Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4412433 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by asmaua: 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2015
Good evening all, I think skin type matters a lot, I use Johnson's head to toe shampoo and body wash for my baby then ori(Shea butter) and native palm kernel oil for her skin and she has never had any reactions not Ella not nappy rash, I even interchange the body wash with the tablet soap and her skin is awesome. I have being reading about Johnson's here and the effect so I am just wondering maybe it is just the skin type that matters P.S. my baby is 4months

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 10:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
Motun31:
Good Evening Mamas. Has anyone used Gerber sitter cereal before. How is it like? Was told to introduce it to my 4 months old baby.

Nop... I think gerber is of different stage..hav just started giving my baby of seven month sitter... I suggest u get supported sitter for d baby...

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esteria(f): 10:38pm On Jul 31, 2015
Gudeven my blessed sabi mamas!
Pls, how do I control my lo's temp in dis cold weather apart from giving ha paracetamol, she's running temp. I know during hot weather one nids to do tepid sponge.

Tnx for ur usual responses.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 10:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
Harmless1:
Mothers help ooo! My 8months old son poos about 4 to 5 times a day. It started since he was 4 months and i hv given him different types of drug. Pls help me out on what to do

wow, u said frm four month, am sure he is eating well.. And once its nt making him weak,den na d guy system. Let Him be..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 10:43pm On Jul 31, 2015
Motun31:
Good Evening Mamas. Has anyone used Gerber sitter cereal before. How is it like? Was told to introduce it to my 4 months old baby.

A 4 month shouldn't use gerber sitter but gerber supported sitter cereal. I learnt here that gerber products aren't sweet. I have one but am yet to start it for my daughter. She's taking cow and gate egg custard and rice rice pudding now and she loves it a lot. She finishes the bottle at once when spoon fed. I intend introducing cereal this week and I was advised here to start with a rice cereal. I had cow and gate rice cereal in mind but a mama told me this evening to go for cerelac rice cereal that it's fattening.
But am not sure cerelac has cereal for 4-6months. I will go shopping tomorrow for that.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 10:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
esteria:
Gudeven my blessed sabi mamas!
Pls, how do I control my lo's temp in dis cold weather apart from giving ha paracetamol, she's running temp. I know during hot weather one nids to do tepid sponge.

Tnx for ur usual responses.

hmm..hw old is ur baby n i hope she is not teething..Cos my baby is having temperature too wit her mouth very hot too..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 10:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
MiracleMum:

A 4 month shouldn't use gerber sitter but gerber supported sitter cereal. I learnt here that gerber products aren't sweet. I have one but am yet to start it for my daughter. She's taking cow and gate egg custard and rice rice pudding now and she loves it a lot. She finishes the bottle at once when spoon fed. I intend introducing cereal this week and I was advised here to start with a rice cereal. I had cow and gate rice cereal in mind but a mama told me this evening to go for cerelac rice cereal that it's fattening.
But am not sure cerelac has cereal for 4-6months. I will go shopping tomorrow for that.

U ar very ryt gerber is nt sweet at all.,cos my baby is. currently taking,.but my baby dont lyk but i stil give her cos hav tried cerelac, stil she does nt lyk it..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 10:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
mimzy:
Thanks for ur response. i wasnt comfortable with the new assistant nanny assigned to her class.went there unannounced and met her spanking a baby so I had to withdraw her with immediate effect. Nothing much, just any standard creche wl do

Spanking ke? Am trying to PM you. Don't wanna type it here, am not their marketing agent. Lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 11:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
mimzy:
Thanks for ur response. i wasnt comfortable with the new assistant nanny assigned to her class.went there unannounced and met her spanking a baby so I had to withdraw her with immediate effect. Nothing much, just any standard creche wl do

Spanking ke? Am trying to send you a messsge. Don't wanna type it here, am not their marketing agent. Lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 11:03pm On Jul 31, 2015
[quote author=PeyButtons post=36459910][/quote]Dere is no any side effect, since d baby is eating ryt..For d issue of nt wee for 24hrs, wow, its nt gud enof even if d baby is sick,weeweeing myt be little but sure,dey wil..pls see a doctor,.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 11:06pm On Jul 31, 2015
Onegai:

Outside Nigeria, they actually teach you that it is safe to lie down and breastfeed. So maybe its the positioning that made the matron say it's wrong, not the lying down.

http://kellymom.com/parenting/parenting-faq/ear-infection-nursing/
wow. thanks,am more enlightened wit dat link..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chyvy(f): 11:19pm On Jul 31, 2015
Rashomo:

U ar very ryt gerber is nt sweet at all.,cos my baby is. currently taking,.but my baby dont lyk but i stil give her cos hav tried cerelac, stil she does nt lyk it..
When I learnt Gerber cereals are not sweet, I decided to give it a try since my baby would prefer foods with bland taste just as she does pap. So I give her the cereal without milk. And she loves it. Its the only cereal out of many I tried that she's accepted. She doesn't like sweet fruits either.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
franky2013:
Good day mamas, want to know if formula is still necessary for 1yr old baby or cow milk? secondly my LO is 14months can i give her d Adult yogurts, cheese balls n pls what other snacks can give her? @cutenik where r u? its bn awhile
am here mam,jst followin d thread silently,to ur Qs,my lo still tak his cerelac,I gv him peak 123 too and odaadults food,plannin to wean him dis august..my breast don dey hala!!!..lol,how is our wife doin?may d Lord be wt her nd d family too happynewmonth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 11:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chyvy:

When I learnt Gerber cereals are not sweet, I decided to give it a try since my baby would prefer foods with bland taste just as she does pap. So I give her the cereal without milk. And she loves it. Its the only cereal out of many I tried that she's accepted. She doesn't like sweet fruits either.

Dey ar different,May God blesss dem for us... but once am out of d house,she eat gerber n any oda food...DONT MIND HER JAARE..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chyvy(f): 11:33pm On Jul 31, 2015
Just when I was beginning to get worried if all was ok, AF finally reared its ugly head undecided Dunno if it was my worry that prompted it...Oh well...Not happy now. It just brings back those memories.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chyvy(f): 11:39pm On Jul 31, 2015
Rashomo:

Dey ar different,May God blesss dem for us... but once am out of d house,she eat gerber n any oda food...DONT MIND HER JAARE..
Abi ooo. They are really different. To think the cereals and formula my baby rejects are very well enjoyed by some. And as a FTM, dat just bought different brands thinking my baby will like them. SMH

It is well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 1:13am On Aug 01, 2015
Hallo,

Knock, knock, knock..... Modath & lil bobo king here, may we come in? smiley

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:35am On Aug 01, 2015
Lol I understand, pls can u send it to mimzydilly@gmail.com . I'll appreciate if u add d fees

MiracleMum:

Spanking ke? Am trying to send you a messsge. Don't wanna type it here, am not their marketing agent. Lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 5:52am On Aug 01, 2015
modath:

Hallo,

Grand entrance.. welcome both on board. How r u and lil bobo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Harmless1: 6:18am On Aug 01, 2015
Rashomo:

wow, u said frm four month, am sure he is eating well.. And once its nt making him weak,den na d guy system. Let Him be..
yes, he eats well and it doesn't make him weak. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 6:30am On Aug 01, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Grand entrance.. welcome both on board. How r u and lil bobo

Oh , na our in law! tongue, cool, we are in good hands.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sheweezy(f): 6:31am On Aug 01, 2015
modath:

Hallo,

You are free to walk in majestically, welcome on board and awaiting other July moms with tons of questions.
@kaffy4bill ur in law want to suck by force o, it has become a battle now, me sef I am ready for him.
Mothers please on a serious note, if one gets a really good and reliable nanny, is it better than crèche or its not.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sheweezy(f): 6:33am On Aug 01, 2015
modath:

Oh , na our in law! tongue, cool, we are in good hands.
Be careful o before I withdraw my welcome o, kaffy4bill already get in law o and we don dey bid already o tongue tongue tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esteria(f): 7:10am On Aug 01, 2015
Tnx @Rashomo, she's 9month old. D upper 1 tooth has emerged fully nd d gum beside it is kinda swollen.

Rashomo:

hmm..hw old is ur baby n i hope she is not teething..Cos my baby is having temperature too wit her mouth very hot too..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 7:13am On Aug 01, 2015
Motun31:
It should be supported sitter.
I also am thinking in that line. Cos my baby has rejected cow and gate. The babe doesn't even want formula. Na breast milk. I haf enter o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 7:16am On Aug 01, 2015
esteria:
Tnx @Rashomo, she's 9month old. D upper 1 tooth has emerged fully nd d gum beside it is kinda swollen.

ok... am sure is teething, u shd understand d nature of her teething by nw.. u mean she has upper tooth first..hmm,big girl
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 7:18am On Aug 01, 2015
modath:

Hallo,

Oh darling modath been expecting u
U r welcome. Kisses to lil bobo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 7:21am On Aug 01, 2015
mimzy:
Lol I understand, pls can u send it to mimzydilly@gmail.com . I'll appreciate if u add d fees

Ok
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 7:22am On Aug 01, 2015
asmaua:
Good evening all, I think skin type matters a lot, I use Johnson's head to toe shampoo and body wash for my baby then ori(Shea butter) and native palm kernel oil for her skin and she has never had any reactions not Ella not nappy rash, I even interchange the body wash with the tablet soap and her skin is awesome. I have being reading about Johnson's here and the effect so I am just wondering maybe it is just the skin type that matters P.S. my baby is 4months
. Yes, if you get the original Johnson product they are nice. I just love it, some persons don't know there is johnsons Usa,south africa,and UK so depending on what you got,i have being using Johnson Usa and no reaction.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esteria(f): 9:05am On Aug 01, 2015
@Rashomo, she already has 2 lower teeth at 6month loling. She started cutting d 1st upper tooth at 8month which has finally emerged fully at 9months. I believe its d 2nd upper tooth dat wants to cut tru now.

I jst don't like teething periods, wish it will jst b painless *smile*

Tnx again, I sincerely apr8.

Rashomo:

ok... am sure is teething, u shd understand d nature of her teething by nw.. u mean she has upper tooth first..hmm,big girl

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummy2be: 9:28am On Aug 01, 2015
modath:

Hallo,

you are welcome how is lil king?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 10:08am On Aug 01, 2015
FINA4804:
. Yes, if you get the original Johnson product they are nice. I just love it, some persons don't know there is johnsons Usa,south africa,and UK so depending on what you got,i have being using Johnson Usa and no reaction.

I live in the UK and only some white babies here can use Johnson successfully. Their product is full of parabens. I guess you are one of the lucky few whose babies don't react to Johnson. If it works you, stick to it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.