Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4398322 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1312) (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 3:03pm On Nov 18, 2017
Looooool. No kill me abeg. Made it this morning but nairaland no wan gree for my pics to upload

FloraEC:

My dear, thank God I asked and she corrected me that she didn't use custard but the mixture is called custard cos I was imagining custard+milk+egg=strong agidi with "mkpụrụ"

Good morning
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 3:10pm On Nov 18, 2017
If she's taking Nan1 well then continue it. You may have to feed her more frequently to get more food into her.

Have you tried using a manual pump? Or electric. Hand pumping never worked for me but electric pumps did

Waladade4luv:

Thanks so much for the jet reponse and d concern, my qiestions are which one is uda pepper soup, and fenugreek, then is pre-nan d same as NAN1 she is curently eating which one works for weight gain faster, pls pardon my ignorance and thanks in antecepation. Less i forget u z every 2hours that one na like hunger strike oh immediatly she finish eating and she gas it out she will start crying again imediatly for food again d doctor z because her palate is open so its half air half food she is taking
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 3:19pm On Nov 18, 2017
enque:
Akorkor Pls check ur whatsapp

Thanks sweetie.... muahhh
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:21pm On Nov 18, 2017
Akorkor:

Thanks sweetie.... muahhh

U r welcome
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by erne: 3:23pm On Nov 18, 2017
Hurry up before it gets out of stock...

%100 natural;
�SHEA BUTTER
�COCONUT OIL
�BEE HONEY

...All natural, available for sale

08139458588, 08053408939.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 3:42pm On Nov 18, 2017
Waladade4luv:

Thanks so much for the jet reponse and d concern, my qiestions are which one is uda pepper soup, and fenugreek, then is pre-nan d same as NAN1 she is curently eating which one works for weight gain faster, pls pardon my ignorance and thanks in antecepation. Less i forget u z every 2hours that one na like hunger strike oh immediatly she finish eating and she gas it out she will start crying again imediatly for food again d doctor z because her palate is open so its half air half food she is taking

Uda is a spice added to pepper soup that Igbo people take after delivery, it aids the uterus to retract and also makes breast milk flow! Ask from the spice sellers in the market tell them its for a new mom.

Fenugreek is a herb you will find it mostly in the spice section of store shelves.
I think Someone sells here can't remember the moniker.

Pre-nan is different from nan1, it's the milk of choice for premature babies cos it helps them put on body fat faster and it's easily digested by their tender stomach.

If she's getting enough food in I doubt the two hours is too long a time to space feeding, however you can try every 90mins. She should be on 3scoops of milk mixed in 90ml of water.

Let your wife try hand expressing cos most times breast pumps don't do much. Feed whatever amount of breast milk gotten anytime she is awake! The time space feeding i gave is for formula, breastmilk should be given ANYTIME baby is awake! Mummy can express and keep refrigerated for someone to help her feed baby when she takes her nap.

Let mummy feed and rest well so her body will he relaxed and produce milk! Stress and anxiety hinders the body from milk production.

All the best sir and feel free to ask more questions if you wish.

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rigor14: 3:47pm On Nov 18, 2017
Waladade4luv:

Thanks so much madam but the milk generated from pumping is not encouraging at all sometimes after 30mins of hard job of pumping what we see is like 3 to 5ml and d baby will with it within few seconds she will start crying again, the only safing grace so far has been NAN1 but am afraid the formular might not allow her gain weight and develop as fast as she needed to

Oga, there is a special way of feeding cleft patients and your doctor is suppose to do justice to that. There is already negative presure due to rhe communication between the mouth and the nose.
Please return back to them to help you, dentistry (maxillofacial surgery) is surer bet for this consition, all the best.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oamronnie(f): 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2017
We paid 7500 for each dose at FMC, Jabi

ttomexy:
Good morning,where can I get rotavirus vaccine free in abuja . also how much did you pay in your hospital?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oamronnie(f): 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2017
Maami, abeg share recipe for the plantain and egg yolk+milk
Thank you ma

FloraEC:

Yea dear, at least I won't be confused again. Since my daughter loves ripe plantain pudding with egg yolk and milk, I think she'll also love this one.

Greetings to your family.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 4:09pm On Nov 18, 2017
oamronnie:
Maami, abeg share recipe for the plantain and egg yolk+milk
Thank you ma

Ripe plantain
Cooked egg
Baby milk

I cut my plantain, cook it with little water. Bring out the egg yolk, mix the milk with water, add everything inside blender and blend till is smooth. You can mash if you want(plantain and egg yolk) and mix with milk

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amypearl: 4:25pm On Nov 18, 2017
[quote author=ttomexy post=62485911]Good morning,where can I get rotavirus vaccine free in abuja . also how much did you pay

Paid 10k in garki hospital
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaDG: 4:37pm On Nov 18, 2017
lululuv:

What's the result so far, am interested to know.
It dried off the following day. The shell life of the licafor suspension is 10days after opening and i was asked to use it for him for a week. The mupiderm ointment did justice to my baby's skin by returning his skin back to factory settings.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaDG: 4:40pm On Nov 18, 2017
sayoberry:

Give him oranges. U can squeeze for him and let him drink. Like 3-4 oranges
I thought of orange o but I was thinking he is too small to take it. let me hurriedly go and squeeze it for him. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaDG: 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2017
enque:

Pear puree
Very warm water first thing in the morning...i give around 5am
Make his cereals lighter
Prune Juice (never got to try this)
Pear juice
I have been looking for pear in all the markets. They said its out of season. I don't think we have prune in Nigeria. I discovered it was the flagyl I was using that is affecting my baby's poo. I have stopped it though.. I now make his cereal light and I tried this early warm water as u advised but my baby rejected it immediately he noticed its not the usual sweet ordinary water. thinking of trying orange juice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Waladade4luv(m): 5:03pm On Nov 18, 2017
hunniesuzie:
If she's taking Nan1 well then continue it. You may have to feed her more frequently to get more food into her.

Have you tried using a manual pump? Or electric. Hand pumping never worked for me but electric pumps did

Yeah she uses manual pump but i av never hard nor seen electric pump pls where can i get dt and at what cost
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 5:25pm On Nov 18, 2017
MamaDG:
I have been looking for pear in all the markets. They said its out of season. [b]I don't think we have prune in Nigeri[/b]a. I discovered it was the flagyl I was using that is affecting my baby's poo. I have stopped it though.. I now make his cereal light and I tried this early warm water as u advised but my baby rejected it immediately he noticed its not the usual sweet ordinary water. thinking of trying orange juice.
@ bolded, I doubt if there is anything you are looking for in this world you won’t find in Nigeria. Talking from real experience .

Please check Mall you will surely see prune. They may label it as Prum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 5:29pm On Nov 18, 2017
[quote author=ttomexy post=62488451][/quote]

8500 is the normal price
I've not heard of it being cheap anywhere else sha
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ttomexy(f): 5:48pm On Nov 18, 2017
Jazzjazz;The
oamronnie:
We paid 7500 for each dose at FMC, Jabi

thanks so much, I am very grateful
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaDG: 6:19pm On Nov 18, 2017
Akorkor:

@ bolded, I doubt if there is anything you are looking for in this world you won’t find in Nigeria. Talking from real experience .

Please check Mall you will surely see prune. They may label it as Prum
OK I'll check when next I go to Ikeja mall. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Waladade4luv(m): 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2017
Liftedhands:

Uda is a spice added to pepper soup that Igbo people take after delivery, it aids the uterus to retract and also makes breast milk flow! Ask from the spice sellers in the market tell them its for a new mom.

Fenugreek is a herb you will find it mostly in the spice section of store shelves.
I think Someone sells here can't remember the moniker.

Pre-nan is different from nan1, it's the milk of choice for premature babies cos it helps them put on body fat faster and it's easily digested by their tender stomach.

If she's getting enough food in I doubt the two hours is too long a time to space feeding, however you can try every 90mins. She should be on 3scoops of milk mixed in 90ml of water.

Let your wife try hand expressing cos most times breast pumps don't do much. Feed whatever amount of breast milk gotten anytime she is awake! The time space feeding i gave is for formula, breastmilk should be given ANYTIME baby is awake! Mummy can express and keep refrigerated for someone to help her feed baby when she takes her nap.

Let mummy feed and rest well so her body will he relaxed and produce milk! Stress and anxiety hinders the body from milk production.

All the best sir and feel free to ask more questions if you wish.

Thanks so much madam i av learnt so much from u already, i will ask d nearest igbo trader for d spice, them may b i should go for pre nan instead of nan1 then if it will work better but the doctor assured the best is d breast milk but she eats a spoon and 30ml water at a tym sha
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 6:32pm On Nov 18, 2017
There are various brands. I know someone used to sell on this thread but cant remember the handle. Giddyperson do you recall? Check Jumia sha for brands and prices

Waladade4luv:

Yeah she uses manual pump but i av never hard nor seen electric pump pls where can i get dt and at what cost
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Waladade4luv(m): 6:33pm On Nov 18, 2017
rigor14:

Oga, there is a special way of feeding cleft patients and your doctor is suppose to do justice to that. There is already negative presure due to rhe communication between the mouth and the nose.
Please return back to them to help you, dentistry (maxillofacial surgery) is surer bet for this consition, all the best.
Sure she uses cup and spoon and d doctor has already trained us how to feed her, all dt is already taken care of
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydeporch(f): 7:26pm On Nov 18, 2017
Waladade4luv:

Thanks so much madam but the milk generated from pumping is not encouraging at all sometimes after 30mins of hard job of pumping what we see is like 3 to 5ml and d baby will with it within few seconds she will start crying again, the only safing grace so far has been NAN1 but am afraid the formular might not allow her gain weight and develop as fast as she needed to
Let her try nd eat some bitterleaf soup. It helps increase milk flow.i av used it b4 nd it worked. If you are so worried, ur wife is more worried she cant produce much milk for her baby. Please u need to take it one day at a time, be calm . Shes going to be fine with d milk for d main time . Follow most advice given - warm water for bathing nd drink water very well.relax sir, she is gonna be fine

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 7:53pm On Nov 18, 2017
zaynie:
In my official voice

Good morning

Thank you.
I can't wait for the 2nd Edition!

Are you excited?! cheesy

Hi Zaynie, I am interested in giving out size 10 clothes and size 40 shoes; how do I know who is interested in them?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 7:55pm On Nov 18, 2017
MamaDG:
I have been looking for pear in all the markets. They said its out of season. I don't think we have prune in Nigeria. I discovered it was the flagyl I was using that is affecting my baby's poo. I have stopped it though.. I now make his cereal light and I tried this early warm water as u advised but my baby rejected it immediately he noticed its not the usual sweet ordinary water. thinking of trying orange juice.

Y r u giving him flagyl? Even I as an adult, flagyl constipates me
I see pear all around me o, hope it's not avocado pear they think u r looking 4? Cos Dt one is scarce
How old is ur baby?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 7:57pm On Nov 18, 2017
Waladade4luv:

Electric pumps are quite expensive depending on d brand..
Got mine for 39k a year ago
If u r interested, I'll hook u up wt a distributor
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2017
Waladade4luv:

Thanks so much madam i av learnt so much from u already, i will ask d nearest igbo trader for d spice, them may b i should go for pre nan instead of nan1 then if it will work better but the doctor assured the best is d breast milk but she eats a spoon and 30ml water at a tym sha
You are very welcome! Please try the pre-nan.

Yes breast milk is always best! But in this case where lactation has not been fully established and the urgent need to fatten up baby, formula feeding is your sure bet.

(The one spoon milk with 30ml water)is that

(A) the quantity she can eat at feed time or

(B)that's what you feed her?

If your answer is (a)I'd suggest regular and shorter feed gap don't wait till she crys for food.

If your answer is (b) your DD is being underfed and needs her formula quantity upped.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 8:48pm On Nov 18, 2017
Waladade4luv:

Sure she uses cup and spoon and d doctor has already trained us how to feed her, all dt is already taken care of
The special feeding method meant by this poster is a tube connected to the abdomen or the esophagus to pass liquid food directly into the stomach. Its the best feeding method for your daughter to enble her get enough nourishing food into her system without the rigours of swallowing.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lululuv(f): 8:51pm On Nov 18, 2017
MamaDG:
It dried off the following day. The shell life of the licafor suspension is 10days after opening and i was asked to use it for him for a week. The mupiderm ointment did justice to my baby's skin by returning his skin back to factory settings.

That's a good one. Wow, real factory setting, lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 8:54pm On Nov 18, 2017
Waladade4luv,congrAts on your newborn.let your wife rest very well and increase herfluid intake
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 8:59pm On Nov 18, 2017
maran1983:

Hi Zaynie, I am interested in giving out size 10 clothes and size 40 shoes; how do I know who is interested in them?

Thank you mama.
I'll send you a pm now and we can arrange how to get it ma.

Anyone interested should send me a pm just like others.
There's a waiting list already.
Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 9:40pm On Nov 18, 2017
dexterush:
Good day my adorable Mamas, i dey hail oh,lemme quickly drop this here first.

Are you low on budget and want shoes affordable,trendy and beautiful for your kids,then come in and a shoe for as low as 2k.

Noqualms1, saying Hi

Wow, didn't know you are the one before now. Greetings to your family.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1312) (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.