Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,121 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4394852 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 10:05am On Mar 19, 2015
mytestimony:
Please oh I am a ftm I am fed up with ppl saying this or that. This forum I can listen to
They are insisting on giving less than a week old baby water o. Infact they have been giving her.. I hv decided to shut up
They are insisting on giving her gripe water
Please mothers help me.
Next now say na bitter cola
I am not on exclusive o
Biko make una help me. What am I to give and what not
Also mil said cos ppl.carry her I shld be giving her pcm. Infact I need help. Say I shld nt tell my doctor cos he wld say no.
pele dear, I can imagine what u r going through...

pls don't give ur baby bitter cola. u can give her little water since u r nt on exclusive so dat she doesn't get constipated.

y gripe water? is she havin tummy ache?? I didn't use it for my son so wont advice u to. what I did was to rub his tummy in a circular motion and giv hot water press on his abdomen after d navel had completely healed.

& pls n pls, paracetamol is a no-no. that reason ur MIL gave is nt valid. my son is almost a yr old & I can count d number of times av given him pcm. use it only wen ur child has a fever to bring temperature down bfor goin to d hosp.

always read d label of anything bfor givin ur child as we are responsible for them. na u carry am for belle o..
even when I c d paediatrician, I read d leaflet of every drug given n use my discretion. like sometime ago, he had a cold n I was given actifed, after readin, I saw dt it shouldn't be given to kids below 2yrs except on docs advise n lookin at my son, I saw d cold wasn't severe so I passed. Even common vitamin C, I hardly give- I prefer to squeeze out fresh orange juice for him.

so my dear, as mothers, we work with our instinct. regardin ur MIL, be diplomatic with her or call ur doctor n arrange meeting then go wt her and mention all dese things so u can av points..
like bfor my son was circumcised, my mom & MIL were already givin me lecture on how we'll manage it n wot we'll do.. I simply made sure both of dem wer wt me wen I was asking d docs questions. when we got home, I decided to bath n dress him myself. They were both cross sayin it wont heal wtout me applying anything bt my husband was supportin me so I was good. after 5 days, d plastic fell off & dey marvelled- healed perfectly! may God give u wisdom, it is well

sorry say my tori long.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 10:10am On Mar 19, 2015
Nita2013:
If u r not doin exclusive dear then u can give water. I ll advice u give oh cos my son was exclusively breast fed and now he hates water with passion. Though I hear some exclusively breast fed babies do take water well.

Gripe water is very good for d tummy and navel. I gave my baby for 2 months I think.

Lol @paracetamol. Pls do not give paracetamol except ur baby is runnin temperature oh. After all d many carrying, ur MIL should press d baby's body well while bathing ur baby. U can also give baby massage. Baby massage is super good and that enables mother and child time

dat baby massage with slightly hot water & after bath works wonders. grin

I breastfed exclusively n my son drinks water well o.. continue givin him, wt time he'll get used to it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 10:23am On Mar 19, 2015
CharmyBliz:
ow do u wash ur child's bottle? wat do u use?
I use normal liquid soap (mama lemon or morning fresh), I usually dilute mine a little wt water bfor puttin in d bottle den use a long brush to wash thoroughly, rinse well den I put in d sterilising unit. if ders no electricity, I put d bottle in 'boiling hot water' n cover for about 5 mins or use Milton liquid wt cold water
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dinma4u: 11:06am On Mar 19, 2015
favoredgal:

About gripe water; My ped in the USA said that it has ingredients that has not been approved by FDA while the ped in Naij said it has ogogoro.
I still went ahead and gave my baby when I was at my wits end with colic. She reacted negatively to it and developed black hairy tongue.
Some people say it works for them sha

Gudmorning all mum's in the house.am just joining this group for the first time and am happy to be a member, pls my baby girl will be 1yr next week 24th of this month and she's not yet crawling, standing and walking, hav bn seeing paediatrician she only told me dat the baby is having delay in milestone and I should be keeping some toys in her front which am doing and she's making an attempt but can't move, so have bn so worried. Anyway presently she has bn running temperature, she throws up, don't eat, and passing a watering sheet, the only thing she like taking is water. She went for an admission like month towards ending and they treated her malaria and yesterday a text was carried out on her and no malaria fund. Pls mum's advice me on what to do because am just confused. She's my first child. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 11:30am On Mar 19, 2015
Sweetie I know.....
bossladyMo:

Booster dose is for older kids/adults...not babies who recently just took the initial dose.

You can't booster a 3month old baby,when he or she only just took the initial dose.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 11:36am On Mar 19, 2015
I do know some babies don't crwal before walking. Have u tried to walk with her? Well I will say take her to a consultant pead. They have ways to check strength on limbs etc.
Dinma4u:

Gudmorning all mum's in the house.am just joining this group for the first time and am happy to be a member, pls my baby girl will be 1yr next week 24th of this month and she's not yet crawling, standing and walking, hav bn seeing paediatrician she only told me dat the baby is having delay in milestone and I should be keeping some toys in her front which am doing and she's making an attempt but can't move, so have bn so worried. Anyway presently she has bn running temperature, she throws up, don't eat, and passing a watering sheet, the only thing she like taking is water. She went for an admission like month towards ending and they treated her malaria and yesterday a text was carried out on her and no malaria fund. Pls mum's advice me on what to do because am just confused. She's my first child. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esteria(f): 11:50am On Mar 19, 2015
My sabi mummies I hail oo! God bless us all.
Pls can I give my 5month old freshly squeezed orange?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mubzay(f): 2:19pm On Mar 19, 2015
Dinma4u:

please go and see an orthopeadic doctor ( if u r in lag, go to national orthopeadic hosp igbobi). Its true chidren grow at diff milestone but by standard she shud av bn standing on her own n moving arnd with things. God is ur strength. Treat her for diarrhea using ORS. It might be teething tns. God is in control av faith
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 4:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
Dinma4u:

my best friend's son never crawled and he walked at one year 3 months so dont panic.

However, like everyone has suggested take her to a different ped for second opinion

i am sure all is / will be well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 7:12pm On Mar 19, 2015
Hello mamas..
I am a ftm of a 5 week old baby. I have been exclusivly breastfeeding my baby even though when he was constipated I was forced by my MIL to give him water whch I did 2ce and I stopped because my instincts ddnt feel good about it. Instead I increased my fruits intake and everything has been good. The probi have is school resumed a month ago and I was given 6weeks grace which will end by the endof the month.I want to exclusively breastfeedmy baby.how can I go about it please. I don't want to introduce formula yet.please can someone explain the technique of breast pumping? I have 2 manual breast pump.tried it 2days ago and he collected it using cup andspoon.how can I effectively pump what willbe enuf for my baby so he doesn't starve? I dnt want him to loose weight..I am on a full time prog.please experienced mamas help me out
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 7:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
hajarahbadmus:
Hello mamas..
I am a ftm of a 5 week old baby. I have been exclusivly breastfeeding my baby even though when he was constipated I was forced by my MIL to give him water whch I did 2ce and I stopped because my instincts ddnt feel good about it. Instead I increased my fruits intake and everything has been good. The probi have is school resumed a month ago and I was given 6weeks grace which will end by the endof the month.I want to exclusively breastfeedmy baby.how can I go about it please. I don't want to introduce formula yet.please can someone explain the technique of breast pumping? I have 2 manual breast pump.tried it 2days ago and he collected it using cup andspoon.how can I effectively pump what willbe enuf for my baby so he doesn't starve? I dnt want him to loose weight..I am on a full time prog.please
experienced mamas help me out

Continue pumping so u can knw ao much ur baby can take. Do u plan using a creche or mil wil stay wit d baby? Most pple don't hv patience to feed baby wit cup and spoon oo esp creche. Once u can estimate his daily intake, it wil help u and pls start the 2-3hrly routine feeding so he won't b much trouble for the person u r dropping for.
I express abt 450-600ml for my baby cos I lactate well and he takes abt 150ml per feed wen I resumed work, he feeds mostly 3-4times b4 I cum back frm work. Hope dis helps
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 7:48pm On Mar 19, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Continue pumping so u can knw ao much ur baby can take. Do u plan using a creche or mil wil stay wit d baby? Most pple don't hv patience to feed baby wit cup and spoon oo esp creche. Once u can estimate his daily intake, it wil help u and pls start the 2-3hrly routine feeding so he won't b much trouble for the person u r dropping for.
I express abt 450-600ml for my baby cos I lactate well and he takes abt 150ml per feed wen I resumed work, he feeds mostly 3-4times b4 I cum back frm work. Hope dis helps

God bless u kaffy. Will start asap. He has a nanny.But my lo feeds every hour o! How can I do the every 2hrly feeding? How can I also boost my breast milk? How do I also store themilk if there is no light?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by moonberry: 9:15pm On Mar 19, 2015
Hello mummy's, am a FTM, I noticed a swollen lump on my baby's scalp( he is a week old),this evening while bathing him. its somehow watery when I press it but doesn't seem to pain him. I want to take him to d hospital now but my MlL said I shld wait till tomoro besides my DH is not around. Please o I have been crying cause when I googled it, wat I read raised my bp.
Please has any mama experienced such. Please I need ur reply mamas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 9:44pm On Mar 19, 2015
hajarahbadmus:

God bless u kaffy. Will start asap. He has a nanny.But my lo feeds every hour o! How can I do the every 2hrly feeding? How can I also boost my breast milk? How do I also store themilk if there is no light?

U start gradually by adding 15mins to his feeding time then 30mins then 1hr, he wil adjust,all u nid is consistency. The more u pump and feed, the more d feedback in milk production. Ensure u eat well and take lots of fluid, stay hydrated nd let him start getting use to d nanny wit u leaving dem alone b4 u resume skul so it won't b much trouble. U can put the feeding bottle in a bowl of water if there's no light or u get a gud cooler dat can stay cold wit block and preserve. Hope dis helps

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 9:47pm On Mar 19, 2015
moonberry:
Hello mummy's, am a FTM, I noticed a swollen lump on my baby's scalp( he is a week old),this evening while bathing him. its somehow watery when I press it but doesn't seem to pain him. I want to take him to d hospital now but my MlL said I shld wait till tomoro besides my DH is not around. Please o I have been crying cause when I googled it, wat I read raised my bp.

Can't rily picture wat u r describing but pls u don't want to worry ursef out. Google give response to wat we type, it mite nt b wat is wrong wit ur baby. Pls it's almost morn, relax and b strong for ur child, get the baby to see a doc 2mao and pls feed us bck. All is well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 10:44pm On Mar 19, 2015
kaffy4bill:

U start gradually by adding 15mins to his feeding time then 30mins then 1hr, he wil adjust,all u nid is consistency. The more u pump and feed, the more d feedback in milk production. Ensure u eat well and take lots of fluid, stay hydrated nd let him start getting use to d nanny wit u leaving dem alone b4 u resume skul so it won't b much trouble. U can put the feeding bottle in a bowl of water if there's no light or u get a gud cooler dat can stay cold wit block and preserve. Hope dis helps

Thanks honey..I'm really grateful
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 20, 2015
favoredgal:

About gripe water; My ped in the USA said that it has ingredients that has not been approved by FDA while the ped in Naij said it has ogogoro.

I still went ahead and gave my baby when I was at my wits end with colic. She reacted negatively to it and developed black hairy tongue.

Some people say it works for them sha

Same thing my hubby says..that gripe water/nospamin are acholic..he says al dey do is to sedate d baby n nt take the pain away

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 9:50am On Mar 20, 2015
moonberry:
Pls dont press it again. Did u say d lump was watery or do u mean it was soft? Still tk him to c a paed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 9:52am On Mar 20, 2015
esteria:
My sabi mummies I hail oo! God bless us all.
Pls can I give my 5month old freshly squeezed orange?
yess u can
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 9:53am On Mar 20, 2015
Dinma4u:

At wot month did she start sitting down without support?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esteria(f): 10:35am On Mar 20, 2015
Alright! Tnx a lot

tchiwinnie:
yess u can
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 11:10am On Mar 20, 2015
pls mamas I'm a ftm to a 2 wks old baby.can I take fruits and veges nw? will it affect my baby cos i'm ebf her.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Oluqueen: 12:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
Good day to all mamas, please I intend introducing pap to one of my twin girls at the third month, she eats a lot and Breast milk isn't always enough for her and her formula intake is much more than the other twin.

I don't know if it will be too early for her. Please what do I do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 1:10pm On Mar 20, 2015
Mzora:
pls mamas I'm a ftm to a 2 wks old baby.can I take fruits and veges nw? will it affect my baby cos i'm ebf her.

Yes u can.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by moonberry: 1:55pm On Mar 20, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Can't rily picture wat u r describing but pls u don't want to worry ursef out. Google give response to wat we type, it mite nt b wat is wrong wit ur baby. Pls it's almost morn, relax and b strong for ur child, get the baby to see a doc 2mao and pls feed us bck. All is well
[quote author=tchiwinnie post=31811219]Pls dont press it again. Did u say d lump was watery or do u mean it was soft? Still tk him to c a paed

Yes a watery lump, I was told to give him vitamin c and ampiclox drop,that mayb he is reacting to the saop and cream we use for him cos he has heat rashes on his fore head too and that we shld not press it while bathing him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
hajarahbadmus:
Hello mamas..
I am a ftm of a 5 week old baby. I have been exclusivly breastfeeding my baby even though when he was constipated I was forced by my MIL to give him water whch I did 2ce and I stopped because my instincts ddnt feel good about it. Instead I increased my fruits intake and everything has been good. The probi have is school resumed a month ago and I was given 6weeks grace which will end by the endof the month.I want to exclusively breastfeedmy baby.how can I go about it please. I don't want to introduce formula yet.please can someone explain the technique of breast pumping? I have 2 manual breast pump.tried it 2days ago and he collected it using cup andspoon.how can I effectively pump what willbe enuf for my baby so he doesn't starve? I dnt want him to loose weight..I am on a full time prog.please experienced mamas help me out

Save yourself the trouble sis...get formula. I don't trust daycares to handle expressed breast milk well.....it can be really dangerous if it's not handled properly.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Besea(f): 7:51pm On Mar 20, 2015
Sabi mamas, i hail o. Pls i want to introduce to my 14 week olx boy, i tried similac and he started acting like he wanted to throw up. I tried again d next day still d same, Please do i change milk or is it dat he doesn't like formula altogether. Am i doing it wrong? Pls help a FTM.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 8:16pm On Mar 20, 2015
Besea:
Sabi mamas, i hail o. Pls i want to introduce to my 14 week olx boy, i tried similac and he started acting like he wanted to throw up. I tried again d next day still d same, Please do i change milk or is it dat he doesn't like formula altogether. Am i doing it wrong? Pls help a FTM.

Possible he doesn't like d milk, try adding it to a cereal and see his reaction. If same, u mite have to change it. Hope dis helps
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Besea(f): 8:44pm On Mar 20, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Possible he doesn't like d milk, try adding it to a cereal and see his reaction. If same, u mite have to change it. Hope dis helps
Thanks.
Pls what kind of cereal can i give him. He eats a lot and He's a big baby 7.5kg at 14 weeks?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 9:17pm On Mar 20, 2015
[quote author=moonberry post=31819205][/quote]if it was there frm birth, then its nt a reaction. Is it d size of a boil, or bigger?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 2:39am On Mar 21, 2015
Oluqueen:
Good day all, am a new mum of twin girls delivered through a C section. My twin were given BCG and Hepatitis B vaccines and they both suddenly became restless, please is it normal?
Secondly, please how do I recover or lose this postpartum belly, very important please. Tnx.

Ghen Ghen... I don dey find you since. How was the birth experience?

*looks around* Na wa o. I never seen this thread before o. Choi!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:35am On Mar 21, 2015
jboixxx:

I no know what to comment too o. I laffed when I saw am but I guess she's right on that sha.
wats funny about what I said

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Tallcutie(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.