Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4405297 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:58am On Apr 04, 2015
MiracleMum:
My daughter has not poo pooed for 3 days now. She's struggling and trying hard to bring it out but it's not coming. Aside inserting soap in her anus, what else can I do please?
Place her on fruit fast...dat is make her eat lots if fruits especially oranges and bananas. Stop carbohydrates for now.

And then does she drink enough water? If not, give her lots of water alongside the fruits....hope this helps. Subsequently let her drink enough water with meals.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 7:31am On Apr 04, 2015
MsPat:

Place her on fruit fast...dat is make her eat lots if fruits especially oranges and bananas. Stop carbohydrates for now.

And then does she drink enough water? If not, give her lots of water alongside the fruits....hope this helps. Subsequently let her drink enough water with meals.

Thanks a lot. But she is 6 weeks old, is it advisable to give fruits? She's on EBF
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 8:21am On Apr 04, 2015
She is six weeks right. You might wanna change your diet. Eat lots of fruit and let's see how it goes. You can also try "hot" water massage. Use your elbow to check the temprature if its too hot for ur elbow then its too hot for baby.
MiracleMum:
My daughter has not poo pooed for 3 days now. She's struggling and trying hard to bring it out but it's not coming. Aside inserting soap in her anus, what else can I do please?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 10:01am On Apr 04, 2015
MiracleMum:

If she is on exclusive, then you need to watch your diet. Take more fruits, vegetables and proteinous foods.

The bicycle excercise also works for me.

Lie her on her back, then lift both legs up and move both legs in a cyclical manner like she is riding a bicycle.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 10:28am On Apr 04, 2015
esteria:
Pls is there anybody here, or if u know any1 who who has used nd is still using children hosp on 4th Avenue, festac town?
I want to register my lo nd will like to know how good they are.
Tnx all for ur responses as usual.

Someone that uses their branch at Ijesha area said the hospital is good. Though I also learnt the mother and child hospital at first gate is good too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 10:31am On Apr 04, 2015
rezzy:
Hi mamas,

My baby has refused to take pap o even when I add many spoons of milk. Some one said I should add honey to his pap. Is that safe for him? . His is 4mths 2 weeks.

I planned buying cerelac for him today. I pray he does not reject it.

Can a 4month old baby take Cerelac? I'm currently giving my baby Heinz cereal for 4+ months. I've always thought cerelac and co are for 6 months old and above.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 04, 2015
ladyverere:
I am a single too to an adorable 5 month old princess. I thank God I didn't bow to the pressure of having an abortion. That said, I started my little girl on pap aka akamu @ age 2 months (I mixed guinea corn and yellow corn) with milk depending on how many oz in the feeder and she did very well with it. I used Nan. Will start mashed local food when she is 6 months old. She already has her first two teeth.

Feeding pap to a 2 month old? Hian!

God truly watches over the little ones!!!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 04, 2015
MiracleMum:

Thanks a lot. But she is 6 weeks old, is it advisable to give fruits? She's on EBF

Bicycle kicks works for me. Try it as lovinam described
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 11:37am On Apr 04, 2015
Hello dear cerelac is for 6months and it's stated on d container. There r some that's suitable from 7months, 8months etc so pls check first. Some pple give b4 6months but I 'd rather follow d instructions

NoQualms1:

Can a 4month old baby take Cerelac? I'm currently giving my baby Heinz cereal for 4+ months. I've always thought cerelac and co are for 6 months old and above.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 1:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
NoQualms1:

I thought so too, but didn't see from 4 months. how much for that one?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 1:26pm On Apr 04, 2015
Nita2013:
Hello dear cerelac is for 6months and it's stated on d container. There r some that's suitable from 7months, 8months etc so pls check first. Some pple give b4 6months but I 'd rather follow d instructions

Yes, I didn't know too. I sent dh to help me buy it, he bought from 6 months, I was very angry with him that he doesn't know how to buy something. Now, don't even know how to tell him that cerelac doesn't have from 4 months.

May be I should just wait till he is 6months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
Greetings mom, pls I nid clarificatn. I use cow and gate cereals for my 5monthd baby along with nan. My baby hates d nan, but manages d cereal.
Wat oda milk cn I use?
Secondly the poo is kind of greenish, watery and a bit slimy, up to 3tyms a day. Pls is it an alergy from d nan or d cereals or is it teething. I'm confused oo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esteria(f): 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
Alright, tnx a million!

NoQualms1:

Someone that uses their branch at Ijesha area said the hospital is good. Though I also learnt the mother and child hospital at first gate is good too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
@Kimoni, Lovinam and bossladymo thank you kindly. I will work on my diet, am already doing the bicycle kicks for her and also giving her the warm bath.Thanks again, am grateful.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 5:08pm On Apr 04, 2015
Lol I can imagine ur dh look Hahahahaha. Pls just wait till 6months. I gave my son cereals suitable for 4months old and included cerelac after he turned 6months.

rezzy:

Yes, I didn't know too. I sent dh to help me buy it, he bought from 6 months, I was very angry with him that he doesn't know how to buy something. Now, don't even know how to tell him that cerelac doesn't have from 4 months.

May be I should just wait till he is 6months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 5:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
U can try SMA or SMA gold if he is not takin d NAN.
My son's poop has been greenish and seedy but not watery though. But he poops like twice or thrice a day. His poop changed to green since I started supplementing. I even took him to see a paediatrician who saw d poop and said it's perfectly normal.

I think u should look at d poop closely to see if it's seedy as well cos seedy poop is associated with teething. While greenish poop is associated with d iron content in d milk.

quote author=Gr8fulHeart post=32345600]Greetings mom, pls I nid clarificatn. I use cow and gate cereals for my 5monthd baby along with nan. My baby hates d nan, but manages d cereal.
Wat oda milk cn I use?
Secondly the poo is kind of greenish, watery and a bit slimy, up to 3tyms a day. Pls is it an alergy from d nan or d cereals or is it teething. I'm confused oo[/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 5:21pm On Apr 04, 2015
Nita thnks. Chop kiss
Yea d green poop has seeds lik melon. I'll try d sma gold or sma. Thnks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 7:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
NoQualms1:

Hi, pls how much is d Heinz cereal and is formula added 2 eat b4 giving 2 baby?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 7:21pm On Apr 04, 2015
Then u av nothing to worry about dear. kiss

Gr8fulHeart:
Nita thnks. Chop kiss
Yea d green poop has seeds lik melon. I'll try d sma gold or sma. Thnks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 7:25pm On Apr 04, 2015
Its between 800-1000 naira. As regards the milk, u ll av to check the direction on the pack because some requires milk while some do no require milk but just water

MumZ:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 8:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
Pls next time don't feed aa 2months old baby pap. I'm glad you decided to have your baby. May God give you the grace to take care of her.
ladyverere:
I am a single too to an adorable 5 month old princess. I thank God I didn't bow to the pressure of having an abortion. That said, I started my little girl on pap aka akamu @ age 2 months (I mixed guinea corn and yellow corn) with milk depending on how many oz in the feeder and she did very well with it. I used Nan. Will start mashed local food when she is 6 months old. She already has her first two teeth.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 9:53pm On Apr 04, 2015
Nita2013:
Its between 800-1000 naira. As regards the milk, u ll av to check the direction on the pack because some requires milk while some do no require milk but just water

Tank u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
A LETTER TO MUMS

Disposable nappies are getting very expensive. Why not get these reusable, washable super-absorbentand comfortable cloth nappies /diapers, which are also called modern cloth nappies (MCNs) or pocket nappies, for your baby For the cost of buying disposablenappies, these reusable nappies and inserts will last you for a much longer period of time. They are economical and environmental-friendly. We have diapers to fit all of your needs -

-- Green environmental protection for your baby and your planet. Our products are lightweight, high performance and easy to use.

How To Use ?
Wash before first use. Please wash colours separately
It usually will take a few washes to reach its full absorbency (could be 6 washes or more)
Place the insert inside the nappy through the open pocket in the back
Liquid will be absorbed through the inner layer of the nappy to the insert
More than one insert may be needed when sleeping or when necessary
Nappy should be changed every 2-3 hours, and when damp, to prevent nappy rash

How To Wash
Remove and rinse off the residuals (knock solids into toilet), then store in dry pail;
Machine wash (no hotter than 35oC), cold rinse;
Hang them up to dry in the sun (sunlight helps bleach the nappies to remove any remaining stains), or "Low" tumble dry;
Do not store nappies for too many days, should be washed in 1-2 days;
No bleach, no softener

Ccc

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 12:48am On Apr 05, 2015
MumZ:

I got it for 800naira. The quantity is not much sha and it's in a carton as you can see in the pic. There are other flavours too like rice and there's one that is for dinner, I think.

cc: rezzy

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:15am On Apr 05, 2015
MiracleMum:

You shud take fruits, proteins and lots of water.....or do u eat a lot of starch? Pls reduce starchy things for now.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 05, 2015
A LETTER TO MUMS

Disposable nappies are getting very expensive. Why not get these reusable, washable super-absorbentand comfortable cloth nappies /diapers, which are also called modern cloth nappies (MCNs) or pocket nappies, for your baby For the cost of buying disposablenappies, these reusable nappies and inserts will last you for a much longer period of time. They are economical and environmental-friendly. We have diapers to fit all of your needs -

-- Green environmental protection for your baby and your planet. Our products are lightweight, high performance and easy to use.

How To Use ?
Wash before first use. Please wash colours separately
It usually will take a few washes to reach its full absorbency (could be 6 washes or more)
Place the insert inside the nappy through the open pocket in the back
Liquid will be absorbed through the inner layer of the nappy to the insert
More than one insert may be needed when sleeping or when necessary
Nappy should be changed every 2-3 hours, and when damp, to prevent nappy rash

How To Wash
Remove and rinse off the residuals (knock solids into toilet), then store in dry pail;
Machine wash (no hotter than 35oC), cold rinse;
Hang them up to dry in the sun (sunlight helps bleach the nappies to remove any remaining stains), or "Low" tumble dry;
Do not store nappies for too many days, should be washed in 1-2 days;
No bleach, no softener

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 7:56am On Apr 05, 2015
NoQualms1:

I got it for 800naira. The quantity is not much sha and it's in a carton as you can see in the pic. There are other flavours too like rice and there's one that is for dinner, I think.

Tanks much, ll try it out, she dsnt eat enough even wit me giving her abidec. Been wanting 2 add anoda meal 2 d formula.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 8:19am On Apr 05, 2015
NoQualms1:

Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 10:23am On Apr 05, 2015
U can try making ur own rice cereal and oat cereal (suitable from 4months) and give to her. It will save u cash and last longer. U can also add pap to her meal but introduce a new food weekly so as to watch out for any reactions.

When I started with d pack of Heinz rice, my son finished it in 3 feeds (he has large appetite though) but makin my own saved me aa whole lot of cash

MumZ:

Tanks much, ll try it out, she dsnt eat enough even wit me giving her abidec. Been wanting 2 add anoda meal 2 d formula.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 05, 2015
bossladyMo:

Feeding pap to a 2 month old? Hian!

God truly watches over the little ones!!!
I'm telling u,why don't she do exclusive breastfeeding for her,then she can start pap with formula at 6month
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by morrygreat: 12:53pm On Apr 05, 2015
MojAyo:
I'm telling u,why don't she do exclusive breastfeeding for her,then she can start pap with formula at 6month

Is it a must for every mother to exclusive breast feed? Do you know her condition?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 05, 2015
morrygreat:

Is it a must for every mother to exclusive breast feed? Do you know her condition?

its well,bt she must try to give formula for d baby now,if the baby can't breastfeed,cos the baby is still vry young

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.