Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,435 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391537 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 8:42am On Jul 25, 2016
zaynie:

O God!
I don laugh tire for here o..
How soup wan take wound Zino?
cheesy
Lol am just imagining if maybe the soup was on top of something and she dragged it down and the pot may even hit her or soup pout on her head or eye or even hot soup at 4am grin that's why I said thank GOD the soup didn't wound her.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Shinin2011: 9:43am On Jul 25, 2016
PLS HELP A FTM WITH TWINS

hello mamas in the house,
I just had my babies (beautiful girls) two weeks ago but I have inadequate flow of breast milk.

they are on formula currently. I need suggestions on how to aid the flow of breast milk pls.

I am so worried about their health and growth cos the formula makes it difficult for them to poo even after warm water is given to them.

P.S . I eat healthy and on multivitamins as well.

cc: all mamas
Zaynie heloveme tchiwinnie ozycy AlphaHandMaiden

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bisoye82: 11:07am On Jul 25, 2016
ahnie:
Help!help!!help!!!
My 13months baby z wearing me out ooo
She z always awake every 4am in the morning...Beating my curtails n pans in the kitchen whilst shouting jesus!jesus!jesus!jesus!jesus!

Oh mummy jesus!jesus!jesus
Now she has added fire fire fire fire fire to the jesus jesus chanting collabo.
Jesus jesus jesus jesus fire fire fire pawpaw pawpaw pawpaw.
Pls what shud i do to cub it!
The painful part was cry zino threw away a rich pot of soup yesterday in this buhari regime cry cry
I just couldn't walk away grin grin grin
Mummy she is more spiritually inclined therefore I suggest you take it up as a challenge o tongue
Tip:go to bed early so that when she wakes up praying you àre not sleep walking/morose grin and you join her and make it your quiet time as well.
Kisses to her.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bisoye82: 11:19am On Jul 25, 2016
Shinin2011:
I just had my babies (beautiful girls) two weeks ago but I have inadequate flow of breast milk.
they are on formula currently. I need suggestions on how to aid the flow of breast milk pls.
I am so worried about their health and growth cos the formula makes it difficult for them to poo even after warm water is given to them.
cc: all mamas
Zaynie heloveme tchiwinnie ozycy AlphaHandMaiden
Congratulations momma
Take a deep breath and don't stress about it.
Always put them to the breast even if it's for 5 mins before they start crying.try to eat a balanced diet,drink lots of water too.there's a supplement for it as well.ask in a reputable pharmacy.
@difficult poo-make sure you are preparing the formula according to the instructions on the can,no jara milk on top.in my own case,my son reacts but his twin sister doesn't.Also give them water at intervals not only when they are having a poo.
Take care of yourself.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Shinin2011: 11:42am On Jul 25, 2016
@ Bisoye82 thanks a lot for your suggestions... will try the water at intervals.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by moonert(f): 12:23pm On Jul 25, 2016
Good afternoon experienced mammas in d house. okay I recently got a job n my baby is 5months old on EBF. I want to introduce him to baby food but don't know which one to choose.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokolet007(f): 3:24pm On Jul 25, 2016
Hello mama in the house, I'm a FTM with 5weeks old baby please what supplement can I use to help my skin and health...Thnks for ur suggestion
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 3:30pm On Jul 25, 2016
Shinin2011:

Congrats on the birth of your twins.

With formula, I always go a scoop less than what's stated on the tin. For example, if the tin states 7 scoops for 200ml, I use six scoops. This is what has worked for my son. No constipation at all.

I remember that Mama ekene - liftedhands has also stated on this thread that she uses the same method for her son. You can try this method and see if it works for you. The instructions on the tin "is only a guide" and there's room for mums to tweak it as they deem fit.

You can try taking lots of hot meals such as oats, semo and hot chocolate (milo, bournvita and the likes). Massaging your boobs with warm water and also getting your twins to suck often also helps with milk production.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by christybabe(f): 3:37pm On Jul 25, 2016
Good afternoon mama's, it feels good to be here, and I can see my senior mama's from Preggy thread.

Mama's like @ Zaynie, Liftedhands, ahnie, Ozycy, tchiwinnie, babythug, AlphaHandMaiden, rezzy , tyconcepts, ginababy, even my cappo Mitchy, and other sabi mama's. I salute u all oo. Pls keep up the good work mama's.

I want to official join the newborn thread, pls is there any dues to be paid and who is incharge here.
Thanks mama's. Baby Bryan says hi to you all.

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2016
Shinin2011:
@ Bisoye82 thanks a lot for your suggestions... will try the water at intervals.

I follow Helovesme's method and then I increase the number of feeds by 1 and no constipation till date.
Warm water first thing in the morning helps too. Not a few drops o, like 20ml.

For you, have you tried Fenugreek? Heard it works wonders.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 4:18pm On Jul 25, 2016
Welcome Christybabe...... no dues here o but as plenty people dey request am.... lipsrsealed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2016
christybabe:
Good afternoon mama's, it feels good to be here, and I can see my senior mama's from Preggy thread.

Mama's like @ Zaynie, Liftedhands, ahnie, Ozycy, tchiwinnie, babythug, AlphaHandMaiden, rezzy , tyconcepts, ginababy, even my cappo Mitchy, and other sabi mama's. I salute u all oo. Pls keep up the good work mama's.

I want to official join the newborn thread, pls is there any dues to be paid and who is incharge here.

Welcome dear wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ginababy(f): 5:56pm On Jul 25, 2016
christybabe:

Welcome swthrt. No dues here dearie. Enjoy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 7:30pm On Jul 25, 2016
ozycy:

Bia mummy Zino, leave me let me sleep this night ooo, laf wan throw me for ground ooo grin. You and Zino are supposed to be acting comedy film. Ahhhh
Sorry for your pot of soup.
But what can you do , maybe feed her heavily at night so she can sleep till day break, lock your kitchen door or remove those things out of her reach. Just thank your GOD that soup didn't wound zino
mehn that baby z a mini geepee miniature tank grin.i always feed her before she sleeps...then refeed her again by 12am...but i stopped feedin her 12am..reasons bein she z always cryin and struggling inbtw meals...so i aborted it.as per lockin the kitchen door...dat z a waste of time.anyways thnks for yur solutions.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 8:09pm On Jul 25, 2016
@christybabe, you are welcome
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by christybabe(f): 9:15pm On Jul 25, 2016
Thanks @ Zaynie, babythug, ginababy and rezzy. Good to know that there are no dues to be paid here. Lemme relax then.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutestmummy: 2:08am On Jul 26, 2016
zionx:
Thanks so much Mamas... Your word goes a long way in making me feel better. This cross is heavy but I pray the Holy Spirit help me to carry it and comfort me. I will stay strong for his son. I pray that may the peace of God reign in our country so that his death will not be in vain. Continue to rest in peace, my dearest husband... I will always miss you. I know when your son hears this story, he will be proud to say his dad laid his life for the peace of this country. Even though you lived a short life, you touched the life of so many people. The time we spent together was so short but it was as if we have spent eternity together. You were a loving and caring husband and father. Continue to rest in the bosom of the Almighty God, my gallant officer.....@babythug, soonest, alphahandmaiden, liftedhands, zaynie, madameU, everfaithfulGod, stadora, rezzy, joysa, Jennifer89, comtem2011, presVA, 4realwoman, loisemm, fortius, zheemub, mumsgirl27, goldenruby, onegai, temmy2103, barag, cutiereborn, maureensylvia, aim07 , ahnie, nggie, marisley, jazzyjazz, pacypatty, tracysparkle, helovesme, ozycy, mamaoo, favoredgal, cherrymum1, destwrush, besea, proudmum, irynky, mompurity2, nezzel, rofemiguwa, airforcewife, adabiafra, genyebere, shiller., beyedew......I appreciate you Mamas.
be Strong, the Lord Will console u,pls take heart

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Shinin2011: 3:34am On Jul 26, 2016
thanks so much mamas zaynie and helovesme

pls help me @zaynie with the local name of the fenugreek plant/seed and the possible places I can find it in Nigeria
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by IryNky: 5:12pm On Jul 26, 2016
Mamas I greet oh. Pls do child spacing drugs cease menses. Just confused
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 6:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
christybabe:

Mama's like @ Zay.nie, Lifted.hands, ah.nie, Ozy.cy, tchi.winnie, baby thug, Alpha.HandMaiden, re.zzy , tyco.ncepts, gina.baby, even my cappo Mitchy, and other sabi mama's. I salute u all oo. Pls keep up the good work mama's.

Welcome teamie!!! cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GodMercy2015: 6:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
Good evening mamas in the house, officially registering myself. May mama that ported to April. Baby boy is now 3months. Abeg mamas is anything called over weight in babies cause my lo now weighs 8.2kg at 3months. He is on formula and breast milk.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2016
GodMercy2015:
Good evening mamas in the house, officially registering myself. May mama that ported to April. Baby boy is now 3months. Abeg mamas is anything called over weight in babies cause my lo now weighs 8.2kg at 3months. He is on formula and breast milk.

8.2kg at 3 months?. shocked shocked shocked

I think that is over weight oh! That is a typical naija 6 month old who is in the big side sef.....more muscle to your biceps!

What was his birth weight first of all?
How often does he feed and how much do you feed him?

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GodMercy2015: 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

8.2kg at 3 months?. shocked shocked shocked

I think that is over weight oh! That is a typical naija 6 month old who is in the big side sef.....more muscle to your biceps!

What was his birth weight first of all?
How often does he feed and how much do you feed him?

His birthweight was 4.2kg and he takes 120mls formula 6 times in 24hrs and breast milk as it comes. Myself and hubby are on the bigside as well. Do I reduce his number of feeds per day?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2016
GodMercy2015:

His birthweight was 4.2kg and he takes 120mls formula 6 times in 24hrs and breast milk as it comes. Myself and hubby are on the bigside as well. Do I reduce his number of feeds per day?

Having the potential to be on the big side does not mean it is should be the expected normal or acceptable to be overweight.

It appears you might be overfeeding him as the formular you are giving him is already close to what an entirely formular fed baby would be taking. And then it also appears you are also breast feeding him on demand.

I know all babies are different and what works for one may not work for others but babies adjust to routine fairly well, even a pretty flexible one.
At that age, even though they say breastfeed on demand, please i am not a cow and i too need some form of structure to my day and not be perpertually plugged to a sucking baby so on a typical day i fed my lo by a timed schedule... 3-4 hour breast feeding intervals.. if she was cranky inbetween i would do all the other checks: nappy change? too hot?, too cold?, burp?, wind?, change position?, play?, rock to sleep?....if none of these work before i offer breast.

In my own opinion, each feed time has to be one or the other. Formular should be used to supplement breast feeding if you are using the 2 methods of feeding. Others may disagree.

Even if you feed him every 3 hours on the average that is about 8 feeds per typical day at most.
If he has 6 formular feeds then the breast feeding should be about 2 or 3 times only.

Personally i would say reduce his feeds to a specific number.... plus or minus 1 or 2 times as there will be days he will eat more than others.
Perhaps you can also halve the number of formula feeds to no more than 3 times a day. Formula is heavier so you may want to leave one of his formular feeds for just before he goes to bed.

Start by reducing it gradually over a week. Dropping a feed every 2 days till you get to your desired number. As the guy fit bite your nipple comot if you suddenly slash it all in one day! grin

13 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shiller(f): 3:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
Sabi mamas in d hse,una weldone ooo...please can I gv my 10months+ DS banana custard?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2016
@ahnie, lol. no b small matter o. First off u need to keep things out of her reach. u ll hv to mk a lot of adjustments. leave things way out of her reach. then u can get educative toys that can keep her busy. stacking toys, hopping ball, variety of puzzles etc. they ll kp her busy to an extent.
@GodMercy2015, let d boy b for nw. most likely when he starts moving around he ll burn off fat. He s still an infant, he never reach to dey do dieting biko.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 3:55pm On Jul 27, 2016
shiller:
Sabi mamas in d hse,una weldone ooo...please can I gv my 10months+ DS banana custard?
yes u can
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:10pm On Jul 27, 2016
I remove head dressing for you ma!

Chaii!

AlphaHandMaiden:

Having the potential to be on the big side does not mean it is should be the expected normal or acceptable to be overweight.

It appears you might be overfeeding him as the formular you are giving him is already close to what an entirely formular fed baby would be taking. And then it also appears you are also breast feeding him on demand.

I know all babies are different and what works for one may not work for others but babies adjust to routine fairly well, even a pretty flexible one.
At that age, even though they say breastfeed on demand, please i am not a cow and i too need some form of structure to my day and not be perpertually plugged to a sucking baby so on a typical day i fed my lo by a timed schedule... 3-4 hour breast feeding intervals.. if she was cranky inbetween i would do all the other checks: nappy change? too hot?, too cold?, burp?, wind?, change position?, play?, rock to sleep?....if none of these work before i offer breast.

In my own opinion, each feed time has to be one or the other. Formular should be used to supplement breast feeding if you are using the 2 methods of feeding. Others may disagree.

Even if you feed him every 3 hours on the average that is about 8 feeds per typical day at most.
If he has 6 formular feeds then the breast feeding should be about 2 or 3 times only.

Personally i would say reduce his feeds to a specific number.... plus or minus 1 or 2 times as there will be days he will eat more than others.
Perhaps you can also halve the number of formula feeds to no more than 3 times a day. Formula is heavier so you may want to leave one of his formular feeds for just before he goes to bed.

Start by reducing it gradually over a week. Dropping a feed every 2 days till you get to your desired number. As the guy fit bite your nipple comot if you suddenly slash it all in one day! grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sharon6(f): 11:13pm On Jul 27, 2016
Good evening Sabi Mamas, it's been a while and the twins says hi.
The twins will be 6 months on the 10th of August, funny how time flies and I'll like to know when babies legs are strong enough for a walker. Make una help me table the matter.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ginababy(f): 1:47am On Jul 28, 2016
I salute all the mamas in the house.

Pls help me touch light dis mata abeg.

Is it right to formula feed my baby all tru d night? We r just 6wks old.
Secondly, my ds's stomach rumbles soo much n he poos only ones a day n fart a lot. Shud I b worry + wat do I need to do?

Cc Zaynie
Cc ahnie
Cc Gaily04
Cc alphaHandMaiden
Cc tchiwinnie
Cc Liftedhands
Cc kaffy4bill
Cc fortius
Cc helovesme

Cc all the sabi mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 1:52am On Jul 28, 2016
ginababy:
I salute all the mamas in the house.

Pls help me touch light dis mata abeg.

Is it right to formula feed my baby all tru d night? We r just 6wks old.
Secondly, my ds's stomach rumbles soo much n he poos only ones a day. Shud I b worry + wat do I need to do? Make i drag them out

Oya make una cum out
And ansa mummy...ememem erm erm

I meant ginababy

Cc Zaynie
Cc ahnie
Cc Gaily04
Cc alphaHandMaiden
Cc twinniie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gigihealth: 1:53am On Jul 28, 2016
Diaper rash treatments can be carried out by keeping your baby's skin as dry and clean and dry at all times. A diaper rash is a common form of skin inflammation which appears as a patchwork of bright red skin on your baby's bottom. Click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/diaper-rash-treatments-what-does-it-look-like/

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.