Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,675 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1697) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4412094 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1694) (1695) (1696) (1697) (1698) (1699) (1700) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 8:48am On May 04, 2018
Mahoti:
Pls Darasimi need vacation cos I think I am going to faint,she won't play alone nobody fit carry her eating na war I can't eat in peace,I don't really sleep, I am always exhausted cos its jst me and her pls someone should jst come and carry her for 2hours I love her so much sha
Rant over cry

spread a colorful mat, put her down..look for those toys that move so she will be chasing it...allow her to play! I'm sure you are always carrying her... how old is she? making feeding times happy hour! sing, do funny faces, eat with her, allow her play with some of the food

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 8:52am On May 04, 2018
beautifulrosa:
Anyone cold here?
Did it rain at your end?

So I av 2questions. My son weighed 6.4kg at 14weeks. Bet he's not looking chubby like that. I wonder if that is the expected weight of a baby at his age. Tho presently we are 4months old.

Again also he seems to be interested in whatever am eating.....[b]is there any cereal he can take at 4months?

[/b]Thanks in anticipation of your kind responses.

yes.. Heinz and cow and gate products

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by erne: 9:19am On May 04, 2018
THE MANY HEALTH BENEFITS OF CONSUMING SEA SALT

Daily consumption of our UNREFINED SEA SALT supplies the body with an abundance of essential mineral elements; refined salt, such as the common table salt, has been stripped of all but two of these elements; In addition, refined, commercial salt contains harmful additives, including aluminum silicate, an alleged cause of Alzheimer’s disease.

PRICE: 2K PER KG

SYMMETRIC ORGANIC PRODUCTS,
08139458588, 08053408939

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 9:24am On May 04, 2018
mitche15:
Sigh.... i have finally removed jadelle from my arm. I am so sad that it didn't work out for me. I want to try with the non hormonal copper T, pls any reviews? I don't want it to shift oh embarassed . I am so upset, i actually wanted a tubal ligation done during my CS but my oga at the top refused to sign.

This family planning wahala. embarassed and i don't want any by mistake, i am not sure i will enjoy sex again if i don't have assurance oh. My heart go just dey beat.

Pls guys! Reviews for non hormonal IUD

Oh my! Why did you remove it?
I almost wanted to remove mine too when i spotted for 4weeks! But i was given some pills which made it stopped...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beautifulrosa: 9:24am On May 04, 2018
feddy27:

yes.. Heinz and cow and gate products
Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 9:26am On May 04, 2018
feddy27:

The pics are attached. they both do the same function.

For the pains, I took buscopan and ibuprofen o... but it was still there jor.. it stopped when it felt like it was time

Mama i raise hands for you ma! You tried o! 3years and 18months!!!

Me wey wan wean my 2nd ds next month when he'll be 1year. I cant shout abeg!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by portable4real: 9:59am On May 04, 2018
@feddy..
He doesn't give any reason up till this moment. And he insist on no family planning. the only thing Is religious reason and I tried explaining to him but all was abortive.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaymarius(f): 10:27am On May 04, 2018
portable4real:
@jaymarius
well from my first son up till this present hv been using tomee tipee. And we are very good with it. it absorbs really well.

Nursing bra: check Jumia. there are a lot of Nursing bra with nice design. you Wil love them.

Thanks ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Licious07(f): 10:28am On May 04, 2018
It is very normal o. My son’s hair started falling off at 4 months too. I was worried it was cradle cap. I just washed his hair with sebamed shampoo and applied coconut oil. The hair fell off and new ones grew. So it’s a phase that’ll pass. As for the pulling of his hair,maybe his scalp are itchy or heat. U could just barb his hair or ensure it’s properly moisturized till they all fall off.

HolySteph:
Good day mamas.. Quick questions.

Please is it normal for a baby (4months) to be loosing so much hair? Initially i thought its the johnson's baby oil i was applying on it that was making him lose the hair, i had to change the oil to appying ori(shea butter), but it didnt stop, then i changed to vaseline blue seal but he is still losing much hair. To make matter worse when he is so excited, his hands goes straight to his hair and he starts pulling them. I try my best to always take his hands off them and replace it with something else to play with. My baby is beginning to have almost a bald hair. My baby was born with so much hair and i mean so much . Hubby and I have full hair but i dont understand this one.

Please help me out. Is there something im not doing right. Thank you as i anticipate your candid answers.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chijiuche: 10:28am On May 04, 2018
Really I am just hearing this. I will inquire and give feedback

gabby18:
Special announcement for mamas that gave birth in January 2018 ...

Heard there is a new vaccine to be taken at 18weeks called meningitis vaccine... I was informed last week when I took my LO for his 14week immunization.

Kindly find out from your hospital.
For other mamas that have passed the 18week period I think u shld also find out as well.

Cc
chijiuche
Holysteph
Curvilicious
Beautifulrosa
Awesomemama

All Dec/Jan/Feb mums
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 10:36am On May 04, 2018
Thought to share.. family planning do have side effect for some they are lucky while some are not. What may react in lady A might not react in lady B...

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 10:39am On May 04, 2018
perfectcrown:

Mama i raise hands for you ma! You tried o! 3years and 18months!!!

Me wey wan wean my 2nd ds next month when he'll be 1year. I cant shout abeg!

lol...you sef don try
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 10:41am On May 04, 2018
queensnow:
Thought to share.. family planning do have side effect for some they are lucky while some are not. What may react in lady A might not react in lady B...

Everything in life has side effect

This story is a case of 1 in 5000

it's like saying you won't enter a car because of the many road accidents

Remember, life itself is a risk!

15 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 11:01am On May 04, 2018
Licious07:
It is very normal o. My son’s hair started falling off at 4 months too. I was worried it was cradle cap. I just washed his hair with sebamed shampoo and applied coconut oil. The hair fell off and new ones grew. So it’s a phase that’ll pass. As for the pulling of his hair,maybe his scalp are itchy or heat. U could just barb his hair or ensure it’s properly moisturized till they all fall off.

Cut the hair!.. Lol...That's my fear. Thank you. I think I'll manage the hair like that. I moisturize the hair enough with petroleum jelly but he just loves to pull the hair.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 11:26am On May 04, 2018
feddy27:

Everything in life has side effect

This story is a case of 1 in 5000

it's like saying you won't enter a car because of the many road accidents

Remember, life itself is a risk!
True!!!! God help us.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 11:32am On May 04, 2018
perfectcrown:

Oh my! Why did you remove it?
I almost wanted to remove mine too when i spotted for 4weeks! But i was given some pills which made it stopped...

Mine did not stop... spotted of and on since feb
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:33am On May 04, 2018
petroleum jelly is not a moisturizer please. It acts as a barrier so moisture won't even enter the hair and blocks the follicles from breathing. Coconut or olive oil are better options

HolySteph:

Cut the hair!.. Lol...That's my fear. Thank you. I think I'll manage the hair like that. I moisturize the hair enough with petroleum jelly but he just loves to pull the hair.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 11:59am On May 04, 2018
kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by greatp80(f): 12:05pm On May 04, 2018
portable4real:
@feddy..
He doesn't give any reason up till this moment. And he insist on no family planning. the only thing Is religious reason and I tried explaining to him but all was abortive.

Not in support of your DH Ideas.Pregnancy,child birth and raising children is much work not to talk of other plans involving your life.He need to understand that you cant continue to be pregnant every year,if not for anything but for your health.

Withdrawal is not a family planning in support of@feddy.Pls take d matter serious so dat he can reason with you.Life has no duplicate.

I saw myself in your shoes after d delivery of my baby but i stood my ground,I told my dh,I know that you love me but i love my self more.I will not make dat costly mistake again (unplanned pregnancy).I want to be alive to take care of my children.

Sorry for my ranting, just angry with some of the things women have to go tru in order to please our society.

11 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 1:16pm On May 04, 2018
hunniesuzie:
petroleum jelly is not a moisturizer please. It acts as a barrier so moisture won't even enter the hair and blocks the follicles from breathing. Coconut or olive oil are better options

Oh really! Jeez I'll go get one asap. Thank you so much.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by portable4real: 1:32pm On May 04, 2018
@greatp80
thanks very much...I don't just know y he is turning deaf ears.
I don't just want to make the costly mistake again.. coupled with me being a health practitioner, I suffered so much embarrassment from people on having preg so early then.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 2:28pm On May 04, 2018
Hello Mothers, you can order for your affordable home made PAP (100% natural with no preservatives).

We can make to your specifications.

Call to order on 08057125055(Whatsapp) or 08098125055.

It can be delivered at your doorsteps.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 2:30pm On May 04, 2018
portable4real:
@gre..atp80
I don't just want to make the costly mistake again.. coupled with me being a health practitioner, I suffered so much embarrassment from people on having preg so early then.

You have heard what he said..no arguments.. don't even say anything to him about it again

Go and help yourself without telling him! You are not inserting anything in his body, it's your body! So take charge!

You need to stay alive to take care of your kids o! taking care of 2 children under 2yrs is not a joke... I've been through it and I know what I'm saying

Should anything go wrong, you will be at the losing end!! Love yourself more and do what you know is best for you

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Licious07(f): 2:51pm On May 04, 2018
HolySteph:

Lol...Please use coconut oil instead.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 2:59pm On May 04, 2018
Bloomingbud:

Thanks my fellow twin mama I tried the syringe method yesterday and it was better however I think I should worry less cos when I checked their weight today at 12 weeks she weighed 5.5kg while her twin weighed 6kg meaning she is still adding weight even without food I just fear what will happen in crèche. Thanks to everybody that contributed

feddy27
zeezaa
mitch15
hunniesuzzie

Thank you.

Thank God her weight is OK, no worries then.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 4:19pm On May 04, 2018
Hunniesuzie, that pap with egg you talked about, can one still store it in the flask? Or must be taken immediately. I greet all mummies in the house o. Wehdone MAs
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Meeeeey: 4:28pm On May 04, 2018
feddy27:

Welcome on board new mummy smiley smiley

Don't worry about food quantity for a newborn... just feed on demand...leave measurement matter alone

Again, you need to understand that you are still getting a hang of breastfeeding! so don't expect express flow! The truth is breastfeeding is hard at the very beginning but once you master it, you are good to go!

For you to lactate well,
1. You need to put your mind at rest. stress reduces milk production
2. Eat well
3. Breast feed often, that will trigger the brain that more milk needs to be produced
4. Drink a lot of water! any time you are breast feeding, have a bottle of water next to you..as you are breastfeeding, you are drinking
5. Oats is also good to take

if all these fail, look for fenugreek or lactation cookies

Thanks Ma'am. Although I don't have appetite now, I will try to eat well.

Hope this phase passes soon.

Pls Mamas my baby poop is strong and seed like. It doesn't flow and poops only once a day.

Help a worried FTM

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 4:36pm On May 04, 2018
Meeeeey:

Thanks Ma'am. Although I don't have appetite now, I will try to eat well.

Hope this phase passes soon.

Pele dear.....just try and eat o...you need energy to take care of baby

For now, don't do any fitfam..eat anything you have appetite for...fruits, meatpie, sharwama, suya, barbeque fish, mama put rice, indomie and egg cheesy cheesy cheesy

you don't need to eat a lot at once. take small meals per time and eat at least 5 times a day...drink malt too..

I hope someone is at home helping you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 4:42pm On May 04, 2018
greatp80:

Not in support of your DH Ideas.Pregnancy,child birth and raising children is much work not to talk of other plans involving your life.He need to understand that you cant continue to be pregnant every year,if not for anything but for your health.

Withdrawal is not a family planning in support of@feddy.Pls take d matter serious so dat he can reason with you.Life has no duplicate.

I saw myself in your shoes after d delivery of my baby but i stood my ground,I told my dh,I know that you love me but i love my self more.I will not make dat costly mistake again (unplanned pregnancy).I want to be alive to take care of my children.

Sorry for my ranting, just angry with some of the things women have to go tru in order to please our society.

Women are really seeing something. Its very easy for men to reject family planning or to selfishly claim they can't use condom because they are the not the ones facing the pains of pregnancy or stress of childcare.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 4:48pm On May 04, 2018
portable4real:
please all Sabi mamas.. I need review on depo provera I.e the 3 months injectable mode of birth control..I don't want story that touches again.I have 19months old boy as well as a 1 month old boy. Hubby still insist on no family planning and I can't bear it anymore. the only method he wants is withdrawal no condom. The withdrawal he insisted on from the last time that when he approached me and I explained I was about starting my ovulation and he told me our them 11 months old baby was old enough to have baby.

ok withdrawal reach I beg oga, tried to push him away but he resisted.

now have been pleading now and no positive response again. I want to go for injectable since is d only one that can't be noticed..

I went through hell during those pregnancy and parenting period. had series of professional exams cos I married as a student. In fact just finished one exam when I delivered my second boy.on the first of April dis year prematurely..

I thank God I passed all at one sittings.
I have a year internship Prog plus nysc awaiting now and I don't want preg for now.

I want to know about the injection method from people that have used and still using it.
Sorry for any error, typing and breastfeeding.

My colleague at work got pregnant on it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Simplesoul05(m): 5:17pm On May 04, 2018
My daughter love this for her stage 2 food. Where can I get this here in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 5:22pm On May 04, 2018
portable4real:
@greatp.80
Shey na only greatp.80 answer you abi? Anyways, no wahala, I haff carried my busybody away

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1694) (1695) (1696) (1697) (1698) (1699) (1700) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.