Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4392108 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1548) (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chili89: 7:20pm On Feb 23, 2018
This was exactly my Zara before.
Here's what I usually do=I simply request for injections when the Doc begins to write his prescriptions. Shikena
Giddyperson:
Biko nu, my baby has been sick and isn't taking her medicine at all, she spits it all out and fights me and throws up, I've tried all kinds of tricks but nothing works, and she keeps running temperature, I'm almost done with all the drugs they gave us to the hospital, and these drugs are sweet oh but she just doesn't care about that, I've tried putting it in her pap, her cup, her garri, blowing air in her face, singing, are there any other tricks out there cuz I'm thinking of going back to the hospital to ask them to inject her even tho she's almost done with her drugs
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oamronnie(f): 7:42pm On Feb 23, 2018
grin grin grin grin
It shall well!

AlphaHandMaiden:

Please Enjoy it!

Come back by easter and come and tell us how many times you have shouted...... SIT DOWN", COME DOWN!..... STAND STILL!, DON'T MOVE!, COME HERE! STOP THERE!!! grin grin grin grin

Heheheheheheh

then wait till they add talking join the matter! plus "independence" and assistance mode!. and they start saying.... " Let me do it!" or "Let me help you!" or everything is "MINE" including your phone, your cloth and your hand sef!

Oh the Joys of being a parent - ha ha!

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:55pm On Feb 23, 2018
hunniesuzie:
The blowing works for me and I try to give like 20 mins after food. I honestly think injection is the way forward if drugs aren't going down. Kisses to GB

Chili89:
This was exactly my Zara before.
Here's what I usually do=I simply request for injections when the Doc begins to write his prescriptions. Shikena

FloraEC:

I wish her quick recovery. If she's refusing the drugs, go for injections if the temperature is still high.
Thanks, I'd take her to the hosp in the morning for injections, can't do this drama again next week, lil cousin has been on midterm break so I've been taking them along with me to work but from next week I'd be helpless again, what do you people do with your babies when they are sick and you have to go to work
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 23, 2018
If she refuses her medicine, take her to the Hospital let them give her IV or you can do forced.
Giddyperson:
Biko nu, my baby has been sick and isn't taking her medicine at all, she spits it all out and fights me and throws up, I've tried all kinds of tricks but nothing works, and she keeps running temperature, I'm almost done with all the drugs they gave us to the hospital, and these drugs are sweet oh but she just doesn't care about that, I've tried putting it in her pap, her cup, her garri, blowing air in her face, singing, are there any other tricks out there cuz I'm thinking of going back to the hospital to ask them to inject her even tho she's almost done with her drugs

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 8:49pm On Feb 23, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Lol. It's not a problem, me sef bothered (and still do) people here

1. Omo I used the tin. 30 mls of water to 1 scoop of formula. Use the recommended number of mls for your baby's age. Can't remember the details
2. Immediately my stitches came out (2 weeks pp) I drove straight home and entered the bathroom for like an hour grin

Thank you so much, I thought it's absorbable stitch they did for me o, let me ask them if it's suppose to come off.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 9:00pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ammy5565:
Please mamas which drug can i use to deworm my 14months baby? He has never been dewormed and his doc doesn't seem to think its a big deal, like the kid is doing alright so why bother?
I think i also remember one mama here who said her baby started eating better after being dewormed. So I really think i should do this. Thanks.

Cc soonest
Dunasy
Hunniesuzie
Enque
All sabi mamas

Hope you have been answered ma'am...

I used Combantrin when my son was about this age for the first deworming cycle after which I use Retrax worm syrup( was prescribed by Pharmacist..no particular reason)....deworming is done every 6 months ( sometimes prescribed 4-6 months depending on the symptoms.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:05pm On Feb 23, 2018
Giddyperson

My son used to hate drugs
We had to be forcing him
Dh will hold his mouth open and pin him down gently enough to restrain his hands while I administer the drugs.
It was always stressful but it worked
I always ignored his cries which always pierced through my heart

Nowadays the boy will open mouth for you and even be licking the medicine dropper

It gets better as time goes on

If she's still refusing the drugs, take her back to the hospital and insist on injections

I wish her speedy recovery. She's healed in Jesus name Amen

As per having to work when your child is sick, for me I'd drop him off and meticulously explain the meds to his nannies. And I make sure to tell them that if there's a problem, they should call me! (the creche nannies don't joke with kids meds. They give them when due)

Or you can ask for a day or two off to care for her (I'd advise you take this route sha)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ammy5565(f): 9:06pm On Feb 23, 2018
dunasy:

Hope you have been answered ma'am...

I used Combantrin when my son was about this age for the first deworming cycle after which I use Retrax worm syrup( was prescribed by Pharmacist..no particular reason)....deworming is done every 6 months ( sometimes prescribed 4-6 months depending on the symptoms.
Thanks a bunch
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ilyfavoured: 9:42pm On Feb 23, 2018
Thanks ma'am. Also made enquiries at ambode health center in shomolu too. Are the free center only in shomolu? wondering why..
Other mamas pls help put mouth especially for places around Ikeja/ogba too and the cost implication

imurboss:

Yes, we got the free dose at oja health centre in somolu last month. As per ikeja & ogba i don't know if you can get it there for free yet ,mamas around that area will contribute
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:46pm On Feb 23, 2018
If it's absorbable you should have been able to bathe immediately. Ask please, do you go for periodic dressing?

Giddyperson I have my mum luckily but if she isn't available my baby's creche is careful with meds, they have a thermometer to periodically check his temp and his hospital card is usually in his bag

Bloomingbud:

Thank you so much, I thought it's absorbable stitch they did for me o, let me ask them if it's suppose to come off.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Angel2424: 10:24pm On Feb 23, 2018
Mamas, I am glad to be here. My baby will be a week old tomorrow. I have a bit of a challenge though. .my nips are sored from brestfeeding .the right one hurt so bad, I cnt even bf her on it again...how long will it take for them to heal and is there anything I can use to relief the pain..pls help a mama out sad sad

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 10:42pm On Feb 23, 2018
Angel2424:
Mamas, I am glad to be here. My baby will be a week old tomorrow. I have a bit of a challenge though. .my nips are sored from brestfeeding .the right one hurt so bad, I cnt even bf her on it again...how long will it take for them to heal and is there anything I can use to relief the pain..pls help a mama out sad sad

Congrats and you are welcome mama.
you can get lansinoh nipple cream for your sore tips..
cheers
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 10:49pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ilyfavoured:
Thanks ma'am. Also made enquiries at ambode health center in shomolu too. Are the free center only in shomolu? wondering why..
Other mamas pls help put mouth especially for places around Ikeja/ogba too and the cost implication

I learnt that the free center is only in Somolu for now cos it's a pilot scheme and also sponsored by an organisation.

cost implication for Rotavirus generally is between 7k-9k.

Mamas in ikeja/ogba environs will confirm hospitals.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by completey(f): 11:02pm On Feb 23, 2018
We are officially porting from the Preggy thread. Hoping to drink from the well of experienced mamas here.

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:43pm On Feb 23, 2018
completey:
We are officially porting from the Preggy thread. Hoping to drink from the well of experienced mamas here.

Welcome o
How's our handsome baby boy doing?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Angel2424: 12:49am On Feb 24, 2018
JGracious:

Congrats and you are welcome mama.
you can get lansinoh nipple cream for your sore tips..
cheers

Thanks..any idea how long it will take to heal?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 1:00am On Feb 24, 2018
Have ur baby taken the vaccine?
PreciousRuby:

Thank you plenty.
Please how do I get to shomolu health centre from Ikorodu? What days can I go for it and be attended to?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 3:57am On Feb 24, 2018
hunniesuzie:
If it's absorbable you should have been able to bathe immediately. Ask please, do you go for periodic dressing?

Giddyp.er..son I have my mum luckily but if she isn't available my baby's creche is careful with meds, they have a thermometer to periodically check his temp and his hospital card is usually in his bag

No I don't go for dressing, the plaster was removed before I was discharged and d other removed when I took DS for circumcision. I only clean the site with mentholated spirit as instructed.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 7:27am On Feb 24, 2018
Good morning beautiful people. My niece has a swelling on her face and they said it's mumps.
The drugs prescribed don't seem to be working. Does anyone know what we can do ?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by completey(f): 7:36am On Feb 24, 2018
enque:

Welcome o
How's our handsome baby boy doing?
He is okay ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 8:00am On Feb 24, 2018
Good morning mamas, has anyone use nutrilac, how is it?
how many times can i give my 6months old ds cereal in a day?
what other food can i introduce to him?

Enque
hunniesuzie
zaynie
all sabi mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:10am On Feb 24, 2018
opella:
Please mamas, my 3 months old baby has cough, is it advisable to give her drugs or should I wait it out?
cc ma'am zaynie and other mamas

Depends on how serious it is.
But I try to catch it really early.
Try giving the palmoik and sugar combo.
Rub chest, back, sides, soles with mentholatum and wear socks always.
The coldrain came with a vengeance
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:15am On Feb 24, 2018
So I'm wondering....
Why on earth is peak 123 milk so sweet, Dem mistakenly put plenty sugar?

Even me wey b adult sef, I find it too sweet.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Orente21(f): 9:22am On Feb 24, 2018
Angel2424:
Sorry mama. Make sure ur baby latch on d nipples well.try to put breastmilk on d nipples nd let fresh air blow on it.its work well for me.its ll go down

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by farydah: 9:30am On Feb 24, 2018
Awesomemama:
Good morning beautiful people. My niece has a swelling on her face and they said it's mumps.
The drugs prescribed don't seem to be working. Does anyone know what we can do ?
sorry ab9ut the mumps. my son had the same thing and were told to use this clay/sand wasp house(usually found at ceiling or wall edges). you make a paste out of the clay and rub at the affected site and the kid should be fine within an hour

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babylove01: 9:50am On Feb 24, 2018
Bloomingbud:

No I don't go for dressing, the plaster was removed before I was discharged and d other removed when I took DS for circumcision. I only clean the site with mentholated spirit as instructed.
I think you should be bathing already. Mine was removed before I left the hospital ND bathed when I got home. I just air it out regularly after cleaning with spirit
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 10:08am On Feb 24, 2018
babylove01:

I think you should be bathing already. Mine was removed before I left the hospital ND bathed when I got home. I just air it out regularly after cleaning with spirit

Thank you so much, I hope bathing won't delay the healing process cos I still feel pains on the site.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by foreverjoy00: 10:39am On Feb 24, 2018
Good morning mama in house we are officially porting from pregnancy thread.
Please help a ftm my dd stop passing out faeces since on Sunday don't know what to do and is it normal please am really worried. she is 15days today
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 10:45am On Feb 24, 2018
Welcome dear

Is she on ebf? If she is then no problem but if she's not then you can give enough water. I hear orange is good for constipation but I don't know how safe it is for a child less than one month.

Other sabi mamas will chuk mouth

foreverjoy00:
Good morning mama in house we are officially porting from pregnancy thread.
Please help a ftm my dd stop passing out faeces since on Sunday don't know what to do and is it normal please am really worried. she is 15days today
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babylove01: 10:57am On Feb 24, 2018
Bloomingbud:

Thank you so much, I hope bathing won't delay the healing process cos I still feel pains on the site.
It won't just clean with spirit, air the site and don't carry heavy things. Perfect healing by God's grace

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 10:59am On Feb 24, 2018
Good morning mamas how is u peoples grin grin grin grin grin

I have natural carrot oil for sale. It's 100% natural and no added substances.. It keeps your skin fresh and your hair healthy grin grin also very good for baby's skin.
Very cheap and can be delivered nation wide.

Oya enque come and buy to keep your oyibo skin more oyiboish grin hunisuzzie biko come and buy for OSI the prince
Giddyperson how's giddybaby now? FloraEC our bff oya comman buy
Liftedhands aka mama E that refused to submit assignment oya comman buy so I can forgive you
Jazzyjazz we need to keep Ilan's hair healthy oh so you need it also tongue tongue
Capo pweetiebabe and teamies Nimi22, beyedew,mahoti oya u people should comman buy grin grin

Iya Ibeta aka mama Moyo I will do personal delivery for you

Cc all mamas

You can pm me for more details

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:59am On Feb 24, 2018
Bloomingbud:

See eh,
I think it depends on the kind of incision closure that was used for ur CS.
Mine was the 'glue' type, so I didn't have any stitching....they just took out the plaster 2 days after the surgery and the DR said I'm gud to go. I cld have my bath freely but just ensure that I cleaned the incision scar daily wt water+savlon (not spirit).

I think u shld have asked at the hospital as per first time mum tins, but either ways... U can tie any non-absorbent material like nylon over the incision site and have ur bath. This shld prevent water from getting to the scar.
U have to do this carefully tho.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1548) (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.