Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4412941 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tobiaboG: 10:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
[quote author=NoQualms1 post=32765277]take more pap & increase ur water intake
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 10:55pm On Apr 15, 2015
[quote author=tobiaboG post=32765726][/quote]

I really don't lactate much to keep up with my baby's demand. I tried the pap trick and I works wonders..now I leak like every time but I'm less bothered because I am glad I can express enuf for my baby(500mls) everyday and he will still have enuf to suck..
So u can try taking pap..in large quantities.make it a bit watery and drink at intervals.also make sure u rest for atleast 30mins after taking it and after eating.to produce enuf milk you have to rest.I hope this helps
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 11:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
Thanks tobiaboG and hajarahbadmus. It seems pap doesn't work for me but I will try again. What really worked for me in the past was palm wine but I can't get it anywhere close now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 12:08am On Apr 16, 2015
[quote author=tobiaboG post=32762248][/quote]
I applied she's butter, tx. He's better now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 12:32am On Apr 16, 2015
Blessgerald:
Pls mamas my 2 months old baby has dandruff on his head and I tried d olive oil then soft comb after 15mins but it pulled his hair now he has bald hair. Wat can I do for it to grow, should I cut all his hair

Pls leave the hair, it's not dandruff and it will go on its own. It happens to all babies. There was no reason to do any special combing.

The hair will also grow on its own, pls do not apply any special chemical to his hair. You can cut the hair if you wish.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 12:35am On Apr 16, 2015
shndy:
Went for the 6wks immunization today and my baby has bn fussy since, cries uncontrollably. Is there something I cn do to ease d pain? Already used paracetamol.
Tx

If the place is not swollen, give paracetamol for 2 days more and if it persist, you can complain to the doctor but he should be fine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:25am On Apr 16, 2015
mummy2be:
Mama's pls what's the best cure for jaundice aside from sunlight
to prevent jaundice in newborn babies,u need to expose babies to the sunlight bt protect their soft skin frm the sun
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:27am On Apr 16, 2015
NoQualms1:
My baby is 4 and half months and my milk flow has reduced greatly. What can I use to make it increase back?

I hope someone will answer me this time.
u can add pap(ogi) to ur food,it helps to take it vry early in d morning,and u can also eat hot amala or hot semo with ewedu,it helps with milk production for babies,thank u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 1:45am On Apr 16, 2015
Lol @ur last paragraph.

Ur milk flow will not be d same all tru dear. As dd month goes by it will definitely reduce especially if u r supplementing but u can still continue takin pap and keep drinking lots of water.

uote author=NoQualms1 post=32765277]My baby is 4 and half months and my milk flow has reduced greatly. What can I use to make it increase back?

I hope someone will answer me this time.[/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 2:59am On Apr 16, 2015
Kimoni:

If the place is not swollen, give paracetamol for 2 days more and if it persist, you can complain to the doctor but he should be fine.
Ok, thanks a million. The place is swollen and his temp is high
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ukandi1(m): 7:14am On Apr 16, 2015
mytestimony:
Each time I hear my baby's breath its as if she has cattarh that is blocking her nose. But there is no cattarh
Den as if she is snoring. Sometimes also when she is sleeping she breathes as if someone is pursuing her. Do I need to be worried.Tho I am o.
She also breathe with her mouth open as if nose is blocked

it is not normal. My daughter was behaving so sometimes ago and when we sought medical advice, she was diagnosed of pneumonia. Her chest was congested and so she cud not breath. She had to use her mouth and infact everything u described.
My advice: please see a doctor as a matter of urgency.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 7:39am On Apr 16, 2015
shndy:

Pls see the Dr immediately, most likely an infection since there is a high temperature.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 16, 2015
mummy2be:

Depending on the kind of jaundice, regular breastfeeding should clear it. Just keeep breastfeeding your baby frequently.....but like I said, it depends on the age of your baby and the kund of jaundice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 16, 2015
asmaua:
Good morning all, pls I need help my LO is 3 weeks old and has being having problems passing stool, she use to poo like 5 times a day but now iy is just once, her tummy is hard and she is so uncomfortable especially at night, she cries most times at night and we have tried dipping cotton bud in metholatan but she is still not able to pass stool. Pls advice on what to do MIL says is oka dont know the meaning and wants to give her agbo but I dont want that

Pls don't give your baby any agbo. Oka is a myth, in my opinion. The soft part of the head that goes up and down is very normal. Don't do what you will regret.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 16, 2015
http://www.babycenter.com/0_cradle-cap_80.bc#articlesection3

Baby centre's solution for cradle cap...just the same process as earlier described. If done well, it shouldn't pull out your baby's hair.

Blessgerald
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 9:25am On Apr 16, 2015
shndy:

I'm going to quote my matron verbatim - "she may run temperature after taking the injections, just give her paracetamol immediately you get home, it will go down in maximum of 48hours. If the place swells up, don't touch it. It will go down by itself"

That's all I've ever done and I've never had problems with immunizations. Each time I go for it, I always end up giving her paracetamol only twice and the fever disappeared in less than 24 hours. Take care.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 9:30am On Apr 16, 2015
Nita2013:
Lol @ur last paragraph.

Ur milk flow will not be d same all tru dear. As dd month goes by it will definitely reduce especially if u r supplementing but u can still continue takin pap and keep drinking lots of water.
e.

Thanks Nita. I knew it will reduce with time, just that I didn't expect it to happen so suddenly and the fact that it has been helping with birth control. I am really enjoying that and I wish it won't stop till I'm ready again. lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 10:38am On Apr 16, 2015
shndy:
Went for the 6wks immunization today and my baby has bn fussy since, cries uncontrollably. Is there something I cn do to ease d pain? Already used paracetamol.
Tx
Just gv d patacetamol, dont touch d swelling.It ll go down wt tym. It might stay for up to 1-2wks o, bt just b patient, it ll go down. (Talking frm experience)

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 10:40am On Apr 16, 2015
mummy2be:
there's pharmacotherapy, phototherapy and exchange blood transfusion. Does ur baby hv jaundice? How old is he, and wen did u first notice it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 10:42am On Apr 16, 2015
Mzora:
pls mums are there special vaccines given to babies apart from the one on the immunization card?
There s rotavirus vaccine and pneumococcal wch are nt part of d regular ones in NPI
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 10:45am On Apr 16, 2015
morrygreat:

Oka is a yoruba name, it makes babies to cry a lot at night there is a special kennel oil for it tell ur Mil to get u Oka ori medicine she will know how to go about it and if u can't make sure u get kennel oil and be applying it to his head that place that is as if is going up and down.

Wot does d palm kernel oil do to dat 'soft part dat goes up and down?'
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mubzay(f): 12:20pm On Apr 16, 2015
Oka ori(head) is real. The soft part of d head is normal and wll blend with time. It makes d child to be undedeveloped ie loss of weight despite feeding n growth retarded. Pls see ur doc or visit true iya alagbo/elewe omo. Av a blessed day.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummy2be: 12:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
tchiwinnie:
there's pharmacotherapy, phototherapy and exchange blood transfusion. Does ur baby hv jaundice? How old is he, and wen did u first notice it?
mum noticed it 3days ago and have been sunning him I noticed the thing have gone down this morning sha,he'll be 2wks on sunday
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
mummy2be:
mum noticed it 3days ago and have been sunning him I noticed the thing have gone down this morning sha,he'll be 2wks on sunday

Ensure you breastfeed him WELL...as in WELL. It will help it pass through his body...that is if there is no underlying cause.

But please, see a doctor. They will do a serum bilirubin test...tell you to come back in a few days, and do the test again. If it shows a reduction, you can continue with the breastfeeding. If not, further steps should be taken.

Jaundice is not child's play too. So pls see your doctor. And pls...pls...don't do that pawpaw water leaf drinking thing some people advise.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 1:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
NoQualms1:

I'm going to quote my matron verbatim - "she may run temperature after taking the injections, just give her paracetamol immediately you get home, it will go down in maximum of 48hours. If the place swells up, don't touch it. It will go down by itself"

That's all I've ever done and I've never had problems with immunizations. Each time I go for it, I always end up giving her paracetamol only twice and the fever disappeared in less than 24 hours. Take care.
tchiwinnie:
Just gv d patacetamol, dont touch d swelling.It ll go down wt tym. It might stay for up to 1-2wks o, bt just b patient, it ll go down. (Talking frm experience)
Kimoni:

Pls see the Dr immediately, most likely an infection since there is a high temperature.
Thank u all so Much. Also read online dt d high temp is a result of the vaccine. He's stable now and the thigh isn't as sensitive as yesterday.
Thank u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by asmaua: 2:45pm On Apr 16, 2015
My MIL said it is Oka Inu not Oka ori, @ mudzay is agbo not to strong for children as I have taken her to the hospital and the doctor said there is nothing wrong with her that it will pass. Pls experienced mama's in the house pls advice us
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayolight(f): 3:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
asmaua:
Good morning all, pls I need help my LO is 3 weeks old and has being having problems passing stool, she use to poo like 5 times a day but now iy is just once, her tummy is hard and she is so uncomfortable especially at night, she cries most times at night and we have tried dipping cotton bud in metholatan but she is still not able to pass stool. Pls advice on what to do MIL says is oka dont know the meaning and wants to give her agbo but I dont want that
ur MIL is right. but dia is medical treatment for dat, u can take her to a peadiatrician for treatment. if u like u can couple d treatment wit local ones like agbo. it is optional
it is calls akan inu.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 3:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
ukandi1:

it is not normal. My daughter was behaving so sometimes ago and when we sought medical advice, she was diagnosed of pneumonia. Her chest was congested and so she cud not breath. She had to use her mouth and infact everything u described.
My advice: please see a doctor as a matter of urgency.

Doctor said its normal. That it is cos of regurgitation. Actually it has happened a couple of times.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by morrygreat: 3:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
mubzay:
Oka ori(head) is real. The soft part of d head is normal and wll blend with time. It makes d child to be undedeveloped ie loss of weight despite feeding n growth retarded. Pls see ur doc or visit true iya alagbo/elewe omo. Av a blessed day.

God bless u

Pls which is better Custard or pap?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 3:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
shndy:

Thank u all so Much. Also read online dt d high temp is a result of the vaccine. He's stable now and the thigh isn't as sensitive as yesterday.
Thank u

Thank God. Kisses to LO

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummy2be: 5:26pm On Apr 16, 2015
bossladyMo:

Ensure you breastfeed him WELL...as in WELL. It will help it pass through his body...that is if there is no underlying cause.

But please, see a doctor. They will do a serum bilirubin test...tell you to come back in a few days, and do the test again. If it shows a reduction, you can continue with the breastfeeding. If not, further steps should be taken.

Jaundice is not child's play too. So pls see your doctor. And pls...pls...don't do that pawpaw water leaf drinking thing some people advise.
ok ma i'll go 2mrw I appreciate
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ukandi1(m): 7:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
mytestimony:

Doctor said its normal. That it is cos of regurgitation. Actually it has happened a couple of times.

i am Glad d doctor has spoken.

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.