Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4430936 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2294) (2295) (2296) (2297) (2298) (2299) (2300) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mzzkismet: 4:09pm On Jan 25, 2020
Good afternoon Mamas, I'm a ftm and my baby is just one month old, but my breasts are not full. They are just a little bigger than wen I wasn't pregnant. I'm really worried. Pls wat can I use. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiolajustified: 6:15pm On Jan 25, 2020
Helens101:
Exactly,when he is tasty and I call his name to take water he quickly run to grab the water even fish.@rayhanna,he has good eye contact with me too.thanks mamas

Your post really got me rolling on the floor.

He was actually hearing but choose not to respond ni. At times my daughter will just decide to play dumb when she didn't want to be distracted from what she's doing. She choose when to respond and when not to.

The same name she used to sing when she want to sleep and she will turn deaf ears to when you called her

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummyjason: 6:31pm On Jan 25, 2020
My 3.5 month old baby poos after each feed, we have used antibiotics 3 times, zinc tablets yet the pooing continues, the most frustrating part of it is that he is not adding weight, he weighed 5kg on the 2nd of this month, and 5.1kg yesterday, dts just 100g in a month, i even bought formular but he wont take it,the last time i forced him to take it, he vomitted twice after,i lactate well and i am sure he gets enough breast milk, please sabi mama,don't ignore, I am begging.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummyjason: 6:38pm On Jan 25, 2020
I av seen 4 peadatricians, all they say is that he will outgrow it, some even said not all babies will be chubby,I am not after having a chubby baby, all i want is a baby dt is growing and atleast adding weight moderately,but the fact dt he isn't adding weight is really killing me, please don't jump and pass.

He was 4.3kg at birth, and just 5.1kg at almost 4 months he still fits into his new born wears.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by futuremoma34: 8:22pm On Jan 25, 2020
mummyjason:
I av seen 4 peadatricians, all they say is that he will outgrow it, some even said not all babies will be chubby,I am not after having a chubby baby, all i want is a baby dt is growing and atleast adding weight moderately,but the fact dt he isn't adding weight is really killing me, please don't jump and pass.

He was 4.3kg at birth, and just 5.1kg at almost 4 months he still fits into his new born wears.

Mama, it's normal for you to worry, because you are his mother, but take it easy Ook. You need to have patience, your baby will grow. Just feed him on demand. Or take him to agbo people to check if he has ella, because some babies have internal ella dt eates them inside, making Dem not to add weight
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by futuremoma34: 8:25pm On Jan 25, 2020
mummyjason:
My 3.5 month old baby poos after each feed, we have used antibiotics 3 times, zinc tablets yet the pooing continues, the most frustrating part of it is that he is not adding weight, he weighed 5kg on the 2nd of this month, and 5.1kg yesterday, dts just 100g in a month, i even bought formular but he wont take it,the last time i forced him to take it, he vomitted twice after,i lactate well and i am sure he gets enough breast milk, please sabi mama,don't ignore, I am begging.

I think you should start giving him.. Nan or any baby food, you can afford... And again, Ella could be dy reason he poop too much. Pls see any yuruba agbo woman for help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by futuremoma34: 8:29pm On Jan 25, 2020
mzzkismet:
Good afternoon Mamas, I'm a ftm and my baby is just one month old, but my breasts are not full. They are just a little bigger than wen I wasn't pregnant. I'm really worried. Pls wat can I use. Thanks.

Why are you worried?... Mama everyone is unique and special, some have bigger boobs with little milk inside while some have smaller boobs and lactates very well. Just take care of your self self ok
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 8:32pm On Jan 25, 2020
mummyjason:

mummyjason:

Pediatrician said nothing is wrong with him, what did they say about poo after every feed? I'm assuming it's loose stool since you are using antibiotic and zinc. What milk quantity does he get from you and how often do you feed him?

Most exclusive breastfed babies bulk up by the 2nd and 3rd month. Breat milk is a wholemeal and should be enough since you lactate well.

However some certain health issues can be responsible for his inability to gain weight. Was he born early or at term?

I'd suggest you go back and have them check him out thoroughly, though it's still a bit early to term it failure to thrive.

On the other hand if genetically both parents are small sized then it's nothing to worry about! He will catch up when the time comes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Taymi: 8:35pm On Jan 25, 2020
Hello mamas
What do you all think about Milton baby lotion for new born?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mzzkismet: 9:28pm On Jan 25, 2020
futuremoma34:

Why are you worried?... Mama everyone is unique and special, some have bigger boobs with little milk inside while some have smaller boobs and lactates very well. Just take care of your self self ok

Oook ma'am. Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 11:28pm On Jan 25, 2020
mummyjason:

Mama what is the consistency of the poo? Watery and sinks into the diaper or normal yellow poo like egusi?

On an average, how many times does he poo daily? Cos some babies can poo up to 8 times a day or even more and it is considered normal

I understand your fears. My first child was like that too, poo after feeding and I honestly didn't even think it was unusual. He even weighed 2.5kg at birth and wore size 0-3 till about 4-5months. At 6months he was 7.5kg and was exclusively breastfed.

Be sure you are lactating well and he is latching well. You can pump out to be sure of the quantity. He doesn't need antibiotics. Maybe you can try seeing a paediatrician in a teaching hospital.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 11:40pm On Jan 25, 2020
mzzkismet:

Do you think you are not producing enough milk? Or u just want big or full breasttt? I'm just trying to understand. What exactly are u worried about?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nsaka: 12:20am On Jan 26, 2020
rvpbae:

What does she feed on? Does she poo and fart regularly? And does she get relieved after farting?

Colic isn't a sickness or disease and your baby is healthy pls. Since you read about gas in the tummy, then read up on way to help release the gas or ways to ease colic.

My first child had serious colic, I used infancol and it helped. My second didn't even experience any of it.

Thank you for your response. She doesn't fat or poo regularly. And yes she feels relieve each time she does. I saw some baby massage for gas relieve on youtube which i'm doing right now. As per feeding I breast feed and also uses Nan.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 8:09am On Jan 26, 2020
Nsaka:

Thank you for your response. She doesn't fat or poo regularly. And yes she feels relieve each time she does. I saw some baby massage for gas relieve on youtube which i'm doing right now. As per feeding I breast feed and also uses Nan.

Ok. This phase will pass.

Hope you are giving her water.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realtalk19: 11:51am On Jan 26, 2020
Nsaka:
Pls, I'm a first time mom, my daughter is 6wks+ and weighs 3.1. she was 2.9@ birth via CS. I noticed her stomach is hard and she's always squeezing her stomach and face in pains most times. From research they said it could be air in her stomach or what they call colic. As a result of this she won't be looking healthy. I'm confused and need solution. Thanks

Use gripe water.it works
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 1:11pm On Jan 26, 2020
Mumaraoluwa:
no be small thing o. How were u able to wean ur DD then. Cos I put flagyl yesterday, na same story o
wean ke, as I am typing now, she is sucking.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lady25(f): 2:21pm On Jan 26, 2020
Hello mummies.Little Gold baby shop is located at crown shopping complex Okeibukun Asero Abeokuta. We are on Instagram as @little_gold_baby_shop. And we do nationwide delivery. We sell baby and maternity items ,diapers, clothes (both brand new and gradeA) and shoes. If you are in Abeokuta kindly visit us

You can also whatsapp us to compare prices with that of the market ( you will be glad you did)

Check out to window shop. https://www.nairaland.com/5627610/little-gold-baby-shop

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sandypearl: 7:42pm On Jan 26, 2020
SlimBrawnie:
Good evening Mamas, pls I need information on banks that operate the best kiddies account and if possible what their package is like.
. Good evening ma I have an idea on what you need for having a savings for your child. Call or whataspp me 0 8 0 6 0 8 9 0 4 0 9.Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sandypearl: 7:56pm On Jan 26, 2020
Good evening mummies,how are you all doing and your LOs. Please mummies,have you thought of having a savings for your child(ren) for the future? I have a unique idea to help you in achieving that. You can start now,for a better TOMORROW. Please you can reach me via call or WhatsApp on 0.8.0.6.0.8.9
0.4.0.9. Thank you very much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gloriousheart(f): 9:45am On Jan 27, 2020
mummyjason pls even the antibiotics won't let him add weight. Antibiotics drains the blood and ideally one should take blood tablets/multivitamins after a round of antibiotics to replenish blood.
Pls my little advise is to stop all medications. Give baby multivitamins and food. And watch him for improvement first. It is well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 11:37am On Jan 27, 2020
Good day Mamas please I have a challenge. What is the maximum time you leave your babies in school? Especially one that is not yet 2years. As my place of work I don't close early sometimes please I need opinions and advise as a first time mum cos this issue is really giving me sleepless nights. Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummyjason: 12:30pm On Jan 27, 2020
futuremoma34:

Mama, it's normal for you to worry, because you are his mother, but take it easy Ook. You need to have patience, your baby will grow. Just feed him on demand. Or take him to agbo people to check if he has ella, because some babies have internal ella dt eates them inside, making Dem not to add weight

Thank you very much for this response mama,I feed on demand, I lactate well and he has a healthy appetite just d slow weight gain, I av also tried formula, infact I gave Nan first, he vomited it, then I gave Sma gold because some mothers said their babies too reacted badly to Nan, yet he vomited that one too, so I av decided to continue with just breastmilk.I will find out about the Ella thing, thanks mama.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummyjason: 1:19pm On Jan 27, 2020
Liftedhands:

Pediatrician said nothing is wrong with him, what did they say about poo after every feed? I'm assuming it's loose stool since you are using antibiotic and zinc. What milk quantity does he get from you and how often do you feed him?

Most exclusive breastfed babies bulk up by the 2nd and 3rd month. Breat milk is a wholemeal and should be enough since you lactate well.

However some certain health issues can be responsible for his inability to gain weight. Was he born early or at term?

I'd suggest you go back and have them check him out thoroughly, though it's still a bit early to term it failure to thrive.

On the other hand if genetically both parents are small sized then it's nothing to worry about! He will catch up when the time comes.

@Liftedhands mama, thanks for responding,I am a the pediatricians said dt since he is adding weight, even though little, then he is fine,and he is very active,and that he will outgrow the pooing after each feed, I feed on demand and I lactate very well, infact i can fill two 210ml bottles in 30 minutes when I express with manual breast pump
The health issue is what I am scared of, I don't know if there is a medical condition stopping him from utilizing the breastmilk well, his poo is the regular yellowy seedy ones, the Egusi poo, he was born at exactly 40 weeks weighing 4.3kg.
Myself and hubby are big so i don't think it is genetic, even his older brother who is 4 looks like a 6 year old. I am just scared of his health, dou he looks very healthy and he is very active.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummyjason: 1:38pm On Jan 27, 2020
@rvpbae, thanks for responding mama, his poo is the normal egusi poo and he poos about 8 to 10 times daily, The paediatricians are general hospital consultants, and they do not even see it as a big deal,
I am glad dt u said ur child has gone through that b4.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummyjason: 1:48pm On Jan 27, 2020
[quote author=mummyjason post=86150807][pbae post=86110617]

Mama what is the consistency of the poo? Watery and sinks into the diaper or normal yellow poo like egusi?

On an average, how many times does he poo daily? Cos some babies can poo up to 8 times a day or even more and it is considered normal

I understand your fears. My first child was like that too, poo after feeding and I honestly didn't even think it was unusual. He even weighed 2.5kg at birth and wore size 0-3 till about 4-5months. At 6months he was 7.5kg and was exclusively breastfed.

Be sure you are lactating well and he is latching well. You can pump out to be sure of the quantity. He doesn't need antibiotics. Maybe you can try seeing a paediatrician in a teaching hospital.

@rvpbae, thanks for responding mama, his poo is the normal egusi poo and he poos about 8 to 10 times daily, The paediatricians are general hospital consultants, and they do not even see it as a big deal,
I am glad dt u said ur child has gone through that b4, and he is fine,atleast that has calmed me down.please, when did the pooing after each feed stop? And how well was his weight increasing dt made him get to 7.5kg at 6 months? I am sorry for the many questions.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummyjason: 1:52pm On Jan 27, 2020
Gloriousheart:
mummyjason pls even the antibiotics won't let him add weight. Antibiotics drains the blood and ideally one should take blood tablets/multivitamins after a round of antibiotics to replenish blood.
Pls my little advise is to stop all medications. Give baby multivitamins and food. And watch him for improvement first. It is well.

Alright mama, I will try the multivitamin, please can u recommend one for his age, he is 3 and half months old. Amen to ur prayer.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 3:15pm On Jan 27, 2020
mummyjason:

I am glad dt u said ur child has gone through that b4.

I honestly cant remember when it stopped cos I didn't see the frequent poop as an issue, so I didn't pay attention. I can be breastfeeding and he will just poop in the process, it was that frequent.

Kids are different. My friend has two sons, first is as big as can be while the second at almost 1year can pass for a 9month old. Me I know your son is fine but pls stop the antibiotics, I wonder why they gave you when he isn't sick.

I cant remember his weight progress but he was 4.5kg at 7weeks, then 5.5kg at one point. I can only remember he was 7.5 at 6months and 8.5 at 8months. He will be 2yrs in 2months and weighs 12kg now. Meanwhile his sister at just 10weeks weighed 6.4kg, you see kids are different.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gloriousheart(f): 5:21pm On Jan 27, 2020
mummyjason:

Alright mama, I will try the multivitamin, please can u recommend one for his age, he is 3 and half months old. Amen to ur prayer.

Wellbaby (4/6 months - 4years) or Wellkids (4-12years) both by Vitabiotics.
Multivite syrup (if they still make it. We were given then as children).

Just go into a big pharmacy and choose age appropriate multivitamins for him. There ought to be more out there. Most write the age range on their packs (front or back). All the best.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by futuremoma34: 8:54pm On Jan 27, 2020
mummyjason:

Mama try Reload.. It's a better multivitamin in town. That is what I was advised to buy in the hospital.. Because I gave birth to a baby with a low weight.. 1.5kg at birth.. I started giving her Reload, she is strong and growing healthy.. She is 4.5kg at 3months now..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:00pm On Jan 27, 2020
mummyjason:

@Liftedh ands mama, thanks for responding,I am a the pediatricians said dt since he is adding weight, even though little, then he is fine,and he is very active,and that he will outgrow the pooing after each feed, I feed on demand and I lactate very well, infact i can fill two 210ml bottles in 30 minutes when I express with manual breast pump
The health issue is what I am scared of, I don't know if there is a medical condition stopping him from utilizing the breastmilk well, his poo is the regular yellowy seedy ones, the Egusi poo, he was born at exactly 40 weeks weighing 4.3kg.
Myself and hubby are big so i don't think it is genetic, even his older brother who is 4 looks like a 6 year old. I am just scared of his health, dou he looks very healthy and he is very active.
Since he is active, feeds well, not having watery poop. I believe he will be fine. I totally get your concern and worry but let's just pray and hope for the best.
Also find out if he is having lactose intolerance and seek a formula that is lactose free. Try it and see if he will take it and if there's any change.

I'm positive and hopeful nothing is wrong but just his nature, relax mama kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 11:10am On Jan 28, 2020
Hello mums....my dd has apollo..like it clogged her eye, i had to use a wet towel to remove them..i bought her eye drop and it cleared..

Now this morning i saw a tiny trace of it again..shes just 14months....what could be the cause.?
..her teacher said no one has it in her creche class..

And this happened on saturday morning...i hope its not that deep?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2294) (2295) (2296) (2297) (2298) (2299) (2300) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.