Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,240 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (589) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391413 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dharmsexy(f): 3:39pm On Aug 25, 2016
xeexee1:
hello mamas pls com 2 my aid ooo ma 8month DS has been havn a reoccurring skin rashes i havn been using baby tribotan its goes vy dryn up snd peeln but after like 2weeks it will still com back again.. i use ori but its stil appears finally had 2 go 2d hospita was given prescription E45 cream and sebamed soap bt am feeln as it its nt workn pls any other assistance u can render 2me ma people.. also i ve used red flower but to no avail i dont know of s ela here is ma DS pix tnx u mamas lookm forward to ur replies
Dis same thing appeared on my son's back some months ago. The pediatrician said it could be allergy coupled with dry skin. He recommended bicoten cream which I started using some days ago. Prior to dt I used baby tribotan but it didn't work. I think using sebamed products is a good one buh for my son I use dove soap and nivea cream with almond oil for dry to very dry skin and am seeing improvements. I apply d bicoten cream abt 3 times a day and its really working. Just be patient n apply d cream generously,u will see results.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by naturalfood(f): 3:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
MetroTee:

LOL! It's true jare. Thank you. I've been touching the tip of her tongue with food small small sha

thank you for getting back to me ma.
i deal with baby nutrition and package natural babyfood, it is strictly prepared hygienically and for easy absorption of nutrients, for babies 5months upward

NATURESMART BABY FOOD HAS THE FOLLOWING FORTIFIED GRAINS

RICHYMILLET
MAZYSOY
YUMMYSORGHUM
WHEATYMEAL
BROWN RICE

ALL IN POWDER FORM, YOU CAN SEND ME A MAIL ON naturesmartfoods@gmail.com or call me on 08090492156 FOR MORE EXPLANATION. THANK YOU. GOD BLESS OUR KIDDIES.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by naturalfood(f): 3:53pm On Aug 25, 2016
papaada:

Pls mamas l nid a response

madam, as much as i know rotavirus is a secondary vaccine and government hospitals and health centres in Lagos does not give it reason i think is because is not free, if you want secondary vaccines for your baby private hospitals does that for a fee, between 7k and 8K I GUESS depending on the one your taking, (there are various secondary vaccine appropriate for age categories) there other secondary vaccines such as pnemococcal conjugate, and others. if you can afford secondary vaccines pls take them for your kids, is good.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 5:35pm On Aug 25, 2016
babythug:

you need to drill down to the source of the allergy. Don't use soap for a few days and oil his body with shea butter or vaseline only! Rinse his clothes more thoroughly too! avoid seafood, nuts and dairy products for now. No okra too.

Pele it is well. What meds where you given?

I was given vit c, ibuprofen syrup, loratadine, and amoxycilin. He was also prescribed 3k cream. Thank you Mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 5:47pm On Aug 25, 2016
QueensC:
Any Lagos mainland mama who has a fairly used car seat for sale? Pls SMS price(abeg d jale jale price grin smiley) and ur location/axis to 09099110110....tnx.

cc: dexterush
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 5:57pm On Aug 25, 2016
Good evening mamas, please what is the difference between OPV and IPV? Does it mean that one can be taken in place of the other and not both?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:26pm On Aug 25, 2016
Eminya:

I was given vit c, ibuprofen syrup, loratadine, and amoxycilin. He was also prescribed 3k cream. Thank you Mama

Don't use vaseline (will coat the skin and not allow it to breathe) or shea butter (it's a nut by-product, like peanut butter). What cream did he prescribe, a steriod or something like white Parafin? What exactly did the doctor say was wrong with him? He seems to be treating for an allergy and maybe trying to prevent an infection entering through bruised skin. Why did your son start itching, did he itch? What happened in the last 12 hours before he started showing those welts? Write it down carefully.

My daughter usually starts showing skin irritation to Pampers in about 4 hours (severe scratching, at night wih heat, to the point that she breaks her skin). It's a perfume allergy: something synthetic they use in Pampers diaper to mask the smell. So you need to know what you're dealing with.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 9:02pm On Aug 25, 2016
Onegai:

Don't use vaseline (will coat the skin and not allow it to breathe) or shea butter (it's a nut by-product, like peanut butter). What cream did he prescribe, a steriod or something like white Parafin? What exactly did the doctor say was wrong with him? He seems to be treating for an allergy and maybe trying to prevent an infection entering through bruised skin. Why did your son start itching, did he itch? What happened in the last 12 hours before he started showing those welts? Write it down carefully.

My daughter usually starts showing skin irritation to Pampers in about 4 hours (severe scratching, at night wih heat, to the point that she breaks her skin). It's a perfume allergy: something synthetic they use in Pampers diaper to mask the smell. So you need to know what you're dealing with.

I really can't tell what caused the reaction, I woke up in the morning and noticed them on his skin. The doctor also said its an allergic reaction but can't tell what actually caused it. I fed lo a little tuwo and okra soup made with ice fish the night before but that wasn't the first time he was eating that combo. Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:22pm On Aug 25, 2016
Gaily04:
Good evening mamas, please what is the difference between OPV and IPV? Does it mean that one can be taken in place of the other and not both?
OPV will be taken 3 times I.e @birth, 6weeks and 10 weeks while IPV is taken @14weeks. IPV is the final stage of Polio Vaccine. so ur baby will be booked for all.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 9:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
comtem2011:
OPV will be taken 3 times I.e @birth, 6weeks and 10 weeks while IPV is taken @14weeks. IPV is the final stage of Polio Vaccine. so ur baby will be booked for all.

Thanks for your response ma'am, on the immunization card, there is OPV 3, Penta 3, PCV3 and IPV, all @14weeks. It was the both thighs that were injected, then some drops in the mouth. We were told to come back for the IPV since it wasn't available.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:11pm On Aug 25, 2016
Gaily04:

Thanks for your response ma'am, on the immunization card, there is OPV 3, Penta 3, PCV3 and IPV, all @14weeks. It was the both thighs that were injected, then some drops in the mouth. We were told to come back for the IPV since it wasn't available.
the IPV certify babies free of Polio virus, am sure date given should not be more than 2 weeks from now.
Meanwhile, r u using govt or private hospital for immunization? cos it seems government hospitals don't give PCV, and if probably ur baby was given that means he is lucky. Was d PCV column dated? if yes, u r lucky. if no, that means he was not given.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MetroTee: 10:42pm On Aug 25, 2016
tchiwinnie:
@MetroTee, u can start as soon as he clocks 6months. Start giving water. U can start wt any of d fruits. till date, my baby hasn't taken any commercial cereal and he s 7months plus. I started wt pap(I make @home wt millet and guineacorn) , then I pureed banana, then I introduced other varieties eg, sweet potato and chicken/fish, sweet potato and carrot etc. he also eats garri small small. I ve also bought brown rice BT I m yet to grind it. He takes quaker oats too. U ll still continue to gv him milk and his main milk factory of course. At d onset, he may resist BT keep trying until he gets used to it. Introduce one type of food per tym.

Real milk factory o. Lol. Thank you. I want to try also to make as much of her food as possible.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 10:45pm On Aug 25, 2016
comtem2011:
the IPV certify babies free of Polio virus, am sure date given should not be more than 2 weeks from now.
Meanwhile, r u using govt or private hospital for immunization? cos it seems government hospitals don't give PCV, and if probably ur baby was given that means he is lucky. Was d PCV column dated? if yes, u r lucky. if no, that means he was not given.

Its a government facility. PCV is free in all Primary Health centres in Port Harcourt, it was only Rota that was paid on request. All columns were dated apart from the IPV, we had the others on tuesday, and asked to come back next tuesday since its once a week for immunization in my present location, else its monday, wednesday and friday in township.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rieme26: 11:35pm On Aug 25, 2016
Goodday Mama, pls I need milk suggestion for my 1year + baby. I think this peak 123 is purging him. He stools like 4 times a day now.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MetroTee: 12:23am On Aug 26, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

Glad i could be of help.

A few other things that have helped me in the weaning process gadget wise....

A soft tip spoon in the early days.

A siliconr bib with the crumb catcher.

You are truly a blessing! Just took a screenshot of this immediately. These tips make a difference. Thanks again. Still here if you remember anything else smiley

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 4:08am On Aug 26, 2016
rieme26:
Goodday Mama, pls I need milk suggestion for my 1year + baby. I think this peak 123 is purging him. He stools like 4 times a day now.

I found peak123 to b 2 sweet so I usually just switch 2 normal adult milk wen my los turn 1yr n dey tolerate it fine. U can try nido 123, some mamas here says it's beta dan peak.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 5:00am On Aug 26, 2016
Gaily04:

Its a government facility. PCV is free in all Primary Health centres in Port Harcourt, it was only Rota that was paid on request. All columns were dated apart from the IPV, we had the others on tuesday, and asked to come back next tuesday since its once a week for immunization in my present location, else its monday, wednesday and friday in township.
PCV free? that's good. u people r lucky o. Pls kindly make it a date with them for the IPV, its very important, regards to our e-baby. God bless u ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rieme26: 11:48am On Aug 26, 2016
Thanks so much. Pls which milk in particular.
MumZ:

I found peak123 to b 2 sweet so I usually just switch 2 normal adult milk wen my los turn 1yr n dey tolerate it fine. U can try nido 123, some mamas here says it's beta dan peak.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 12:17pm On Aug 26, 2016
zionx

How are you and your baby? Hope you are coping well? My thoughts and prayers are with you.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zheemub(f): 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2016
Good afternoon mamas, pls how can I make baby rice cereal? Can I use d normal rice we do eat or it has to be brown rice?
Due to economic meltdown and soar high prices, am considering baby homemade food. Though tasking but will try as much as I can go.
How to prepare it will be appreciated.
Thanks and will also appreciate any other tips.
Cc: tchiwinnie
Cc: onegai
Cc: AlphaHandMaiden.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2016
Zheemub:
Good afternoon mamas, pls how can I make baby rice cereal? Can I use d normal rice we do eat or it has to be brown rice?
Due to economic meltdown and soar high prices, am considering baby homemade food. Though tasking but will try as much as I can go.
How to prepare it will be appreciated.
Thanks and will also appreciate any other tips.
Cc: tchiwinnie
Cc: onegai
Cc: AlphaHandMaiden.
Well done mama, ur decision to make ur baby food urself is a good one. u can mk and store in ur freezer. that's what I do. for d rice cereal, brown rice is actually healthier(even for adults), u can buy it in any good supermarket, its affordable. just grind in d market and prepare. dissolve in water and bring to boil while stirring continuously. serve wt milk. if u decide to use d regular rice. its d same procedure too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2016
rieme26:
From 1yr up, ur baby can take d regular adult milk, so buy any of ur choice.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zheemub(f): 1:56pm On Aug 26, 2016
tchiwinnie:
Well done mama, ur decision to make ur baby food urself is a good one. u can mk and store in ur freezer. that's what I do. for d rice cereal, brown rice is actually healthier(even for adults), u can buy it in any good supermarket, its affordable. just grind in d market and prepare. dissolve in water and bring to boil while stirring continuously. serve wt milk. if u decide to use d regular rice. its d same procedure too.
Thanks ma. It's appreciated.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 2:54pm On Aug 26, 2016
rieme26:
Thanks so much. Pls which milk in particular.

We use Dano milk.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rieme26: 3:21pm On Aug 26, 2016
Thanks so much.
MumZ:

We use Dano milk.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by naturalfood(f): 3:28pm On Aug 26, 2016
Zheemub:

THANKS @TCHIWINNIE
@ZHEEMUB HYGIENITY IS IMPORTANT TOO AND ALSO PROPER ABSORPTION OF THE NUTRIENT NEEDED BY YOUR BABY SO IT WONT BE GABBAGE IN GABBAGE OUT.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by naturalfood(f): 3:30pm On Aug 26, 2016
Zheemub:

PLS DONT STORE IN THE FREEZER IF UNCOOKED , FRIDGE IS OK FOR STORAGE .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Thosyne1010(f): 4:52pm On Aug 26, 2016
Good day Mamas, please is metholatum still used on babys soft spot? Mixed with baby oil(i use johnson oil). My 16 months daughter still takes cerelac like every two hours with little homemade food but rejects it most times. Please how can I encourage her to take more homemade food and whats the ideal interval between meals. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 5:20pm On Aug 26, 2016
Hey mums, I'll be doing a tutorial on making your own cloth wipes later (so you can see how you can save and decide if it's something you're interested in) and I may even do one on making a wet bag. Also, I found these cloth diapers, which seem to be All-in-2s with microfiber inserts, on sale on Jumia for N1,500. I saw a really cheap lookin one for N800 in Dosunmu market (Balogun) but I don't quite like it.

https://www./bab-washable-baby-diaper-and-2-inserts-blue-160204.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 26, 2016
comtem2011:
dunamit is a familiar moniker on preggy thread, so pls do ur investigation right and don't judge her wrongly.

Meanwhile, dunamit I pray God meet u at d point of ur need. Am also financially down presently and my baby eats what I eat and he is doing fine. manage with whatever u have, if we r to be asking for financial assistant on this thread, it won't be funny. But everyone just kept hope alive.
May God send an helper ur way dear. Don't worry ur baby will not suffer, He shall make provision for his upkeep.
tnk u mam for encourageing me, u knw sumtym u just feel fausrtated n confuse, n just wnt 2 ask fr help anywer. may God Provide Fr Every1 In Other Nt 2 Hear Some Things Tnks Again Mam

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by papaada: 6:31pm On Aug 26, 2016
tchiwinnie:
got mine @ lagoon in February.

Thnks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by papaada: 6:41pm On Aug 26, 2016
naturalfood:

madam, as much as i know rotavirus is a secondary vaccine and government hospitals and health centres in Lagos does not give it reason i think is because is not free, if you want secondary vaccines for your baby private hospitals does that for a fee, between 7k and 8K I GUESS depending on the one your taking, (there are various secondary vaccine appropriate for age categories) there other secondary vaccines such as pnemococcal conjugate, and others. if you can afford secondary vaccines pls take them for your kids, is good.

Thnks for d response I've visited two diff private hospitals was told it wasnt available
Pls if we miss it at 6wks can we still take it say at 10wks

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.