Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,017 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1701) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4394717 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) (1703) (1704) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 5:08pm On May 06, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
hmmmm lemme Sha start saving the money o while hoping it's 5h cheesy

You will have to visit sansa143 to get the meningitis for 5h. In this lagos, the only vaccine you get for 1yr at PHCs is vit A and its free.
All others you get in a private hospital.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 5:16pm On May 06, 2018
Mbliz:
Good day mamas I trust we are having a good weekend? My son turned 6months few days back so I started his Solids with Cerelac but I noticed he didn't like it as much as he likes Pap. While I was taking the usual Adult Quaker Oats this morning I gave him a bit of it and to my greatest surprise, he drank off everything boom and longed for more. Please is it okay to feed him the Adult Quaker oats at 6 months plus?

Yes it is ok. Watch out though cos oats is fibre and it will help to give free bowel movement.
In that wise, i will advise you dont give him everyday
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 5:21pm On May 06, 2018
Giddyperson:
please when can I start using real toothbrush for my baby. she still has just 4 teeth but that finger brush isn't working

There are toothbrushes for age 0-2. I use the Colgate brand. you can start with that but plenty drama comes with brushing. My ds swallows the water meant for rinsing his mouth after brushing sef.
So be prepared.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 5:22pm On May 06, 2018
So not funny sis. We are looking at that as the last resort but it means we would need to leave the house for a few days and we have to plan towards it so now I'm looking for something short term that works

Anugod:
Lmao @agbo to expel rats grin grin

If you can fumigate your house and immediate environment, you'd breathe well for a couple of months while praying they don't ever return
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 5:27pm On May 06, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
Is it open to only salary earners?

Thanks for replying me kiss
Yes that I know of.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 5:29pm On May 06, 2018
FloraEC:

Nawa oo, nothing is free again. To born go come dy fear pesin

Same thing my mum says...lol
She keeps saying na money we children of nowadays dey born.
May God continue to enrich our pockets,bags and bank accounts. Amen
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 5:30pm On May 06, 2018
Hi mamas una good evening o, pls I want to know if dis normal, I was helping a friend of mine and also a church member change her son diaper today, and I noticed d boy who is just 7+ months has peach fuzz(light, fine and not noticeable hair)in his pubic area d mother said she too just saw it yesterday and read it's normal...Just wanna ask as I never see something like that before..

Cc
Zaynie
Lifted hands
Nimi22
Tatacherie
JGracious
and all mamas I couldn't mention
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 5:33pm On May 06, 2018
spiceeamiee:
I'm sorry to bring this here as it not about babies but in at my wits end and I'm about to be sent packing out of my house by rats! Are there any drugs/leaves/anything that acts as a rat repeller? Please help me with suggestions o. I have tried gums and powder but the respite is only for about one week and they are back. We have plugged all holes imaginable. This is getting unbearable. Just got back from church now and saw rat droppings on my cooker. How can I eliminate thilese things permanently? @queensnow is there any agbo that has the power to do this? Make una help me with suggestions abeg. Thank you. Good afternoon and happy sunday to you all.

Dustbins in your area is likely the major culprit. Ask your neighbours how they combat rat invasion.
Their suggestions could be of help too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 5:36pm On May 06, 2018
Bloomingbud:

Jesu you mean I'll spend 51000 when my children are one! Hehehe
It is surely well with us.

God is more than able to make provision needed. Don't be afraid o...you can start saving small small. It is well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 5:42pm On May 06, 2018
JGracious:

Same thing my mum says...lol She keeps saying na money we children of nowadays dey born. May God continue to enrich our pockets,bags and bank accounts. Amen
Amen dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 5:44pm On May 06, 2018
Pweetiebabe:
Hi mamas una good evening o, pls I want to know if dis normal, I was helping a friend of mine and also a church member change his son diaper today, and I noticed d boy who is just 7+ months has peach fuzz(light, fine and not noticeable)in his pubic area d mother said she too just saw it yesterday and read it's normal...Just wanna ask as I never see something like..

Cc
Zay.nie
Lift.ed han.ds
Nim.i22
Tatac.herie
JGrac.ious

I haven't seen anything like that before.
The mother can discuss her concerns with a doc to allay her fears if she has any.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 5:53pm On May 06, 2018
spiceeamiee:
So not funny sis. We are looking at that as the last resort but it means we would need to leave the house for a few days and we have to plan towards it so now I'm looking for something short term that works

I don't know about a few days o, but the last time we fumigated our house, we only left for a few hours, 3-5 hours max. Don't know if there're different types that'll make you stay away for longer

Or buy cat na tongue cheesy grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 6:16pm On May 06, 2018
JGracious:

You will have to visit sansa143 to get the meningitis for 5h. In this lagos, the only vaccine you get for 1yr at PHCs is vit A and its free.
Before I go to Zaria to visit, I go don use the expected money pay transport cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chirolechick: 6:28pm On May 06, 2018
Mamas please someone suggested I give my 4months old frisogold rice cereal but on the tin its written 6months, is it appropriate for a 4month old?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:39pm On May 06, 2018
JGracious:

There are toothbrushes for age 0-2. I use the Colgate brand. you can start with that but plenty drama comes with brushing. My ds swallows the water meant for rinsing his mouth after brushing sef.
So be prepared.
k thanks

thanks Jazzyjazz
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lightedpath(f): 7:10pm On May 06, 2018
spiceeamiee:

My mum mentioned a rat killer she used. Its called 'push out' or something of sort (its imported). She mixed with grinded groundnut and placed in places around. You can use any other food with inviting smell. She said it worked effectively
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 7:10pm On May 06, 2018
Bloomingbud:

Jesu you mean I'll spend 51000 when my children are one! Hehehe
It is surely well with us.
my brother who has triplets nko? grin grin omo the many things I fear about multiple births no be small o! School fees times 3?

Abeg I no want.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 7:12pm On May 06, 2018
spiceeamiee:

Get a Tom and watch all Jerry flee cool

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lightedpath(f): 7:12pm On May 06, 2018
Chirolechick:
Mamas please someone suggested I give my 4months old frisogold rice cereal but on the tin its written 6months, is it appropriate for a 4month old?
As written on the tin, NO. Gerber has cereals for 4 months you can use that.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chirolechick: 7:27pm On May 06, 2018
Thanks mama

lightedpath:
As written on the tin, NO. Gerber has cereals for 4 months you can use that.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Meeeeey: 7:31pm On May 06, 2018
feddy27:

If he's on formula, you need to increase his water intake. Also you take a lot of fruits and vegetables, it will aid his bowel movement

Thank you for your response.

I will do as advised

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 7:41pm On May 06, 2018
spiceeamiee:
I'm sorry to bring this here as it not about babies but in at my wits end and I'm about to be sent packing out of my house by rats! Are there any drugs/leaves/anything that acts as a rat repeller? Please help me with suggestions o. I have tried gums and powder but the respite is only for about one week and they are back. We have plugged all holes imaginable. This is getting unbearable. Just got back from church now and saw rat droppings on my cooker. How can I eliminate thilese things permanently? @queensnow is there any agbo that has the power to do this? Make una help me with suggestions abeg. Thank you. Good afternoon and happy sunday to you all.
None that I know of
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 8:33pm On May 06, 2018
Pweetiebabe:
Hi mamas una good evening o, pls I want to know if dis normal, I was helping a friend of mine and also a church member change her son diaper today, and I noticed d boy who is just 7+ months has peach fuzz(light, fine and not noticeable hair)in his pubic area d mother said she too just saw it yesterday and read it's normal...Just wanna ask as I never see something like that before..

Cc
ZaZa ynie
Lifted hands
Nimi2 2
TatacTatac herie
JGraciouJGraciou s
Haven't seen such but could be the child is light skinned and hairy?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettmum(f): 8:52pm On May 06, 2018
Sansa143:
1. Dharyor1234--------------------------------- Team XY EDD 20 April.
2. Mydreams25--------------------------------- Team XY, EDD 12 April
3. Giddyperson----------------------------------Team XX, EDD 10 April
4. Prettmum------------------------------------ Team XY, EDD 16 April
5. Ahnie---------------------------------------- -Team XY EDD 30 April
6. Gr8fulheart-----------------------------------Team XY EDD 26 April
7. Unic1------------------------------------------Offloaded, Handsome Prince. Ported to March 29
8. Folamee---------------------------------------Team XX EDD 11 April
9.Sweetestmum--------------------------------Team ?? EDD ?? April
10.Olukunle5--------------------------------------Team Surprise EDD
11.Abiagirl777-----------------------------------Team ?? EDD 28 April
12.Tutucious-------------------------------------Team XY EDD
13. Ijeoma2728-----------------------------------Offloaded April 2nd. Handsome Prince
14. Kloness----------------------------------------Team XX EDD 17 April
15.Sansa143-------------------------------------Team XY EDD 13
16.Titony1 ----------------------------------------Team ?? EDD 20 April.
17.Myrygurl --------------------------------------Team XX EDD 28 April
18.Mzezkay---------------------------------------Team ?? EDD ?? April
19. Roselok---------------------------------------Team XY EDD 03 April
20. Sholai-----------------------------------------Team XY EDD 24 April
21. poshestmina---------------------------------- team ?? EDD 26th April
22. Nicoleswizzi------------------------------------Team XX EDD 13th April
23. Fattamyfattamy...............................:::::::::::::::: Team ?? EDD ??
24. Finepatty..............................XY EDD 27
25. Afollyshade....................................

Oya,team april,ansa present oh plus photo shot,party pack n cake grin.
Giddyperson,i don help out.
just seeing this my sexy teamy . how is Jayboy?

Dubem @1...
cc liftedhands
Giddybaby
sansa143
Blesseddiva
and all pretty mamas

23 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nneejima(f): 9:10pm On May 06, 2018
spiceeamiee:

Try commando, tested and trusted. Just 100 naira

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 9:15pm On May 06, 2018
Liftedhands:
Haven't seen such but could be the child is light skinned and hairy?
Yes ma'am d child is very hairy and light and d funniest tin is u won't even notice until u look am well so I no know wetin my eyes dey find o

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:31pm On May 06, 2018
Giddyperson:

k thanks

thanks Jazzyjazz

For kids her age, use toothpaste specified for her age group.
I use Colgate toothpaste and oral b toothbrush for kids

Also you're too use pea size of the toothpaste to brush her teeth
My son will always open his mouth the moment he sees you when his brush. Then he will lick the toothpaste off before he will settle down for you to brush his teeth properly
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 06, 2018
JGracious:

You will have to visit sansa1.43 to get the meningitis for 5h. In this lagos, the only vaccine you get for 1yr at PHCs is vit A and its free.
Lol at visit me.Down here things are subsidised or free esp vac so parents can take.Dont knw why sum northerns don't like vaccinating there children.Them they try sef.The go house to house and beg dem sef b4 d will gree.Some will tell u food is deir prob not vac.Thats how bad it is hence d reason why it is cheap.All vac we have bin taking na 1h we dey pay.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 06, 2018
prettmum:
just seeing this my sexy teamy . how is Jayboy?

Dubem @1...
cc liftedha.nds
Giddybaby
sansa14am3
Blesseda.diva
and all pretty mamas
Hapi bday dear Dubem.May the Lord bless and keep you.Jay is fine just that he is more the a day job.I don tire to d shout.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 10:53pm On May 06, 2018
spiceeamiee:
Boil titus fish and mix with indocid ( abi how them dey spell am) and put in all corners of the house. Make sure you dont have food in your dustbin that they can eat and also make sure there is no food any where they can eat. Even if it takes a week they will surely eat when there is nothing else to eat. They will all die. My sis did this when she had rat issue and there was no one left.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 11:09pm On May 06, 2018
Pweetiebabe:

Cc
Zaynie
Lifted hands
Nimi22
Tatacherie
JGracious
It's normal.. babies born earlier comes with it but it sheds off on it's own before a year.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 11:12pm On May 06, 2018
Pweetiebabe:
Yes ma'am d child is very hairy and light and d funniest tin is u won't even notice until u look am well so I no know wetin my eyes dey find o
Lolz at wetin carry your eyes go there cheesy I guess it's nothing to worry about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) (1703) (1704) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.