Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4404004 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2015
franky2013:
Pear is like apple n avocado is avocado grin. I make avocado puree for my LO too but I always end up eating d other part , undecidedno b only them need am o, we self need am lolll

yea. that's true. thanks. my baby really enjoyed the avocado. mixed it with most of his meals n it made eating time more fruitful smiley

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 8:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
Gr8fulHeart:

My baby uses nutrilac. Its available, its ard 500-600. has diff flavours, banana, wheat, maize, honey,3fruits etc my baby prefers d wheat and 3fruits flavour. U can decide nt to add milk cos it has milk alrdy

Pls, how many grammes is that tin?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
joyousf:

yea. that's true. thanks. my baby really enjoyed the avocado. mixed it with most of his meals n it made eating time more fruitful smiley

ma'm, lyk wat meal can u miss it with..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 06, 2015
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 7:56am On Oct 06, 2015
@ rezzy, its 400g

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 9:33am On Oct 06, 2015
Ma'am rezzy,i noticed that you're always floatin with formulars concernin your lo.pls like someone suggested,what works for baby A,dusnt mean it would work for baby K.pks study your baby,and get the right infant formular.regards to your LO

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 9:45am On Oct 06, 2015
Mothers in the house o, has anyone had to resign from work to take care of her baby and then got back to work wen the baby was older? I want to do this but with unemployment wahala, should I just endure with nannies or just resign. My baby isn't getting the care she deserves.
Advice pls, I am confused.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 06, 2015
mitche15:
Mothers in the house o, has anyone had to resign from work to take care of her baby and then got back to work wen the baby was older? I want to do this but with unemployment wahala, should I just endure with nannies or just resign. My baby isn't getting the care she deserves.
discuss with your HR, they might have program that suit you. I had to take 1 year unpaid to take care of my kids and atleast I still have a job.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 10:58am On Oct 06, 2015
mitche15:

You and your husband should extensively discuss the advantages and disadvantages of living on one income for the period you project you will stay home with the baby.

Bear in mind it may mean cutting down on many things including trips to the salon and perhaps luxury wears and so on(in some cases not all the time though). Some women also are challenged by having to be suddenly dependent on their spouse for any and everything.

Prayerfully make your decision, the baby's welfare is well worth the sacrifice in the long run.

i feel your frustrations, many times I've been tempted to call it quits and i don't even have a baby at the moment!!! With God on your side, you'd be able to continue your career from where you left off should you decide to resign now.

It can also be a good time to begin to explore entrepreneurship options and so on.

Good luck with which ever you decide

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 11:09am On Oct 06, 2015
mimibe:
discuss with your HR, they might have program that suit you. I had to take 1 year unpaid to take care of my kids and atleast I still have a job.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see/hear that this option exists in Lagos.... I wish more employers would do this. It's common place in some other parts of the world to give paid maternity leave for a year!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 11:18am On Oct 06, 2015
sheweezy:
Good evening mothers. Please I need help with my 4 months old son who doesn't like eating including breastmilk o. What can I do. Even wellkid did not work and he is getting lean. So confused.

Has he always been this way?

Have you tried feeding him smaller quantities and perhaps waiting for longer hours so you'd be sure he's hungry and able to eat even if a few spoons at a time?

Is it bottles you feed him with or spoon? You can alternate this to see which one he's more comfortable with.

Introduce meals like yoghurt and different flavours of cereal( a little at a time) to see if that helps. One mum here was saying she added avocado to her son's pap and he enjoyed it. Blend apples into pap or try giving him plain.

Fussy eaters can be a tough nut to crack i can only advice that you keep at the efforts but introduce new things one at a time.

Some children are social eaters i.e will only eat when others are eating, you can see if that's the case. Try and get other people to feed him too sometimes, he may eat better in some cases its a case of *see finish* of the mums!

May God be with you grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 11:38am On Oct 06, 2015
mitche15:
Motherhood is really nt easy. I think ur baby's welfare shld come first? wots d nature of ur current job? who looks after d baby nw? schl abi nanny? u need to consider various alternatives first, b4 u decide.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 1:29pm On Oct 06, 2015
Good day mothers, please come to my aid ooo one of my nipple is sore n painful, I cant even breastfeed with it n now its full n paining me.pls what can I use fore d soreness cos d area is so red n any attempt to feed my baby on it can crack it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 1:41pm On Oct 06, 2015
missmalachi:
Good day mothers, please come to my aid ooo one of my nipple is sore n painful, I cant even breastfeed with it n now its full n paining me.pls what can I use fore d soreness cos d area is so red n any attempt to feed my baby on it can crack it.

Petroleum jelly or lanolin jelly/cream. Pele wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bheambo(f): 1:54pm On Oct 06, 2015
missmalachi:

you can try & express breast milk to feed ur baby while ur nipples heal. you can also buy lanolin cream frm the pharmacy. also whenever you feed your baby, always try & air-dry your nipples b4 putting on your bra. also apply breast milk on the nipple, it can help heal it faster.
sorry

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 2:24pm On Oct 06, 2015
missmalachi:
Mama sorry o. You just have to continue bf your LO or express and feed him until it heals. Use a nipple cream after each feeding even when it heals to avoid any soreness or cracks and lastly make sure your baby is latching properly( the whole nipple and a good portion of your areola is in his mouth) everytime.
You can take paracetamol for the pain.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 3:23pm On Oct 06, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Motherhood is really nt easy. I think ur baby's welfare shld come first? wots d nature of ur current job? who looks after d baby nw? schl abi nanny? u need to consider various alternatives first, b4 u decide.

mitche15:

I support Tchiwnnie's suggestion. which are you not comfortable with? the nanny at creche or home nanny? if its a home nanny - she can be changed and if its a creche, you can change your baby's creche or make a report to the school authority - after all you're paying for it.

There's another option, which some of my colleague use. They bring their nanny and baby along to work, because we have a cozy lounge in the office where they use. This way they can monitor the nanny and correct any anomaly. I didn't go with this option because i didnt want friends and colleagues carrying my baby, so i chose creche. But recently, i didn't like the attitude from one of the caregivers to the babies and i made an anonymous report about it to the school authority. (anonymous so my baby wont be victimized) The next day this particular nanny was removed from the creche and replaced with someone else.

Truth be told, we cant expect perfection from them, no one can take care of our babies better than us. Resigning from work is not that easy, it changes a lot of things especially when hubby's income alone cannot suffice.
Kindly consider other options before resigning. Its well with you dear.

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Megilicious(f): 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2015
Pls my 5mths+ baby has serious temperature and cattarh and has been a lot fussy n crying all d tym, gav her paracetamol last9t, n dis morning bonabebe n vit c, pls she has neva had fever wit carttarh b4 is it signs of teething? N is bona babe good 4her?
Also dh bought her teething powder n am nt sure dunno, coz afta d powdwer in d evening she started running temp. Pls wat can I do 2 hlp her. Sorry 4 d epistle
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2015
ahnie:
Ma'am rezzy,i noticed that you're always floatin with formulars concernin your lo.pls like someone suggested,what works for baby A,dusnt mean it would work for baby K.pks study your baby,and get the right infant formular.regards to your LO

My Baby is 11 months and doesn't eat adult food. He doesn't suck either. I give him NAN formula and cerelac. His formula remains NaN until he is 1 next month.
Dh said from next month he will reduce the amount he gives me for his baby food that I should force him to eat adult food.

So I'm actually looking for baby food that is cheap and good.

He even said he won't give me money for cerelac for our next baby., that it is pap all the way. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 5:57pm On Oct 06, 2015
@ babythugg, @ bheambo, @ beryl15
Thank you so much, I appreciate.i have express the milk from the particular bosom and I have sent for the cream also.hopefully it will be ok by tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 11:30pm On Oct 06, 2015
Rashomo:

ma'm, lyk wat meal can u miss it with..

I don't actually go with any ideal thing as such. I just try diff things o. first time, I gave him the avocado alone. next time I mixed it with his moimoi. another time with his mashed potatoes. other times with mashed rice. the nice buttery texture most likely makes it much easier for him to swallow his meals. Just my thoughts sha.

Just try it with some of your baby's meals and see what he/she likes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 5:55am On Oct 07, 2015
Megilicious:
Pls my 5mths+ baby has serious temperature and cattarh and has been a lot fussy n crying all d tym, gav her paracetamol last9t, n dis morning bonabebe n vit c, pls she has neva had fever wit carttarh b4 is it signs of teething? N is bona babe good 4her?
Also dh bought her teething powder n am nt sure dunno, coz afta d powdwer in d evening she started running temp. Pls wat can I do 2 hlp her. Sorry 4 d epistle

I read here dat bonababe n d likes is a no no 4 babies,cos they all contain pcm...So instead of giving ur baby bonababe n pcm u can give her pcm only...And I learnt dat teething powder is better....Not so sure sha cos I dnt ve d xperience yet,make I no come give person mama wrong info.cheesycheesycheesy

cc: Nurse kaffy,babythugg,joyousf n oda sabi mamas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 6:01am On Oct 07, 2015
Good morning mamas. Abeg me n cattarh dey drag something lol,which meds I fit take wey dey safe 4me? I no wan kobalise my lil proudy undecided
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 6:24am On Oct 07, 2015
joyousf:

I don't actually go with any ideal thing as such. I just try diff things o. first time, I gave him the avocado alone. next time I mixed it with his moimoi. another time with his mashed potatoes. other times with mashed rice. the nice buttery texture most likely makes it much easier for him to swallow his meals. Just my thoughts sha.

thanks ma, i will try dat
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pwettytemmy(f): 7:51am On Oct 07, 2015
good morning Sabi mamas. Pls my DS is exactly 8 weeks today and he hasn't poo for three days now. though other mamas for my street told me its normal but I'm scared. Pls is this normal?
Another thing is that he's always rubbing his mouth with his fist. I want to know if he's not too small for teething.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 8:35am On Oct 07, 2015
Megilicious:

Bonababe and teething powders r big NO,paracetamol is better. Ao is ur baby now. Pls if the fever persist, take her to d hosp

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 8:37am On Oct 07, 2015
joyousf:

Mama hw old is ur baby? How do u my his Moimoi. Tx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 8:38am On Oct 07, 2015
pwettytemmy:
good morning Sabi mamas. Pls my DS is exactly 8 weeks today and he hasn't poo for three days now. though other mamas for my street told me its normal but I'm scared. Pls is this normal?
Another thing is that he's always rubbing his mouth with his fist. I want to know if he's not too small for teething.

Is ur baby on Exclusive breastfeeding? If yes, u hv nothing to worry about. They can even go for 1 week without pooing. Just ensure u burp him well after each feed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 8:41am On Oct 07, 2015
proudmom38:
Good morning mamas. Abeg me n cattarh dey drag something lol,which meds I fit take wey dey safe 4me? I no wan kobalise my lil proudy undecided

I wil go wit lots of fluid,fruits especially oranges and also vit c tablets. Try to stay off cold too! Take pcm for headache/pains. My love to lil proudy and proud dad, bn ages we heard frm him... hope dis helps

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 9:50am On Oct 07, 2015
Megilicious:
Throw d bonababe and teething powder away. Do u hv a thermometer? Wots his temp?Any cough? If d fever has persisted for up to 2days despite pcm, go to d hsptl.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 9:58am On Oct 07, 2015
Pls mamas can 6 months & above take coconut milk and also pineapple juice that is naturally extracted?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Megilicious(f): 10:09am On Oct 07, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Bonababe and teething powders r big NO,paracetamol is better. Ao is ur baby now. Pls if the fever persist, take her to d hosp

She is better now, bt she was warm alil last 9t o. Hmmmm I tink she was suffering frm miSsing daddy syndrom lol coz immediately d dad cme back frm work n carried her she immediately stopped all forms of cryn haaaaa she evn slept on his back imagine, "he backed her" given her pcm n vitc dis morning, she has been bfd n we're watchn tv.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.