Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1700) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4412458 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1697) (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) (1703) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 7:18am On May 06, 2018
nahzyla:

Women are really seeing something. Its very easy for men to reject family planning or to selfishly claim they can't use condom because they are the not the ones facing the pains of pregnancy or stress of childcare.

Asin ehnnn, you can say that again!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Simplesoul05(m): 8:42am On May 06, 2018
suremum:

Madam i am not in 9ja o. Where did you buy the ones she took before?

A friend help me to buy it abroad and my daughter loves it so much, now I’m looking for where to buy to stock them at home for her.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 9:59am On May 06, 2018
Sansa143:
We spent 5h grin
You are d only one communicating in my own language... Sis did you take both mmr, meningococcal, and chicken box for just 5h shocked

Abi is it only vit A?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 10:06am On May 06, 2018
Newmercies:
Good morning house, please sisters, my baby of 1 year & 2wks has been running high temperature for 5 days now btw 38.5 to 38.8.

I went to hospital for treatment , we ran Full blood count test the result came out normal and no Malaria parasite seen. He was given Arethemer(if i spelled it correctly ) injections for 3 days, paracetamol injection, Antibiotics, diclofenac suppository almost everyday with lots of cleaning with room temperature water. The temperature will subside for hours then rise again.His head is the most hottest part. Maldox to be taking this morning. As I am typing now he's still having temp. Of 38.3. Has anyone experienced this, and what shld I do again. Pls advice.
I pray for instant healing on your son, Amen.

Ma This simply means they are not treating him according to his ailment.

To bring down the temperature, I think you need baby ibuprofen.

Sha lemme tell you how I do mine, I go give him fever injection first from the hospital, am scared of high temperature. Then wen e don calm down other necessary treatments follows.

Hopes I helped?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:09am On May 06, 2018
The 1yr vac,guess is booster which cost 3h n meningitis which cost 2h.Wanted given us Vit A but na buy dat one and I alrdy have it at home.
Giddyperson:
lol what and what did he get. The health centres here only give Vit. A I think
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:12am On May 06, 2018
Dem no d give chicken pox again say it is no longer rampant like b4.Dont knw if mmr was included sha.But she give us d 1yr vac and den meningitis which cost 5h all.
SapphirePRINCEX:
You are d only one communicating in my own language... Sis did you take both mmr, meningococcal, and chicken box for just 5h shocked

Abi is it only vit A?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 10:26am On May 06, 2018
Sansa143:
Dem no d give chicken pox again say it is no longer rampant like b4.Dont knw if mmr was included sha.But she give us d 1yr vac and den meningitis which cost 5h all.
hmmmm lemme Sha start saving the money o while hoping it's 5h cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmercies: 10:30am On May 06, 2018
I forgot to add Ibuprofen. He is taking Ibuprofen too

SapphirePRINCEX posted =67322383:
I pray for instant healing on your son, Amen.

Ma This simply means they are not treating him according to his ailment.

To bring down the temperature, I think you need baby ibuprofen.

Sha lemme tell you how I do mine, I go give him fever injection first from the hospital, am scared of high temperature. Then wen e don calm down other necessary treatments follows.

Hopes I helped?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:55am On May 06, 2018
kiss
Sansa143:
The 1yr vac,guess is booster which cost 3h n meningitis which cost 2h.Wanted given us Vit A but na buy dat one and I alrdy have it at home.
There's chicken pox and stuff on our schedule and its there again for 13 months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 10:56am On May 06, 2018
Newmercies:

I dont know what to say again o...

Well sometimes, fever is the body's way of getting rid of harmful toxins. Unless you are sure you ain't dealing with professionals in that hospital, I will advice you watch it and make sure it doesnt go higher than 38° or demand for a fever injection or better still seek a 2nd opinion in another hospital

Make sure you give him fluid often for strength.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:03am On May 06, 2018
Newmercies:
Good morning house, please sisters, my baby of 1 year & 2wks has been running high temperature for 5 days now btw 38.5 to 38.8.

I went to hospital for treatment , we ran Full blood count test the result came out normal and no Malaria parasite seen. He was given Arethemer(if i spelled it correctly ) injections for 3 days, paracetamol injection, Antibiotics, diclofenac suppository almost everyday with lots of cleaning with room temperature water. The temperature will subside for hours then rise again.His head is the most hottest part. Maldox to be taking this morning. As I am typing now he's still having temp. Of 38.3. Has anyone experienced this, and what shld I do again. Pls advice.
Happened to me once when they said my baby's infection was very high. We got admitted and she ran temperature all tru our stay in the hospital. Even on our last night there I was still doing tepid baths in the middle of the night. Was even scared to get discharged but the temp stopped the day we went. it's normal for them to run temp all tru the course of treatment (for infection) but I think the hosp should tell you guys for sure what's wrong with the baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:17am On May 06, 2018
please when can I start using real toothbrush for my baby. she still has just 4 teeth but that finger brush isn't working
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:32am On May 06, 2018
Our nxt vac is 18mnths,measles booster they said.
Giddyperson:
kissThere's chicken pox and stuff on our schedule and its there again for 13 months.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 12:10pm On May 06, 2018
Newmercies:

First of all, remove all his clothes, close the window if the weather is cold. Pour lukewarm water on him to bring down the temp, allow it to dry on his body, place towel on his forehead. Please redo the test if possible in another place or allow him to be admitted to be monitored by a paed cos I don't understand why they're giving him artemether injection and the antibiotics if nothing was seen. Stop the diclofenac and use ibuprofen for children or para for children. Dunno why they gave him maldox.

Sorry dear, it'll soon pass.

JGracious:

Yes yes....I didnt ask for the price of that one sha.

Nawa oo, nothing is free again. To born go come dy fear pesin

SapphirePRINCEX:

Abi is it only vit A?

Mmr self na 7,500 and na twice self(mmr1 & 2), chickenpox I paid 12k and meningococcal 10k. Vit A is free. Shebi if I pay this one finish I go still pay for the one inside belle. Hubby just dy shout nawa oo since.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 12:12pm On May 06, 2018
Giddyperson:
please when can I start using real toothbrush for my baby. she still has just 4 teeth but that finger brush isn't working

Started at 15m
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 12:13pm On May 06, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
Please what is HMO and how can one qualify to use it?
It's called Health Maintenance Organizations(HMO), it's a group insurance that entitles members to services of participating hospitals and clinics.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 12:15pm On May 06, 2018
Newmercies:

Please don't give diclofenac and ibuprofen together. They're both analgesic
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 12:17pm On May 06, 2018
Giddyperson:
What's wire wire biko
Thought you're on fp
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettmum(f): 1:01pm On May 06, 2018
Giddyperson:
Happened to me once when they said my baby's infection was very high. We got admitted and she ran temperature all tru our stay in the hospital. Even on our last night there I was still doing tepid baths in the middle of the night. Was even scared to get discharged but the temp stopped the day we went. it's normal for them to run temp all tru the course of treatment (for infection) but I think the hosp should tell you guys for sure what's wrong with the baby
yes you are right my sweet guy former cappo. it happened to my son too but we later found out he had tonsillitis.
Congrsts on your new status, joining you soon. kisses to princess Giddy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmercies: 1:12pm On May 06, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
I dont know what to say again o...

Well sometimes, fever is the body's way of getting rid of harmful toxins. Unless you are sure you ain't dealing with professionals in that hospital, I will advice you watch it and make sure it doesnt go higher than 38° or demand for a fever injection or better still seek a 2nd opinion in another hospital

Make sure you give him fluid often for strength.

ok. Thanks dear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmercies: 1:22pm On May 06, 2018
Thanks for your responses and suggestions noted @ SapphirePrince , Giddyperson, FloraEC, and Prettmum.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 2:08pm On May 06, 2018
I'm sorry to bring this here as it not about babies but in at my wits end and I'm about to be sent packing out of my house by rats! Are there any drugs/leaves/anything that acts as a rat repeller? Please help me with suggestions o. I have tried gums and powder but the respite is only for about one week and they are back. We have plugged all holes imaginable. This is getting unbearable. Just got back from church now and saw rat droppings on my cooker. How can I eliminate thilese things permanently? @queensnow is there any agbo that has the power to do this? Make una help me with suggestions abeg. Thank you. Good afternoon and happy sunday to you all.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:33pm On May 06, 2018
Giddyperson:

I started using before he clocked a year. I bought the toothbrush labeled 0-1 year.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Flakky26(f): 3:22pm On May 06, 2018
request for a trained and pleasant domestic help . click www.naamanmaid.webs.com ,

....we will give you a domestic maid like another family member

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 3:29pm On May 06, 2018
HolySteph:

It's called Health Maintenance Organizations(HMO), it's a group insurance that entitles members to services of participating hospitals and clinics.
Is it open to only salary earners?

Thanks for replying me kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by divie: 3:45pm On May 06, 2018
Newmercies:

Had the same issue 2 weeks ago and were on admission but nothing they did seem to bring down his temp (9 months old),instead it kept raising upto 39.2. I noticed the hospital windows were always shut, no fresh air,just AC and Fan circulating the same air upandan. A Dr friend advised me to get calpol, and I gave him 5mls when we got home, that was it! His temp has been very normal since last week Saturday. You should check with your pead if it's ok to give baby. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 4:17pm On May 06, 2018
spiceeamiee:
I'm sorry to bring this here as it not about babies but in at my wits end and I'm about to be sent packing out of my house by rats! Are there any drugs/leaves/anything that acts as a rat repeller? Please help me with suggestions o. I have tried gums and powder but the respite is only for about one week and they are back. We have plugged all holes imaginable. This is getting unbearable. Just got back from church now and saw rat droppings on my cooker. How can I eliminate thilese things permanently? @queensnow is there any agbo that has the power to do this? Make una help me with suggestions abeg. Thank you. Good afternoon and happy sunday to you all.
Lmao @agbo to expel rats grin grin

If you can fumigate your house and immediate environment, you'd breathe well for a couple of months while praying they don't ever return
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mbliz(f): 4:19pm On May 06, 2018
Good day mamas I trust we are having a good weekend? My son turned 6months few days back so I started his Solids with Cerelac but I noticed he didn't like it as much as he likes Pap. While I was taking the usual Adult Quaker Oats this morning I gave him a bit of it and to my greatest surprise, he drank off everything boom and longed for more. Please is it okay to feed him the Adult Quaker oats at 6 months plus?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 4:34pm On May 06, 2018
JGracious:

#25,500 for meningococcal, mmr and chickenpox vaccines.

Jesu you mean I'll spend 51000 when my children are one! Hehehe
It is surely well with us.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 06, 2018
Yes dear! Use his formula not adult milk and don't add sugar.
Mbliz:
Good day mamas I trust we are having a good weekend? My son turned 6months few days back so I started his Solids with Cerelac but I noticed he didn't like it as much as he likes Pap. While I was taking the usual Adult Quaker Oats this morning I gave him a bit of it and to my greatest surprise, he drank off everything boom and longed for more Please is it okay to feed him the Adult Quaker oats at 6 months plus?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 4:45pm On May 06, 2018
Mbliz:
Good day mamas I trust we are having a good weekend? My son turned 6months few days back so I started his Solids with Cerelac but I noticed he didn't like it as much as he likes Pap. While I was taking the usual Adult Quaker Oats this morning I gave him a bit of it and to my greatest surprise, he drank off everything boom and longed for more. Please is it okay to feed him the Adult Quaker oats at 6 months plus?

I read from this thread that you can blend the oats into powder form, make it for him and add formula then you are good too go.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 4:45pm On May 06, 2018
Mbliz:
Yes as long as it doesn't contain adult milk and sugar

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1697) (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) (1703) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.