Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4402014 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 8:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
babythug:

black soap typically has a drying effect on the skin. stop it for a while

Seconded. Black soap not recommended for dry skin.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
babythug:

My dear don't be annoyed please. previous sour experience has made me wary of many things! if i'm able to squeeze out something soon i will pm you!

God will make a way for us all!
tnks mumy babythug i understnd wer u ar comimg frm, am nt a scammer oh ur sista just need. thnks, i will email u my number oh aniday God Bless U Remember Me, Tnks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 8:44pm On Aug 24, 2016
@dunamit, this moniker is a regular, I think so. So sist i feel for you, but like someone said everybody is trying to stay strong. Just try and improvise as much as you can.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2016
blank:

Don't bother yourself. It's that scammer called Pourtmout, Temitope Mustapha

Have you got any proof to link the two IDs together ?

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 10:22pm On Aug 24, 2016
FINA4804:
@dunamit, this moniker is a regular, I think so. So sist i feel for you, but like someone said everybody is trying to stay strong. Just try and improvise as much as you can.
I think I have also seen this moniker before... May God be with you sis ND send helper your way
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 10:25pm On Aug 24, 2016
helovesme:

Have you got any proof to link the two IDs together ?

I do but I won't say before he changes his style. Take it from me, 100% pourtmout.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 10:44pm On Aug 24, 2016
I dunno, but in others sections, we have experienced monikers carefully laying down convincing background story for a while and then later on cashing in. Worse, one of the commenters on the thread will be one of their monikers, with a long established history on NL, trying to sway the public into believing or sending money. So everyone is now super-cautious and insistent on full vetting. No-one knows whom is innocent because of this.
If anyone decides to send anything, please do so at your own discretion. I don't vouch for anyone I don't know in real life. All I will give are suggestions. I wish Dunamit all the best during these trying times, hopefully she can work on some of the suggestions I made. She has internet data so she can browse and start working on those clothes.

Here's one such site: http://www.make-baby-stuff.com/baby-pants-baby-pattern.html

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 24, 2016
blank:

I do but I won't say before he changes his style. Take it from me, 100% pourtmout.
madam blank, am nt a scammer plss. do nt say wat u dnt knw pls, i av been on dis forum right frm wen i put 2 bed dat i need help today is dat wat hs made me a scammer? hmm it is well, pls cnduct ur investigation wel
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
FINA4804:
tnk u ohh at least u recognise me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MetroTee: 5:29am On Aug 25, 2016
Hello mummies in the house. I know this issue has been over flogged and I have read back to see foods we can give our LOs. But my question is: what do I FIRST give my baby after being exclusively breastfed? She turns 6 months next week. I already plan to puree the fruit and vegetable options given and also alternate with cereal. So do we start with fruits? Or cereal? And does she start drinking water same day?

Looks like alot of people start with bananas. And best time of day please... lunch? Dinner?

I must sound so naive. FTM here smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:04am On Aug 25, 2016
MetroTee:
Hello mummies in the house. I know this issue has been over flogged and I have read back to see foods we can give our LOs. But my question is: what do I FIRST give my baby after being exclusively breastfed? She turns 6 months next week. I already plan to puree the fruit and vegetable options given and also alternate with cereal. So do we start with fruits? Or cereal? And does she start drinking water same day?

Looks like alot of people start with bananas. And best time of day please... lunch? Dinner?

I must sound so naive. FTM here smiley Thank you so much for your responses

Cc: Onegai, babythug, zaynie, liftedhands, tchiwinnie, ozycy, helovesme and all other mums

You can start giving water a couple of weeks before. I did that purely because i wanted to start my lo at meal times with a cup instead of a sippy cup or bottle. So we had some training wih a cup prior to the actual start of weaning, so we are not struggling with to many new things at the same time.

For the actual food, start with one meal a day and gradually work up to 3, within a month or 2. You are essentially substituting a solid meal for a usual breast feed. Fruit or cereal doesnt really matter. Single flavours of fruit or veg are preferable at the start as it is easier to spot and identify any allergies to any foods as opposed to offering a mix of food and not knowing what they are reacting to.

Begin with a time that works best for you. I am not a morning person so i couldnt start weaning in my morning zombie mode! So we did it at lunchtime which was anytime between 12:00 and 15:00

If you want to also do baby led weaning later on and give finger foods, i would say do it just before they have their evening bath as it can be quite messy.

Just a few teaspoons at the start is considered a success. Then offer breast milk afterwards. This way as they eat more solids, they drink less milk

Also dont do it when the babies are super hungry or cranky as you will just be wasting your time.
If the baby is already wimpering or crying offer breast first, and then solids afterwards.

As a rough guide my current timetable is:

6:00 - 7:30 Wake up/ early morning milk feed
8:30- 9:30: breakfast - cereal/ fruit puree
11:00 - 11:30: milk feed
13:00 - 13:30 : lunch - usually containing meat or fish with a puree afterwards some times.
15:00 - 15:30 : milk feed
17:30 - 18:00: dinner - depending on my lazyness factor but mainly veg based.
18:30 -19:30 : milk feed after bath
20:30 - 21:30 : final milk feed before bed

You can tweak to suit youself. I try to give fruit at least once a day. If we dont have it with our breakfast cereal, we have it as second course at lunch or we use it at dinner time with some baby rice.

At about 8 months i introduced formular especially for our last night feed as i noticed my madam usually sleeps off on the breast. So i wanted to break that habit. Now she has her bottle of formular, burp and i put her down to sleep. After plenty rolling about she finally sleeps.

Then i am gradually substituting one of the milk feeds to formular or expressed milk from a bottle. now we are on early morning and just be after bathtime breast feed with the odd post lunch feed hear and there .

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Modification: when getting cereal, the creamy porridges already has milk in it. So its just to add water. However if getting other cereals you will have to use eithwr breastmilk or mix with formular milk.

12 Likes 12 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by barag(f): 8:31am On Aug 25, 2016
MetroTee:

Cc: Onegai, babythug, zaynie, liftedhands, tchiwinnie, ozycy, helovesme and all other mums

there's no particular food u should give FIRST.
some people start with formula, I started with fruits.

infact left to me by now u should have started putting small bits of food in her mouth so that she can get used to the different taste. shebi na next week she go turn 6 months. u don try na.

one word of caution is whenever u give her something new allow her get used to d taste before introducing something else. this would also help to detect easily if she is allergic or reacting to any of them.

once u start giving solids, u would need to give water regularly to avoid constipation.

don't worry mesef name ftm n everybody here was a ftm at one point or d other

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 10:10am On Aug 25, 2016
Sabi mama's something has been troubling and giving me sleepless nights. I have been to the hospital and been religiously giving lo the medications prescribed but this allergy persist. Help me out, pls who has experienced this

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 11:35am On Aug 25, 2016
@dunamit, the moniker used to be a regular on pregnancy thread and also here. So, @blank pls expose her IF you have prove cos you may judge her wrongly

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MetroTee: 11:59am On Aug 25, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

You can start giving water a couple of weeks before. I did that purely because i wanted to start my lo at meal times with a cup instead of a sippy cup or bottle. So we had some training wih a cup prior to the actual start of weaning, so we are not struggling with to many new things at the same time.

For the actual food, start with one meal a day and gradually work up to 3, within a month or 2. You are essentially substituting a solid meal for a usual breast feed. Fruit or cereal doesnt really matter. Single flavours of fruit or veg are preferable at the start as it is easier to spot and identify any allergies to any foods as opposed to offering a mix of food and not knowing what they are reacting to.

Wow! This id exactly what i wanted. Thank you plenty! I'll try to start water today then as we have 5 days to 6 months. Plan to do baby led weaning at some point. She also sleeps for the night while nursing and be thinking of how to stop. Will use this formula method.

Suddenly feeling so empowered. I've been nervous o. I really appreciate your response. God bless you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by naturalfood(f): 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2016
barag:

infact left to me by now u should have started putting small bits of food in her mouth so that she can get used to the different taste. shebi na next week she go turn 6 months. u don try na.
one word of caution is whenever u give her something new allow her get used to d taste before introducing something else. this would also help to detect easily if she is allergic or reacting to any of them.
once u start giving solids, u would need to give water regularly to avoid constipation.
barag:

barag:

Anak123:
Aiyayayayai!!!! , came on here to request help concerning wat foods to give my baby as I'm tired of only bf! Abeg I don tire, I never try reach?? We r gonna be six months on the 27th, adjusted age:4months plus(if that matters)

Alphahandmaiden and liftedhands just confused me more undecided lipsrsealed

Don't think I'll have time to be preparing orishirishi everyday , was thinking of getting tins like sma n co. Maybe mix with formular...dint even think of variety for the boy. Kai, e easy!!

Pls mamas, can I get suggestions on good canned foods for my baby. Will try to do the fruit tins wen I can too.

My boy is now so interested in food, he cries whenever we r eating.....

Hello everyone, how we all doing

i deal with baby nutrition and package natural babyfood, it is strictly prepared hygienically for babies 5months upward

NATURESMART BABY FOOD HAS THE FOLLOWING FORTIFIED GRAINS

RICHYMILLET
MAZYSOY
YUMMYSORGHUM
WHEATYMEAL
BROWN RICE

ALL IN POWDER FORM, YOU CAN SEND ME A MAIL ON naturesmartfoods@gmail.com or call me on 08090492156 FOR MORE EXPLANATION. THANK YOU. GOD BLESS OUR KIDDIES.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MetroTee: 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

Wow! This id exactly what i wanted. Thank you plenty! I'll try to start water today then as we have 5 days to 6 months. Plan to do baby led weaning at some point. She also sleeps for the night while nursing and be thinking of how to stop. Will use this formula method.

Suddenly feeling so empowered. I've been nervous o. I really appreciate your response. God bless you x
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by naturalfood(f): 12:03pm On Aug 25, 2016
MetroTee:

Suddenly feeling so empowered. I've been nervous o. I really appreciate your response. God bless you

i deal with baby nutrition and package natural babyfood, it is strictly prepared hygienically for babies 5months upward

RICHYMILLET
MAZYSOY
YUMMYSORGHUM
WHEATYMEAL
BROWN RICE

ALL IN POWDER FORM, YOU CAN SEND ME A MAIL ON naturesmartfoods@gmail.com or call me on 08090492156 FOR MORE EXPLANATION. THANK YOU. GOD BLESS OUR KIDDIES.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by naturalfood(f): 12:09pm On Aug 25, 2016
MetroTee:

i ll advice you start with fruits like avocado and banana first giving an interval of four days each to watch for rxns, followd by other fruits following four days rules, thereafter start introducing grains.

RICHYMILLET
MAZYSOY
YUMMYSORGHUM
WHEATYMEAL
BROWN RICE

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by naturalfood(f): 12:12pm On Aug 25, 2016
i deal with baby nutrition and package natural babyfood, it is strictly prepared hygienically and for easy absorption of nutrients, for babies 5months upward

RICHYMILLET
MAZYSOY
YUMMYSORGHUM
WHEATYMEAL
BROWN RICE

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MetroTee: 12:25pm On Aug 25, 2016
barag:

LOL! It's true jare. Thank you. I've been touching the tip of her tongue with food small small sha
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by papaada: 12:35pm On Aug 25, 2016
papaada:
Pls mothers l have a question l went for my dd 6wks immunization yesterday buh we were only give opv, pcv, nd penta1 we were told d rotavirus ws nt available. Som1 askd us to go to a private clinic which we did nd dey said d same tin nt available as in nt in circulation yt my question nw is mothers dat has givn deir children dis vaccine (rota virus) where did u take dem. I'm based in lag thnks in anticipation

Pls mamas l nid a response
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 1:24pm On Aug 25, 2016
@MetroTee, u can start as soon as he clocks 6months. Start giving water. U can start wt any of d fruits. till date, my baby hasn't taken any commercial cereal and he s 7months plus. I started wt pap(I make @home wt millet and guineacorn) , then I pureed banana, then I introduced other varieties eg, sweet potato and chicken/fish, sweet potato and carrot etc. he also eats garri small small. I ve also bought brown rice BT I m yet to grind it. He takes quaker oats too. U ll still continue to gv him milk and his main milk factory of course. At d onset, he may resist BT keep trying until he gets used to it. Introduce one type of food per tym.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 1:25pm On Aug 25, 2016
papaada:

Pls mamas l nid a response
got mine @ lagoon in February.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by QueensC(f): 2:13pm On Aug 25, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 2:37pm On Aug 25, 2016
MetroTee:

Suddenly feeling so empowered. I've been nervous o. I really appreciate your response. God bless you x

Glad i could be of help.

A few other things that have helped me in the weaning process gadget wise....

A soft tip spoon in the early days.

A siliconr bib with the crumb catcher.

An electric food steamer to heat up food

Also reserve a few empty glass jars and their covers of baby food if you buy them. They are really handy for use in a steamer.

A hand held blender and a large high sided mug- its really good for small portions blending or making purrees. You just need a piece of kitchen towel to hold over to prevent splashes. This is an alternative to a specialised baby food blender.

A doidy cup - if you can find this ( google it), it is absolutely worth it! This has made our cup drinking so much better and easier. Alternatively you can use a transparent cup, or i sometimes use the cover of the feeding bottle when we are out and about so i can see the level of the water. Most disposable cups have a rolled egde but unfinished end is slightly sharp so be careful if you wish to go down that route as babies cant really control their tongues to avoid them injuring themselves.

Silicone ice cube trays. To freeze excess baby food.

A drink muddler - now this is really not essential, but if you or hubby are into cocktails and have one lying around especially the plastic ones with the spiky base, they are actually fabulous at mashing the odd single portion of baby food.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 25, 2016
Eminya:
Sabi mama's something has been troubling and giving me sleepless nights. I have been to the hospital and been religiously giving lo the medications prescribed but this allergy persist. Help me out, pls who has experienced this
Could he be reacting to something he's eating?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 2:57pm On Aug 25, 2016
double post
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 2:58pm On Aug 25, 2016
dunamit is a familiar moniker on preggy thread, so pls do ur investigation right and don't judge her wrongly.

Meanwhile, dunamit I pray God meet u at d point of ur need. Am also financially down presently and my baby eats what I eat and he is doing fine. manage with whatever u have, if we r to be asking for financial assistant on this thread, it won't be funny. But everyone just kept hope alive.
May God send an helper ur way dear. Don't worry ur baby will not suffer, He shall make provision for his upkeep.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by barag(f): 3:00pm On Aug 25, 2016
MetroTee:

LOL! It's true jare. Thank you. I've been touching the tip of her tongue with food small small sha

don't worry my sis u wld soon get d hang if it. things might be a bit messy at first share. Also get ready to sing n dance well well as this would encourage Ur baby.
@naturalfood OK we don hear. pls stop quoting Ur self over n over again. since its on d page anyone reading dt page would see what u have to offer.

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PresVA: 3:26pm On Aug 25, 2016
Hi mamas,

Does anyone here use st. charles baby soap for her LO? Want to know how good the soap is on babies. .

Thanks a lot. .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 3:37pm On Aug 25, 2016
Eminya:

you need to drill down to the source of the allergy. Don't use soap for a few days and oil his body with shea butter or vaseline only! Rinse his clothes more thoroughly too! avoid seafood, nuts and dairy products for now. No okra too.

Pele it is well. What meds where you given?

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.