Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,817 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1702) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4394112 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) (1703) (1704) (1705) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lady25(f): 11:14pm On May 06, 2018
Naomi14:
Yes dear! Use his formula not adult milk and don't add sugar.
Pls I usually add sugar to my baby's pap. He's 4 months .is it ok?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 11:23pm On May 06, 2018
lady25:

Stop adding sugar to babies food. You can use age appropriate milk or fruits to sweeten there food.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 4:44am On May 07, 2018
Onegai:
Hello guys. Sequel to this post explaining why you shouldn't let your toddler spend a long time in front of their tablet or tv

http://nefescorner..com.ng/2018/04/tablets-television-and-nigerian-toddler.html?m=1

We came up with DIY affordable learning tools you can easily create at home and your child can learn with, here:

http://nefescorner..com.ng/2018/05/5-awesome-affordable-diy-learning-play.html?m=1

Please read and enjoy smiley
Nice one
Weldone Ma

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:18am On May 07, 2018
jazzyjazz:

For kids her age, use toothpaste specified for her age group.
I use Colgate toothpaste and oral b toothbrush for kids

Also you're too use pea size of the toothpaste to brush her teeth
My son will always open his mouth the moment he sees you when his brush. Then he will lick the toothpaste off before he will settle down for you to brush his teeth properly
Thanks, i already use Colgate toothpaste with the finger brush, just needed a change of brush
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 6:43am On May 07, 2018
suremum:

Boil titus fish and mix with indocid ( abi how them dey spell am) and put in all corners of the house. Make sure you dont have food in your dustbin that they can eat and also make sure there is no food any where they can eat. Even if it takes a week they will surely eat when there is nothing else to eat. They will all die. My sis did this when she had rat issue and there was no one left.
Lol. Indocid. cheesy My sister, rats have upgraded o. Rats these days perceive when there's poison in food and would not go near it o, except the ones wey never sabi life grin

Indocid and other killer Meds became so popular that rats in my house back then would never go near it, na just waste of time. Mostly it was the rat gum that worked for me before fake ones entered market. Rats would then enter inside the gum and sashay out grin grin
Finally we fumigated and had rest of mind, even with mosquitoes and other rodents.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by curvilicious: 7:18am On May 07, 2018
gabby18:
Special announcement for mamas that gave birth in January 2018 ...

Heard there is a new vaccine to be taken at 18weeks called meningitis vaccine... I was informed last week when I took my LO for his 14week immunization.

Kindly find out from your hospital.
For other mamas that have passed the 18week period I think u shld also find out as well.

All Dec/Jan/Feb mums

I've not heard of this but will find out and confirm it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by curvilicious: 7:37am On May 07, 2018
spiceeamiee:
I'm sorry to bring this here as it not about babies but in at my wits end and I'm about to be sent packing out of my house by rats! Are there any drugs/leaves/anything that acts as a rat repeller? Please help me with suggestions o. I have tried gums and powder but the respite is only for about one week and they are back. We have plugged all holes imaginable. This is getting unbearable. Just got back from church now and saw rat droppings on my cooker. How can I eliminate thilese things permanently? @queensnow is there any agbo that has the power to do this? Make una help me with suggestions abeg. Thank you. Good afternoon and happy sunday to you all.

What you should do is to set whatever you used that worked every two weeks like three times.
That was how rats almost drove us from our house until dh bought one rat poison in red sachet which we used and found soooooo many dead rats after like two weeks we used it again. In another two weeks used it again and since then one chine rat no dey our hass again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 8:54am On May 07, 2018
Pweetiebabe:
Hi mamas una good evening o, pls I want to know if dis normal, I was helping a friend of mine and also a church member change her son diaper today, and I noticed d boy who is just 7+ months has peach fuzz(light, fine and not noticeable hair)in his pubic area d mother said she too just saw it yesterday and read it's normal...Just wanna ask as I never see something like that before..

Cc
Zaynie
Lifted hands
Nimi22
Tatacherie
JGracious
and all mamas I couldn't mention

Its normal. Especially for hairy kids.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:56am On May 07, 2018
If there's no malaria and FBC is clear why are they giving him antibiotics & Malaria meds? Please go and run another test

it is well with your baby

Newmercies:
Good morning house, please sisters, my baby of 1 year & 2wks has been running high temperature for 5 days now btw 38.5 to 38.8.

I went to hospital for treatment , we ran Full blood count test the result came out normal and no Malaria parasite seen. He was given Arethemer(if i spelled it correctly ) injections for 3 days, paracetamol injection, Antibiotics, diclofenac suppository almost everyday with lots of cleaning with room temperature water. The temperature will subside for hours then rise again.His head is the most hottest part. Maldox to be taking this morning. As I am typing now he's still having temp. Of 38.3. Has anyone experienced this, and what shld I do again. Pls advice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 9:11am On May 07, 2018
zaynie:

When my baby was born, her hair poured out to her forehead reach her eye brows shocked shocked I con dey fear say which kind hairy pikin I born so? shocked She had hairs on her shoulders and sides of her face. shocked Chimoo! How can a girl take her papas hair like this? shocked shocked Fast forward to a month later and all the hairs are barely noticeable (I feel she'd still be hairy when she grows sha). I think I've also noticed some faint hair around her pubic region, but it didn't bother me cos I have a hairy baby like the hairy man I married angry grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:03am On May 07, 2018
No. Don't give a 4 month old cereal that is not labelled for 4 months

Chirolechick:
Mamas please someone suggested I give my 4months old frisogold rice cereal but on the tin its written 6months, is it appropriate for a 4month old?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:05am On May 07, 2018
No ma. You can make date paste but even that is unnecessary. Formula is enough to sweeten it

lady25:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 10:34am On May 07, 2018
zaynie:

Tanx IYA ibeji, was just surprise ni o and since d mama said she never noticed it before, though we went through Google and read its Normal since its not curly and thick Like adults own
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:52am On May 07, 2018
suremum:

Boil titus fish and mix with indocid ( abi how them dey spell am) and put in all corners of the house. Make sure you dont have food in your dustbin that they can eat and also make sure there is no food any where they can eat. Even if it takes a week they will surely eat when there is nothing else to eat. They will all die. My sis did this when she had rat issue and there was no one left.

spiceeaimee

if u r adopting this method, pls b careful cos of ur baby.
I assume she is mobile now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 11:11am On May 07, 2018
Pls mamas what's the difference between SMA Pro and SMA gold. Am about to introduce formula to my 8 weeks old DS.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:11am On May 07, 2018
Anugod:
When my baby was born, her hair poured out to her forehead reach her eye brows shocked shocked I con dey fear say which kind hairy pikin I born so? shocked She had hairs on her shoulders and sides of her face. shocked Chimoo! How can a girl take her papas hair like this? shocked shocked Fast forward to a month later and all the hairs are barely noticeable (I feel she'd still be hairy when she grows sha). I think I've also noticed some faint hair around her pubic region, but it didn't bother me cos I have a hairy baby like the hairy man I married angry grin

Lol
I've seen a baby with hair all over the back.
I'm like....take it easy, dem no dey sell hair here on earth o

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 11:12am On May 07, 2018
Good morning mamas
Please I have a situation at hand. My friend's son has this rash on his body and nothing seems to be working.. Even the Dr dunno whatsup with it.. Hibiscus flower didn't work either.. Please any idea is welcomed

Cc all mamas

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmercies: 11:26am On May 07, 2018
Thanks for your contributions @ divie and hunniesuzie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PraisesG(f): 12:09pm On May 07, 2018
kelizosuy:
Good morning mamas
Please I have a situation at hand. My friend's son has this rash on his body and nothing seems to be working.. Even the Dr dunno whatsup with it.. Hibiscus flower didn't work either.. Please any idea is welcomed

Cc all mamas
Is it also on the legs, if yes could be viral.
Or all over.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:25pm On May 07, 2018
Ah, cc queensnow, she may know how to help

Me I have never seen this one before

kelizosuy:
Good morning mamas

Cc all mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 12:35pm On May 07, 2018
Anugod:
Lol. Indocid. cheesy My sister, rats have upgraded o. Rats these days perceive when there's poison in food and would not go near it o, except the ones wey never sabi life grin

Indocid and other killer Meds became so popular that rats in my house back then would never go near it, na just waste of time. Mostly it was the rat gum that worked for me before fake ones entered market. Rats would then enter inside the gum and sashay out grin grin
Finally we fumigated and had rest of mind, even with mosquitoes and other rodents.
rats then in Madonna, will close your rat gum for you or beta still drag it to your bed side when you wake up in the morning na em you go first mash grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mahoti(f): 1:40pm On May 07, 2018
So my teamie wey don go mountain cos dem dey jealous say I still dey rock my hoohaa well done cos your prayers have been ansad ooh AF don show face undecided
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 2:18pm On May 07, 2018
Anugod:

Lol@ rats have upgraded. That was why i said she should make sure there is no food elsewer. The rats in my sis house did not eat until somedays later when there was no where to find food so they ended up eating it. Ever since then, the house has been rat free.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 2:22pm On May 07, 2018
enque:

spiceeaimee

You are right o. I did not even think of that. Choi! Spiceeaimee take note oo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 2:33pm On May 07, 2018
I throw out my trash every evening because of this yet, they are still there. cry

JGracious:

Dustbins in your area is likely the major culprit. Ask your neighbours how they combat rat invasion.
Their suggestions could be of help too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 2:35pm On May 07, 2018
Thanks sis. If I put it on rat gum will they perceive it and eat cos the only thing worse than rats in the house are dead smelly rats that you can't find

suremum:

You are right o. I did not even think of that. Choi! Spiceeaimee take note oo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 2:36pm On May 07, 2018
Yes she is. Sigh. What can I do now?

enque:

spiceeaimee

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 2:38pm On May 07, 2018
It's different types of rat poison na. If I buy one and it works, if I use it again after one week they would ignore it so I have to look for another rat poison again. Do you know the name of the one your DH bought?

curvilicious:

What you should do is to set whatever you used that worked every two weeks like three times.
That was how rats almost drove us from our house until dh bought one rat poison in red sachet which we used and found soooooo many dead rats after like two weeks we used it again. In another two weeks used it again and since then one chine rat no dey our hass again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 2:43pm On May 07, 2018
Can you ask her where it can be purchased in Lagos? Thank you.

lightedpath:
My mum mentioned a rat killer she used. Its called 'push out' or something of sort (its imported). She mixed with grinded groundnut and placed in places around. You can use any other food with inviting smell. She said it worked effectively
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmercies: 2:47pm On May 07, 2018
please house, we were given Immunization certificate after 9 months of immunization and i thought its over. i just saw where some people mentioned Vaccine for one year, i hope its not late for my baby who is 1year , 2weeks?, please whats the name of the vaccine to be administered at 1 year and any other ones to take after that? and at what age?.

Chai , it seems i dont know anything oooooooo grin grin grin grin grin

CC
queensnow
Zaynie
giddyperson
JGracious

and other sabi mamas i didnt mention
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by portable4real: 3:12pm On May 07, 2018
FexCathy:
Pls mamas what's the difference between SMA Pro and SMA gold. Am about to introduce formula to my 8 weeks old DS.

I don't really understand. my sister told me one is imported I.e pro and the other is Nigeria. she uses the two for her boy. good first before she discovered pro.
she claimed prI is better than gold by far. there money diff is also there. but when I tasted it I could not actually figure out the taste diff
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Afollyshade(f): 3:17pm On May 07, 2018
To the glory of God and thanks to all the mamas here, My daughter clocked one on the 1st of May.

35 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) (1703) (1704) (1705) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: jjaney and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.