she passes gas, poop comes out with it. I went to the doctor to complain twice, he said it's normal. Yesterday, I noticed the inner part of her bottom at the back is red. As at this morning, it has turned to a wound.

Whenever she poops, she cries with all her energy and I believe it's the wound paining her. Same with if I touch that place. Please, what can I do to make the wound heal and fast? Thank you.

The poop is what is making her bumbum red, u will need to change her diaper often and use vaseline to rub her bumbum before wearing diaper for her.I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shilees(f): 6:53pm On Dec 10, 2014
One more thing, watch what you eat cos the frequent poop might be a result of what you eat if you are breastfeeding.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 10, 2014
rezzy:

Both gripe water and nospamin, none is working for my baby.
I went to d extend of pressing his tummy, for where.

I had to call my sister to buy kerosene lamp for me.

My baby will be 1 mnth tmrw, today is the worst day since i gave birth to him. I didnt lie down not until to 7 this evening and to worsen my case, i have boil on my bum-bum. It is well. Its not easy to be a mother.

Avoid dairy products like a plague.

Pray to God.

Those 2 things worked for me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 10:46pm On Dec 10, 2014
bossladyMo:

Pray to God.

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 12:09am On Dec 11, 2014
shilees:

The poop is what is making her bumbum red, u will need to change her diaper often and use vaseline to rub her bumbum before wearing diaper for her.I hope this helps

Thank you so much. I will watch what I eat too. I already stopped taking milk.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 9:17am On Dec 11, 2014
FINA4804:
I started at one year. I noticed their toothpaste states 1-6years
am using 0-2 colgate toothpaste for him now @ 8mths+ since his first teeth budded. used warm salty water with cotton bud frm birth
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 9:25am On Dec 11, 2014
ijeoma2728:

Thanks will get d powder tomorrow, his body is now forming "odeshi" for raising raving powder.
same here o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 10:37am On Dec 11, 2014
NoQualms1:

for a newborn, dat s nt abnormal. d frquency ll reduce wt tym. change her diaper very often. wen u change her, let her bum dry well b4 u put anoda diaper, u cld also apply baby tribotan to d sore area.pele to her abeg.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 1:41pm On Dec 11, 2014
NoQualms1:

Poo every hour is not normal. Is he EBF or he is taking formular?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by racheld: 3:17pm On Dec 11, 2014
[quote author=NoQualms1 post=28759431]Good day sabi people. My 16-day old daughter stools too often. It's almost an hour thing, if she passes gas, poop comes out with it. I went to the doctor to complain twice, he said it's normal. Yesterday, I noticed the inner part of her bottom at the back is red. As at this morning, it has turned to a wound.

Whenever she poops, she cries with all her energy and I believe it's the wound paining her. Same with if I touch that place. Please, what can I do to make the wound heal and fast? Thank you. Apply penicilline ointment always until its healed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sikeowo(f): 7:48pm On Dec 11, 2014
[center][/center][quote author=racheld post=28789588][/quote]
Like its been said,watch what u eat.and I think u r exagyrating by sayin she poops every hour,dts lik 24 times..and wats d stool colour and constituency?.about d wound,u can mix sudocream and shea butter or only sudocream.pls ensure as much as possible d area is dry and clean .I hope ds helps

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 8:35pm On Dec 11, 2014
ok [quote author=vickilafab post=28778789]am using 0-2 colgate toothpaste for him now @ 8mths+ since his first teeth budded. used warm salty water with cotton bud frm birth
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lillyjane(f): 3:11am On Dec 12, 2014
NoQualms1:

pooping every hour is quite abnormal. if she is on formular, try changing to another brand for her and see if it will get better. For her anus, you need to make her cream at home with shea butter, coconut oil and palmkernel oil. click here for directions http://www..com/be-beautiful-with-nature

shea butter and coconut contains the healing properties to heal your baby's wound within few days and also give her relief each time she wants to stool. use this home made cream as a diaper change cream and dont forget to change her diaper as often as she poops. Its left for you if you would want to use it as a body cream for her. My baby girl is 6months now and have never used anyother cream apart from this since birth.

Pleaseeee vote Xenia Chiamaka Nwobu as the cussons baby of the year here https://cussonsbabymoments.com

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 1:14pm On Dec 12, 2014
sikeowo:
[center][/center]
Like its been said,watch what u eat.and I think u r exagyrating by sayin she poops every hour,dts lik 24 times..and wats d stool colour and constituency?.about d wound,u can mix sudocream and shea butter or only sudocream.pls ensure as much as possible d area is dry and clean .I hope ds helps

In addition to this, please try to air the baby's bum as well, it will help to heal it faster.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 9:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
bossladyMo:

Pray to God.

Like milk abi? And wat?

How will i now drink tea?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 7:23am On Dec 13, 2014
Thank you mamas for the responses. I'm still dealing with it though but it's getting better.

I need suggestions on the formula I can get for her, she's almost 3 weeks old. Thank you mamas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 7:28am On Dec 13, 2014
jam04:

Poo every hour is not normal. Is he EBF or he is taking formular?

She's on EBF but I want to introduce formula today. My tips are sore from excessive sucking, it seems breast milk no longer fills her.

Which formula can I give her? Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ojumirireayo: 9:04am On Dec 13, 2014
tchiwinnie:
i dont understand. ow old s ur baby? are u weaning because he s nt eating? pls clarify so we cn help

he is not eating again, he is 9 month now. I introduced food wen he is 5month, But after a brief illness he stop and it's very frustrating
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 13, 2014
rezzy:

Like milk abi? And wat?

How will i now drink tea?

You have to avoid beverages like Milo, cos they contain milk. Also avoid ice cream, cheese, etc.

You sacrifice your tea drinking ni o lol. I don't remember when last I drank tea sef. The milk proteins that cause the allergy stay in ypur system for about 2 weeks (if not more), so it's best you cut it off now.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 13, 2014
NoQualms1:

She's on EBF but I want to introduce formula today. My tips are sore from excessive sucking, it seems breast milk no longer fills her.

If your tips are still sore at this stage, it means she is not latching on properly...and if she doesn't latch on properly, she won't get enough milk, and it will be as if she sucks excessively.....when truly, she is just not getting enough milk due to improper latching.

3 weeks is still too young to say b.milk isn't filling her up. Get her latched on properly, and you will see changes and no more sore nipples.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 11:35am On Dec 13, 2014
bossladyMo:

You have to avoid beverages like Milo, cos they contain milk. Also avoid ice cream, cheese, etc.

You sacrifice your tea drinking ni o lol. I don't remember when last I drank tea sef. The milk proteins that cause the allergy stay in ypur system for about 2 weeks (if not more), so it's best you cut it off now.

Okay ma. I'm not finding the cry funny at all. I say goodbye to dairy product.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lillyjane(f): 12:14pm On Dec 13, 2014
NoQualms1:

If your basis for introducing formular is for her to get filled, I think its rather too early. Get her to latch well (her mouth should cover the nipple and the areola area properly) improper latching gives you sore nipples and makes the child not being able to get enough milk, hence consistence sucking.

Do the breastfeeding properly and eat a well balanced diet so she can get enough milk.
Good luck.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2014
Thanks for the responses but I'm sure she latches on well. I made research on it and corrected the way she feeds. It became better at a time but last night was crazy for me. She could not sleep and I could not too, she kept asking for food. It was so difficult.

I'm still open to suggestions on formula. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BryDario(f): 5:31pm On Dec 13, 2014
Goodevening mothers,pls my 8months+ baby is still not eating anything for over 3months now.have tried all means to make him eat,stil N̶̲̥̅̊Ơ̴̴͡‎​ change.its really frustrating*crying*. We have treated him for malaria last month.a friend suggest i give him worm medicine??
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ritawine2: 7:42pm On Dec 13, 2014
Mama in the houes,pls what could be the cause of smelliy loose stool,sth small green colour,or some undigested food in the stool,10 months old baby,and he don't want to eat dis days only breastmilk,pls I need ans urgently
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 7:44pm On Dec 13, 2014
NoQualms1:

How is the poo situation now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 7:48pm On Dec 13, 2014
ritawine2:
Mama in the houes,pls what could be the cause of smelliy loose stool,sth small green colour,or some undigested food in the stool,10 months old baby,and he don't want to eat dis days only breastmilk,pls I need ans urgently

Has he started to grow teeth? Does he have temp?(not high temp just something little higher than his normal body temp)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 7:50pm On Dec 13, 2014
BryDario:
Goodevening mothers,pls my 8months+ baby is still not eating anything for over 3months now.have tried all means to make him eat,stil N̶̲̥̅̊Ơ̴̴͡‎​ change.its really frustrating*crying*. We have treated him for malaria last month.a friend suggest i give him worm medicine??
r

By anything I guess you mean solids? Have you tried formula?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ritawine2: 7:54pm On Dec 13, 2014
jam04:

Has he started to grow teeth? Does he have temp?(not high temp just something little higher than his normal body temp)

His temp hot that high and he is teething ,3rd set now

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.