Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (575) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4412376 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2016
morenitemi:
Good day mamas, please I need your experience on this matter. My 10months DS is super active and once we are outdoor he loves to be freed because stay indoors mostly . We went for a church programme yesterday and after holding him for an hour plus he cried to be free and rejected all toys because he wanted to play around and people started looking at our direction as he was joyfully playing around laughing and screaming. Two men out of the people sitting close to us scolded him and told us it is too early for him to want to have his way and he love to play too much. That we should be beating him and not letting him play alot because if we don't correct him at this age it will be difficult later. I and hubby felt bad and embarrassed at the end of the programme. Please, I need advice or suggestions on how to curtail his activeness.
If it were me I will in like manner tell them to stick their opinion where the sun don't shine! angry What rubbish. Nobody should ever make you feel like you are a bad parent or guilty of how you raise your child! For heaven's sake he is still a baby! God punish the person that will tell me to beat my son as a way of teaching him manners. Who beating epp? With all the beating my mama give me for this life I am still as stubborn and head strong as when I was a baby!

Children are full of energy and need to find an avenue to let it all out so let him play! Or do they expect a baby to sit and listen to sermon? The organisers should have made provision for families that will be attending where the children can be kept and looked after without interrupting the adults.

I always make enquiry for this and if it's not available my son stays home or dropped off some where. You and your DH shouldn't in anyway feel embarrassed it's those two moronic nincompoops that should be ashamed for suggesting you beat a 10 month old.

14 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phameous: 3:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
Mamas please come to my rescue.
My baby is 2 days away from 7weeks, she has dis red rash all over her body, plus one tin dat looks like scales around her front hairline (very heavy scales) and evn inside her hair.

First it was alefo (abi oko rice dey call it) i did nothing about it cuz it went on its own. And imediately this eela came up.
Cant witstand it anymor, anyone eva had such xperience? Pls share; i need remedies asap.. plsssssss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AdaBiafra(f): 3:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
Gudafternoon Mamas in the house. Pls, help me out on dis. Has anyone used "GOLD ORGANIC MILK POWDER" b/4. How safe is it 4 a 10months +old baby, my hubby bought it dis afternoon. I'm waiting 4 ur response.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mzfunshy(f): 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
zaynie:

Feed till he empties one breast (should take like 15 minutes ) before moving on to the next one.

He's so hyper he doesn't stay still. Even yl bfing, he doesn't stay long. Have tried forcing him many times, he'll just start crying.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 4:31pm On Jul 29, 2016
phameous:
My baby is 2 days away from 7weeks, she has dis red rash all over her body, plus one tin dat looks like scales around her front hairline (very heavy scales) and evn inside her hair.

First it was alefo (abi oko rice dey call it) i did nothing about it cuz it went on its own. And imediately this eela came up.
Cant witstand it anymor, anyone eva had such xperience? Pls share; i need remedies asap.. plsssssss
It's cradle cap! I used Chicco massage oil which contains rice bran for my baby's own! I apply generously and then comb it comes off easily.
Can you upload a picture of the rash? So we can have a better and guided opinion because babys encounter a variety of reddish rashes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aim07(f): 4:33pm On Jul 29, 2016
Many thanks to u zaynie, she takes cereals like twice daily cos she takes other food too. Mostly she eats three times daily with fruit juce, biscuit and egg in between. she sucks in between too. I will the "warm water water method" to see how it goes. Thanks for ur response, e-hugs
zaynie:

When Atinuke first started eating solids she didn't poop for 3 days and by the time she did, it was so hard and painful that she cried.
What I did:
1. Warm water. First thing in the morning. About 100ml. Truth be told, by force feeding cos she will not want to drink that much water.
2. She should drink as much as she eats. You can lace with ribena to sweeten.
3. Make her cereals more watery. Same scoops as recommended but more water. Feeding will be a lot more messier.
4. Pineapples, watermelon and the really chaffy part of oranges should be included in diet. Also oat meals.
5. How often is the feeding? Cereals are kinda filling so I don't go more than like 4 times per day at most. Ideally your baby needs just one more feed more than yours as long as she feeds well. So 4 basic feedings with snacks, fruits, breastmilk and tea in between.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 4:40pm On Jul 29, 2016
mzfunshy:

He's so hyper he doesn't stay still. Even yl bfing, he doesn't stay long. Have tried forcing him many times, he'll just start crying.

Do you feed on demand or time?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by IryNky: 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
@zaynie pls help with dat palm oil remedy for cough again my baby has been coughing for 5 days now. Tired of doing drugs with her just nid a natural remedy. She is 4months. Tanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 8:55pm On Jul 29, 2016
morenitemi:
Good day mamas, please I need your experience on this matter. My 10months DS is super active and once we are outdoor he loves to be freed because stay indoors mostly . We went for a church programme yesterday and after holding him for an hour plus he cried to be free and rejected all toys because he wanted to play around and people started looking at our direction as he was joyfully playing around laughing and screaming. Two men out of the people sitting close to us scolded him and told us it is too early for him to want to have his way and he love to play too much. That we should be beating him and not letting him play alot because if we don't correct him at this age it will be difficult later. I and hubby felt bad and embarrassed at the end of the programme. Please, I need advice or suggestions on how to curtail his activeness.
Abeg don't mind them o, my DS is also 10months old and he does same thing. He always want to be free whenever we r outside/church. U need to see how children play in d church cos the nursing mothers sit at d back.
To hell with anybody that give me that kind of advice o.
Am not sure they have growing up kids at home.
And na their children they rot/spoil pass.
my advice is for u to always sit at d back there is nothing u can do to curtail him at dat stage.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:22pm On Jul 29, 2016
IryNky:
@zaynie pls help with dat palm oil remedy for cough again my baby has been coughing for 5 days now. Tired of doing drugs with her just nid a natural remedy. She is 4months. Tanks

A cube of St Louis sugar crushed in palm oil, not too watery or thick and give half a teaspoon 2-3 hours apart.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 9:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
mzfunshy:
Hello mamas. Pls how do I make my 6 mth old Ds get enof hind milk. His poo is green and google says he's not gtn enof hind milk.

Pls wat do I do? all sabi mamas
let him empty d breast during breastfeeding. At 6 months, he shld be taking other food by nw. u may also need to increase frequency of feeds
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 9:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
ginababy:
I salute all the mamas in the house.

Pls help me touch light dis mata abeg.

Is it right to formula feed my baby all tru d night? We r just 6wks old.
Secondly, my ds's stomach rumbles soo much n he poos only ones a day n fart a lot. Shud I b worry + wat do I need to do?
Cc all the sabi mamas
@6wks, I ll say breastfeed at night instead of formulae feeding. Abt the stomach and stooling/farting no need to worry. Doesn't sound like there s a problem at all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 9:56pm On Jul 29, 2016
@morenitemi, pls ignore those men and any1 wt such advice. I don't think they hv kids at home. a child shld be allowed to be a child. is it when he grows up that he ll play? Abeg allow d guy to express him jare.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by IryNky: 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2016
zaynie:

A cube of St Louis sugar crushed in palm oil, not too watery or thick and give half a teaspoon 2-3 hours apart.
tanks mama zaynie will try dat.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 7:57am On Jul 30, 2016
zaynie:

Can't stop laughing here.
So na on top Zaynie head you want put all the blame..... cheesy.
Palm oil is good na.

#ConfessionTime

Yes na. grin smiley kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ginababy(f): 11:52am On Jul 30, 2016
tchiwinnie:
@6wks, I ll say breastfeed at night instead of formulae feeding. Abt the stomach and stooling/farting no need to worry. Doesn't sound like there s a problem at all

Tnx dearie. We started bfing last night.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 12:30pm On Jul 30, 2016
Aim07:
Mamas gud morning o, pls help me answer question
Where can I get prune juice? My 7months ol d baby is constipated cos her poo is very hard most times in pellets form, she poos like once in 3days or none self. I am feeding her with cerelac, nutribom, pap, potatoes, semo with ewedu, beans. I do give her orange juice almost everyday, also water melon too. I use my boy eldorin as her formula but intend to change to Nan 2 may be it will stop her constipation. I give her water from time to time

I read on Google that prune juice helps to relieve constipation, please
What is prune juice?
Where and how can I get prune juice?

And if u have tried other things that work for please share with me. #thanksamwaitingforresponse#

cc Liftedhands, zaynie, BritneyStacy, Cherrymum, ozycy, tyconcepts, ginababy and all sabi magmas

Prunes are essentially dried plums.

Thats an example of prunes in pouch.
I have used prune juice as an adult and it is very effective.
So for Alphababy i use with caution and Ellas kitchen is one of the more expensive baby food brands.

One pouch lasts me about a week. As i use only a bit every other day and freeze the rest in ice cube trays to use later.
I get 4 -5 portions of "ice cubes" per pack.

Sorry dont know if they selĺ this in naija or how much it might be. If anyone knows.... please contribute!

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mzfunshy(f): 12:32pm On Jul 30, 2016
zaynie:

Do you feed on demand or time?

I feed on demand.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mzfunshy(f): 12:35pm On Jul 30, 2016
tchiwinnie:
let him empty d breast during breastfeeding. At 6 months, he shld be taking other food by nw. u may also need to increase frequency of feeds

Yes, he takes nutribén, pap and nutribom (oats and banana with apple). I'll increase his no of feeds then. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 2:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 2:22pm On Jul 30, 2016
phameous:

The hair scally scalp is called cradle cap,when my babies had it,all I did was apply generous amount of olive oil like 20 minutes before bathtime,then shampoo the hair while bathing,then comb. Before you do it like two to three times ,they will all fall off.
Pele don't be tired,they are adjusting to life outside the womb
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esteria(f): 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2016
Gudday my sabi mamas, pls help me! My 21months old DD hs bin on vitane multivitamin nd jst recently she has bin pooping sm hrs afta eating, although d poopoo is a normal type. She eats 3x in a day nd will poop 3x. Pls I dnt know if there's anybody who has experienced this. Pls is it normal?
Tnx nd God bless u all.

Cc: tchiwinnie, nurse kaffy nd other experienced mothers
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mati4christ: 5:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
zaynie:
MyConfession

I remember when Moyo was like just 6months or so. We both went to Abuja for an interview, we slept at a friend's and if you see kain mountain bed they had, you will fear. Moyo being a restless sleeper fell off the tall bed onto tiled floor..... I remember trying to grab him and screaming really loud. I couldn't sleep all through the night.... I kept checking to see if he was ok. Kept testing if all his milestones were still retained..... I have never been that scared before in my life.

Never told anyone till he was 3 lipsrsealed

I cn sooo relate wt ds......I cnt forget it. Tho mine ws in ma room, went to d sitting room to gt smtin n b4 I knew it I heard booom.she gave a loud long cry dt took sm minutes b4 she gada strent to continue...... I felt soooooo bad. In fact i had to use tape to measure d height of ma bed na DAT day I knw say ma bed high. Diff thots of wot if......... Twasnt funny.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adeime: 5:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hello mamas great to officially announced my membership gave birth on the 25th and I'm seeing mama zaynie n liftedhands here again grin kiss grin may God bless you so ure not just active on d pregnancy thread
Anyways my 6 day old baby has ipin on his eyes how do I clear it, I've heard of breast milk pls how do I apply it. Tnx

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phameous: 6:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
Liftedhands:
It's cradle cap! I used Chicco massage oil which contains rice bran for my baby's own! I apply generously and then comb it comes off easily.
Can you upload a picture of the rash? So we can have a better and guided opinion because babys encounter a variety of reddish rashes.

Thnxx...the oil remedy is working fine

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phameous: 6:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
dexterush:

The hair scally scalp is called cradle cap,when my babies had it,all I did was apply generous amount of olive oil like 20 minutes before bathtime,then shampoo the hair while bathing,then comb. Before you do it like two to three times ,they will all fall off.
Pele don't be tired,they are adjusting to life outside the womb

Thnxxx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 8:50pm On Jul 30, 2016
Adeime:
Hello mamas great to officially announced my membership gave birth on the 25th and I'm seeing mama zayn.ie n lift.edhands here again grin kiss grin may God bless you so ure not just active on d pregnancy thread
Anyways my 6 day old baby has ipin on his eyes how do I clear it, I've heard of breast milk pls how do I apply it. Tnx
You are welcome here mama!
I've got no idea what ipin is lipsrsealed grin is it like slimy stuff that gathers at the corners of the eyes
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adeime: 9:48pm On Jul 30, 2016
Yes ma'am
Liftedhands:
You are welcome here mama!
I've got no idea what ipin is lipsrsealed grin is it like slimy stuff that gathers at the corners of the eyes
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aim07(f): 10:05pm On Jul 30, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

Prunes are essentially dried plums.

Thats an example of prunes in pouch.
I have used prune juice as an adult and it is very effective.
So for Alphababy i use with caution and Ellas kitchen is one of the more expensive baby food brands.

One pouch lasts me about a week. As i use only a bit every other day and freeze the rest in ice cube trays to use later.
I get 4 -5 portions of "ice cubes" per pack.

Sorry dont know if they selĺ this in naija or how much it might be. If anyone knows.... please contribute!

thanks a lot, have been told I can get it in shop rite
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 3:33am On Jul 31, 2016
esteria:
Gudday my sabi mamas, pls help me! My 21months old DD hs bin on vitane multivitamin nd jst recently she has bin pooping sm hrs afta eating, although d poopoo is a normal type. She eats 3x in a day nd will poop 3x. Pls I dnt know if there's anybody who has experienced this. Pls is it normal?
Tnx nd God bless u all.

Cc: tchiwinnie, nurse kaffy nd other experienced mothers

You don't want her to poopoo? grin It's not watery and frequent, please free the pikin!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 3:34am On Jul 31, 2016
Adeime:
Yes ma'am

Just wipe off the ipin gently with cotton wool and warm water!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 6:04am On Jul 31, 2016
Aim07:
Mamas gud morning o, pls help me answer question
Where can I get prune juice? My 7months ol d baby is constipated cos her poo is very hard most times in pellets form, she poos like once in 3days or none self. I am feeding her with cerelac, nutribom, pap, potatoes, semo with ewedu, beans. I do give her orange juice almost everyday, also water melon too. I use my boy eldorin as her formula but intend to change to Nan 2 may be it will stop her constipation . I give her water from time to time

I read on Google that prune juice helps to relieve constipation, please
What is prune juice?
Where and how can I get prune juice?

And if u have tried other things that work for please share with me. #thanksamwaitingforresponse#
s

Her meal choices aren't bad but there's must be something responsible for the constipation. It's either the cerealac (it's quite sugary) or the formula.

Stop the cerealac and continue with the water melon and water and see if there are any changes. If none, then try another formula brand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.