Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4396201 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) (1321) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 11:21am On Nov 20, 2017
Good morning mamas

I started giving Adele Nan 1 two days ago... The only wahala is that na me won finish am oh embarassed embarassed
How do you control yourself from eating your baby's food?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:31am On Nov 20, 2017
kelizosuy:
Good morning mamas

I started giving Adele Nan 1 two days ago... The only wahala is that na me won finish am oh embarassed embarassed
How do you control yourself from eating your baby's food?

Naomi14 coman see ur fellow licki-licki baby milk grin grin

my fren, will u go n buy milk if e de hungry u

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaDG: 11:37am On Nov 20, 2017
feddy27:

I have one inserted right now...
* painless procedure to get it done..just a slight discomfort
* 1st period was absolutely heavy
* subsequent ones are normal
* no issues whatsoever
* only disadvantage is that it will be poking your partner
* it's very safe and highly effective; at least my baby is 13months and no pregnancy so obviously it's working smiley
Thanks for the information. I am just scared of the inserting thing.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 11:37am On Nov 20, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The thing sweet pass normal milk cheesy grin

We've made it just thrice but it's almost finished now

I really need help I swear
enque:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:41am On Nov 20, 2017
kelizosuy:

e b like d milk no too cost for ur area, remember this is just the early months o...u still have a long way to go

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaDG: 11:45am On Nov 20, 2017
enque:
I have a copper IUD inserted since April 2017. The reason I went for copper was because I didn't want any hormonal contraceptives because I had irregular periods before I concieved.
I was asked to come on the last day of my first post-partum period for insertion. The insertion process was a bit uncomfortable, The nurse claimed that normally it shouldn't be, but it was cos I had my baby via CS. undecided, something abt cervix bla bla bla.
I felt a bit of pain afterwards (a few doses of panadol helped me get thru this) and I had to use a pad for 2 days after cos I had light spotting)

Side effects I have felt is only heavier periods - I use 3 and half pack of always (blue pack of 7) per period..(I used to have heavy periods before pregnancy tho, but the nurses said heavier periods is a major side effect).
Some ppl claim their partners feel it during s.ex, I don't know how true that is cos my DH has never felt it while doing the do.

Disadvantage - Menstrual periods can shift the coil, so u will need to search and feel the strings after each period to be sure it is still there...it's not so difficult sha, they will teach u at the clinic.
however, If for any reason, you do not feel it, Pls go back to the clinic to get it checked.

If well inserted, IUD can last for up to 10 years.

P.s - After my 2nd missionary journey, I think I'll just go for the arm implant grin. Hopefully, I won't be needing to regulate any periods.

cc MamaDG
I'll go for implant too after my 2nd journey because what I just read up there scares me but I just have to do something so that I won't come back here to give u stories that touch the heart because I did CS too. I have makeup my mind and do it for the main time. Thank you very much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 11:45am On Nov 20, 2017
kelizosuy:

Mine is my dd frisogold rice cereal, the raw one taste like grinded wafers biscuit mixed with milk. I can't help scooping some when I prepare it for her

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 11:48am On Nov 20, 2017
That's why I need tricks on how to avoid licking it na embarassed embarassed embarassed
enque:

e b like d milk no too cost for ur area, remember this is just the early months o...u still have a long way to go
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 11:48am On Nov 20, 2017
Chail cheesy cheesy we plenty grin grin
FloraEC:

Mine is my dd frisogold rice cereal, the raw one taste like grinded wafers biscuit mixed with milk. I can't help scooping some when I prepare it for her
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 20, 2017
Where is your location? I'm in Lagos.

mama, pls I want the lactogen for my baby. Thanks ma[/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 11:54am On Nov 20, 2017
enque:
I have a copper IUD inserted since April 2017. The reason I went for copper was because I didn't want any hormonal contraceptives because I had irregular periods before I concieved.

cc MamaDG
Pls mama i want to learn oo. Does it mean dat pple wit irregular menses shouldnt use arm implant contraceptive?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 12:07pm On Nov 20, 2017
kelizosuy:

I've tasted all her cereals but frisogold rice cereal is just too sweet and I love wafers biscuit wella. I always buy two(one for her and the other for me), I kent help it.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bolubej: 12:10pm On Nov 20, 2017
FloraEC:

No be only una waka come o
I remember buying frisocream as part of my provisions in final year back then in school and would hide it from my room mates
kelizosuy:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 12:12pm On Nov 20, 2017
Debclem:
Good morning mamas, please help a sister, my baby is 4wks old and her toddler brother generously gave her cough and catarrh. My little girl hardly sleeps as the cough won't let her, her breathing is noisy due to the catarrh cry .
It breaks my heart to see my little one struggle and cry through it, I even had a break down early this morning cry

Mamas what can I do besides the warm massages (it helps the catarrh phlegm come out tho), the cough is what I feel soooo helpless about, please help me.

If the cough is as bad as you’ve explained, you have to take your baby to the hospital.

The doctor might prescribe mild antibiotics to prevent the cough getting worse and clogging up her lungs.

In addition to this, get mild metholatum (there are brands available for babies) and apply it on hee chest, back, sides and feet about three times daily.

Try and treat your toddler’s cough so as to prevent him passing it on to his sibling.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 12:16pm On Nov 20, 2017
Hian cheesy cheesy cheesy Your own bad pass my own cheesy cheesy

But why do they make that sweet na grin
FloraEC:

I've tasted all her cereals but frisogold rice cereal is just too sweet and I love wafers biscuit wella. I always buy two(one for her and the other for me), I kent help it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 12:16pm On Nov 20, 2017
Just lukatew cheesy cheesy cheesy
bolubej:

No be only una waka come o
I remember buying frisocream as part of my provisions in final year back then in school and would hide it from my room mates
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 20, 2017
Hahahahaha! cheesy cheesy I no fit advice her cos am still fighting temptation. Since I bought the SMA gold you suggested, I scoop just a little cos it's not as sweet as Nan that I can put 2scoop in my mouth. I don't really like the taste but I still put small in my mouth sha!�

@Kelizosuy, FloraEC, bolubej, we can overcome this grin
enque:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 12:22pm On Nov 20, 2017
MamaDG:
Thanks for the information. I am just scared of the inserting thing.

really not scary or painful...trust me, that was my fear too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2017
Jennykoko3009:

Pls mama i want to learn oo. Does it mean dat pple wit irregular menses shouldnt use arm implant contraceptive?

The arm implant is hormonal
the coil (IUD) isn't hormonal (doesn't contain hormones)....my gynae advised me on mine, cos I wanted to see if my period will regularise after birth and thankfully it did.

Maybe u shld ask a gynae or dr.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaDG: 12:45pm On Nov 20, 2017
feddy27:

really not scary or painful...trust me, that was my fear too
OK I just have to do it. how much does it cost.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 20, 2017
Na unto confession things?
Well,me I helped my boy wit his cerelac cos he reacted to it and I no fit pour am,took his nan too wella sef(in tea or custard).Now I d help am finish him cereals if he doesn't finish it.Na d taste d drag pesin,one can't help it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaDG: 12:47pm On Nov 20, 2017
enque:

The arm implant is hormonal
the coil (IUD) isn't hormonal (doesn't contain hormones)....my gynae advised me on mine, cos I wanted to see if my period will regularise after birth and thankfully it did.

Maybe u shld ask a gynae or dr.
how much does it cost.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 12:47pm On Nov 20, 2017
kelizosuy:
Hian cheesy cheesy cheesy Your own bad pass my own cheesy cheesy

But why do they make that sweet na grin

Don't mind them, dunno if they think is only babies that like better thing. Funny enough I'm not a fan of goldenmorn

Naomi14:
Hahahahaha! cheesy cheesy I no fit advice her cos am still fighting temptation. Since I bought the SMA gold you suggested, I scoop just a little cos it's not as sweet as Nan that I can put 2scoop in my mouth. I don't really like the taste but I still put small in my mouth sha!�

Amen, I need a breakthrough
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 12:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
Sansa143:
Na unto confession things?
Well,me I helped my boy wit his cerelac cos he reacted to it and I no fit pour am,took his nan too wella sef(in tea or custard).Now I d help am finish him cereals if he doesn't finish it.Na d taste d drag pesin,one can't help it.

I don't like cerelac, it tastes like goldenmorn. Meanwhile they need to arrest the person in charge of nutribom, the taste is blehhh! I always add like 3-4spoons of milk before my DD will accept it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:59pm On Nov 20, 2017
MamaDG:
how much does it cost.

which of them?
my HMO covered the IUD
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 1:05pm On Nov 20, 2017
A big amen oh grin grin grin
Naomi14:

@Kelizosuy, FloraEC, bolubej, we can overcome this grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaDG: 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2017
enque:

which of them? my HMO covered the IUD
The copper IUD
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:33pm On Nov 20, 2017
MamaDG:
The copper IUD

HMO covered it, but I don't think it's expensive.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2017
You can now ORDER for KINYO BABY BREAST MILK PUMP.

COMES WITH ONE YEAR WARRANTY

NEW PRICES!!!

SINGLE BREAST PUMP: 17K
DOUBLE BREAST PUMP: 25K

Our Address: 3-9 Olu Koleosho off Medical Road, Ikeja, Lagos.
Phone/Whatsapp: 08060675824

Why Buy from us? We have sold a handful to people on this forum and they ARE SATISFIED WITH OUR QUALITY.

Some satisfied Nairaland users using Kinyo. See this: https://www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high/3330#59403999. There are many more though

WE ALSO NOW HAVE DIGITAL THERMOMETERS (VERY USEFUL TO CHECK YOUR BABY TEMPERATURE, 2k), DIGITAL INFRA-RED THERMOMETERS (5K), FETAL DOPPLER (TO CHECK FETUS HEART-BEAT RATE, 25k) AVAILABLE ON PRE-ORDER.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 1:54pm On Nov 20, 2017
MamaDG:
OK I just have to do it. how much does it cost.

no fixed price.. depends on where it is done. heard it's free at health centres.. not sure about this info tho

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 2:00pm On Nov 20, 2017
feddy27:

no fixed price.. depends on where it is done. heard it's free at health centres.. not sure about this info tho

yeah it's free at Mushin general hospital, I have a Dr friend there who told me about it so I'm guessing it's same for other GHs

cc MamaDG

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 2:03pm On Nov 20, 2017
MamaDG:
I thought of orange o but I was thinking he is too small to take it. let me hurriedly go and squeeze it for him. Thanks

Other mamas said it isn't safe for kids under a year. How old is your baby? I will not advice to give if under a year

(1) (2) (3) ... (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) (1321) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.