Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,941 members, 7,952,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:43 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4547241 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 8:11am On Apr 24, 2015
rezzy:
Pls mamas,

You know I have been complaining about my baby not eating well.
So yesterday traveled to my village, he didn't suck BM through out the journey. At night, he didn't suck. If I try to give him, he will start shouting and stretching.

Even this morning, he refused to collect. I was asked to pump it to his feeder, mehn, no milk came out in 1 breeast, I tried the other, just little quantity.
It's over 24 hours since he sucked last yet my breeast is not heavy and is not even paining.

Solution please. Thanks

It's obvious you are not lactating well. Take hot pap, it will really help.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 8:43am On Apr 24, 2015
rezzy:
Pls mamas,

So yesterday traveled to my village, he didn't suck BM through out the journey. At night, he didn't suck. If I try to give him, he will start shouting and stretching.

Even this morning, he refused to collect. I was asked to pump it to his feeder, mehn, no milk came out in 1 breeast, I tried the other, just little quantity.
It's over 24 hours since he sucked last yet my breeast is not heavy and is not even paining.

Solution please. Thanks

Wat else do u give him apart from breastmilk and ao old is ur baby? Sum baby stop breastfeeding themselves, u mite want to start him on supplements. Wat has he taken so far in d last 24hrs dat he has nt breastfed?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chelsea25: 8:48am On Apr 24, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Good to know dat. Then continue it. BTW, how old s ur baby?
She is 3 months .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tbaby4real(f): 9:00am On Apr 24, 2015
rezzy:
Pls mamas,

Solution please. Thanks

My lactation consultant said if you are stress, not hydrated all the time or not eat well then you won't produce enough breast milk for your baby. You should drink a glass water, juice, pap or tea every one hour to stay hydrated. These are the things that work for me and now I pump up to 200 ml from both breast at once. You could try it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by moonberry: 9:12am On Apr 24, 2015
Pls mamas help me, my ds ws gvn his 6 wks vaccine,one of the leg is swollen
He has bn making this straining noise as if he wnts to poo,and his belly button comes out and refuse to go bck I took him to d doc that same day in d aftnun and was told no cause 4 alarm. We didn't sleep all tru to d night due to d strain noise and the again I notice his part if is head goin up and down and it extend to d forehead givn it a triangle lik shape.when he cries I see veins on his head.
I don't knw wat to do.pls help me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 9:30am On Apr 24, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Wat else do u give him apart from breastmilk and ao old is ur baby? Sum baby stop breastfeeding themselves, u mite want to start him on supplements. Wat has he taken so far in d last 24hrs dat he has nt breastfed?

He is 5 months 2wks old. I give him NAN formula.

Tbaby4real:

My lactation consultant said if you are stress, not hydrated all the time or not eating well then you won't produce enough breast milk for your baby. You should drink a glass water, juice, pap or tea every one hour to stay hydrated. This are the things that work for me and now I pump up to 200 ml from both breast at once. You could try it

Will my BM still be good?

@miraclemum, ok
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CharmyBliz: 9:54am On Apr 24, 2015
Experienced mommies pls Wats d best Formula for a 4 month old? #Nan, frisolac gold, thrive, Sma gold# Wats d best baby food to start him wit asides pap? Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CharmyBliz: 9:55am On Apr 24, 2015
Experienced mommies pls Wats d best Formula for a 4 month old? #Nan, frisolac gold, thrive, Sma gold# Wats d best baby food to start him wit asides pap? Thanks

Wia can I get a post partum belt? I stay in Owerri
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 10:07am On Apr 24, 2015
CharmyBliz:

As my senior mamas will say.
They are all good depending on your pocket.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 10:11am On Apr 24, 2015
rezzy:

@miraclemum, ok

BM is alwaz gud.. does he take d NAN well? If yes, as painful as it mite sound, he mite want to wean himself off breast early as sum children will/do. Just try improve ur hydration level and if milk is produced and he's stil not taking den he doesn't want bm again niyen. Just ensur he feeds well and he's also hydrated. Hope dis helps

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 10:12am On Apr 24, 2015
kaffy4bill:

BM is alwaz gud.. does he take d NAN well? If yes, as painful as it mite sound, he mite want to wean himself off breast early as sum children will/do. Just try improve ur hydration level and if milk is produced and he's stil not taking den he doesn't want bm again niyen. Just ensur he feeds well and he's also hydrated. Hope dis helps

Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cancerlib: 10:18am On Apr 24, 2015
cancerlib:
Pls mothers which is more effective, a postpartum belt or a corset
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tbaby4real(f): 11:37am On Apr 24, 2015
rezzy:

@miraclemum, ok

I think so, just let him suck all the time before formula feed.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 1:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
rezzy:

If you can get a trusted nanny, it's better.

In creche where they have many babies, your baby won't be taken care of properly especially if she is the cry cry type, they will just abandon her to cry.

hence i always look for "professionally"creche, if its not one nanny to two children...NO No for me

for me trust is relative, if i cant leave a nanny with my AtM and pin and trust she wont defraud me, i will NEVER leave her alone with my child, because my child is more precious than my bank balance..

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 2:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
moonberry:
Pls mamas help me, my ds ws gvn his 6 wks vaccine,one of the leg is swollen
He has bn making this straining noise as if he wnts to poo,and his belly button comes out and refuse to go bck I took him to d doc that same day in d aftnun and was told no cause 4 alarm. We didn't sleep all tru to d night due to d strain noise and the again I notice his part if is head goin up and down and it extend to d forehead givn it a triangle lik shape.when he cries I see veins on his head.
I don't knw wat to do.pls help me.
Wonderfl mama, 1st of all, relax . For d leg, just dont worry, it ll go down wt tym. My baby's own took up to 1wk or more b4 it completely went down. U dont need to apply anything. For d restlessness, u cld gv pcm if u feel he s in pain, bt it may nt b necessary for more dan 24hrs. Abt d part of his head going up and down(lol), mama relax inu? its completely normal. It ll b closing small small as he develops till it finally closes at abt 9-18months. Bt mama, e good as u come ask ur questions here. Jisike, u re doing a great job.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 2:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
favoredgal:

hence i always look for "professionally"creche, if its not one nanny to two children...NO No for me

for me trust is relative, if i cant leave a nanny with my AtM and pin and trust she wont defraud me, i will NEVER leave her alone with my child, because my child is more precious than my bank balance..
This ur analogy of nanny and ATM, hmmm ok. lemme think abt it. i dey come

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 3:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
favoredgal:

I went to 5 different creche in Ikeja yesterday and I didn't see any with 1 nanny to 2 children. The closest I got was 1 nanny to 3 children and there were only 6 children in the creche with 2 nannies. However, i was told they were expecting 3 more infants aged 3 months, while mine will make them 4. When I asked how they'd do it with just the two nannies I saw there, the proprietress replied that she'd hire more hands.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
rezzy:
Pls mamas,

Solution please. Thanks

Do a pregnancy test...you might be pregnant. Pregnancy hormones affect the taste of breastmilk...which forces most babies to stop breastfeeding.

My baby groaning and stretching while breastfeeding, was th le first signs of pregnancy for me.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
cancerlib:

Wow, na wa o. May God help us. I started using funbactA 3days ago and I think its improving.
As for d head i was adviced to stop using baby oil and use shea butter instead, I find d butter too thick tho and I hate coconut oil smell so I opted for olive oil. I'll chck online if jojoba oil is safe for babies.
Tx for this.

Funbact-A is never a good idea. I can almost guarantee you will not like the result on your baby's skin.

Who prescribed it for you? Sorry, but that was a very baf idea.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by moonberry: 3:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Wonderfl mama, 1st of all, relax . For d leg, just dont worry, it ll go down wt tym. My baby's own took up to 1wk or more b4 it completely went down. U dont need to apply anything. For d restlessness, u cld gv pcm if u feel he s in pain, bt it may nt b necessary for more dan 24hrs. Abt d part of his head going up and down(lol), mama relax inu? its completely normal. It ll b closing small small as he develops till it finally closes at abt 9-18months. Bt mama, e good as u come ask ur questions here. Jisike, u re doing a great job.

Thanks ma, God Bless you well well. I am @ ease now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 4:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
[quote author=cancerlib post=33053266][/quote]

Get a waist cincher instead. Postpartum belts are not that effective and a lace up corset is tedious and uncomfortable, from my experience.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 4:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
CharmyBliz:

Wia can I get a post partum belt? I stay in Owerri
. They are all nutritious,you can get anyone of them. For cereal you can use either cow and gate, or heinz
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 7:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
bossladyMo:

Do a pregnancy test...you might be pregnant. Pregnancy hormones affect the taste of breastmilk...which forces most babies to stop breastfeeding.

My baby groaning and stretching while breastfeeding, was th le first signs of pregnancy for me.

I will check but don't think I'm pregnant. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 8:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
moonberry:

Thanks ma, God Bless you well well. I am @ ease now.
Uwcm dear grin. Glad to b of help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 8:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
bossladyMo:

Do a pregnancy test...you might be pregnant. Pregnancy hormones affect the taste of breastmilk.which forces most babies to stop breastfeeding.

Pregnancy hormone affects taste of BM? shocked. I never hear dis one b4 o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 8:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
MiracleMum:

I went to 5 different creche in Ikeja yesterday and I didn't see any with 1 nanny to 2 children. The closest I got was 1 nanny to 3 children and there were only 6 children in the creche with 2 nannies. However, i was told they were expecting 3 more infants aged 3 months, while mine will make them 4. When I asked how they'd do it with just the two nannies I saw there, the proprietress replied that she'd hire more hands.
I think 2 nannies looking after 6 children is just fine. Hope d place is clean?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 9:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
Pls mamas I tuk my son for his 6wks immunization today and on checking his weight, it was 4.2kg while he weighed 3kg @ birth. Pls is dis weight ok? He is EBF.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 9:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
tchiwinnie:
I think 2 nannies looking after 6 children is just fine. Hope d place is clean?

Thanks, The place is very clean and the kids I saw there looked very happy and relaxed. Though they seem to be too attached to the nannies. The response I got to that was that they've been with them since they were 3 months hence the attachment.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cancerlib: 10:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
bossladyMo:

Funbact-A is never a good idea. I can almost guarantee you will not like the result on your baby's skin.

Who prescribed it for you? Sorry, but that was a very baf idea.
Choi! Thank you o. I appreciate. Am far from where my hospital is so Av nt seen the doc, it was a nearby nurse that prescribed it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 11:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
MiracleMum:

3:1 is not bad esp if they have a supervisor. The professional ones are easier to find on the island (I think) cuz when I was looking I saw a lot of 2:1, I even saw some 1:1 and I can't remember seeing anyone that did not have cctv
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 25, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Pregnancy hormone affects taste of BM? shocked. I never hear dis one b4 o

Yeap it does. You can confirm it online sef.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cancerlib: 3:36am On Apr 25, 2015
desiree:

Get a waist cincher instead. Postpartum belts are not that effective and a lace up corset is tedious and uncomfortable, from my experience.
Thank you xx

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.